PDA

View Full Version : How do you attain peace?

Dwayne Mosley
09-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Since a large majority of my threads thus far contain negativity (although I do think there's something equally positive about exodusing anger in a physical form, but I'll save it for that thread) I thought I'd open up roundtable discussion as to just how do you attain peace? Whether it be peace of mind or resolution of conflict. Are you a spiritual person? Do you meditate? What steps do you take to ensure that you exercise a positive energy for all those around you? Me personally I have a great empathy for hopeless situations whether or not I can relate to them, and typically I shut down conversations between other people when I sense disagreement is on the horizon.

WebDudette
09-28-2011, 01:51 AM
Are you one of those people who get upset about people disagreeing or arguing and try to force them to stop, even though they are not at all upset and are just two adults having a conversation?

Dwayne Mosley
09-28-2011, 01:55 AM
Only when it's effecting their work/looks like it could lead to serious conflict. Are you one of those people who plays devil's advocate to a fault?

Actually don't respond to that, this thread is about peace and positivity. What would John Lennon do?

WebDudette
09-28-2011, 02:04 AM
Nope, I just don't like being interrupted by a third party while having a perfectly reasonable conversation because they're uncomfortable with arguments and think it's somehow their business. I have a friend who does that and it frustrates me a whole lot more than someone disagreeing with me.

I don't know if I particularly do anything for peace. Every now and then I really like spending the day just doing nothing but watching TV and lying in bed. I also really enjoy stretching sometimes.

Dwayne Mosley
09-28-2011, 02:10 AM
I don't know if I particularly do anything for peace. Every now and then I really like spending the day just doing nothing but watching TV and lying in bed.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4U6UMjpbxZg/Tb2Wu_loiwI/AAAAAAAAACM/nyUIFoEGaeY/s1600/bed_in_lennon_ono.jpg

Lupin
09-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Darth Vader...Death Star...kill everybody??

calichix
09-28-2011, 10:43 AM
I like going for really long power walks at the beach or by a river or in the woods and listening to birds.

Little_Miss_1565
09-28-2011, 10:47 AM
I do a lot of yoga, bike to work whenever I can, and eat healthy food. Doing good things for my body makes me feel good in the brains. I'll still shank someone if necessary, but I'll feel much more peaceful about it.

Lizardus
09-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I attain peace by taking it away from others.

Jojan
09-28-2011, 03:08 PM
With a knife!

jacknife737
09-28-2011, 05:04 PM
I attain peace by taking it away from others.

The Kissinger is strong with this one.

mrconeman
09-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Anyone take part in international Peace Day? That was last week. My workplace organised a huge music event here with international food and stuff being sold, it would have been awesome if anyone turned up. I work for a company that tries to forward peace, anti-racism, and anti-sectarianism here, so I guess I do as much for peace as my job dictates.

Personally? Uh, I guess it's a cliche because people have weird hangups about it, but that's their problem, but playing guitar or any of the other instruments I own is about the only time when I can come as close as possible to completely emptying my thoughts and that's real peaceful. Not that peace is always the objective when I play music, but sometimes it certainly is.

What would John Lennon do?
Probably beat his wife and try equating his talents to his superiors again.

bighead384
09-29-2011, 09:28 AM
I'll still shank someone if necessary, but I'll feel much more peaceful about it.

You've stabbed someone before?

dexter12296566
10-02-2011, 06:59 AM
"I look for peace but see I don't attain" -Kid CuDi
*From the song Day N Nite(Nightmare)*