PDA

View Full Version : Question about Gringo Bandito

Omni
09-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Is it a sauce very heavy on vinegar, like Louisiana, Tabasco, or Crystal? I absolutely love hot sauce, but I prefer the kind like the Sriracha Chili sauce, and cannot stand vinegar or anything heavily vinegar-based. I was thinking of finally getting around to ordering some, but I don't want to waste all that money if I can know in advance if I'll hate it.

Edit: Wow, this went in the Other Bands for some reason. I could have sworn I was on GoD, lol. Very, very sorry mod(s).

randman21
09-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks for getting my hopes up for a Gringo Band-ito. :(

As for your question, I really can't think of how to explain the exact taste of GB, but I can answer an emphatic NO. If Sriracha is similar to the chili sauce that I like, it's a lot more similar to that. But not that similar. You'll like it!

nevo
10-02-2011, 03:14 AM
It's pretty much Tabasco sauce with a different spice to it. If you don't like vinegar, chances are you're not gonna like Gringo Bandito.

nightvision
10-09-2011, 02:52 PM
It's pretty much Tabasco sauce with a different spice to it. If you don't like vinegar, chances are you're not gonna like Gringo Bandito.

Blasphemy! Gringo Bandito kicks Tabasco's ass and I'll prove it with this picture:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/nightvision84/A0385.jpg

nevo
10-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Blasphemy! Gringo Bandito kicks Tabasco's ass and I'll prove it with this picture:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/nightvision84/A0385.jpg

I never said anything about it not kicking it's ass, I said that it has a similar taste to it. P:

Krojd
10-09-2011, 05:37 PM

Get some, Tabasco!

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Love the pic! haha

Omni
10-09-2011, 11:03 PM
So, it is a thinner sauce with a Tobasco-like taste and consistency? It'll cost a lot of money to buy a case and have it shipped to my state, so I don't want it to go to waste if I buy it.

Little_Miss_1565
10-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Wha? Tabasco is thin and tastes sweet and vinegary. Gringo is thick and tastes like unicorns dancing on your tongue. There's vinegar in it, but it doesn't stand up and slap you like it does in Tabasco. I love Tabasco, but Gringo > Tabasco, no question.

Sriracha tastes a lot sweeter than Gringo, btw.