PDA

View Full Version : Noodles about being a veggie

Originalyeah
09-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Ive read somewhere (dont remember where) that Noodles was vegetarian, but now he isnt anymore. Does someone have a link of an interview of him talkin about it? Or does someone know why he isnt anymore?
Im curious about that...

yellow
09-12-2011, 06:20 PM
I heard that rumor a few years ago, that all 3; dex, noodles & greg k. were. The rumor I had heard was that the band hired a vegetarian chef for the tour. Personally I hope they arw meat eaters again.

RonWelty
09-13-2011, 01:43 AM
During 2004 tour they were. I remember seeing Atom Willard when he went to a fried chicken restaurant in Lisbon because he wasn't into it.

Antonioffspring
09-13-2011, 02:35 AM
There is a Spanish interview from this tour and Noodles said something about it. I didn't completely understand it because of google translate. They were listening to other bands who preached about being a vegetarian. So I think they tried it.

RonWelty
09-13-2011, 04:38 AM
There is a Spanish interview from this tour and Noodles said something about it. I didn't completely understand it because of google translate. They were listening to other bands who preached about being a vegetarian. So I think they tried it.

A man(Dexter) that created on brand of hot sauce and that hosted a event of taco's eating doesn't appear to be a veggie...

Flaming Skull
09-13-2011, 04:51 AM
Vegeterians and Vegans are idiots.

Dexter_italy
09-13-2011, 05:41 AM

vegetarians and vegans are vegetarians and vegans.... idiots are idiots... and sometimes they write here!

Antonioffspring
09-13-2011, 05:55 AM
A man(Dexter) that created on brand of hot sauce and that hosted a event of taco's eating doesn't appear to be a veggie...
huh? where do I say that he is?

There you go and now we need Spaniard.
http://www.offspring.com/community/showpost.php?p=1440877&postcount=520

3rd paragraph from the bottom. They hated it when some bands lectured them. I don't think they are vegetarian, but maybe they tried and hated it. We need a serious translation.

Originalyeah
09-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Interviewer: Now is a good time for being a punk, now there are a lot of reasons for rebellion and complain.
Noodles: Right, I was here talking about the riots in London. With the crisis a lot of people are realizing what being a punk means, what means to have nothing to lose. In the case of US, I think that a lot of reforms are needed. We live in a mediocrity, in wich the media and people who support it have the power. Thats my personal opinion. We arent a political band. I, that I grew up listening to punk, I can say that something that I hated was when some of my favourite band lecture me. For example, I was vegetarian, but if someone was telling me that we shouldnt eat meat because were killing animals, I didnt want even hear it. So we are not going to do the same.
Thats the translation of the part in wich he talks about it. Now that Ive read it Ive remember that thats what I readed when I first noticed about that. So anyone has got another in wich he talks a little more deep about the issue?

vegetarians and vegans are vegetarians and vegans.... idiots are idiots... and sometimes they write here!
Thanks Dexter_Itally, someone really needed the clarification.

Originalyeah
09-13-2011, 07:04 AM

So, according with the interview, its not what you say but the opposite; they dont like the bands to tell them whats right and whats wrong.

bighead384
09-13-2011, 07:33 AM

What makes you say that?

Dragnet
09-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Personally I hope they arw meat eaters again.

What does that matter to you? :confused:

Flaming Skull
09-13-2011, 08:20 AM
What makes you say that?
Simply because it's an incomplete (and dangerous, for some people) way of eating. Every eatable thing is important, and avoiding some is pointless. Eating fruit and vegetables is important as eating meat or pasta, as every single kind of food has its nutrition parts. Some has vitamins, some has proteins, some have sugars, some have carbohydrates. Everything's important.
Of course I'm not saying that a steak and a fruit are the same, or that a steak it's more important, just sayin' that both are. Fruit doesn't give you everything your body needs.
And goddamn, meat taste good.

Originalyeah
09-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Youre wrong. Actually, im vegetarian and im absolutely healthy. And there are more important things than how good does meat taste, for example, the suffering of the animals. Anyway, I didnt post this thread to discuss about it, but if you want to...

Dexter_italy
09-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Simply because it's an incomplete (and dangerous, for some people) way of eating. Every eatable thing is important, and avoiding some is pointless. Eating fruit and vegetables is important as eating meat or pasta, as every single kind of food has its nutrition parts. Some has vitamins, some has proteins, some have sugars, some have carbohydrates. Everything's important.
Of course I'm not saying that a steak and a fruit are the same, or that a steak it's more important, just sayin' that both are. Fruit doesn't give you everything your body needs.
And goddamn, meat taste good.

I don't think you are a doctor... then... a vegetarian or vegan diet can give you the same nutrition as meat. you just need to find the food with the right values. I'm not vegan or vegetarian (really can't imagine to not eat meat :D ). But before talking you should be more informed. Surely vegan is even more strict but you can be 100% on your health with it....

Jojan
09-13-2011, 10:53 AM

Idiots are idiots, idiot.

Antonioffspring
09-13-2011, 11:19 AM
So, according with the interview, its not what you say but the opposite; they dont like the bands to tell them whats right and whats wrong.
Not really opposite, I just wasn't very sharp. Well, Noodles was a vegetarian, so he tried it. And I mentioned that they didn't like to be lectured in the 2nd post...

Oxygene
09-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Dexter loves the in-n-out burger... I rest my case

randman21
09-13-2011, 03:48 PM
That was very Oxygene-esque of you.

But yeah, I think if vegetarianism wasn't good for you, we'd know about it by now. It's very easy to replace the protein that you'd miss from meat. And carbs and vitamins? Fuhgeddaboudit. I'm not a veggie, although I loosely messed around with it for a while. But then I'd have weird cravings for horrible shit like Taco Bell, so I had to go back to meat. :)

personal_loans_1
09-13-2011, 03:55 PM
But then I'd have weird cravings for horrible shit like Taco Bell, so I had to go back to meat. :)
"Meat "

randman21
09-13-2011, 04:17 PM
"Meat "
Haha! Yeah, Taco Bell is the "horrible shit". I meant that I had to go back to real meat so I wouldn't crave crap anymore. :D

yellow
09-13-2011, 11:45 PM
What does that matter to you? :confused:

Cause I was thinking of having a rooftop bbq and I wanted to invite them.

Jojan
09-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Noodles loves cock (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Rooster).

Little_Miss_1565
09-14-2011, 09:28 AM
That was very Oxygene-esque of you.

But yeah, I think if vegetarianism wasn't good for you, we'd know about it by now. It's very easy to replace the protein that you'd miss from meat. And carbs and vitamins? Fuhgeddaboudit. I'm not a veggie, although I loosely messed around with it for a while. But then I'd have weird cravings for horrible shit like Taco Bell, so I had to go back to meat. :)

I was vegetarian for 7 years and never had a problem with getting enough protein or vitamins. I quit because I wanted some buffalo wings. :)

I think the moral of the story is that no one should give even one fuck if anyone in the band were vegetarian or not.