PDA

View Full Version : Where are the moderators?

Flaming Skull
09-14-2011, 08:09 AM
There have been 4 spam threads in the last couple of days, I'm wondering if there's anyone who controls things here and trying to keep the place clean?
Captchas are kinda boring while registering but can be a good solution to prevent this...

Jojan
09-14-2011, 08:24 AM
I think this thread should be placed in Offspring.com Talk rather than General Offspring Discussion.

But moderators can not change how people register. I think that only the administrators can do that, but they do not seem to be alive any more, and no one can figure out their passwords. So we are fucked. The best you can do is to report the posts that you see.

Little_Miss_1565
09-14-2011, 09:25 AM
We're here. We get a lot of spam, since this is a fairly high profile website, and we catch a lot of it. However, the five of us moderators are people with other lives so sometimes, some spam falls through the cracks. There's a report button on every thread that will alert all moderators about the spam. Jojan uses it a lot, and it's quite helpful.

We not only have had a captcha in place, we've had ReCaptcha and even a honeypot to prevent spam accounts, but unfortunately, they always seem to find a way around it. We're dealing as best we can, and we appreciate not getting shitty messages posted to the forum just because we missed a few spam threads when it's easier just to hit the report button.

Jojan, I assure you the administrators are quite alive. I speak with them often.

Gracias.

Jojan
09-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Jojan, I assure you the administrators are quite alive. I speak with them often.

Then why do they not fix the web site? :-( Are the dumb?

Little_Miss_1565
09-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Then why do they not fix the web site? :-( Are the dumb?

Busy with other things. Not dumb. What in particular are you looking for to be fixed?

Flaming Skull
09-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Shitty messages? Wow, how rude! :D

I didn't know thw about the report button, I'm not used to message boards...I was just wondering if there was someone who took care of those things...but it's OK, I saw the spam threads have been deleted so my purpose has been reached anyway!
I'll use that button next times! ;)

Little_Miss_1565
09-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Cool, thank you.

Tijs
09-14-2011, 11:03 PM
I'll be back from vacation in a day or two to join the forces again :)

holland25
09-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Busy with other things. Not dumb. What in particular are you looking for to be fixed?

Paint_It_Black
09-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Jojan being a leading spambuster seems a bit odd with that half-page signature. Excessive signatures are the only things that irritate me here.

Jojan
09-16-2011, 01:08 PM

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42963

Jojan being a leading spambuster seems a bit odd with that half-page signature. Excessive signatures are the only things that irritate me here.

There is a reason why I disabled signatures, so that I can make a really big one.

samseby
09-16-2011, 01:14 PM
[...] What in particular are you looking for to be fixed?

Not fixed but updated:
There's only 5 podcasts in the "music-section / podcasts". ;)

Paint_It_Black
09-17-2011, 07:35 PM
There is a reason why I disabled signatures, so that I can make a really big one.

I would feel like I was potentially missing out if I disabled them. And really only yours is obnoxious. I have an appreciation for dickish humor though so I can't complain too much.

I actually considered putting you on ignore before just because you force me to scroll down so much, but unfortunately I kinda like your posts. If not for you I would never have known of the existence of efukt.