PDA

View Full Version : when i'm playing drums....

bhg_rulz2
02-07-2005, 06:16 PM
i have a lot of fun with my band (of course, we cover offspring songs hehe)

my foot that's hitting the (don't know the name in english) <-- the one that is down!...where you put your foot and hit it haha =P...well...when i got tired of my foot, i can't do it very well when we have played for about 2 hours
=(..and i get mad haha...why is that??

Jebus
02-07-2005, 06:46 PM
This is because youre foot is tired. It's like when you're doing push ups and then you can't go any longer since youre arms get so tired. After a while with alot of practice you won't have that problem as often. It's kind of self-explanitory.

Screamer1
02-07-2005, 07:31 PM
I used to be a drummer, dont worrie about it, you will get better with time, and be able to go longer, try pedaling different ways. . .
and its called a " Bass Pedal "

ThatOneGuy123
02-07-2005, 08:13 PM
bass pedal and yes indeedly doo drums are fun but Im a guitar and vocals man oh yeah I play piano too its fun I like goin Beethoven on people

guitar:22 years
vocals:10 years
piano:20 years

Im a talented guy my parents taught me well

ThatOneGuy123
02-07-2005, 08:16 PM
oh yeah and Jebus did you know the Steve Vai signature with the pink pasley pick ups and flowers,he actually used his curtans for that design he cut out the flowers and had them put in the pickguard

Dexter_Kyle
02-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I play drums too and the same thing happens to me man, my foot gets really tired, but i guess all you need is practice...but is great...drummers are cool dudes xD

StayInTheHouseCarl
02-07-2005, 10:42 PM
yeah, and it may sound stupid, but do some stretches, and youll find it helps a lot too.

Ken Jennings
02-07-2005, 11:05 PM
bass pedal and yes indeedly doo drums are fun but Im a guitar and vocals man oh yeah I play piano too its fun I like goin Beethoven on people

guitar:22 years
vocals:10 years
piano:20 years

Im a talented guy my parents taught me well

You've been playing the guitar and piano since before I was born.

Talman
02-08-2005, 02:38 AM
If your leg gets sore from playing single pedal, don't even look at a double pedal.

alextittycomb
02-08-2005, 11:59 AM
yeah, and it may sound stupid, but do some stretches, and youll find it helps a lot too.

wow! thanks dude I looked at your advice at lunch break & then tried it at band practice 'n it really worked, my ankle didn't get tired at all.

When I started the drums 2 years ago my ankle kaned after like 5 mins of drummin but yer it does get way easier as your ankle muscle (whatever it's called) gets bigger n stronger. It's hard for me to do all the awesome stuff that I do cause I'm only on grade 3.

Jebus
02-10-2005, 04:16 PM
oh yeah and Jebus did you know the Steve Vai signature with the pink pasley pick ups and flowers,he actually used his curtans for that design he cut out the flowers and had them put in the pickguard
I woudln't be fan without knowing that :) I think the DNA Jem is the most intresting one since he uses his blood in the paint.

eotl
02-12-2005, 01:14 PM
www.eotl.altpro.net

Mota !
02-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Buy a double bass! it is so much much easier!!!

Hysteria
02-17-2005, 08:49 AM
The more you practice, the better your stamina will become.

The "word you don't know in english" is bass drum or kick drum.