PDA

View Full Version : Another DVD

Lenny
08-16-2011, 12:58 AM
The title says it all, The Offspring should make another DVD.
Thoughts?

Lupin
08-16-2011, 01:35 AM
A full live DVD would be nice ala Bad Religion or Live @ Slaine by RHCP.

Jojan
08-16-2011, 04:09 AM
Live shows in combination with a documentary would be fun to see.

Beheaded
08-16-2011, 04:18 AM
I would like something like Foo Fighters "Back and forth". A real and honest documentary of the bio with interviews of old members. And a live concert.

That would be really awesome!

Chainsaw
08-16-2011, 06:21 AM
I would like something like Foo Fighters "Back and forth". A real and honest documentary of the bio with interviews of old members. And a live concert.

That would be really awesome!

It doesn't seem like they would have anything really interesting to add to the stuff they've already explained to death in interviews. They're just not a band with a very colourful past, pretty typical stuff. But a good quality full live show would be awesome.

Beheaded
08-16-2011, 06:42 AM
It doesn't seem like they would have anything really interesting to add to the stuff they've already explained to death in interviews.
I don't think so. For instance the last podcast (Kobiyashsi or whatever), they told about the recording of Ignition, nobody ever heard anything about that before. Or the whole bunch of Demos they recorded on tape, like the 1986 Demo. The history behind this tape is so fucking interesting.

They could talk with Ron Welty, Jason Lilja, Higgins and stuff. Say something about Epitaph, Napster, Nitro, Guns n Roses, Gringo Bandito and so on. Maybe some more of the sparetime-activities like the marathon or the latest Taco contest. The recording of the new album.

Yes, some of that shit was cleared in interviews, but a summary of all facts with the real persons (like Ron Welty) would be perfect. In an interview, you only hear one side of the story.

My opionion.;)

MAXTER
08-16-2011, 07:13 AM
I don't think so. For instance the last podcast (Kobiyashsi or whatever), they told about the recording of Ignition, nobody ever heard anything about that before. Or the whole bunch of Demos they recorded on tape, like the 1986 Demo. The history behind this tape is so fucking interesting.

The could talk with Ron Welty, Jason Lilja, Higgins and stuff. Say something about Epitaph, Napster, Nitro, Guns n Roses, Gringo Bandito and so on. Maybe some more of the sparetime-activities like the marathon or the latest Taco contest. The recording of the new album.

Yes, some of that shit was cleared in interviews, but a summary of all facts with the real persons (like Ron Welty) would be perfect. In an interview, you only hear one side of the story.

My opionion.;)

I quote Beheaded :)

RGR22
08-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Live shows in combination with a documentary would be fun to see.

THAT and something like the Americana video

BigFish
08-16-2011, 02:26 PM
I've actually been trying to work on a plan to see if I could possibly work with the band on making a legit documentary about them. I've got the film background/education now all I need is to get in contact with some people and maybe get a little bit of funding.

Dirty Magic
08-18-2011, 07:05 AM
Maybe I'm the only one, but I've always thought it would be really cool if they released a book.