PDA

View Full Version : Texas kills fancy last meal requests on death row

bighead384
09-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Link: http://news.yahoo.com/texas-kills-fancy-last-meal-requests-death-row-001401764.html

‎"Brewer requested an elaborate meal that included a triple-meat bacon cheeseburger, a meat-lover's pizza, a big bowl of okra with ketchup, a pound of barbecue, a half a loaf of bread, peanut butter fudge, a pint of ice cream and two chicken-fried steaks.
When it arrived around 4 p.m. at Brewer's cell, he declined it all, telling prison officials he was not hungry."

My last meal would be "bottomless chips". Can't kill me as long as I'm still eatin' these chips.

Keep em' comin'.

Harleyquiiinn
09-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Link: http://news.yahoo.com/texas-kills-fancy-last-meal-requests-death-row-001401764.html

‎"Brewer requested an elaborate meal that included a triple-meat bacon cheeseburger, a meat-lover's pizza, a big bowl of okra with ketchup, a pound of barbecue, a half a loaf of bread, peanut butter fudge, a pint of ice cream and two chicken-fried steaks.
When it arrived around 4 p.m. at Brewer's cell, he declined it all, telling prison officials he was not hungry."

My last meal would be "bottomless chips". Can't kill me as long as I'm still eatin' these chips.

Keep em' comin'.

I'd choose: foie gras, green olives, a ramen or a Pho and glow worms.

I really don't have an opinion on this though.

I was talking about death penalty with a friend recently. Death Penalty in France was abolished in 1981 but you might not know this. Untill the end, it was still the Guillotine.

And we agreed on the fact that in a way, it's a lot more merciful than lethal injection. It took Troy Davis 15 mn to die and as I understood it, considering the guy is paralyzed before, there is actually no way to say if he suffered or not.

I also read that according to some studies, it was definitely painful...

So yeah, the guillotine is barbaric, (head rolling, blood and everything) but at least it provides a quick death...

Now, the better is still no death penalty at all but if you have to consider it...

bighead384
09-23-2011, 09:06 AM
It took Troy Davis 15 mn to die and as I understood it, considering the guy is paralyzed before, there is actually no way to say if he suffered or not.

I read that 7 out of 9 of the witnesses recanted. And they STILL put him to death? That's fucking ridiculous! Even if i supported the death penalty, I would insist that it be reserved only for cases where the criminal is guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

personal_loans_1
09-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Yeah, what the hell happened to in dubio pro reo? I don't get how is that possible that death penalty is still performed in US.

I don't know what I'd take. Maybe I'd order gringo bandito, finally.

Jakebert
09-23-2011, 10:56 AM
I'd try to give myself a heart attack so that they wouldn't have the satisfaction of executing me. So I'd eat like 5 large Cincinnati chilli's.

bighead384
09-23-2011, 11:04 AM
I'd try to give myself a heart attack so that they wouldn't have the satisfaction of executing me. So I'd eat like 5 large Cincinnati chilli's.

Hahaha. Me like.

Or ask for a steak knife for your steak and do yourself in.