PDA

View Full Version : What does Dexter have against RPGs?

psychojosh13
10-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Every time I listen to Stuff is Messed Up, during the rapid listing of everything that is wrong with the world at that moment, there is something that sounds like "RPGs." The first several times I listened to the song I would give that a quick "wait, what?" kind of reaction, then move on with my day and forgot about it. I finally got around to double checking the lyrics, and sure enough, "RPGs" is what he says.

So I'm curious - has Dexter, or anyone else, ever explained what type of RPG they're referring to or why? Being a diehard D&D player for most of my life, my first thought is that he's complaining about gaming, but I can't imagine why (unless maybe I missed a joke somewhere). Rocket-propelled grenades would make more sense, but of all possible weapons I'm not sure why they would be singled out.

So, anyone have any more concrete information than my guessing and rambling?

Little_Miss_1565
10-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Though it could be rocket-prepelled grenades he's talking about, I'm 99% sure he doesn't mean RPGs like D&D. I would venture a guess from the setting of the song that it's more about the super-violent first person shooters and other RPGs of that ilk.

Static_Martyr
10-06-2011, 06:03 PM
I would be super-surprised if it was NOT rocket-propelled grenades he was talking about. I assumed as much, anyway. It never even crossed my mind to think of it as referring to role-playing games :D

brothadave79
10-06-2011, 07:23 PM
From the video: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/brothadave79/RPGs.png

There's your answer, fish-bulb.

WebDudette
10-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Yeah, it's definitely more likely that he was talking about role-playing games and not rocket propelled grenades. I'm sure if he wanted to talk about weapons, he certainly wouldn't single RPG's out, he'd definitely just list all the ones he can think of. It's not like he chose that particular weapon because it rhymed with 'shopping sprees' or anything.

Sir, if you are trolling us, well fucking done.

jacknife737
10-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Thread of the week!

Going to echo the thought that it's actually role playing games that he's talking about.

ThunderPX
10-07-2011, 04:15 AM
Dexter just really hates World of Warcraft.

Omni
10-07-2011, 06:41 AM
A guy named Dexter would never be a fan of Final Fantasy.

Tony Hawk or bust, bitches.

psychojosh13
10-07-2011, 02:48 PM
From the video: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/brothadave79/RPGs.png

There's your answer, fish-bulb.

Oh, right, that would have been a good way to find the answer. Also, bonus points for the Simpsons reference.

Sir, if you are trolling us, well fucking done.

Not trolling, just not well-informed. But I'm glad you enjoyed it either way.

Dexter just really hates World of Warcraft.

This would also be acceptable :D