PDA

View Full Version : Talk about Bighead here

Al Coholic
09-19-2011, 02:25 PM
This is a thread where you can talk about bighead all you want. Is he a detriment to the boards? Or is he a victim of elitism? Is he making every thread about himself? Will he find a way to make this thread not about himself, only so he can himself make it about himself?

to get the ball rolling, here are some of the more controversial statements he's been making over the past few months:

This message is hidden because bighead384 is on your ignore list.

What are your thoughts?

Llamas
09-19-2011, 02:35 PM
I wish I could simply "like" this thread.

I do wonder how bighead will somehow manage to make this thread all about him.

mrconeman
09-19-2011, 02:39 PM
What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are I almost regret giving him such a hard time over constantly fucking whining over how "I'm better than I used to be". Because he stopped doing that and turned into a bigger cunt now than he ever was. The only way he could be better now is if he used to show up to the forum covered in the blood of children.

Good idea though, maybe he can post all of his racist hangups and backwards logic and moronic stupidity in here, rather than derailing the entire forum.

Llamas
09-19-2011, 02:43 PM
My thoughts are I almost regret giving him such a hard time over constantly fucking whining over how "I'm better than I used to be". Because he stopped doing that and turned into a bigger cunt now than he ever was. The only way he could be better now is if he used to show up to the forum covered in the blood of children.

True. It's almost as though he was like, "Fine, they won't admit I'm better now? I'll SHOW them how much I could suck!!!"

Llamas
09-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Good idea though, maybe he can post all of his racist hangups and backwards logic and moronic stupidity in here, rather than derailing the entire forum.

No, this thread is for talking ABOUT bighead - not talking TO bighead. Plus, that would just never happen.

Jojan
09-19-2011, 02:49 PM
"This message is hidden because bighead384 is on your ignore list. ", lol.

IamSam
09-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Because he stopped doing that and turned into a bigger cunt now than he ever was. The only way he could be better now is if he used to show up to the forum covered in the blood of children.

No, he probably hates children because of some hangup involving a stereotype of a specific age group that only manifests itself in 1/15th of the population.

mrconeman
09-19-2011, 03:37 PM
No, he probably hates children because of some hangup involving a stereotype of a specific age group that only manifests itself in 1/15th of the population.
Oh you mean that one stereotype that everybody actually knows about, but bighead is the only one with BIG ENOUGH TESTICALS to talk about it, and appear edgy?

Llamas
09-19-2011, 03:42 PM

Speaking of children, I've noticed another thing children tend to do. At restaurants, children generally order junk food and soda, even though restaurants add healthier options like fruit and salad to the menu. lol. They also wear diapers and make the restaurant smell bad. lol.

calichix
09-19-2011, 03:47 PM
this thread is stupid.

RageAndLov
09-19-2011, 04:23 PM
this thread is stupid.

Which is why it fits Bighead perfectly.

Al Coholic
09-19-2011, 04:33 PM
The thread isn't stupid.

Everyone who took it literally is.

yarock
09-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Should be stickied.

mrconeman
09-19-2011, 04:44 PM
I'd actually be pretty impressed if he took the high road and ignored it.

IamSam
09-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Oh you mean that one stereotype that everybody actually knows about, but bighead is the only one with BIG ENOUGH TESTICALS to talk about it, and appear edgy?

Yes, that one miniscule stereotype that for him is so irreconcilably monumental it must determine his entire outlook on a vast set of people. Like the Amish and their horsies or bearded people being Jews.

Speaking of children, I've noticed another thing children tend to do. At restaurants, children generally order junk food and soda, even though restaurants add healthier options like fruit and salad to the menu. lol. They also wear diapers and make the restaurant smell bad. lol.

Stupid fucking kids. Order an apple. Jesus H. Christ.

Paint_It_Black
09-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Should be stickied.

Indeed.

I wish I could simply "like" this thread.

Indeed.

this thread is stupid.

This thread isn't about bighead. It's a clever way of telling everyone to quit arguing with him in every motherfucking thread and if he bothers people so much that they can't leave it alone they should probably just use the ignore list. It's what some other people have been trying to say. Al just did it with style.

I'd actually be pretty impressed if he took the high road and ignored it.

Better yet would be to get high and ignore him. And something about a road, just to make the wordplay complete.

Seriously though, I think it would be hilarious if we all vowed to completely ignore anything he says for like a week or so. That would drive him nuts.

mrconeman
09-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Seriously though, I think it would be hilarious if we all vowed to completely ignore anything he says for like a week or so. That would drive him nuts.

I really can't stress enough how much I thought that was happening in the beer thread, it was truly fucking brilliant. I'm well up for it though.

Llamas
09-19-2011, 07:50 PM

Was thinking we should all just only refer to him in third person like he's not even here, never directly addressing him or responding to him. No matter how many posts he makes.

edit: I didn't realize that was going on in the other thread because I didn't read the previous posts before replying... I only realized it after it was pointed out and I went back to read posts :-/

calichix
09-19-2011, 09:04 PM
really? because the responses look like a bunch of pansies grappling for an opportunity at some safety in numbers shit talking.

IamSam
09-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Yeah llamas ya idiot! ;)

But seriously...it wouldn't be as funny seeing we're talking about it in a public thread.

However, I do seem to be overestimating his maturity sooooo....

Llamas
09-19-2011, 09:28 PM
really? because the responses look like a bunch of pansies grappling for an opportunity at some safety in numbers shit talking.

Have you seen this guy post? I'm guessing not.

Yeah llamas ya idiot! ;)

But seriously...it wouldn't be as funny seeing we're talking about it in a public thread.

However, I do seem to be overestimating his maturity sooooo....

I thought the same thing. I fucked up the unspoken route, though, so going public's the only option. Ha.

calichix
09-19-2011, 09:49 PM
yeah, his opinions are ridic. but he also has a refreshing vocabulary. and it's not cute to teamster people like a bunch of frat boys.

_Lost_
09-20-2011, 03:16 AM
It's more old school than "cute".

mrconeman
09-20-2011, 10:10 AM
yeah, his opinions are ridic. but he also has a refreshing vocabulary. and it's not cute to teamster people like a bunch of frat boys.

Good thing I was doing it solo for months before this thread I guess then. Thanks you've helped me feel a little better.

personal_loans_1
09-20-2011, 01:25 PM
I wonder about both psychological and sociological aspects of this thread, it's very very interesting.

When my stepbrother decided to divorce, conversations on every rare familly meeting sooner or later end up on this topic. Talk could start anyhow, and then turns into complaint on his wife etc. Every topic ends like this. It's beyond control. Sometimes there is a moment reflecton 'let's change the topic', and few minutes later, again. I love it there and I love it here.

IamSam
09-20-2011, 02:36 PM

I think that this might be the first time I've heard 'racism' described as 'refreshing.'

yarock
09-20-2011, 03:52 PM
He could just hit and run but instead he stand for his opinions and promotes them from different aspects. The best bighead posts are generally the first post of his for each thread he replied. I don't know what gets into him as he decides to try expressing provocative claims.

nieh
09-20-2011, 04:58 PM

http://offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=28778

calichix
09-20-2011, 06:18 PM
I think that this might be the first time I've heard 'racism' described as 'refreshing.'

how are you any better than some yahoo who uses stupid points to prove his stupid points, when you take me referencing his vocabulary (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vocabulary), and put a big, scary trigger word in my mouth? you're a yahoo too!

T-6005
09-20-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't particularly care for arguing with bighead, myself. But maybe we just need to step up our arguments instead of wondering why he just doesn't share our opinions.

Or not. Whichever.

Paint_It_Black
09-20-2011, 07:06 PM
I was a big proponent of giving the guy a chance. I thought he often said interesting things and was shaping up to be a good member. Lately though he's turned into a total troll. A troll who is being really well fed. By people who should know better. I want him to go back to the way he was and ignoring his obvious trolling is the only course of action that makes sense to me.

IamSam
09-20-2011, 08:01 PM
how are you any better than some yahoo who uses stupid points to prove his stupid points, when you take me referencing his vocabulary (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vocabulary), and put a big, scary trigger word in my mouth? you're a yahoo too!

And by what definition are you going by here? Seriously. Vocabulary can mean an entire repertoire of words and phrases. Bighead is consistently using racist and stereotypical vocabulary. Or are you only referencing his 'everyman' vocabulary of not using large words?

I'm having trouble understanding what you're trying to say on the 'stupid points' front. However, this is what I think you're asking: How am I better than bighead?

I can't answer that totally. On this message board I have been known to go off half-cocked. I have been known to take things too far and have been known to mercilessly torment individuals (ie. dexternumbers). In the past I have stood up and taken acknowledgment that my actions were wrong. I have also contributed to good conversations on this board over the years, although with some personal issues I've been away for some time now.

What I don't do is make grandiose, stereotypical, and racist comments that are ignorant of very basic facts. I also don't make it sound like that these statements are how I actually feel in the real world. I wouldn't hesitate to guess that bighead is exactly as he is in real life as he is on here: An immature, thinly veiled racist with possible anger and self esteem issues.

calichix
09-20-2011, 08:08 PM
you're missing the point. and I get the feeling from your self righteous spiel that if you don't get it, you're not gonna get it.

Llamas
09-20-2011, 08:17 PM
And by what definition are you going by here? Seriously. Vocabulary can mean an entire repertoire of words and phrases. Bighead is consistently using racist and stereotypical vocabulary. Or are you only referencing his 'everyman' vocabulary of not using large words?

I'm having trouble understanding what you're trying to say on the 'stupid points' front. However, this is what I think you're asking: How am I better than bighead?

I can't answer that totally. On this message board I have been known to go off half-cocked. I have been known to take things too far and have been known to mercilessly torment individuals (ie. dexternumbers). In the past I have stood up and taken acknowledgment that my actions were wrong. I have also contributed to good conversations on this board over the years, although with some personal issues I've been away for some time now.

What I don't do is make grandiose, stereotypical, and racist comments that are ignorant of very basic facts. I also don't make it sound like that these statements are how I actually feel in the real world. I wouldn't hesitate to guess that bighead is exactly as he is in real life as he is on here: An immature, thinly veiled racist with possible anger and self esteem issues.

It's funny to me now how much I used to dislike you. I've come to find you pretty awesome.

http://offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=28778
Yep, I made a few really moronic stereotyping threads (and even more posts) several years ago. I also realized and admitted how badly my words came out and apologized/moved on/etc. Furthermore, I don't believe I ever trolled the hell out of this place and derailed countless threads with my dumb ideas. So I don't really think that thread you linked really is all that fitting.

IamSam
09-20-2011, 08:17 PM
you're missing the point. and I get the feeling from your self righteous spiel that if you don't get it, you're not gonna get it.

Well that's a cheap way to get out of a discussion. Tell me I'm wrong, insult me, then assume I'll never understand.

I hate arguing and having conversations with Bri when we disagree, but at least she tries.

EDIT: And then Bri has to go all cool on me...sheesh. :cool:

Llamas
09-20-2011, 08:20 PM
It's funny to me now how much I used to dislike you. I've come to find you pretty awesome.

I hate arguing and having conversations with Bri when we disagree, but at least she tries.

EDIT: And then Bri has to go all cool on me...sheesh. :cool:

hahahaha ouch! hey, when's the last time we got into one of those bullshit arguments, anyway?

IamSam
09-20-2011, 08:25 PM
hahahaha ouch! hey, when's the last time we got into one of those bullshit arguments, anyway?

A long flipping time ago. Ah those were the days...so young...so innocent...so...so...stupid and petty.

Unfortunately Bighead has not gotten past these things.

(JUST BRINGING US BACK ON TOPIC NOTHING TO SEE HERE.)

Llamas
09-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Well that's the thing, really. Bighead's not your typical annoyance. He's already been posting here for 3 years under this handle; I don't remember how long he was here as endlesstom... and he's really actually declined as a poster. There's a number of members - myself included - who used to be annoying, hated, whatever... but matured and went through some serious self-realization. Bighead's in his 20s, and therefore old enough to grow up at least a *bit*, but his attitude has not changed at all as far back as I can remember. Maybe he's just a successful troll who's invested way too much in what he's doing here (especially with his periods of "good behavior" or whatever)... but I honestly think he's just this kind of a person who really believes what he posts.

I used to stereotype about absurd things, get into long-winded arguments over nothing (while having a notoriously hard time backing down), and act like an overly sensitive asshole. I know I'm far from perfect, but the point is that most of us grow up to some degree.

calichix
09-20-2011, 08:59 PM
I'd like you to take a journey within and figure it out yourself, because I think you can, and I also think you're boring.

IamSam
09-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Well that's the thing, really. Bighead's not your typical annoyance. He's already been posting here for 3 years under this handle; I don't remember how long he was here as endlesstom... and he's really actually declined as a poster. There's a number of members - myself included - who used to be annoying, hated, whatever... but matured and went through some serious self-realization. Bighead's in his 20s, and therefore old enough to grow up at least a *bit*, but his attitude has not changed at all as far back as I can remember. Maybe he's just a successful troll who's invested way too much in what he's doing here (especially with his periods of "good behavior" or whatever)... but I honestly think he's just this kind of a person who really believes what he posts.

I used to stereotype about absurd things, get into long-winded arguments over nothing (while having a notoriously hard time backing down), and act like an overly sensitive asshole. I know I'm far from perfect, but the point is that most of us grow up to some degree.

There just seems to be no positive movement...well...there was for like three months...then we just realized he hadn't posted much...

I'd like you to take a journey within and figure it out yourself, because I think you can, and I also think you're boring.

Haha ok whatever, silly.

mario_spaghettio
09-20-2011, 11:51 PM
I have a bottle of rum and a beautiful voice, life is good.

mario_spaghettio
09-20-2011, 11:55 PM
God Bless Bighead

mario_spaghettio
09-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Fuck you Bighead

mario_spaghettio
09-21-2011, 01:39 AM
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt336/supermel311/dealwithit.gif

Harleyquiiinn
09-21-2011, 09:57 AM
I like that Bighead is here. In a way, I also like that Mario is here.

Seriously, without them, this BBS would be even more than boring. We should thank them.

Also, Al Coholic, who is definitely a good thread maker. If only that looked good on a resume...

bighead384
09-21-2011, 11:56 AM
I feel like by not posting here, I win.

But then, I know you guys are all thinking "He thinks he's so great for not posting here, but he's still a loser".

IT'S PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE.

RageAndLov
09-21-2011, 12:37 PM

But then, I know you guys are all thinking "He thinks he's so great for not posting here, but he's still a loser".

I was actually thinking you would be able to be the better man this one time by not posting here, but evidently not.

IamSam
09-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I was actually thinking you would be able to be the better man this one time by not posting here, but evidently not.

Are you kidding? Bighead has the self control of a bladder-less Labrador on an antique Turkish rug moments after consuming a vast quantity of liquid.

Jakebert
09-21-2011, 03:26 PM
I dislike bighead as much as the next dude, but he was just trying to joke around and have fun for a second. I hate that I'm saying this, but jesus christ guys, lighten the fuck up.

Omni
09-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Yeah, he let this shit go on for four+ pages without saying a word, and when he does, it's to play along. He's being a terribly good sport for a so-called supertroll. That post was still being the bigger man, in my opinion.

IamSam
09-22-2011, 05:20 AM
Really? Nobody else sees the pattern that goes on around here?

Jakebert
09-22-2011, 06:38 AM
We get it, bighead plays both sides to make an ass out of himself and annoy everyone. And then for a while people defend him until he gets worse again.

But, at the same time, he did nothing wrong in this thread. There's no reason to jump down his throat, or, take a thread clearly intended as a joke seriously. There's nothing wrong with going after the dude in threads where he deserves it, as I've done that myself tons of times. But this thread? Where he's posted once and you and brianna are largely just attacking the dude over and over again with no real instigation? Lame.

mrconeman
09-22-2011, 07:05 AM
Nah, I'd say it's justified, he's a pestilence. I'm not going to suddenly warm up to him because he hasn't been a useless fucking moron in the last 5 minutes. It doesn't mean he isn't a useless fucking moron, who's main objective on the board recently has been to draw attention to himself by being an obstruction to every discussion on the site. Intentional (troll) or unintentional (moron), he still does it, and doesn't deserve a byball because he carried along with a joke in this thread.

It's something each of us (including you Jakebert) have done many times to many people for being fucking stupid, on this forum. You, me and everyone else that's generally stayed on this board for a long enough period, and been productive, have attacked people in threads, during which they have done nothing wrong, because you still know, that in general they're a stupid cunt, and will continue to be so, and Bigheads next fiasco is obviously imminent.

I'm not saying he can't change, because many of the victims of such attacks have changed and actually become productive, and really good/entertaining posters. I think part of the reason for their change and becoming a better poster is because we give them a hard time, they realise that if a forum full of people are giving them grief for being a fucking moron, there's probably something to it. Unfortunately Bighead has yet to realise this because he has a superiority complex and giant ego and thinks everyone is exactly like him, but we're just too scurred to reveal it. I even liked Bighead for about two days, I'm willing to like him again if he genuinely changes. But hey, I'm not saying he should change because I find him kind of annoying, if he wants to continue acting like he's mentally challenged in most threads, and decent in some threads, he can do just that, just don't expect me to take any of his shit seriously.

edit: Oh and I know full well that Al Coholic wasn't making this thread to start a round table discussion about Bighead, fucking obviously, Christ. For one, he might not be my favourite poster, but he's not retarded. I get what he was trying to do here. I just like riling Bighead up because it's what he deserves, and being called an "Irish nigger" is brilliant.

calichix
09-22-2011, 07:51 AM
well he's obviously got a little power over you guys if you want to commit like 20 minutes to shit talking him, and justifying shit talking him. if you want to bicker with him, do it. if you want to tell him he's a piece of shit, pm him. but it's embarrassing to take a potentially funny thread and start clucking like a bunch of bitchy chickenheads.

Llamas
09-22-2011, 10:02 AM

And if you could act like this post more than 2% of the time, you could get by just fine here. But you clearly don't want to. You did go through a decent period where you posted like a normal person... actual discussion, making points, and not trying to ruffle people's feathers. But then you slipped into this, "Aren't I so much better than before??" phase... before returning directly to the same form you were a year or two ago. What gives?

But, at the same time, he did nothing wrong in this thread. There's no reason to jump down his throat, or, take a thread clearly intended as a joke seriously. There's nothing wrong with going after the dude in threads where he deserves it, as I've done that myself tons of times. But this thread? Where he's posted once and you and brianna are largely just attacking the dude over and over again with no real instigation? Lame.

He's only posted once in this thread, yes - a post that came after my posts. I didn't attack him at all for his post, as there was nothing wrong with it. But my posts in here had nothing to do with this thread... they were about him in general, as an overall poster.

I even liked Bighead for about two days, I'm willing to like him again if he genuinely changes. But hey, I'm not saying he should change because I find him kind of annoying, if he wants to continue acting like he's mentally challenged in most threads, and decent in some threads, he can do just that, just don't expect me to take any of his shit seriously.

Me too, I actually defended him for a while and genuinely thought he was a decent poster. And he doesn't have to change, but if he wants to keep doing his shit, then there's nothing wrong with anyone else posting negatively about him. It's not like he's some helpless 12 year old who just doesn't know any better.

T-6005
09-22-2011, 10:37 AM
This thread is like when you're super, super wasted and you're having sex and you realize that neither of you is going to have an orgasm. All the parts seem to work, and everything is where it should be, but everyone involved slowly realizes that there's no point. And yet you just. Can't. Stop.

Little_Miss_1565
09-22-2011, 10:41 AM
And yet you just. Can't. Stop.

Here, let me help you with that.