PDA

View Full Version : pretty poll

Dexter_italy
08-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Hey guys, I just want to know this, would you mind if in pretty fly was cancelled from the setlist...you know for example Muse decided to play no more songs from Origin if symmetry.... like "yes we are that band but 10 years have passed".... I don't wanna say that they have to do this but if you think about it there are some songs which they play since 94\98 at every show...so...just vote:D it's nothing really serious, I'm just bored..

Tijs
08-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Yes, I would mind. Pretty Fly has to be played at every show. WDYGAJ not so much, but I'd like to see it rotating.
Pretty Fly is an energy bomb for the crowd, I love that.

dexterone
08-20-2011, 08:22 AM
I'd suggest that at festivals they definitely should be playing it...a lotta people don't go there just because of the Offspring...for instance,at Rock am Ring there's a huge amount of top bands and therefore a majority doesn't have to know anything but Pretty Fly and Get a Job....
but in clubs and smaller gigs when it's organized just for them it would be nice to skip it and play something different...

Dexter_italy
08-20-2011, 08:29 AM
I didn't mean it has to be cancelled forever, just sometimes it would be cool for them too to leave it outside the setlist... but even come out and play, self esteem (wich is left out only in japan)... the kids, all I want... obviusly changed with cool and rare songs.. like dirty magic, kick him when he's down, lightning rod, beheaded, change the world, pay the man....it's plenty of songs wich can be played maybe not at festivals but at own shows...

danitanev
08-20-2011, 11:23 AM
It's interesting pole that you've put in here - I admit! Both Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) and Why Don't You Get A Job are great songs - but sometimes is nice to put in something new. But a show without Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) is hard for me to imagine!

bouncingcoles
08-20-2011, 11:26 AM
I saw them at warped tour and they didnt play either of those songs and it was great.

KTILLA23
08-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Pretty Fly is a good song but i would rather have something they don't play that often over Pretty Fly. WDYGAJ is one of my favorite songs by them but it would be cool to change it up once in awhile.

sneedo83
08-20-2011, 10:53 PM
I logged in just to say get them or at least WDYGAJ off of the setlist.

Little_Miss_1565
08-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Keeping it posi per usual, eh Sneedo?

I wouldn't mind seeing the band vary their setlists more, but I feel like if they were going to, they would have done it by now. You know?

randman21
08-21-2011, 03:49 AM
Yes, I would mind. Pretty Fly has to be played at every show. WDYGAJ not so much, but I'd like to see it rotating.
Pretty Fly is an energy bomb for the crowd, I love that.
Yep.

I think Pretty Fly is the one song that every single person at a show is gonna know. I've been to concerts of bands where I only knew one of their songs and when they didn't play it, I left somewhat disaapointed. If all it takes is one song to satisfy an entire audience, I believe it's worth it. Plus I really love that song.

dav0147
08-21-2011, 04:04 AM
Pretty fly should be at every one, its there biggest hit and is a really good festival song. Personally id do away with Why dont you get a job, but i really hate that song.

Dexter_italy
08-21-2011, 09:32 AM
I understand the "everybody knows that song" point of view, that's why I said sometimes, I'm sure that there are shows where there is nobody knowing just one song... And again... the point is not only for pretty fly, it is just the mayor example, the 90% of the setlist is the same so there's a really big way of change over 22 songs...

skoko
08-22-2011, 04:22 AM
Pretty fly should be at every one, its there biggest hit and is a really good festival song. Personally id do away with Why dont you get a job, but i really hate that song.

look at the live recordings from lowland. both songs rocks on a festival.