PDA

View Full Version : TheOffspringSite.com is back!

Gustavo
07-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Check out our ever-growing photo gallery and our awesome download section and everything else we prepared for you guys!

Kudos goes to Tijs, who did most of the heavy work, it took us more than two years to get this thing done, believe it or not, but it was mostly just the two of us working on it, and we got some important things of our own that kept us from releasing it sooner, but hope you guys enjoy it anyway! And we know it's not perfect, there probably are some mistakes here and there, so, if you come across anything like that, please let us know.

But we'd also like to thank Dan M., Camilamazed,~|Vredina|~ and some people I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting to mention here.

The website is available in two languages, English and Portuguese (we hope to get it out in other languages soon, any candidates for translation?), so, enjoy it and drop us a comment!

www.theoffspringsite.com (English version)
www.theoffspring.com.br (Portuguese version)

randman21
07-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Yaaay. I was starting to miss the site and I didn't know what was going on with it. Glad to see it back, though. Looks so awesome. :)

cool 2 hate 681
07-27-2011, 09:38 PM
saw this on twitter glad to see the site is back up

personal_loans_1
07-28-2011, 03:02 AM
SIFU characters <3 I really like how this site looks. I could translate it to polish, cause since legendary offspring.art.pl died, there's no decent offspring site in pl. There's a board, but main site is in a state of eternal creation.
I didn't know about that Star Profile.

Gustavo
07-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article.

You bots have been scaring the shit out of me lately.

Tijs
07-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Nice! FI-NAL-LY! Wow that took a long time huh :p

There still might be some bugs here or there or any info missing. Anyone who wants to contribute is more than welcome to help! Just contact either one of us :)

SIFU characters <3 I really like how this site looks. I could translate it to polish, cause since legendary offspring.art.pl died, there's no decent offspring site in pl. There's a board, but main site is in a state of eternal creation.
I didn't know about that Star Profile.
Yeah offspring.art.pl was kind of legendary to me to, I visited it many times. If you're also able to contribute news and news-translations for the Polish site we can surely talk about it :)

personal_loans_1
07-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Ou, nice to read that, I miss that site and its ixnay look, and everything, even that awesome test how well do you know offspring. I can surely translate it, I've got a lot of free time at least till september, so give me all the details I need.

~|Vredina|~
07-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Wow, thanks for mentioning me :D
The site is great, you guys did a good job!
I can help with Russian translation if it's needed. Just let me know ;)

Jojan
07-29-2011, 08:48 AM
It looks awful.

Little_Miss_1565
07-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Nice work, guys!

KTILLA23
07-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Nice site will be looking at it more often.

Krojd
07-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Nice work, I'm browsing it over and over. The venue of the 2001 show in Prague was Paegas arena (now Tesla arena) and I found little mistake in discography, under Americana cover it says:

"Americana is the last album The Offspring have recorded with drummer Ron Welty"

edit: I have Americana inside arts in high res but I forgot where I found it, does somebody know where I could find the rest?

Free?
07-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Jojan: you r ctriticism looks awful for as long as iI've known your posts.,

Powerh
07-29-2011, 01:44 PM
TheOffspringSite.com is back! sure...BUT The Offspring are not back !!!! :(

Tijs
07-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Good to hear all the positive feedback. I'll try to have some more live shows online soon. Anything you guys still want to see more of?

Greekoldfan
07-29-2011, 07:18 PM
nice to have it back.good job.i missed the old days with the 60 offspring pages...
ps:there is an error while i'm trying to open the photo section
ps2:the venue of 2004 manchester is carling apollo.I was there..

~|Vredina|~
07-29-2011, 09:53 PM
there is an error while i'm trying to open the photo section

Yeah, I have the same problem - the photo gallery doesn't work :(

Tijs
07-30-2011, 04:14 AM
Oh yeah, I see the problem there. Thanks for pointing it out :)

edit: fixed!

jawhn
07-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Check out our ever-growing photo gallery and our awesome download section and everything else we prepared for you guys!

What download section? Am I blind or is it not there yet?

Tijs
07-30-2011, 04:38 PM
jawhn, check out the Liveguide. Not only is it an overview of all the shows the band did, but on the right it shows an icon whether or not there's any video/audio/photographic material of the show. See for example: http://www.theoffspringsite.com/tos/en/?page=live&search=year|1999

We've got more to come for that.

dff_punk
07-30-2011, 04:40 PM
It looks pretty cool, nice job guys.

When I tried to vote in the poll though, the whole thing froze(with only a sign "loading"), maybe a problem with some external voting site or something. But that's just a little glitch and maybe I'm having trouble with my connection :D

It's really good how cool offspring sites are popping up lately. Namely your site and greekoldfan's site.

Tijs
07-31-2011, 04:31 PM
No external sites being used for that, all custom coding. I'll look into that.