PDA

View Full Version : A new song will be similar to Lightning Rod

dexterone
08-09-2011, 12:48 PM
New song #2 reminds me of Lightening Rod, only better. Couple of barrel sections& nice ramp at the end. - Noodles

That's a cool message,I like Lightning Rod...actually I've been hoping for some Splinter-like songs and it looks like I'm gonna get some...
what do you guys think about this ? especially I guess Gustavo likes that song,so it might be good news for him :D

DUKENT
08-09-2011, 01:10 PM
This sounds good!

Little_Miss_1565
08-09-2011, 03:19 PM
It's not a musical reference -- Noodles' has been tweeting his face off about surfing. They're surfing references.

Tijs
08-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Noodles misspelled Lightning Rod? Wow :p

Tracklist of the new album so far (in no specific order)
1. New Song
2. New Song #2

:)

cool 2 hate 681
08-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Noodles misspelled Lightning Rod? Wow :p

Tracklist of the new album so far (in no specific order)
1. New Song
2. New Song #2

:)

also don't forget dexter said they have a song called it's all good

randman21
08-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Like Lightning Rod, only better...BOLD CLAIM NOODLES! But I believe him. Great news.

also don't forget dexter said they have a song called it's all good

For some reason, I think the consensus on the BBS was that It's All Good is New Song #1. That's probably based on nothing, though.

Omni
08-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Does You Will Find a Way still count as a "new" song? I wonder if it will make the record.

randman21
08-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm increasingly starting to wonder that myself. It doesn't seem to fit with the descriptions that I've heard the band give for the album. But who knows. And does it still count as new? Good question, haha. I'd say yes, but ONLY because we haven't heard the studio version.

RonWelty
08-09-2011, 04:10 PM
I predict that "It's all good" will be their response to "Stuff is messed up".

A irony-filled song about how everything will end up well in the world. But it will not. That's my 2 cents.

ad8
08-11-2011, 02:26 AM
I love their recent twitter activity and them (also) talking about the album in the most recent podcast. A better Lightning Rod? Sounds epic :) How long has it been since You Will Find A Way was debuted live, btw? Seems like a long while to me... I also wonder if it will make it to the album.

MAXTER
08-11-2011, 04:01 AM
Guys where can I listen to offsprings new songs?

still not released!

danitanev
08-11-2011, 05:30 AM
I like your idea - I think it'll be fun!

I predict that "It's all good" will be their response to "Stuff is messed up".

A irony-filled song about how everything will end up well in the world. But it will not. That's my 2 cents.

Gustavo
08-11-2011, 12:48 PM
especially I guess Gustavo likes that song,so it might be good news for him :D

Yep! Although it's not my favorite Offspring song, I really like that one. That is good news indeed. Man, I really can't wait to listen to the new album!

jacknife737
08-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Does You Will Find a Way still count as a "new" song? I wonder if it will make the record.

Be pretty funny if it wasn't.

Glad to see a new flurry of tweets: awesome to see that new material is going to be played at the upcoming shows.

Walfri
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
the new album is gonna be awesome, just like all others..
and a better version of lightning rod, sounds pretty cool!
but I just wish they come to Mexico..
:(

hshduppsnt
08-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Well count me as getting on the hyped up again bandwagon!

(also count me in the completely forgot about "you will find a way" group... :-/...)

personal_loans_1
08-15-2011, 01:09 PM
I still find 'you will find a way/song#1' similar to baywatch theme.

Omni
08-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Max, you like to talk to bots? :D
I'm confident that You'll find a way will make a record. It's a good song. I don't think that they can make 12 better songs on the album. It's more of a rock song, Hammerhead type song, but softer and different. I don't think it will end up like Defy you. It could be It's all good, comforting song that it's all good and you'll find a way, but I somehow expect acoustic song from the title...Kristy or Why don't you get a job.

It'll boil down to "does it fit in with the other songs?" rather than "is this song good enough?" They have tons of good songs that were b-sides, or some that were postponed an album or more because they didn't feel the songs flowed well with the rest of the album.

Didn't Dexter say somewhere they're going as far back as Conspiracy of One (maybe further?) to look at some older ideas that didn't quite mesh out?

jacknife737
08-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Didn't Dexter say somewhere they're going as far back as Conspiracy of One (maybe further?) to look at some older ideas that didn't quite mesh out?

Yeah, i'm pretty sure he mentioned some CO1 bsides were being looked at; no idea if they'll make the final product.

It's going to be fun listening to the new songs and trying to figure out which recording session they may have originated from.

BigFish
08-15-2011, 10:44 PM
The most important thing to think about is that by this time tomorrow we will probably be listening to this amazing new song <3

MAXTER
08-15-2011, 10:54 PM
The most important thing to think about is that by this time tomorrow we will probably be listening to this amazing new song <3

it just today for us european! :p