PDA

View Full Version : Missed Pukkelpop? Go to Paris for free!

Tijs
08-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Just read this now:

http://www.pukkelpop.be/nl/blog/gratis-offspring-tickets-aan-festivalbezoekers-pukkelpop-2011

Dear 2011 Pukkelpop Ticket Holder,

The Offspring have made available a large but limited number of FREE tickets just for 2011 Pukkelpop attendees to see to one of the band's two upcoming shows at Zenith in Paris, France (Wednesday, August 31 and Thursday, September 1).

Request your free pair of tickets now via this link:
http://www.offspring.com/aek8rt

Requests must be received by 18h00 (CET) Sunday, August 28.

IF CONFIRMED, you must show either one Pukkelpop bracelet (combi holders) or one voucher (day ticket holders) at the box office in Paris. No exceptions.

Request only once, duplicate requests will be voided.

Important! Please DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THE LINK or you will increase the risk of non-Pukkelpop goers obtaining these tickets. This offer is for 2011 Pukkelpop ticket holders only.

We hope you can make the show!

The Offspring & Pukkelpop

Hope some of you can make it!

the_real_potomek
08-27-2011, 06:57 AM
Wow, that's pretty cool:)

arnold161
08-27-2011, 08:00 AM
really nice from the band:)

RonWelty
08-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Nice gesture of them.
But that could also mean that ticket sales are kind of weak.

arnold161
08-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Nice gesture of them.

Maybe...but on http://www.avosbillets.com/ the band is listed in "top sales"..but it can also be because of 5 shows..

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
08-27-2011, 10:42 AM
I've requested my ticket! I really hope I can be a part of it :) I was really looking forward to see the band at Pukkelpop...
I'm wondering, the message says "request your pair of tickets", so per ticket, you can get 2 people in?

Tijs
08-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Seems like you can order two indeed. Why not try? :)

offspringfan01
08-28-2011, 05:10 AM
I also requested tickets for this show(also had a pukkelpop ticket) by clicking the link in my e-mail. But after that I wasn't able to fill in my name, country and date choice because the website didn't appear properly. I did receive a confirmation e-mail after that but I didn't fill in my name and date choice etc. I really hope I can go to this show somehow!

Tijs
08-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Try again with a different browser maybe?

offspringfan01
08-28-2011, 06:54 AM
After that I clicked the link again, and then filled in my name and stuff.
I also got another confirmation e-mail after that but that was the second time, so I hope they didn't delete that one because you're not allowed to request twice. Oh well I just have to wait for that email by monday evening and see what it says..:)

Little_Miss_1565
08-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Nice gesture of them.

My understanding is that they found a way to make a little extra room for the fans that missed out on Pukkelpop, which I think is really cool of them. Don't be so negative. :)

But TIJS, you distributed the link!! :mad::mad::mad:

RonWelty
08-29-2011, 11:50 AM
My understanding is that they found a way to make a little extra room for the fans that missed out on Pukkelpop, which I think is really cool of them. Don't be so negative. :)

But TIJS, you distributed the link!! :mad::mad::mad:

I don't understand why do you say I am being negative... My first sentence is all about prasing the band for this gesture.

offspringfan01
08-29-2011, 12:41 PM
So I just got this e-mail:

''Hello Pukkelpop Festival Goer,We are sorry but you were not among the earliest respondents to The Offspring's Pukkelpop offer for ticket's to the band's shows in Paris this week. *Thank you for responding to the offer, we wish it were possible to accommodate everyone.

The Offspring are looking forward to returning to Belgium soon and hope to see you all at a future show.''

That really sucks 'cause now I won't see them live anymore this year :(
But it was still very nice of them that they did this, I just wasn't quick enough.

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
08-30-2011, 01:15 AM
So I just got this e-mail:

''Hello Pukkelpop Festival Goer,We are sorry but you were not among the earliest respondents to The Offspring's Pukkelpop offer for ticket's to the band's shows in Paris this week. *Thank you for responding to the offer, we wish it were possible to accommodate everyone.

The Offspring are looking forward to returning to Belgium soon and hope to see you all at a future show.''

But it was still very nice of them that they did this, I just wasn't quick enough.

Same here, man. This sucks... But the next time they're in Belgium or The Netherlands, the new album will be out and we'll have more songs to enjoy :)

randman21
08-30-2011, 01:53 AM
I find it curious that Pukkelpop people aren't able to get tickets...because there seem to be more that came out of nowhere. Earlier this month, I went to buy a ticket for the Sept 1 show, and only Categorie 1 was available. Then I checked again yesterday and both Categories were there. :confused:

Beheaded
08-30-2011, 01:58 AM
Does anybody know, how many people fit in Zenith?

Oxygene
08-30-2011, 02:28 AM

You've got a fuckload of shows within arms reach.. why wouldn't you just go to one?

RonWelty
08-30-2011, 02:42 AM
does anybody know, how many people fit in zenith?

6000-7000 ;)

offspringfan01
08-30-2011, 05:34 AM
Same here, man. This sucks... But the next time they're in Belgium or The Netherlands, the new album will be out and we'll have more songs to enjoy :)

That's so true! :)

offspringfan01
08-30-2011, 05:45 AM
You've got a fuckload of shows within arms reach.. why wouldn't you just go to one?

Trust me, If I could, I would definitely go to more shows!
But I don't have enough money to travel to all these places.
And the Lowlands festival in Holland was sold out before the acts were announced.. Otherwise I would also have bought tickets for this show.
That's why I decided to go to Pukkelpop..

Oxygene
08-31-2011, 12:52 AM
Trust me, If I could, I would definitely go to more shows!
But I don't have enough money to travel to all these places.
And the Lowlands festival in Holland was sold out before the acts were announced.. Otherwise I would also have bought tickets for this show.
That's why I decided to go to Pukkelpop..

Isn't like a train to cologne like 20 euros?

dexterone
08-31-2011, 01:53 AM
Isn't like a train to cologne like 20 euros?

My ''like a train'' to Prague was like 20 euros but if you're like not so dumb,you know that you like gotta get back what means like another 20 euros....and all of a sudden it's 40 euros...then like you gotta buy the ticket,in my case in Prague it was like 32 euros...so now it is 72 and when I don't wanna be like homeless there and wanna eat and drink something,in the end....like...hop...100 ....so don't blame her,not everyone is as rich as you....

Oxygene
08-31-2011, 05:55 AM
My ''like a train'' to Prague was like 20 euros but if you're like not so dumb,you know that you like gotta get back what means like another 20 euros....and all of a sudden it's 40 euros...then like you gotta buy the ticket,in my case in Prague it was like 32 euros...so now it is 72 and when I don't wanna be like homeless there and wanna eat and drink something,in the end....like...hop...100 ....so don't blame her,not everyone is as rich as you....

not only is not everyone as rich as me, you've just proven not everyone is as smart as me either :D
I present the following argument:

Offspring ticket cost: applies for any show
Food cost: applies for any show
Drink cost: applies for any show

The only additional cost is the difference between travelling to ie: lowlands or hasselt or paris and cologne.. so let's say she can go to lowlands for 20 euros, but it costs 40 to go to cologne..

The only difference is the 20 euros. So while your uneducated mind comes to the conclusion that it's a 100 EUROS and you need to be rich to afford that 100 EUROs. The truth is the cost difference between one of the 3 shows she was going to visit anyway (thus had the funds for) and let's say cologne is minimal.. that's why I asked why she didn't just go.

I am sure you don't understand.

I don't blame her at all, I was asking.. and I don't blame you either, it's never your fault :cool:

dexterone
08-31-2011, 06:53 AM
not only is not everyone as rich as me, you've just proven not everyone is as smart as me either :D
I present the following argument:

Offspring ticket cost: applies for any show
Food cost: applies for any show
Drink cost: applies for any show

The only additional cost is the difference between travelling to ie: lowlands or hasselt or paris and cologne.. so let's say she can go to lowlands for 20 euros, but it costs 40 to go to cologne..

The only difference is the 20 euros. So while your uneducated mind comes to the conclusion that it's a 100 EUROS and you need to be rich to afford that 100 EUROs. The truth is the cost difference between one of the 3 shows she was going to visit anyway (thus had the funds for) and let's say cologne is minimal.. that's why I asked why she didn't just go.

I am sure you don't understand.

I don't blame her at all, I was asking.. and I don't blame you either, it's never your fault :cool:

oh my...okay,for you it's only 20 euros and the difference's minimal but for someone (let's take her) it means that she'd have to spend another 20 euros for travelling to Germany and I doubt that the price of the tickets to Germany and Lowlands was the same..the next thing...accommodation..when you're at the festival,you can sleep for free in a tent,yet if you go to Germany you'll probably need some hotel if you don't wanna travel back at midnight and spend the whole day with your baggage in your hands...why didn't you count another 20-30 € ? man,it's fifty now...I just don't get that if she said that she had no money for travelling to the further places,why the hell you immediately have to count how much it is to Germany...and that since there's still a fuckload of shows,she's got to attend at least one...not everyone wanna travel to another country just because of the concert...
but since you know everything and as you're saying,not everyone is as smart as you,you're right...attaboy
P.S. I didn't want to write this message,but I wanted to stick up for her,'cause to be a fan doesn't mean that you have to see the band every year....I was waiting till 2009 until I've seen them for the first time...and I'm sure that they'll come back to the Netherlands or Czech Rep. or to us very soon,with almost the same setlist+new songs,so I don't see any reason to travel somewhere far away...
EDIT: By Prague I made an exception because I wanted to see some people from this forum and the band so much that I didn't care how much money I was gonna throw away...
oh,and your references to 'uneducated mind' and problem of the education (which you wrote to Janny) ...I don't take it seriously,probably your school time was really tough and not so long and you didn't have a chance to get to college and now you're having remorse :) but don't be sorry for yourself...I'm not gonna insult you...because it's too childish and stupid and you're not worth it :)

Oxygene
08-31-2011, 07:45 AM
oh my...okay,for you it's only 20 euros and the difference's minimal but for someone (let's take her) it means that she'd have to spend another 20 euros for travelling to Germany and I doubt that the price of the tickets to Germany and Lowlands was the same..the next thing...

You are right: lowlands is probably more expensive... I grant you that one, so it doesn't even come out to 20 euros.

accommodation..when you're at the festival,you can sleep for free in a tent,yet if you go to Germany you'll probably need some hotel if you don't wanna travel back at midnight and spend the whole day with your baggage in your hands...why didn't you count another 20-30 ? man,it's fifty now...

I am not sure how smart you are if in a scenario, where one is in serious financial restraints, one is considering paying 30 euros for something they don't even really need... FYI to save money I didn't sleep in Prague we drove back right after the show. Saves money and time ;)

I just don't get that if she said that she had no money for travelling to the further places,why the hell you immediately have to count how much it is to Germany...and that since there's still a fuckload of shows,she's got to attend at least one...not everyone wanna travel to another country just because of the concert...

Yeah and that's totally cool, what's not so cool is to complain afterwards. And if she doesn't wanna travel that's also ok, but then she just doesn't want to see them that much really.

but since you know everything and as you're saying,not everyone is as smart as you,you're right...attaboy

No I am saying you are stupider than me, because you use faulty logic. You cannot comprehend what opportunity cost is... all you can think about is a budget in its entirety.

P.S. I didn't want to write this message,but I wanted to stick up for her,'cause to be a fan doesn't mean that you have to see the band every year....I was waiting till 2009 until I've seen them for the first time...and I'm sure that they'll come back to the Netherlands or Czech Rep. or to us very soon,with almost the same setlist+new songs,so I don't see any reason to travel somewhere far away...

I didn't say she wasn't a fan, I just asked why she doesn't go to any of the shows that are close to her. That's a legit question. Which she has yet to answer...
Good for you for sticking up to her... just like DFF.. you made him look like a total douche until he came and cleared his name. Maybe offspringfan01 can do the same if she's lucky

EDIT: By Prague I made an exception because I wanted to see some people from this forum and the band so much that I didn't care how much money I was gonna throw away...
oh,and your references to 'uneducated mind' and problem of the education (which you wrote to Janny) ...I don't take it seriously,probably your school time was really tough and not so long and you didn't have a chance to get to college and now you're having remorse :) but don't be sorry for yourself...I'm not gonna insult you...because it's too childish and stupid and you're not worth it :)

Oh snap, you got me :cool: Seriously, that's the best you've got? You should write the comebacks for Sheldon Cooper.. heheh

offspringfan01
08-31-2011, 07:55 AM
I counted on going to their Pukkelpop show because this was my best option as it wasn't too far away from where I live. Then I heard it got cancelled because of that huge storm. That's just something you don't see coming! And for Lowlands, that festival was sold out before the acts were even announced so that wasn't an option for me. And it's true what dexterone says about the extra costs you have to pay when you're going to a show that's not in your own country. It's too late to take a train back after the show the same evening, so you indeed have to take a hotel or something.
I've been a huge fan since I was 11 years old, and I listen to their music all the time. Just because I was only going to one of their shows, doesn't mean I don't want to see them much, because I do want to see them, and I was going to untill that one show got cancelled..

Please, let's just stop arguing about this!

Little_Miss_1565
08-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Guys. Either you can go to a show in another country, or you can't. It's not anyone's fault if you can't go. The band gets to as many countries as they can, and they try to include as many fans as they can in the fun. NBD.