PDA

View Full Version : 08.16.11 - Prague, CZ Media Thread

MAXTER
08-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Guys, here we go!
Missing only one day at the beginning of the tour! Can't Believe!!! I would like to be there so much! ...So,
Who will go at the concert, please share any media, photos, videos! :)

Have fun guys for all whos will attend THE OFFSPRING in Prague tomorrow!!! :)

DUKENT
08-15-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm attending!! Can't wait!

Lord_Gabo
08-15-2011, 10:17 AM
mega hype!!! :D

Jojan
08-15-2011, 10:55 AM
There are not sixteen months in a year.

MAXTER
08-16-2011, 02:46 PM
-hope to get as early possible the setlist, so then I will post here! :) cross fingers!

GuilhermeOffspring
08-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Please: videos, audios and track-list!!!

BigFish
08-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Was hoping to come home to a recording of the new song :(

cool 2 hate 681
08-16-2011, 04:15 PM
first videos

you will find a way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDE9qnW90RY

stuff is messed up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrwQSl_I3kc

all i want
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5VXj7jyW90

your gonna go far kid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMzVyt4U-YE

MAXTER
08-16-2011, 04:15 PM
first video from the Prague shw: YOU WILL FIND A WAY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDE9qnW90RY)
Enjoy! :)

"All I Want" better version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB41v6LYBis

jacknife737
08-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Awesome to see Stuff is Messed Up still being a part of the setlists.

From an initial listen, i think You Will Find a Way sounds different from the versions that emerged from the 311 tour last year (the guitars?). Was there anything else new played?

Edit: All I Want
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5VXj7jyW90

RonWelty
08-16-2011, 04:33 PM
if YWFAW is the new song that they will play ...:(

cool 2 hate 681
08-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Was there anything else new played?

so far it doesn't look like it:(

EDIT it looks like this guy recorded most of the show

http://www.youtube.com/user/alexlapotka

RonWelty
08-16-2011, 04:43 PM
hammerhead was cut i guess

cool 2 hate 681
08-16-2011, 04:56 PM
hammerhead was cut i guess

they should have cut kristy or hit that instead

KHWHD
08-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Awesome videos, thanks guys! :D

RonWelty
08-16-2011, 05:01 PM
no AMERICANA? oh god :S

MAXTER
08-16-2011, 05:04 PM
wait, wait, be patient! :D

RonWelty
08-16-2011, 05:05 PM
wait, wait, be patient! :D

are you the uploader?

Powerh
08-16-2011, 05:07 PM
EXAUCED !! http://www.youtube.com/user/alexlapotka#p/a/u/0/mGydmRuJmJI Dexter got such a powerful voice and they just rocks !!

MAXTER
08-16-2011, 05:09 PM
are you the uploader?

I'm not the uploader! ;)

momo91
08-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys for all this stuff! but... the setlist?

RonWelty
08-16-2011, 05:10 PM
At least, it seems like it's gonna be a longer set.

MAXTER
08-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Thanks guys for all this stuff! but... the setlist?

wait still few minutes! and I will post it here! :)

Zee
08-16-2011, 05:13 PM
What Happened To You played!

Also, yeah You Will Find A Way's guitar riffs were changed...

RonWelty
08-16-2011, 05:14 PM

Hey Zee!

Yeah, now it's not a FF cover but a mediocre song.

MAXTER
08-16-2011, 05:15 PM

Yeah!
These riff was so strange to me instead of those were played last year ago..... :confused: I need to hear this song in a better quality

RonWelty
08-16-2011, 05:15 PM
I''ve just realised...NO GONE AWAY! NOOOOOOO!

MAXTER
08-16-2011, 05:18 PM
I''ve just realised...NO GONE AWAY! NOOOOOOO!

And it stings
Yeah it stings now
The world is so cold
Now that we don't have gone away :(

RonWelty
08-16-2011, 05:20 PM
it's a disgrace... I bet they will play gone away on festivals instead of Hit That/Kristy but I will see them in Paris and I guess NO GONE AWAY.... More sad than a bad new song is them not playing one of their top5 songs ...

Zee
08-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Hammerhead is there... the uploader just named it wrong "Can't Repeat". Can't Repeat coming?

RonWelty
08-16-2011, 05:21 PM
I have to be fair : At least Can't repeat is there. Something fresh!

EDIT: it isn't cant repeat but hammerhead...bah

RonWelty
08-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Hammerhead is there... the uploader just named it wrong "Can't Repeat". Can't Repeat coming?

It was a mistake from the uploader...bahh boring setlist!

Castormut
08-16-2011, 05:33 PM
So, this was the setlist (not in order):

-The Kids arent all right

- Cant get my head around you

-Pretty fly

-What happened to you

-Americana-

-Why dont you get a job

-Kristy are you doing okay

-Gotta get away

-Hit that

-Bad habit

-Have you ever

-Staring at the sun

-Come out and play

-You are gonna go far kid

-All i want

-Stuff is messed up

-You will find a way

-Want you bad

-Hammerhead

-Self Esteem

MAXTER
08-16-2011, 05:35 PM
The Setlist:

1. All I Want
2. Gonna Go Far Kid
3. You Will Find A Way
4. Come Out And Play
5. Have You Ever
6. Staring At The Sun
7. Stuff Is Messed Up
8. Bad Habit
9. Hit That
10. Gotta Get Away
11. Kristy
12. Job
13. Americana
14. What Happend To You?
15. Pretty Fly
16. Head Around
17. Kids
-Encore-
18. Hammerhead
19. Want You Bad
20. Self Esteem

BigFish
08-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Sounds like the main riff and some of the lyrics in the 2nd verse of "The New Song" were changed. I'm pretty upset that "New Song #2" wasn't played...

EDIT: But, this obviously means that the band is taking note of the things that fans are saying. A lot were complaining about it sounding too similar to Times Like These, and it got changed. I personally had no problem with it, but I think this shows they do listen to what we are saying.

Greekoldfan
08-16-2011, 05:41 PM
20 songs.that's good :) but we still waiting for more rare songs to be performed.dont forget the dui ,change the world campaign (I know it is difficult,but you never know..)
ps:maxter have you been there....@sshole? :P hehe
ps2: always enjoyable to listen to a different intro on want you bad by pete

RonWelty
08-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Sounds like the main riff and some of the lyrics in the 2nd verse of "The New Song" were changed. I'm pretty upset that "New Song #2" wasn't played...

EDIT: But, this obviously means that the band is taking note of the things that fans are saying. A lot were complaining about it sounding too similar to Times Like These, and it got changed. I personally had no problem with it, but I think this shows they do listen to what we are saying.

Maybe it was Grohl's lawer...

Zee
08-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Was All I Want really the opener?

I fucking love that, if that's so. :D It's such a bank blower, makes you nuts being the first song.

Powerh
08-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Well so we have :

6 Americana
5 Smash
1 ixnay
1 CO1
2 splinter
4 RAFRAG
1 New

RonWelty
08-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Was All I Want really the opener?

I fucking love that, if that's so. :D It's such a bank blower, makes you nuts being the first song.

It was.
Dexter started with "ok yayayayaya"

Zee
08-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Aaaah, yees, All I Want is the first song.

That's just soooo fucking awesome. I think it's the best one to open the gig. Makes you move right away... and RonWelty, don't ever call an Offspring show boring, dude. :D Naah I know you mean the set list, but I'm sure the second new song will be played too and some (little) rotation.

MAXTER
08-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Well so we have :
1 ixnay

just one song from Ixnay???? WTF :mad:

MAXTER
08-16-2011, 05:55 PM
20 songs.that's good :) but we still waiting for more rare songs to be performed.dont forget the dui ,change the world campaign (I know it is difficult,but you never know..)
ps:maxter have you been there....@sshole? :P hehe
ps2: always enjoyable to listen to a different intro on want you bad by pete

hehehehe, I would like to went there! ;)

Zee
08-16-2011, 05:59 PM
I don't personally mind Gone Away piano being thrown off... it gives space for some song with all the instruments. For me The Offspring gigs are the biggest energy bumps out there and I prefer some rocking insted. :) With full band I'd take it though... glad I got to hear it a few times live with piano actually, but gotta move on I think...

Biggest highlight as I said; All I Want - first song. Words can't describe the feeling as the song starts. Keep it this way!

It's just going to be blast with all the classic hits. Thinking about it, can't wait!

MAXTER
08-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't personally mind Gone Away piano being thrown off... it gives space for some song with all the instruments. For me The Offspring gigs are the biggest energy bumps out there and I prefer some rocking insted. :) With full band I'd take it though... glad I got to hear it a few times live with piano actually, but gotta move on I think...

Biggest highlight as I said; All I Want - first song. Words can't describe the feeling as the song starts. Keep it this way!

It's just going to be blast with all the classic hits. Thinking about it, can't wait!

Agreed! Can't wait! :D

jsmak84
08-16-2011, 07:12 PM
How wonderful and how exciting to hear play live gotta get away !!!!

Wonderful also this different version of You Will Find A Way

!!Fantastic!!

bouncingcoles
08-16-2011, 10:57 PM
The new song sounds great though, i think i like the new riff they added too. Too bad they took out gone away though but its cool they added stuff is messed up. Its nice to see some variety.

Gustavo
08-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Man, I missed these media threads!

A little sad to see the set-list, though, wish they'd improved it more. But the new "You Will Find A Way" version sounds good! I liked it. It's still kinda weird listeining to it as I'm used to the old version, but it's already! Just makes me want to listen to the new album more and more.

And, of course, theoffspringsite.com has already been updated! You can check out a post about the show here (http://www.theoffspringsite.com/tos/en/?page=news&sub=article&id=1279#/news/08162011-prague-czech-republic--prumyslovy-palac/). Not to mention its page at the Liveguide (http://www.theoffspringsite.com/tos/en/?page=live)!

We'll be updating our Twitter, too! Follow us: www.twitter.com/offspringsite

momo91
08-17-2011, 01:13 AM
I love "all i want" as opener too, especially when Dex says "ok" so fucking strong like here!

hshduppsnt
08-17-2011, 01:39 AM

Not only do I agree with this but I do have to admit that they changed it a little (didn't expect to see Kristy still there and Hit That?) Be curious to see how this changes show to show now. EDIT: And what happened to you? nice

Isti
08-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Alright guys!

I just arrived home!

It was an AWESOME show! They are sounded cool! I shooted some video (you will find a way, hammerhead, what happened..., CGMHAY, self esteem)

give me some time and i will uploading them.

Inside the place was a 100°C, it was hot like a hell! No aircondition!

but i have to say, good job Praha! awesome crowd! great atmosphere

I had a fucking great time and i think the band had it too!

MAXTER
08-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Alright guys!

I just arrived home!

It was an AWESOME show! They are sounded cool! I shooted some video (you will find a way, hammerhead, what happened..., CGMHAY, self esteem)

give me some time and i will uploading them.

Inside the place was a 100°C, it was hot like a hell! No aircondition!

but i have to say, good job Praha! awesome crowd! great atmosphere

I had a fucking great time and i think the band had it too!

I'm glad you had fun in Praha! :)

Beheaded
08-17-2011, 02:50 AM
Can someone say something about the merch? Shirts and their look, prices and so on.

RonWelty
08-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Gone Away was on the setlist, but probably was skipped!!!

Feel much better now.

momo91
08-17-2011, 03:52 AM
http://kultura.idnes.cz/kytarista-offspring-o-praze-tahal-jsem-tu-bedny-pil-pivo-nadhera-p8u-/hudba.aspx?c=A110816_155628_hudba_jaz

Noodles' interview to be translated...

dexterone
08-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Can someone say something about the merch? Shirts and their look, prices and so on.

there were a lot of amazing t-shirts...the one I've really liked was a grey one with that eagle symbol from You're gonna far,kid singel on front side and on the back side there were all the dates from this tour....and the others were very similar,they all had mostly the tour dates on the back side...but they all were pretty much expensive-around 25 €...but if you've got money,it's worth buying it...

about the concert....I see a lot of people writing that the setlist was boring...well,I don't think so...It's different,when you hear it live and when you see it on youtube and because then you just say it's all the same again...
dexter's voice sounds much better and clearer than last year and I don't know,I'd say that even more professional....All I want was a cool opener,I was really shocked because I was sure that they were gonna start it with Bad Habit...You'll find a way was a little bit different,but not so much...
What happened to you surprised me as well....

and the last thing I wanna say...some people from this forum are amazing,I'm happy that I could've met them and even though there was no meet'n'greet with the band,I'm very satisfied....

lena
08-17-2011, 04:48 AM
there were a lot of amazing t-shirts...the one I've really liked was a grey one with that eagle symbol from You're gonna far,kid singel on front side and on the back side there were all the dates from this tour....and the others were very similar,they all had mostly the tour dates on the back side...but they all were pretty much expensive-around 25 €...but if you've got money,it's worth buying it...

about the concert....I see a lot of people writing that the setlist was boring...well,I don't think so...It's different,when you hear it live and when you see it on youtube and because then you just say it's all the same again...
dexter's voice sounds much better and clearer than last year and I don't know,I'd say that even more professional....All I want was a cool opener,I was really shocked because I was sure that they were gonna start it with Bad Habit...You'll find a way was a little bit different,but not so much...
What happened to you surprised me as well....

and the last thing I wanna say...some people from this forum are amazing,I'm happy that I could've met them and even though there was no meet'n'greet with the band,I'm very satisfied....

coolll :rolleyes: add up some pictures :cool:

GuilhermeOffspring
08-17-2011, 05:10 AM
Where's Gonne Away piano version?:eek:

Only one Splinter music... :(

momo91
08-17-2011, 05:19 AM
some pics of the show:

http://musicserver.cz/clanek/35933/The-Offspring-Prumyslovy-palac-Praha-16-8-2011-fotogalerie/

MAXTER
08-17-2011, 05:31 AM
Only one Splinter music... :(

They played 2: Head Around You & Hit That

samseby
08-17-2011, 05:39 AM
Thanks a lot for the uploads :)
Wish I could have been there too though :(

Llamas
08-17-2011, 05:50 AM
Wow, they really did change that riff!! It's hard to make out in this recording; I'm really curious to hear clearly what they did with it. It's very cool that they played with it. I hope this song ends up on the album - I definitely dig it.

DUKENT
08-17-2011, 05:54 AM
Incredible show! They nailed it! God I love them so much!

samseby
08-17-2011, 06:15 AM
Wonder if it's gonna be the same setlist for all gigs ...

MAXTER
08-17-2011, 06:18 AM
Some photos from Czech website (http://musicserver.cz/clanek/35933/The-Offspring-Prumyslovy-palac-Praha-16-8-2011-fotogalerie/)

lena
08-17-2011, 06:55 AM
slim they look;)

Oxygene
Wonder if it's gonna be the same setlist for all gigs ...

no.. it never is... we may get some ineresting tunes, I am hoping.. :)

The show yesterday was fucking amazing btw.. oh my.

Oxygene
slim they look;)

not as slim as me :)

lena
08-17-2011, 06:59 AM
not as slim as me :)

can not have everything;)

the_real_potomek
08-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Ohh, the show was so awesome:D I'm happy that I finally got to hear What Happened To You on the concert, I was waiting for a long time:) It was such a great feeling to hear and watch them again... oh I loved it!

Castormut
08-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Just saw a picture of the setlist and it looks like You Will find a way, is really called November song. (ż?)

dexterone
08-17-2011, 07:39 AM
The show yesterday was fucking amazing btw.. oh my.

I'm just pretty curious,how deep in your ass some people have to be when you always take the same bum-suckers and organize meet'n'greet for them...
Anyway,I didn't want anything from you,because you're a haughty knucklehead and I don't give a fuck but when you promised something to the rest of the crew who weren't with the band 2 years ago,I thought you'd keep a promise...but you rather call ''your people'',who have like fifty photos with them....
and I know that now I'm gonna be the bad one here again,I just wanted to express my opinion...the only one thing that really pisses me off is that you're not fair to some people...because someone never had a chance to meet them and you instead of helping them just call your friends over and over....

Isti
08-17-2011, 07:42 AM
the November song :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOypjnzHgX0

(my shot)

MAXTER
08-17-2011, 08:07 AM

(my shot)

Congrats Dude! Awesome Job! Awesome Video!
Best Dexter voice I've ever heard! :eek:

nico33
08-17-2011, 08:23 AM
I'm just pretty curious,how deep in your ass some people have to be when you always take the same bum-suckers and organize meet'n'greet for them...
Anyway,I didn't want anything from you,because you're a haughty knucklehead and I don't give a fuck but when you promised something to the rest of the crew who weren't with the band 2 years ago,I thought you'd keep a promise...but you rather call ''your people'',who have like fifty photos with them....
and I know that now I'm gonna be the bad one here again,I just wanted to express my opinion...the only one thing that really pisses me off is that you're not fair to some people...because someone never had a chance to meet them and you instead of helping them just call your friends over and over....

I agree with dexterone...absolute truth !!!!!

Tijs
08-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Yeah Dexter nailed all the songs with his voice. Lyrically not so much, he did some lyrics wrong on Gotta Get Away and Have You Ever. But Stuff Is Messed Up he did perfectly. Either way, it just makes it more fun to hear then :p

The crowd in there was very awesome as well, plenty of circle pits and whatnot. Todd did good on Americana with the 'aaaaaahs', great addition to the band in general!

It was really fun to meet up with the Slovakian/Czech fans and Szandi and Oxy and the other guys. The singing in the park was a cool thing, hope I didn't bother too many people with my awful voice, but ah well :p All cool guys there, thanks!

Oxygene
08-17-2011, 09:01 AM

Let me just see if I understand this.. when I ask you for help and you don't help me, with something much smaller, that's OK, but I should pick you over my gf to meet the band - bear in mind she hadn't met them before either? Could you please enlighten my knucklehead how that should work?

One standard will be plenty I think.. we don't need a second one, special just for me ;)

Isti
08-17-2011, 09:06 AM
can't get my head around you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CkBJHApByM

RonWelty
08-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Yeah Dexter nailed all the songs with his voice.

It seemed that way to me either. I just hope it continues.
He really seems to be enjoying this time. That's good.

MAXTER
08-17-2011, 09:27 AM
can't get my head around you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CkBJHApByM

WOW! Awesome!!! The best part of this video when Noodles & Todd screams on back vocals Yeahhhhhhhhh!!! They're really Punk!!!:)

Dana
08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
I just hope that the band enjoyed yesterday's show too. It was so amazing, I'm looking forward to some next gig. I hope they will come again soon...maybe next year - some European tour with a new CD would be great :D

jsmak84
08-17-2011, 10:10 AM

(my shot)

Mega super fantastic audio & video !!!!

The differente version of the new song is very great !!

DMelges
08-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Awesome to have them back touring!

But I have to admit I prefer the old version of "November song".

Isti
08-17-2011, 11:16 AM
What happened to you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv31MAAqbNM

dr.vanessa
08-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks so much for the links guys!!Awesome show!:cool:

Llamas
08-17-2011, 12:06 PM

Wow, bitter much? You've always been a rather negative face around these boards - very quick to judge and insult. Who are you to attack someone for going out of his way to organize something like this for his friends?? Obviously people he has a stronger connection with and he knows better are going to get invited before others... and with the attitude I see you portraying on this board all the time, I'm not one bit surprised that he didn't invite you.

This post seriously could've been rewritten as:
"Wahhhh I didn't get invited to meet the band and so I'm pissy and I have to blame someone... so I'll blame the guy who DIDN'T INVITE ME!!! WHAT A DOUCHE!!!

Oxy, who got to go to the meet n greet altogether this time? Please tell me dff punk finally got his chance!!! :D

dexterone
08-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I agree with dexterone...absolute truth !!!!!

Thanks for sticking up for me!

Let me just see if I understand this.. when I ask you for help and you don't help me, with something much smaller, that's OK, but I should pick you over my gf to meet the band - bear in mind she hadn't met them before either? Could you please enlighten my knucklehead how that should work?

One standard will be plenty I think.. we don't need a second one, special just for me ;)

well,apparently I'm not alone and I'm sure there are a lotta people sharing the same opinion...
oh,sorry,I didn't know that isti and tijs and the other guys with Noodles and Dexter in the pictures were your gf...and yes,please tell me now that it wasn't you who let them in...
but it's useless to argue about that...just be happy that you know the band,go to the next gig they're playing tomorrow,have a good time and organize a good meet'n'greet with the same good friends...I don't need it anymore because I got a good experience,when 2 years ago you wrote how everyone from Slovak crew should be thankful to you,because without you they would never meet the band...if you were a normal guy and weren't so proud,you would be trying to help us and noone would have any problem with you...

EDIT: lamas,oxygene doesn't like me and I don't like him either so I didn't expect any help from him,but he could've done something for janny or dff....but who cares,when oxy's with his friends...

RonWelty
08-17-2011, 12:16 PM
So, yeah, they changed the guitar at 2 places in the new song. Shortly after the beginning and then around 2:36. Times like these solo is very similar, but I'm not sure if lawyers could bust them. They made it less redundant, kind of faster at the beginning, stretched at the end and more fluid. They changed the most obvious part.

The first reaction is where is this coming from and then automaticaly "don't like". :D But I guess it's ok. The studio version might get another taste again, but I don't expect it with this song. I think that Half-truism sounded much better live than the studio version on the last record. It's kinda difficult when you get used to the first version. I don't know, I'd probably risk and keep the first version, because the song works and it's not annoying even though we know from where it is coming from. They might get some negative publicity which can be a plus. If they are sure they won't bust them, then go ahead.

The Czech interview is interesting. They have 4 songs completely finished. Most of the album is almost done except some (or a couple? or a few?) lyrics. (if I, not Noodles, can guess, half of the remaining 8 songs have some lyrics and the others completely do not) The first "hand in date" was November last year. :D They have hoped to have it finished before this tour started. Noodles doesn't know why it takes so long and asks other guys in the band. Noodles says that maybe because they always rework the songs. The new song #1 got a different taste. He hopes that they make them better. Then, he said that they almost stopped playing before Smash and that they put everything into that album.

So yeah, they need lyrics. They will probably be tweaking some songs. Mixing? Then, mastering. Printing. Looks like March 2012 at best. I wouldn't be surprised if June 2012. 4 years after RFRG. 10th album June 2016. :D

If they need someone to write some of those, I am cheap. Actually, I would pay to do that ;)

DUKENT
08-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Does anybody have a photo of the setlist?

Llamas
08-17-2011, 12:22 PM
EDIT: lamas,oxygene doesn't like me and I don't like him either so I didn't expect any help from him,but he could've done something for janny or dff....but who cares,when oxy's with his friends...

Wait... dff didn't get to meet the band? wtf? Why the hell not?? I don't wanna get too involved because I wasn't there and all that... but that kinda sounds weird...

Little_Miss_1565
08-17-2011, 12:30 PM

(my shot)

The riff in this song now gives me more of a Damned effect than Foo Fighters. I like how they reworked it! It feels more like their own thing.

Wait... dff didn't get to meet the band? wtf? Why the hell not?? I don't wanna get too involved because I wasn't there and all that... but that kinda sounds weird...

I think it's cool when someone with a personal friendship with the band wants to help someone else meet the band, but that doesn't mean that everyone ever who wants to do this automatically gets to. And I feel like that's the problem with discussing things like meet & greets on the forum...people's feelings get hurt.

Llamas
08-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I think it's cool when someone with a personal friendship with the band wants to help someone else meet the band, but that doesn't mean that everyone ever who wants to do this automatically gets to. And I feel like that's the problem with discussing things like meet & greets on the forum...people's feelings get hurt.

I'm only super shocked by this particular person because I know what happened last time and that dff was promised that he'd get to meet them next time. Of course not everyone gets to meet the band (hence my initial response to dexterone's post).

Isti
08-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Hammerhead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfadvzNmcOs

Oxygene
08-17-2011, 12:58 PM
oh,sorry,I didn't know that isti and tijs and the other guys with Noodles and Dexter in the pictures were your gf...and yes,please tell me now that it wasn't you who let them in...

Not that it is ANY of ANYONEs business at all, but Tijs is there on his own right.. how fucking stupid do you have to be to think otherwise... oh my.

There was an official meet n greet that I wasn't even invited to, why weren't u guys there? Who was? HOW THE FUCK was I supposed to know you weren't..? Nobody came looking for me, unlike at the Slovak show...

you wrote how everyone from Slovak crew should be thankful to you,because without you they would never meet the band...if you were a normal guy and weren't so proud,you would be trying to help us and noone would have any problem with you...

I never wrote anything of the sort.. I guess resorting to lying is normal, when you are so in the wrong.

anyway...

Maybe they could've hung around the backstage entrance perhaps... I've posted it here a gazillion times, the way to meet the band is wait for a long time around the backstage entrance / tour buses... You make absolutely zero effort, and have this sense of entitlement. And again.. how is it, that it's ok for you not to help me in something much much smaller, yet somehow I am obligated??? Why don't you answer that question?

I took in some total stranger dude, who came from like a 1000 kms away. Why again WHY would I not take the others in? There was only 1 dude who has met them before "scheduled" to come in as my guest which was Isti, and he helped me out a lot with the presents to the band/crew.. and there was a person joining last minute who had seen/met them before, but that was it. All of the others were brand new first timers or totally ad hoc, just actually making a fucking EFFORT to meet the band. And you know what, if someone is willing to sit in a shitty mini van for 12 hours to go see the Offspring for the first time, that means they are fans and they are no less deserving than anyone else.

Example: I took in Szandi, she wasn't invited or had her own reserved space, but SHE WAS AT THE FUCKING BACKSTAGE ENTRANCE after the show, waiting for an opportunity, and she was lucky enough, there was space for her. Nobody told her to be there, it's common fucking sense. If you took your head out of your ass from time to time you could've read me saying it a gazillion times.

I am honestly sorry, if you feel offended, but the fact of the matter is, it's really difficult to help if you don't want it.

There was no time set, I had no idea when it would, how it would happen, at first it was supposed to be before the show, then that got axed.. nobody knew what the whole drill was.. As for you guys: nobody absolutely nobody gave a fuck, was hanging around the entrance to meet me (unlike at the Slovak fest, when everyone who got in the meet and greet was waiting and trying to find me) and surprise surprise they all got in.

Really.. I have already spent way too much time on this.. oh and don't flatter yourself, I don't hate you at all... the only reason I am dignifying this with a response is because you are so full of shit, I really need to call you out on all this bullshit venom you are spewing...

I have helped dozens and dozens of people meet the band, large majority of them aren't even real acquaintances of mine.. let alone friends. Just big fans..

I didn't see him anywhere.. I asked Tijs when he came, if he was around and drinking :) but I had no way of finding him, he wasn't in any of the obvious places (by the front of the stage after the show, at the backstage entrance by the buses after the show). I didn't know who was wasn't at the official meet and greet - again I wasn't there. For all I knew he had hung out more with the band then me. Anyway he could've had a slot, but just wasn't around. I had some work commitment from 6-8 and by the time I got to the venue the opening acts were playing, and they weren't outside, they were no where after the show, so um... yeah, that's about it. Again others, even total strangers from afar made it in...

This is ridiculous...

Llamas
08-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Oh. So the summary of this is that dexterone expected YOU to call HIM to invite HIM to meet the band? w.t.f.

The dff punk thing makes sense now, bty... I'd fully expect that if I wanted to meet the band after the show, I'd find a way to contact you beforehand to find out where I should go (I might not know that I should be by the stage after the show, but I'd find out beforehand...) and ask if I could possibly catch up with you to meet the band. Expecting a handout - for you to call a bunch of people and invite them - is extremely ridiculous.

RonWelty
08-17-2011, 01:11 PM
:cool:I missed BBS war!

By the way, Too bad Oxygene can't go to Paris :(. He is a living backstage pass.

Oxygene
08-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Oh. So the summary of this is that dexterone expected YOU to call HIM to invite HIM to meet the band? w.t.f.

The dff punk thing makes sense now, bty... I'd fully expect that if I wanted to meet the band after the show, I'd find a way to contact you beforehand to find out where I should go (I might not know that I should be by the stage after the show, but I'd find out beforehand...) and ask if I could possibly catch up with you to meet the band. Expecting a handout - for you to call a bunch of people and invite them - is extremely ridiculous.

Just so you know, the way AND WHY the Slovak meet and greet happened, was because they were all there together, waiting to find out, they asked me I asked management, they OKd it.

I arrived at the venue had some work commitment (a dinner with my boss, who was at the show but wasn't there with the band after), and by the time we were hanging around at the entrance everyone had gone in.

Oxygene
08-17-2011, 01:13 PM
He is a living backstage pass.

This is just peachy...

cool 2 hate 681
08-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Just saw a picture of the setlist and it looks like You Will find a way, is really called November song. (ż?)

can you please post it?

dexterone
08-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I have helped dozens and dozens of people meet the band, large majority of them aren't even real acquaintances of mine.. let alone friends. Just big fans..

I didn't see him anywhere.. I asked Tijs when he came, if he was around and drinking :) but I had no way of finding him, he wasn't in any of the obvious places (by the front of the stage after the show, at the backstage entrance by the buses after the show). I didn't know who was wasn't at the official meet and greet - again I wasn't there. For all I knew he had hung out more with the band then me. Anyway he could've had a slot, but just wasn't around. I had some work commitment from 6-8 and by the time I got to the venue the opening acts were playing, and they weren't outside, they were no where after the show, so um... yeah, that's about it. Again others, even total strangers from afar made it in...

This is ridiculous...

did you really ask Tijs ? because we were with him and Szandi all the time...so how come that they didn't know? when we asked them,if we wanted to go in or if we'd stay outside,they didn't say anything...so we went inside ....and we thought they were going behind us...it was around 7 p.m.
we went in because nobody mentioned that there was gonna be some meeting...they had dff's number...they could've called him...just to say,do you wanna go and meet the band ? when we were inside,it was tough because we couldn't have gone out because the ticket wouldn't be valid anymore....but we had no idea where they really were and we were absolutely sure that if there was some meet'n'greet,they'd call him....

Krojd
08-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Ok, here I go:

Pre-show time:

I've met with lots of fans from this boards (once again sorry to those guys who were looking for me at the main station :D) The singing and guitar was nice, I cant really sing in public, I need alcohol to do that and I was completely sober yesterday, so...

Supporting bands:

Rybičky48 - Awful, just awful, nothing more to say, awful!

Clou - Dont know how many songs the played but it merged into one long song. So boring and still the same.

The Offspring: Great, great! Beheaded or Kick Him When He's Down didnt make it the setlis but what the heck.

Průmyslový palác and organization: Oh my god! 120 years old building without almost any air conditioning, a lot of people collapsed everywhere around me and I was that close to collapse too at one moment. I was like in 15th row but I made it to second during the All I Want. Not a single drop of water from medics, during Americana I had to go to the toilets to get some. Not to mention the problems with tickets...

Interesting fact :D: It was exactly one year after the Gaslight Anthem show here in Prague (16.8.2010)

Oxygene
08-17-2011, 01:28 PM
did you really ask Tijs ? because we were with him and Szandi all the time...so how come that they didn't know? when we asked them,if we wanted to go in or if we'd stay outside,they didn't say anything...so we went inside ....and we thought they were going behind us...it was around 7 p.m.
we went in because nobody mentioned that there was gonna be some meeting...they had dff's number...they could've called him...just to say,do you wanna go and meet the band ? when we were inside,it was tough because we couldn't have gone out because the ticket wouldn't be valid anymore....but we had no idea where they really were and we were absolutely sure that if there was some meet'n'greet,they'd call him....

CAN YOU FUCKING FATHOM THAT WE DIDN'T KNOW HOW AND WHAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN..? we weren't sure either. I AM DONE explaing this.

At 7 I hadn't even been at the venue yet. I am really growing fucking tiered of explaining this shit to you... you keep trying to help your friend, and I may grow tiered of trying to fucking help ANYONE. I am sick of this.

Lamas is right, it's totally ridiculous for anyone to expect to be called.. do you think I WAS CALLED?

dexterone
08-17-2011, 01:35 PM
CAN YOU FUCKING FATHOM THAT WE DIDN'T KNOW HOW AND WHAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN..? we weren't sure either.

lol...yes,of course,you didn't know anything,everything was just a big coincidence....
peace out

dexterone
08-17-2011, 01:54 PM
:cool:I missed BBS war!

if there were no wars here,this forum would be boring and extinct...and yeah and the best part of BBS wars is that some people take it so seriously that it's just great :D but it seems like this one is over,so you got a right to start another one :D

Llamas
08-17-2011, 02:11 PM
some people take it so seriously that it's just great :D

0_o...... o_0..... ummm.......

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/8/6/7/pot-kettle.jpg

Seriously, dexterone, couldn't you have just PMed oxygene instead of making it into a huge spectacle in a thread that SHOULD be about sharing positive experiences? Jesus.

Tomasisko
08-17-2011, 02:24 PM
hey hey?! what's going on in here?

RonWelty
08-17-2011, 02:29 PM
but it seems like this one is over,so you got a right to start another one :D

I'm a War veteran, but now I am retired! ;)

bouncingcoles
08-17-2011, 02:31 PM
how big was the venue? and were there a lot of people?

personal_loans_1
08-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Oh, so you all had fun, amazing, really. Isti - as someone who couldn't be there - I love you. Quality is brilliant. That 'woohoo' right after beginning of what happened to you is so joyful and pure, oh I'd do the same. I like November Song more now, or rather I like it now, indeed it sounds more offspringish. Last scream performed by Dexter is perfect.
Why the hell 'november song'?

Dexterone, watch some top models episodes, and that won't happen again.

dexterone
08-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Why the hell 'november song'?

probably because Noodles said in one Czech interview,that their first date for releasing a new album has been scheduled for November...but it's not likely to happen
maybe that's the reason why it's called ''november song''-like a song,which is gonna be on the new record in November :D but that's just my theory...

Oxygene
08-17-2011, 03:03 PM
lol...yes,of course,you didn't know anything,everything was just a big coincidence....
peace out

not believing the truth makes you look very smart...

Tijs
08-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Wasn't the concert itself the reason we all came down there? Why focus all the energy on something you didn't get, instead of the great show we've all witnessed. Because the concert was truly awesome (and hot).

RonWelty
08-17-2011, 03:50 PM
probably because Noodles said in one Czech interview,that their first date for releasing a new album has been scheduled for November...but it's not likely to happen
maybe that's the reason why it's called ''november song''-like a song,which is gonna be on the new record in November :D but that's just my theory...

maybe it was made in November?

Gustavo
08-17-2011, 03:51 PM

Totally agreed. This just doesn't make any sense at all, if you attend an Offspring concert and want to meet the band, you gotta make some effort to make it happen, just waiting for someone to guess you want to meet the band and make it happen, that's ridiculous. I don't know why dexterone is complaning so much.

I don't personally know Oxy, but I think he's a really nice person, specially for us BBSers, as I've heard stories of what he's done to other BBS kids to help them meet the band. I can assure you that a lot of people wouldn't have met the band if it weren't for him, and seen as he's friends with the band, he always had the chance to stay in the dark and just not help anyone. People take the smallest things for granted sometimes.

But anyway, seems like ya'll having a nice time at the tour, that's great! Really looking forward to seeing the guys again.

Who says we record a new podcast with guests who were at an European show this year? Who's in? Maybe we could even record a new one with Oxy, with some more interesting stories to share. :)

the_real_potomek
08-17-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't understand all those negative feelings either. You go to the show to see the band, and if you get a chance to meet them it's even more awesome, but after all you shouldn't take for granted that it will happen. We didn't know that much what was going on either.
And blaming Oxy for not taking someone on the meeting is just ridiculous, he could just screw all of it and care only about himself. Yet he tries to help other fans as much as possible, but the thing is that it's not always possible. So why not just be grateful for what he's done instead?
So once again, the show was awesome, and as far as I'm concerned that's the most important thing. So let's just maybe focus on that...

cool 2 hate 681
08-17-2011, 04:54 PM
maybe it was made in November?

it must have been one of the first songs if it was made in november 2009

RonWelty
08-17-2011, 05:01 PM
it must have been one of the first songs if it was made in november 2009

yeah, it must be that!

brothadave79
08-17-2011, 06:49 PM
The band sounds great, Dexter sounds great, and the new guitar riff for "November Song" sounds 100% better. :) Awesome job, guys!

P.S.: Maybe "November Song" means a November-release single for the upcoming album? A sort of pre-hype thing?

MAXTER
08-18-2011, 01:05 AM
if you want to achieve something in life, you should try to get it, not to wait and be sucked into the vortex. Then a few times is good and some bad, but you know that you tried to get what you wanted!!! life teaches us!

RonWelty
08-18-2011, 04:57 AM
This thread is starting to look like a Paulo Coelho's book.

MAXTER
08-18-2011, 05:14 AM
This thread is starting to look like a Paulo Coelho's book.

He wrotes really good books! :)

MAXTER
08-18-2011, 05:16 AM
Photo's Galleries:

http://www.topzine.cz/foto-koncert-the-offspring-v-praze-pohrbil-spatny-zvuk-a-pekelne-vedro

http://musicserver.cz/clanek/35933/The-Offspring-Prumyslovy-palac-Praha-16-8-2011-fotogalerie/

Dana
08-18-2011, 05:33 AM
Audio from Prague :cool:

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|765l32|3868213320|2011-08-16-offspring-prague-mrscully.rar|143088|R~1DEB34CF1B79DA7940D406FD5415 F6D3

Drafan
08-18-2011, 05:40 AM
I didn´t want to write here, but I have to. The truth about this so called war is, that the problem, the real problem is about the number of Hungarians, who are allowed to meet the band. In Terchová 2009, three Slovaks were allowed in, with a bunch of Hungarians. We were there, because we knew, the band would be accomodated at Montana. In Prague, I don´t know how many Czechs or Slovaks made it in, but sure there were lot of lucky foreigners. I´m glad, they are The Offspring fans, so what. But we think, we are at home here and it´s not quite fair. You can call me nationalist, but this is the core of the problem, not that dexterone didn´t meet the band. Btw. not everybody knows where could the backstage entrance be.
In the end, the show was amazing, and I liked to meet my friends from boards and Tijs, Szandi and Potomek.

Tomasisko
08-18-2011, 05:42 AM
November song is just a working title, because the song has been done in november

RonWelty
08-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Photo's Galleries:

http://www.topzine.cz/foto-koncert-the-offspring-v-praze-pohrbil-spatny-zvuk-a-pekelne-vedro

Looking at those photo it seems like Dexter is in 2000-2005 form again and that Noodles is starting to look like Keith Richards...look at his face!

RonWelty
08-18-2011, 05:59 AM

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|765l32|3868213320|2011-08-16-offspring-prague-mrscully.rar|143088|R~1DEB34CF1B79DA7940D406FD5415 F6D3

AMazing!!!!!

Llamas
08-18-2011, 06:22 AM
I didn´t want to write here, but I have to. The truth about this so called war is, that the problem, the real problem is about the number of Hungarians, who are allowed to meet the band. In Terchová 2009, three Slovaks were allowed in, with a bunch of Hungarians. We were there, because we knew, the band would be accomodated at Montana. In Prague, I don´t know how many Czechs or Slovaks made it in, but sure there were lot of lucky foreigners. I´m glad, they are The Offspring fans, so what. But we think, we are at home here and it´s not quite fair. You can call me nationalist, but this is the core of the problem, not that dexterone didn´t meet the band. Btw. not everybody knows where could the backstage entrance be.
In the end, the show was amazing, and I liked to meet my friends from boards and Tijs, Szandi and Potomek.

I totally knew there was some anti-Hungarian sentiment going on here. I know all about the hate Slovaks often have for their neighbor to the South, and I always see Slovaks on here bitching about Oxy... never anyone from another nationality. "The number of Hungarians who are allowed to meet the band"... ever think that maybe Oxy is just better friends with more Hungarians because, um, he's Hungarian himself?

"We are at home and it's not quite fair." So because your country happens to have been formerly united with the country the Offspring played in, you should be entitled to meet the band without any effort on your part?

"Btw not everybody knows where the backstage entrance is"... okay, so you have options. 1) Ask Oxy before the concert on the bbs where you should meet him if you wanna meet the band, 2) Ask a security person or just random people until you find a good answer, "where's the backstage entrance?" 3) Call Oxy. If you wanted to meet the band so badly, you should've gotten his number before the show.

This is really pathetic, you guys. You have no grounds to be mad at Oxy. You are just bitter and jealous that you haven't met the band. But what exactly did YOU do to try to meet them?

danitanev
08-18-2011, 06:25 AM
The November Song Rocks! Thanks

dexterone
08-18-2011, 07:17 AM
I totally knew there was some anti-Hungarian sentiment going on here. I know all about the hate Slovaks often have for their neighbor to the South, and I always see Slovaks on here bitching about Oxy... never anyone from another nationality. "The number of Hungarians who are allowed to meet the band"... ever think that maybe Oxy is just better friends with more Hungarians because, um, he's Hungarian himself?

"We are at home and it's not quite fair." So because your country happens to have been formerly united with the country the Offspring played in, you should be entitled to meet the band without any effort on your part?

"Btw not everybody knows where the backstage entrance is"... okay, so you have options. 1) Ask Oxy before the concert on the bbs where you should meet him if you wanna meet the band, 2) Ask a security person or just random people until you find a good answer, "where's the backstage entrance?" 3) Call Oxy. If you wanted to meet the band so badly, you should've gotten his number before the show.

This is really pathetic, you guys. You have no grounds to be mad at Oxy. You are just bitter and jealous that you haven't met the band. But what exactly did YOU do to try to meet them?

lol you're acting like a judge here...who the hell are you to call someone a nationalist....you don't know anyone you're writing to,you've got totally no idea about our personalities and you're saying,who's the bad face on these boards and who's your lovely soulmate....oxy here,oxy there...do you know him ? have you ever met him ? or are you just the same bum-sucker,who just needs to agree with him and suck up...You're not our teacher,so you're not here to decide who's right...You weren't there so just do shut up
you said : ''Oxy is just better friend with Hungarians'' - this doesn't sound nationalistic to you at all ? jesus christ,wake up...
just make this conversation stop please,three guys wrote their opinion about him and we're not gonna change it,so you gotta accept it and I don't even know,why I'm responding to someone who even wasn't there and doesn't know anyone of us...

Beheaded
08-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Shit is fucked up.:rolleyes:

Llamas
08-18-2011, 07:55 AM
lol you're acting like a judge here...who the hell are you to call someone a nationalist....you don't know anyone you're writing to,you've got totally no idea about our personalities and you're saying,who's the bad face on these boards and who's your lovely soulmate....oxy here,oxy there...do you know him ? have you ever met him ? or are you just the same bum-sucker,who just needs to agree with him and suck up...You're not our teacher,so you're not here to decide who's right...You weren't there so just do shut up

Man, do you ever have anger issues. I used to talk with Oxy a lot and we used to talk about me visiting in Hungary. I'm not really interested in meeting the Offspring and haven't seen them on tour since Splinter, so I'm pretty damn sure I'm not a "bum-sucker" who needs to suck up, cause I'm not sure what I'd be sucking up for. Oxy's generally a nice guy who doesn't come into threads and spew anger all over the place at people he's bitter at. So yeah, I'm sticking up for him because he's being attacked publicly in a thread by people who should be mature enough to contact him privately with their petty issues.

you said : ''Oxy is just better friend with Hungarians'' - this doesn't sound nationalistic to you at all ? jesus christ,wake up...
wtf, that's the stupidest thing you've said in this thread. Generally speaking, people have closer friends in the countries they're from. I'm sure you have more Slovak friends than, say, American or Hungarian friends. You don't really get what nationalism is.

just make this conversation stop please,three guys wrote their opinion about him and we're not gonna change it,so you gotta accept it
You do realize that nobody would be talking to you about this at all had you not decided to publicly attack Oxy in the thread, rather than contacting him in private, right? You could've avoided all this very simply.

Lord_Gabo
08-18-2011, 08:02 AM

thanks for the high quality |!|

samseby
08-18-2011, 08:13 AM
Someone call the 'Blue Helmets' ...

dexterone
08-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Man, do you ever have anger issues. I used to talk with Oxy a lot and we used to talk about me visiting in Hungary. I'm not really interested in meeting the Offspring and haven't seen them on tour since Splinter, so I'm pretty damn sure I'm not a "bum-sucker" who needs to suck up, cause I'm not sure what I'd be sucking up for. Oxy's generally a nice guy who doesn't come into threads and spew anger all over the place at people he's bitter at. So yeah, I'm sticking up for him because he's being attacked publicly in a thread by people who should be mature enough to contact him privately with their petty issues.

wtf, that's the stupidest thing you've said in this thread. Generally speaking, people have closer friends in the countries they're from. I'm sure you have more Slovak friends than, say, American or Hungarian friends. You don't really get what nationalism is.

You do realize that nobody would be talking to you about this at all had you not decided to publicly attack Oxy in the thread, rather than contacting him in private, right? You could've avoided all this very simply.

oh my god....wow :D you don't even know what I've been writing about...I've never written that he can't have more Hungarian friends but that he always prefers Hungarians when there's some possibility for meet'n'greet...so next time,please read the message more times when you don't get it and don't write your clueless posts...
and again,I'm not alone who's got this opinion,so I'm really sorry...why I didn't write him a PM ? and why ? my aim has been to write here that even though he's got an opportunity to organize this kind of stuff and he is able to help to other people around here,he didn't do that...and when more people see it,it's better and now I can see that more people share this opinion and since you weren't there,you can't have an opinion about this...
''Oxy's generally a nice guy who doesn't come into threads and spew anger all over the place at people he's bitter at.'' - now this is a good reason to stick up for him...that makes him a great person...
and as Drafan wrote,the reason that they had met the band in Terchova was that they knew their hotel and most of the guys met some members in front of the hotel or in the bar...but okay,this was my very last message concerning this problem...

dexterone
08-18-2011, 08:22 AM

thank you :) the quality is awesome !

Beheaded
08-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Oh please, shut the fuck up.

It's the first thread about the first concert of the new tour and I guess there's much more interesting stuff to talk about.

Annoying.

chriiis
08-18-2011, 08:27 AM

Thanks for sharing. It was recorded with a handy recorder or is a compilation of youtube rips?.

Llamas
08-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Heh, one of my former students from Czech was at the show and caught one of Noodles' picks - I guess she was right up front. Her pics made me suuuuuper jealous.

They threw out guitar picks...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/300355_1752164938767_1678215485_1308122_7476196_n. jpg

Tijs
08-18-2011, 08:41 AM
^ oh that one looks nice!

AWESOME! Thanks so much :D

dff_punk
08-18-2011, 09:15 AM
So, I read all the stuff written here, and you know what? I don't care that I didn't get to meet the band, because the show was simply awesome, Dexter's voice was in the best shape ever, and until this moment I am humming You Will Find A Way(or November Song, who cares), when seen live, it's a really strong song.

I read here that the meeting was happening during the opening acts, obviously I was watching those so I was not wandering around whether there's something happening in the backstage. I lost my chance again, hehe. But the feeling after the concert is so good that it really doesn't matter to me that now I don't have a facebook profile pic with Dexter :D Everything was awesome, all the people I've met and the Offspring before-party with my guitar in the park had balls too.

Just chill, people, that's my opinion. In conclusion, now I'm sad I didn't meet Oxy, I was in better shape than last time ;)

Little_Miss_1565
08-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks DFF! It's nice to hear some positivity in this thread. :) I'm really glad you had a great time.

Llamas
08-18-2011, 09:24 AM
So, I read all the stuff written here, and you know what? I don't care that I didn't get to meet the band, because the show was simply awesome, Dexter's voice was in the best shape ever, and until this moment I am humming You Will Find A Way(or November Song, who cares), when seen live, it's a really strong song.

I read here that the meeting was happening during the opening acts, obviously I was watching those so I was not wandering around whether there's something happening in the backstage. I lost my chance again, hehe. But the feeling after the concert is so good that it really doesn't matter to me that now I don't have a facebook profile pic with Dexter :D Everything was awesome, all the people I've met and the Offspring before-party with my guitar in the park had balls too.

Just chill, people, that's my opinion. In conclusion, now I'm sad I didn't meet Oxy, I was in better shape than last time

See, dff is awesome! I wish I could "like" this post 10x. Glad you had a great time!

I shouldn't post too many of these cause they're not mine (but I'm sure she wouldn't mind), but there's a lack of pics here, so I thought I'd share some cause my student got some really nice shots:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262513_1752148098346_1678215485_1308057_3351418_n. jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/296440_1752150498406_1678215485_1308073_458364_n.j pg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/298367_1752152298451_1678215485_1308079_4445474_n. jpg

Noodles is so cool, haha. I still love his style.

Dana
08-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks for sharing. It was recorded with a handy recorder or is a compilation of youtube rips?.

With a handy recorder. It's not my recording, I just found it and shared :cool:

Krojd
08-18-2011, 10:34 AM

With Edirol R-09HR to be more specific, recorded and uploaded by one guy from czech forum, he's not here but all the credit goes to him.

Harleyquiiinn
08-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Pics are great, can't wait to listen to the new song (I can't right now) and can't wait to see the concert ! a little more than 10 days :)

I'm also looking forward to meet some of you. Bri, I suggest, since you're jealous of this guitar pick, that you come to the concert on the 31st in your faaavorite country in the world :D No strikes this time.

About the fight, I understand how you could be frustrated but really, sometime, it's just a matter of circumstances. Maybe that will be for another time but I really think Oxy is generally trying to help people meet the band as I understood back in 2008 so yeah, that sounds kind of unfair.

Dana
08-18-2011, 10:58 AM
With Edirol R-09HR to be more specific, recorded and uploaded by one guy from czech forum, he's not here but all the credit goes to him.

Yeah, thanks for specification.

nico33
08-18-2011, 11:12 AM

thank you!!! good quality...I like new you will find the way... :cool:

Tijs
08-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks for sharing. It was recorded with a handy recorder or is a compilation of youtube rips?.Checked the info.txt file hm?

Lineage: Master taped by Mr.Scully (www.QueenConcerts.com) -> Sony ECM-719 -> SP-SPSB-8 (bass roll off set to 69 Hz) -> Edirol R-09 HR (line-in) 16 bit / 44.1 kHz -> Goldwave (EQ) -> CD Wave (tracks splitting) -> XRECODE [MP3].

~|Vredina|~
08-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Guys, enough of this. :(
Stop blaming Oxygene for your failures that you could not meet with the band.
It seems that you do not understand one thing: he is not obligated to help!
And that's why you're bursting with envy.
I'm sure he's been working hard to get this friendship with the band, and it's his right to invite to meet&greet whomever he wants.
Instead of complaining here now you should have done something by yourself in order to meet the band members.

Thanks everyone for pictures and videos :)

http://i041.radikal.ru/1108/b4/d469a5a3493a.jpg

http://s51.radikal.ru/i133/1108/14/c814b1faee5a.jpg

Drafan
08-18-2011, 01:02 PM
I´m not at war with anyone, I just wrote whot others were afraid to write. I´m not asking, and I will never be asking a favor from Oxygene, never. There are ather people who have a right to meet The Offspring more than me.

dff_punk
08-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Tijs, do you have any photos or videos from our park session? :)

Tijs
08-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah I have some, sure you wanna hear us sing? ;p I'll try to get them online soon!

slagod
08-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Dexter fucked up lyrics in the second verse of Gotta Get Away - and sang the first one second time, lol :P

Gustavo
08-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Guys, check out 84 pictures from this show at theoffspringsite.com :)

http://www.theoffspringsite.com/tos/gallery/Live/2011/2011.08.11_-_Prague_-_Czech_Republic_-_Prumyslovy_Palac/

cool 2 hate 681
08-18-2011, 02:32 PM

thank you very much:)

hshduppsnt
08-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Wasn't the concert itself the reason we all came down there? Why focus all the energy on something you didn't get, instead of the great show we've all witnessed. Because the concert was truly awesome (and hot).

because that is sadly asking too much logic and reason from people that like to spend time on this board.

Anyway to stay on topic! You mentioned Dexter's voice sounding really good. I noticed the same thing the last time through the US after RafRag - he either has re-trained it or that time off helped or I don't know what but I agree he has been sounding a whole lot better (at least was... good to hear he still is).

I'm still surprised by some of the songs they played, fun to see it mixed up. For people complaining songs were missing, don't! We've all heard gone away piano, etc. If you want variety then you have to accept that a few personal favorites might disappear!

Now to see if new song #2 gets played anywhere...

(also liked the changes to november song or whatever its called).

EDIT: of course if this trend remains true the next time they're in LA I'm going to have to make sure to go to every show near by to hear different songs haha. (not that I don't generally already do this to all the california shows anyway but still now I have a better excuse)

dff_punk
08-18-2011, 02:43 PM
His voice was marvelous. What surprised me the most was how he pulled off the chorus of All I Want, it was totally flawless.

Tijs, I just want to see it, it doesn't matter how awful the singing was :D

dexterone
08-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah I have some, sure you wanna hear us sing? ;p I'll try to get them online soon!

well,I'd have a better solution :D you could upload them somewhere and then send a link to us...as a PM message :D because I don't really wanna hear myself :D

the_real_potomek
08-18-2011, 04:59 PM
hehe, I hope no one managed to record me singing:p I tried to shut up every time I thought it's possible that someone is recording...:o

dff_punk
08-18-2011, 05:43 PM
I have one quite good video from Dexterka... I'm thinking about releasing it :D

chriiis
08-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Checked the info.txt file hm?

Lineage: Master taped by Mr.Scully (www.QueenConcerts.com) -> Sony ECM-719 -> SP-SPSB-8 (bass roll off set to 69 Hz) -> Edirol R-09 HR (line-in) 16 bit / 44.1 kHz -> Goldwave (EQ) -> CD Wave (tracks splitting) -> XRECODE [MP3].

I did the question before download the file, sadly the guy doesn't shared the lossless recording.

dexter85
08-19-2011, 03:30 AM
just one song from Ixnay???? WTF :mad:

Yeah, it sucks. Basically I'm happy with the setlist though. I would like more of the old songs, but I know that's not realistic. And I'm positively surprised that they played Gotta Get Away, Americana, Have You Ever, Staring at the Sun and Bad Habit.

I'd just wish that they'd play more from Ixnay and cut some of the songs from RAFRAG. And then of course they should play the original version of Gone Away which is one of my absolute favourites. It's sad to see that it's out of the list.

One thing that keeps me wonder is why a band - any band - wouldn't wanna play at least ONE song from each album to represent a specific time in its existence. I know it's impossible when you've released like 25 albums, but in Offspring's case they would really please a lot of fans if they at least played one song from self-titled and Ignition. Who in this forum wouldn't favour Dirty Magic over Kristy....?

RonWelty
08-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Who in this forum wouldn't favour Dirty Magic over Kristy....?

Yes! Most people outside Offspring fanbase doesn't know Kristy at all! That's a win-win situation as Dirty Magic is a better song than Kristy!

dexterone
08-19-2011, 06:53 AM
yeah it would be great to see Dirty Magic,but I would prefer it instead of Why don't you get a job...I think that Kristy is much better than Get a job,but maybe because Get a job is a much older song and it was a lot of times on TV and you know...I think it's the same as Pretty Fly...we have to accept it,but we'd rather see something like Dirty Magic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0fAHO86fCQ Bad habit in a great quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZL43c9AeE4 You're gonna go far,kid
but,I assume that you've already seen it :D we could make a DVD from this concert because there are a lotta great high-quality videos

Castormut
08-19-2011, 08:21 AM
can you please post it?

I saw it on a facebook profile..

cool 2 hate 681
08-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I saw it on a facebook profile..

ok i saw it too:cool:

i still think they should have called the song you will find a way imo

Tijs
08-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Setlist:

http://i54.tinypic.com/1556ud0.jpg

samseby
08-20-2011, 04:06 AM
Yeah Dexter nailed all the songs with his voice. Lyrically not so much, he did some lyrics wrong on Gotta Get Away and Have You Ever. [...]

Artistic license :D

Since the set list does change - me is still hoping for Not the one (in Cologne or elsewhere) :p

dexter85
08-20-2011, 05:36 AM
Setlist:

http://i54.tinypic.com/1556ud0.jpg

So they DID play Gone Away? Because it wasn't on the setlist posted on setlist.fm?

Do you know if it was the piano-version or the original?

Dana
08-20-2011, 05:58 AM
So they DID play Gone Away? Because it wasn't on the setlist posted on setlist.fm?

Do you know if it was the piano-version or the original?

They didn't. Unfortunately, Gone away was skipped.

dammit
08-20-2011, 08:44 AM
They didn't. Unfortunately, Gone away was skipped.

And if they played, it would be the piano version. They had there a piano but it was packed before the set.

Tijs
08-20-2011, 09:13 AM
There was a piano? I didn't see one. But then again, I didn't pay too much attention looking for one.

dammit
08-20-2011, 09:33 AM
There was a piano? I didn't see one. But then again, I didn't pay too much attention looking for one.

It was on the right on stage, next to the lighting. It should be on some photos when the lights were turned on.

Oxygene
08-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Um... if anyone thinks that which lowlife eastern european balkanized fucked up group of gangsters issue your travel documents is ACTUALLY a factor at all, you are truly beyond saving.

This is absolutely fucking ridiculous...

First of all: imagine how FUCKING stupid (and racist for fucks sake!!) this makes you look in the eyes of anyone, who actually KNOWS all the different people I take backstage...

Also you should feel lucky and honored that the Offspring play your country and you don't have to struggle with a 12 hour bus ride on a weekday, and work at 9am the following day.

At a show in Zagreb a few years ago, there were a bunch of locals, almost none of which got to meet the band.. very few people did. I didn't really either.. there was this one chick who flew out from Japan to see the band in a small venue. She received the most interaction by getting one of the last bottles of gringo the guys had on tour with them. I thought it was totally cool that she got it, not me, or my friends, or not some local guy...

This is a total clusterfuck, and you guys seriously need to get your heads checked... and to DFF... thanks for reminding me, why I wanted to help you in the first place... twill not be forgotten.

RonWelty
08-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Um... if anyone thinks that which lowlife eastern european balkanized fucked up group of gangsters issue your travel documents is ACTUALLY a factor at all, you are truly beyond saving.

This is absolutely fucking ridiculous...

First of all: imagine how FUCKING stupid (and racist for fucks sake!!) this makes you look in the eyes of anyone, who actually KNOWS all the different people I take backstage...

Also you should feel lucky and honored that the Offspring play your country and you don't have to struggle with a 12 hour bus ride on a weekday, and work at 9am the following day.

At a show in Zagreb a few years ago, there were a bunch of locals, almost none of which got to meet the band.. very few people did. I didn't really either.. there was this one chick who flew out from Japan to see the band in a small venue. She received the most interaction by getting one of the last bottles of gringo the guys had on tour with them. I thought it was totally cool that she got it, not me, or my friends, or not some local guy...

This is a total clusterfuck, and you guys seriously need to get your heads checked... and to DFF... thanks for reminding me, why I wanted to help you in the first place... twill not be forgotten.

Calm down. You're above this.

bouncingcoles
08-22-2011, 09:50 PM
the fact you guys are still arguing about this is just sad.

offsrx
08-28-2011, 05:50 AM
I've never been on Offspring show, and next week it will be for my 1st time after 11 years of agony in waiting to see them live, and - IT'S GONNA BE THE BEST FUCKING DAY IN MY LIFE! The fact that I maybe not meet them - it's just relative. Sure, I'd be the most happy guy in the world, but if I don't meet them - WHO CARES I'VE SEEN THEM LIVE! And that's what everyone should be happy for. Meeting them is just a bonus (great bonus) ;) But If it doesn't happened - relax, It will be more opportunities.
So everyone who's angry for not meeting them - I think you should stop being angry, and be satisfied for seeing them because - not everyone has been @ their show

JANNY
08-29-2011, 06:42 AM

I am proud of you,,bro ;)

That´s right !!!

:DDDDDDDDD jaký to je KOKOT :DDDDDD,,,listen up !!!,,,Oxygene,are you out of your fucking mind ? We were standing like 2 metres from you by that hotel in Terchova,it's obvious that you had to see us and you obviously knew that it was us and you were acting like a world master,so don't lie and don't say your fucked up tales...but yeah you are so innocent...funny :DDDDDDD

Oxygene
08-29-2011, 07:13 AM
:DDDDDDDDD jaký to je KOKOT :DDDDDD,,,listen up !!!,,,Oxygene,are you out of your fucking mind ? We were standing like 2 metres from you by that hotel in Terchova,it's obvious that you had to see us and you obviously knew that it was us and you were acting like a world master,so don't lie and don't say your fucked up tales...but yeah you are so innocent...funny :DDDDDDD

Um.... what the fuck was that even a response to? Were you even there in Prague this time around? Sorry to disappoint but just like Dexterone I have no idea who the fuck you are. And from the looks of things I am not missing much either.. can't you just let this shit go? You guys have made a big enough ass out of yourselves already, have you not?

Szandi
08-29-2011, 07:26 AM
I am proud of you,,bro ;)

That´s right !!!

You know...Oxygene feels like a God.

JANNY
08-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Um.... what the fuck was that even a response to? Were you even there in Prague this time around? Sorry to disappoint but just like Dexterone I have no idea who the fuck you are. And from the looks of things I am not missing much either.. can't you just let this shit go? You guys have made a big enough ass out of yourselves already, have you not?

right now,,,it's not at all important who I am,,,and yeah I was there and also I was in Terchova,,,Do you wanna say that even if you had known that I was gonna be In Prague,you would've done something for me ? don't mess with me....,,well,okay let's say that everything was a coincidence and anything with the meeting wasn't arranged....because it's rather useless to read here these primitive responses !!! ;)

Oxygene
08-29-2011, 08:35 AM
right now,,,it's not at all important who I am,,,and yeah I was there and also I was in Terchova,,,Do you wanna say that even if you had known that I was gonna be In Prague,you would've done something for me ? don't mess with me....,,well,okay let's say that everything was a coincidence and anything with the meeting wasn't arranged....because it's rather useless to read here these primitive responses !!! ;)

Hey don't blame yourself for how bad your English is.. it's the fault of your educational system :)

Actually I was gonna say, you weren't even there so ... fan forever huh? :D

Szandi
08-29-2011, 08:54 AM

Oxy had more tickets in Prague.And He told me: You can't go in the backstage because 9 people can go inside and you are the 10. hahaha I don't believe this.
and after the show, I was going in the backstage entrance, maybe I can go inside without Oxy. I met them and Tijs gave me a backstage ticket and after Oxy gave me another backstage ticket. And He said: You are fucking lucky that you were in the entrance. Oxy didn't want that we can go to the backstage, 'cause He didn't give us the tickets before the show.
Ohhh yeah Oxy you are the Offspring's friend, and you can decide who can go inside.

Krojd
08-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Meh... dont fight all over and over again, guys.

Oxygene
08-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Oxy had more tickets in Prague.And He told me: You can't go in the backstage because 9 people can go inside and you are the 10. hahaha I don't believe this.
and after the show, I was going in the backstage entrance, maybe I can go inside without Oxy. I met them and Tijs gave me a backstage ticket and after Oxy gave me another backstage ticket. And He said: You are fucking lucky that you were in the entrance. Oxy didn't want that we can go to the backstage, 'cause He didn't give us the tickets before the show.
Ohhh yeah Oxy you are the Offspring's friend, and you can decide who can go inside.

I don't think I am the Offspring's friend really, but that's a separate issue.. yes I had to tell you that you couldn't come in, because there weren't enough spaces, but some opened up, and you were there and we had 2 free slots, so you and that ukranian kid could come in.

It was THAT fucking simple.

Szandi
09-02-2011, 07:47 AM
I don't think I am the Offspring's friend really, but that's a separate issue.. yes I had to tell you that you couldn't come in, because there weren't enough spaces, but some opened up, and you were there and we had 2 free slots, so you and that ukranian kid could come in.

It was THAT fucking simple.

He was inside, He didn't have a backstage ticket, so don't lie!

Harleyquiiinn
09-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Ok seriously people, the way I see it from what I read, obviously, you don't know Oxy and he doesn't seem to know you either. WHY would he deliberately try to exclude you ? That doesn't make any sense !

The fact, if he did it anyway cause I wasn't there, that he'd rather give a ticket to his girlfriend or people he knows before people he doesn't know at all is, in my opinion, completely normal and I suppose that you would have done exactly the same. After that, he gave tickets to people who were there. Normal too.

Try to take a step back and analyze the situation because from what I read, nothing unfair happened. You are just incredibly frustrated that you didn't get to see the band, which is a normal fan feeling but you shouldn't take it on Oxygene

dff_punk
09-02-2011, 08:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3DlIrvoHg

;)

Oxygene
09-02-2011, 08:44 AM
He was inside, He didn't have a backstage ticket, so don't lie!

It's not about the number of passes.. we didn't all have passes I don't think. They don't check accreditation there.. it's number of people.. we were supposed to be 9, but 2 people had to go, two slots opened up, you and the Ukranian kid...simple arithmetic

slagod
09-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Guys, guys... it is not a huge problem to come on backstage, really - trust me.
All you should do is to wait in the place where you made an appointment with the arranger and be patient -
believe that it will occur the opportunity to come in and see the band :)

JANNY
09-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Hey don't blame yourself for how bad your English is.. it's the fault of your educational system :)

Actually I was gonna say, you weren't even there so ... fan forever huh? :D

Yeah of course,,,My english is bad,,,but it's not important ;)

In my opinion every member from this forum should meet the band,,,,mainly faithful fans,,,;)

BigFish
09-07-2011, 09:02 PM
In my opinion every member from this forum should meet the band,,,,mainly faithful fans,,,;)

Quite possibly the best thing I've ever read on this forum.

Harleyquiiinn
09-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Yeah of course,,,My english is bad,,,but it's not important ;)

And in my opinion, I should have ten weeks of vacation instead of five and 10 million euros...

But I guess that's not gonna happen :D