PDA

View Full Version : Arrested development is coming back!

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-03-2011, 03:10 AM
Sorry, i might've yelled that a little loud.

"I just blue myself."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/02/arrested-development-television-show-one-more-season-mitch-hurwitz-ron-howard/

Taste the happy.

randman21
10-03-2011, 04:39 AM
These be joyous times. Super excited, and not even a little bit worried that it won't be as good as before. They still had plenty of awesome left in the tank when they got canceled, and I can't wait to see it.

Jakebert
10-03-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm not getting excited yet. While AD is one of my favorite shows ever, this still hasn't actually been confirmed aside from Huriwitz say he wants to do it, but that there's still issues with the studio and nothing has been written in ink yet.

So while I want it to happen...yeah it still easily might not.

Llamas
10-03-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm not looking forward, only because my world will be flooded with people complaining that it's not as good. That's always, ALWAYS what happens when something comes back. People get way excited, it comes out, and they just bitch that it's not as good as it used to be. If people would just be happy it came back, I'd be looking forward to it (though I've only gotten halfway through the first season, so I'd have some watching to do before the new ones drop).

mrconeman
10-03-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm not getting excited yet. While AD is one of my favorite shows ever, this still hasn't actually been confirmed aside from Huriwitz say he wants to do it, but that there's still issues with the studio and nothing has been written in ink yet.

So while I want it to happen...yeah it still easily might not.

Nah, dawg, these folks wouldn't lie about it.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/arrested-development-is-coming-back-to-tv-for-one

Of course there is still the chance that something falls through, but as of those posts, it's confirmed.

Retard
10-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Danced such a happy dance last night when I saw the link on my fakebook.

WebDudette
10-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I honestly don't think it could be bad enough for me to care. The original ending was so far off the tracks, most of the last season was just crazy sloppy. That never seemed to bother people before and it's not like they ended on some unattainable highnote. I'm not complaining about the last season by the way, they were just fucked over and did what they could with very little heads up on being cancelled and losing a bunch of episodes. Still great, just not as great as a full season with real deadlines and a real, planned ending.

Oh yeah, I'm also fucking excited for this. As I said, it couldn't possibly be so bad that I will no enjoy it. It could be terrible and I'm pretty sure I'd still watch it and love it.

I remember reading an interview or something where Mitchell was asked about a possible movie. He said it was in the works, but he would not be announcing anything officially, or even talking about it, until it was a sure deal. Actually, that might have been Ron Howard. Either way, after everyone's appearance at that convention combined with what Mitchell Hurwitz, Will Arnett, and Jason Bateman talking about it in such detail, I'd say it's finally safe to get excited.