PDA

View Full Version : Best Green Day Album?

SmashingIxnayConspiracy
07-27-2011, 05:37 PM
What do you guys think it is?

jacknife737
07-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Warning

I love the diversity of the sound: you'll find elements of punk, folk, and pop: and i think it's got some of the band's best lyrical work: a song like Church on Sunday can be so simple, yet so catchy and memorable at the same time.

Retard
07-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Definitely going to second Warning.... by far my favorite album they've ever done. Not to mention the best written album they've done. Even though I haven't listened to it in at least a year, and i prefer a lot of their stuff over it, American Idiot is their second best written album. To me it just got old FAASST

RageAndLov
07-28-2011, 01:45 AM
American Idiot no doubt.

Jakebert
07-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Warning. I still really wish that they had continued in that direction, as they do jangle pop stuff really, really well. It also has the added benefit of being their most confident sounding album.

Second is easily Dookie, which as I mentioned in the other thread, is an album I consider to be something of an iconic classic.

My rankings:
Warning
Dookie
Nimrod
Kerpunk!
Insomniac
1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
Shenanigans
American Idiot
21st Century Breakdown

Retard
07-30-2011, 11:12 PM
I might switch Insomniac with Kerplunk! and thatd be my list.

dff_punk
07-31-2011, 05:33 AM
Probably Nimrod, cause it's imho their most energic sounding album. Warning comes a close second.

Alex101
07-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Dookie and Insomniac are my two most favorite GD albums by far.

Llamas
07-31-2011, 01:51 PM
Warning. I still really wish that they had continued in that direction, as they do jangle pop stuff really, really well. It also has the added benefit of being their most confident sounding album.

Second is easily Dookie, which as I mentioned in the other thread, is an album I consider to be something of an iconic classic.

My rankings:
Warning
Dookie
Nimrod
Kerpunk!
Insomniac
1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
Shenanigans
American Idiot
21st Century Breakdown

Heh, this is pretty much my exact list. I just would put Insomniac about Kerplunk!, and I don't really have much of an opinion about 1039/SOSH or shenanigans.

And I fully agree with your thoughts on Warning. That's a fucking fantastic album. Best thing GD has ever done or probably will ever do.

Jakebert
07-31-2011, 02:03 PM
I really love Insomniac, but there's something about Kerplunk that I prefer. It's got the same mix of goofy smartass and intelligent teenager going through a personality crisis that Dookie has.

Plus, 2000 Light Years Away.

I like both Shenanigans and 1,039/Smooth, but they're both hit-or-miss and have some stinkers.

jacknife737
07-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Warning
Nimrod
Insomniac
Dookie
American Idiot
Kerplunk
1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
21st Century Breakdown

Depending on my mood Nimrod and Insomniac could switch places.