PDA

View Full Version : does the Offspring ever help out others

yellow
10-10-2011, 02:11 AM
I was just wandering if the Offspring ever does charity work or something nice for their fans? Or are just douchebags

Zee
10-10-2011, 04:36 AM
They did give 1,000,000$ for one fan. :D

Jojan
10-10-2011, 05:31 AM
Nothing big official as a group, except for the million dollar give-away, what I know. I can not imagine them not giving money for charities.

ThunderPX
10-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Jesus fucking christ are you serious

Little_Miss_1565
10-10-2011, 08:07 AM
They get bazillions of requests all the time. They can't possibly fulfill them all, and they aren't douchebags because they couldn't help you.

brothadave79
10-10-2011, 08:08 AM
He ran a marathon to help wrongfully convicted inmates get out of prison using DNA evidence. http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/The_Innocence_Project_Artists_Committee.php

And: http://www.theoffspringsite.com/tos/oldsites/oldixnay/news/news13.html

dexter12296566
10-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Why do you ask?

yellow
10-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Wow a gazillion requesst for help, and Dexter ran one Marathon for prisoners........ well lets all stand up and applaud for the offspring. That's why they are douchebag. Last week a friend from the movie and TV sat me down to tell me the offspring are douchebags. They have a bad rap. I never asked them for help. I'm just a fan who's bought every CD and DVD they produced and have been to 14 shows. I am mad at myself for thinking they r good guys, and wasting all that time and money

I didn't expect their help, so I never asked, ; I think they r douchebags because they don't help anyone

Little_Miss_1565
10-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Dexter's always been good to me, and I know that firsthand and not hearsay through someone who works in entertainment. Honestly, why do you have an axe to grind now?

So, what, they should give up on everything else they do so they can take care of your personally preferred causes?

What pisses me off about stuff like this is that they do actually do things, but it's not like they love popping off at the mouth about it to make themselves look cool, because that's not who they are. And then people talk shit about them on their own message board.

GamerKT
10-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Wow a gazillion requesst for help, and Dexter ran one Marathon for prisoners........ well lets all stand up and applaud for the offspring. That's why they are douchebag. Last week a friend from the movie and TV sat me down to tell me the offspring are douchebags. They have a bad rap. I never asked them for help. I'm just a fan who's bought every CD and DVD they produced and have been to 14 shows. I am mad at myself for thinking they r good guys, and wasting all that time and money

I didn't expect their help, so I never asked, ; I think they r douchebags because they don't help anyone

Dexter says:

I'm not a trendy asshole
I do what I want
I do what I feel like
I'm not a trendy asshole
Don't give a fuck
If it's good enough for you
'Cause I am alive

Ser
10-10-2011, 06:35 PM

I have bought every Offspring album/DVD. They don't even come close to where I live so I can go to a concert. In the last 6 years, I've lost 9 people I was close too. 5 of those people to cancer, 2 to suicide, 1 to natural causes, 1 to accidental death.

Not once did I expect, nor did the people I lost, expect someone let alone some random band that they do not personally know to go out of their way for them. Nor did I request it.

No one asked me to ever buy any Offspring merchandise, I did it because I like what they do. I don't expect anything in return besides my music to actually play when I want it to.

Music is their job. They have their own families and their own problems. They're human. Because they don't answer one fan, you, out of millions does not make them douchebags. They owe their fans nothing more than they've already given us. And nothing more should be expected of them.

Life is crap and it's full of suffering. Sometimes the most innocent of people suffer needlessly. But NO ONE can make it better for you. And if you lay that expectation on someone else, especially someone who you have no hope of reaching, then you will continue to be sorely let down.

yellow
10-10-2011, 07:03 PM
When I went to their concerts and bought their shit, I wasn't expecting anything in return. At :pthat time I didn't know I was gonna die of cancer, I bought it because I thought they were good guys. And I have met the band, again I don't expect anything from them.
But _hey thanks for letting me know that I am no one and and will die from cancer. Telling me know I'm not worth anything, not even a smile. Or happy momment. Makes u suck
Oh and just so u know u don't have to tell someone with cancer how bad life is, we already know.
Tell me how did u treat your friends with cancer. Were u a jerk to them like u r being to me?

yellow
10-10-2011, 07:11 PM
I didn't buy those those things expecting anything, at that time I didn't know I was gonna die of cancer. Thanks for reminding me. By the way u don't need to tell someone with cancer how much life sucks, we already know.
I used to be a fan because I thought they were good guys. I never asked them for anything. According to you I don't deserve a happy momment or a smile, thanks for making me cry.
Just curious how did u treat your other friends with cancer before they died?@

yellow
10-10-2011, 07:14 PM
I didn't buy those those things expecting anything, at that time I didn't know I was gonna die of cancer. Thanks for reminding me. By the way u don't need to tell someone with cancer how much life sucks, we already know.
I used to be a fan because I thought they were good guys. I never asked them for anything. According to you I don't deserve a happy momment or a smile, thanks for making me cry.
Just curious how did u treat your other friends with cancer before they died?

yellow
10-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Look I m not trying to fight with anyone, u don't get it. Everyday and moment of my life I have to fight cancer. I just wanted to think the offspring were good guys who care, and not hear how mean and uncaring they can be. Peace
See u r right and I am wrong.

GamerKT
10-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Sucks that you have cancer, but... you're being a whiny prick who's desperately looking for sympathy.

yellow
10-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Go fuck yourself

GamerKT
10-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Go fuck yourself

Right back atcha, bro.

Thomas
10-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Look I m not trying to fight with anyone, u don't get it. Everyday and moment of my life I have to fight cancer. I just wanted to think the offspring were good guys who care, and not hear how mean and uncaring they can be. Peace
See u r right and I am wrong.

Do you honestly think that you are the only Offspring fan who has ever had a terminal illness? They are just a bunch of guys. They aren't saints. Again, just a bunch of guys. They have an incredibly busy schedule and simply do not have the time to fill the requests of every fan who is having a hard time right now. You know what though? If they did have the time/energy/resources, I can pretty much guarantee you they would help out every one of their fans who needed it.

Lord Phidias
10-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Right back atcha, bro.

First of all, he is not a bro, she is a sis, and who do you think you are, with your 17 posts, to go talk shit about issues of other bbs members you don't know about? Everyone here is not really getting it, you just get pissed because yellow is kind of insulting the band we all like, and you're taking it way too personal, but you're all missing the point... this girl is not desperate about getting attention, she is being desperate about getting a second chance in life, she is not actually whining or insulting the band, it seems whe has nowhere else to go or no one else to talk to, she feels safe in this annonymous board on the internet, and thinking about this saddens me deeply, I can not imagine how does it feel to have a terminal disease, and I've lost important people in my life too, but it's not the same... I encourage you, to let yellow express her rage and feelings and not post anything about what she's doing wrong, because she really knows, but c'mon... give her a break...

randman21
10-11-2011, 03:26 AM
Yellow, I don't have the energy to berate you, and it wouldn't be right anyway. But I want to know how spoiled you're used to being that you expect The Offspring and the President of the United States to cater to your every personal desire. As Thomas said, these people are extremely busy with their own lives, and given the time and opportunity, I'm sure they'd be happy to accommodate anyone who asked for their help. But even if they wouldn't, they don't owe you a thing. What have you done to help those less fortunate than you?

I've been rooting for you throughout this entire ordeal, and will continue to do so, but girrrrl, you trippin'.

Tijs
10-11-2011, 05:13 AM
Didn't Dexter also flew his plane to transport cargo to the victims of Katrina a while ago? We found that out a few weeks/months later through unofficial sources and Dexter never talked about it. Just to back up what 1565 said before:

it's not like they love popping off at the mouth about it to make themselves look cool, because that's not who they are.

They played at CBGB's benefit show as well, though thats a whole different category of charity.

Eventually though, you can do a million things like flying your plan anonymously to a disaster-area to help the needed. Or, you can do play at large media events like Live 8, get into giant spotlights to show you as an artists or band is doing something good for the world.
I mean, Live 8 and similar events are essentially great things, but I also consider it to be a place for bands/artists to say "See, we're doing charity here. How awesome are we?".

Harleyquiiinn
10-11-2011, 05:51 AM
May I say that giving free tickets to Paris for the people in Pukkelpop was pretty cool of them, eventhough it doesn't have a genuine influence on the world...

Jakebert
10-11-2011, 06:03 AM
Seriously yellow, that's sad that you have cancer and all, but what makes your cancer so special that the Offspring should single you out and help you over everyone else? I know tons of people, little girls even, that have gotten cancer and not received the kind of special treatment you seem to feel entitled to. And none of them acted like brats about it like you do.

mrconeman
10-11-2011, 06:12 AM
Yellow is a horrible person.

Little_Miss_1565
10-11-2011, 07:55 AM
When I went to their concerts and bought their shit, I wasn't expecting anything in return. At :pthat time I didn't know I was gonna die of cancer, I bought it because I thought they were good guys. And I have met the band, again I don't expect anything from them.
But _hey thanks for letting me know that I am no one and and will die from cancer. Telling me know I'm not worth anything, not even a smile. Or happy momment. Makes u suck
Oh and just so u know u don't have to tell someone with cancer how bad life is, we already know.
Tell me how did u treat your friends with cancer. Were u a jerk to them like u r being to me?

Yellow, I think you're projecting a lot here. No one said you're no one and will die or aren't worth anything. But you're behaving in a way that's not reasonable or acceptable. One of my best friends has recurring cancer and no health insurance, and it will likely get him in the end. But he doesn't go online and talk shit about bands because someone somewhere said they weren't nice guys about charity work (and that's surely only because they don't like to publicize the charity work they do, because they do it because it's right and not for publicity like you're expecting them to do). He sucks it up and goes to work because he has to, he does what he needs to do and then he stays home and plays video games when he feels sorry for himself so no one else has to deal with it.

I get that you're having a tough time right now, and you have a right to have a tough time right now. But the behavior you're engaging in right now and expecting to have carte blanche to do because you have cancer isn't acceptable.

yellow
10-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Wow you guys are mean.

For the record I reached out to the president because the federal programs I am dealing with are run by the president. I have been fighting :othiscancer for 2 years now. My case was lost in a large system and I needed help, so I asked for it. That's right I am the type of person who when I need help, I ask for it. I am not special or asking for special help, I am just trying to live a happy life.
The offspring used to be my favorite band providing Me wiith lots of fun, laughs and smiles., I haven't asked them for anything, nor willl I
I am just a nobody,
Since there is no cure for ovarian cancer, I donated my body to science to help find a cure for ovarian cancer.

Dexter_italy
10-11-2011, 08:15 AM
is this thread even real? :confused: and I really didn't understand how they are supposed to help someone with a serious illness...

Llamas
10-11-2011, 09:06 AM
I felt bad for yellow the first time she told us all she had cancer. Now she's proven herself to be ego-centric and arrogant. Cancer sucks. Nobody likes it. One of my best friends had breast cancer, went through chemo, lost all her hair, had major, terrifying problems, and paid her entire year's salary in costs... and never once did she whine and moan that the president or some famous band didn't help her. Yellow, you're making it so nobody feels bad for you anymore. I have a lot of nasty problems in my life, but I don't expect the Offspring or the POTUS to help me out, either. I don't have cancer, true, but who's to say which problems they should help out with and which they shouldn't? Where's the line? Truth is, yellow, that the only thing anyone actually knows about you here is that you have cancer. We feel/felt bad for you, but you've really just become kind of a nasty person about it.

yellow
10-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Ok people, I am human, obviously i handled things wrong. First hearing about Steve Jobs dying of cancer freaked me out. That man had more than enough money to buy a whole new body of stem cells, so when someone like him dies of cancer, shockwaves are felt across all cancer boards.
For those of u who have lost family and friends to cancer, may they rest in peace. I am curious if you were just as mean to them as you are to me

Breast cancer is cureable, still a shittty cancer to have but cureable. I have ovarian cancer, which there is NO CURE for.

For the record i have not asked the offspring for any special treatment or money, nor will I. I just wanted to laugh, smile and have some fun.
I also have never posted "why me" or life isnt fair cause i have cancer or any other whinny bullshit.
If Steve didnt die, i probably would have kept quiet, but when he died, it brought up my fears.

And as for the Offspring. Last week one of my bosses sat me down to talk about what i am doing to help myself. My bosss had concerns. I was told a list of all of the terrible things they have done. My bosss is not an offspring fan, and needed to know my love for the Offspring would not be an issue. After hearing alll that was said, I was disturbed that this group of guys who i thought were great, turned out to be not so great. I left that meeting very disturbed.
oh and as one of you pointed out, the only thing you know about me is that i have cancer, so PLEASE dont ever tell me i dont do things for others or the world, cause i do something everyday for someone else or for the good of all.
I do believe that GOD gave someone like me cancer so i can help find the cure for this ugly beast, i never asked once why me god......just what can i do to help other women in the same position as me. What can i do to keep this disease from taking anymore lives?
For all of you here who need help, be blessed with help u need: if you are too stuborn to ask for help when u need it.

Personally i think all of you need to walk a mile in my shoes before u go judging me and telling me i am no one special, a horrible person....yada yada
haters!

goodbye xoxo

cool 2 hate 681
10-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Didn't Dexter also flew his plane to transport cargo to the victims of Katrina a while ago? We found that out a few weeks/months later through unofficial sources and Dexter never talked about it. Just to back up what 1565 said before:

he also flew a guy to las vegas for a kroq tsunami benefit auction in 2004

Dexter_italy
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Ok people, I am human, obviously i handled things wrong. First hearing about Steve Jobs dying of cancer freaked me out. That man had more than enough money to buy a whole new body of stem cells, so when someone like him dies of cancer, shockwaves are felt across all cancer boards.
For those of u who have lost family and friends to cancer, may they rest in peace. I am curious if you were just as mean to them as you are to me

Breast cancer is cureable, still a shittty cancer to have but cureable. I have ovarian cancer, which there is NO CURE for.

For the record i have not asked the offspring for any special treatment or money, nor will I. I just wanted to laugh, smile and have some fun.
I also have never posted "why me" or life isnt fair cause i have cancer or any other whinny bullshit.
If Steve didnt die, i probably would have kept quiet, but when he died, it brought up my fears.

And as for the Offspring. Last week one of my bosses sat me down to talk about what i am doing to help myself. My bosss had concerns. I was told a list of all of the terrible things they have done. My bosss is not an offspring fan, and needed to know my love for the Offspring would not be an issue. After hearing alll that was said, I was disturbed that this group of guys who i thought were great, turned out to be not so great. I left that meeting very disturbed.
oh and as one of you pointed out, the only thing you know about me is that i have cancer, so PLEASE dont ever tell me i dont do things for others or the world, cause i do something everyday for someone else or for the good of all.
I do believe that GOD gave someone like me cancer so i can help find the cure for this ugly beast, i never asked once why me god......just what can i do to help other women in the same position as me. What can i do to keep this disease from taking anymore lives?
For all of you here who need help, be blessed with help u need: if you are too stuborn to ask for help when u need it.

Personally i think all of you need to walk a mile in my shoes before u go judging me and telling me i am no one special, a horrible person....yada yada
haters!

goodbye xoxo

what are the things you boss said that the band did? tell us please...is him a reliable source? if you don't like them as people it's your decision but you can't pretend to come here and attack them as you did without telling any of those facts and without sources.
People here have been mean with you not because of cancer but for the way you acted (and you too said you handled it wrong).

Llamas
10-11-2011, 12:13 PM
You've been acting like this since before Jobs died. Poor excuse.

Nobody is being mean to you at all. You're the one who's calling the Offspring douchebags. How's that not mean? Nobody's called YOU a douchebag.

Jesus christ. People still do die from breast cancer, whether or not it can sometimes be cured. You are really trying to make yourself the ultimate victim here. "I'm sorry your friend died from cancer, but at least her cancer had a possible cure! My cancer is worse, even though your friend died!" Seriously, could you be any meaner?

The Offspring has not done terrible things. Can you list for us these "terrible things" they've done?

This is the very first time you've mentioned wanting to help others... up until this paragraph here, it had all been about why aren't these rich famous people helping you??

Tijs
10-11-2011, 12:34 PM
he also flew a guy to las vegas for a kroq tsunami benefit auction in 2004Also, I think Dexter and Noodles bailed a random person from jail, just for fun? Had to do with some magazine.

Little_Miss_1565
10-11-2011, 12:38 PM

No one is being mean to you. We're just letting you know your behavior isn't acceptable in this instance. There's a difference. And yes, I've done the same thing to my friend with cancer. Cancer is not an excuse to act like a fool, and it's an insult to people with cancer to insist it is.

So why are you talking shit about them now? What part of that involves laughing, smiling or having fun?

Either come out with what these "terrible things" are, or quit accusing them of strangely veiled "terrible things." One or the other. And again, what is your point of accusing them of being shitty people on their own website, backing it up with zero facts, ignoring what they have done for fans and for people in general, and then saying you expect them to do nothing for you personally?

dexter12296566
10-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Yellow I feel very sorry for you but I would like to point something out. my grandfather died last December of cancer that was curable, but it came back. It was in his face and they cut out a lot of his face and he had muscle showing and couldn't even eat. He had used feeding tubes for quite some time, but up until he couldn't leave his bed, he did what he could to help out. He even offered to trim our bushes in the backyard for us because he used to do that every summer. A cousin of my father just died 1 week ago from lung cancer(not kidding). He had lung cancer for a while but her didn't tell the family for quite a while because he didn't want to upset anyone. The former geometry teacher at my school died of cancer in January and he never once asked anyone for help. He always helped others. I don't want to sound like a bitch but a lot of people have cancer. It is impossible for 4 guys to help them all.

Also, Dexter did quite a few things to help out after the tsunami in December of '06(I think it was)[I have that article printed out somewhere] and I read that the money he got for auctioning off his sneakers went to charity and I haven't read a post about this but didn't Gringo Bandito just do a cancer benefit in the last year or so?

GamerKT
10-11-2011, 01:52 PM
First of all, he is not a bro, she is a sis, and who do you think you are, with your 17 posts, to go talk shit about issues of other bbs members you don't know about? Everyone here is not really getting it, you just get pissed because yellow is kind of insulting the band we all like, and you're taking it way too personal, but you're all missing the point... this girl is not desperate about getting attention, she is being desperate about getting a second chance in life, she is not actually whining or insulting the band, it seems whe has nowhere else to go or no one else to talk to, she feels safe in this annonymous board on the internet, and thinking about this saddens me deeply, I can not imagine how does it feel to have a terminal disease, and I've lost important people in my life too, but it's not the same... I encourage you, to let yellow express her rage and feelings and not post anything about what she's doing wrong, because she really knows, but c'mon... give her a break...

Don't be sexist; girls can be bros, too. So, um, I have to spend a certain amount of time on a forum before I can be taken seriously? No.

And I don't care if she hates the band. Copy and paste where I said I had a problem with that. Do it. I'm annoyed because she's making 4-5 posts consisting of "I have cancer. My life sucks. I hate a band because they don't help. Feel bad for me."

Pity-seeking is low. In other circumstances, I'd be happy to give her a hug. I really don't feel like it now.

yellow
10-11-2011, 02:12 PM
I can't repeat.I ca
II am finished
goodbye

Lord Phidias
10-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Meh, this fucking thread has lost meaning... truth is she is being immature and seems desperate, and you guys are taking shit too seriously... I mean... leave her be... whatever... she is trash talking... so what... I don't really give a crap about my idols being taken as selfish rockstars... everyone can say whatever they want... just... think about everything... I don't know how else to put it...

randman21
10-12-2011, 04:58 AM
Meh, this fucking thread has lost meaning... truth is she is being immature and seems desperate, and you guys are taking shit too seriously... I mean... leave her be... whatever... she is trash talking... so what... I don't really give a crap about my idols being taken as selfish rockstars... everyone can say whatever they want... just... think about everything... I don't know how else to put it...
There are a few things wrong with this kind of thinking.

First of all, when someone is flat-out wrong about something (which she is here), don't you want to educate them? For example, sometimes when I hear someone talking about Offspring selling out, I discuss it with them, not because I'm offended, but because they're misinformed and might not know all the facts I do (I only bother with this when the other person is someone I actually know and would surely have to talk about Offspring with again, like the bassist in my band).

The main thing, though, is this is their website. You might not care if someone is calling them douchebags in their own back yard, but I think it's a little messed up, especially when it's based on nothing.

yellow, I'm not sure what you're saying you can't repeat, but if you can't tell us what the horrible things they did are, you have to drop this. It's annoying to those who respect the band as people as well as musicians. This isn't the first time you've done this. Hopefully, it's the last, or at least give us a reason to hate them, too. :P

mrconeman
10-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Nobody is being mean to you at all.

Nah, I was pretty mean.

Llamas
10-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Nah, I was pretty mean.

And yet strangely, you were one of the few people she didn't respond to/target.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if she's a troll. If so, she's quite successful. Way more successful than mario.

yellow
10-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Well everyone failed this grammer lesson. (Unintentional grammer lesson )
I never said I thought the band were douchesbags; I simply asked if they were cause I had heard bad things. I will not repeat what was said cause I am still figuring out truth from rumors.
I apologize to anyone who was offended by my post.

I will never bring up my cancer again

Oxygene
10-13-2011, 07:34 AM
Yellow of all people should be able to appreciate how short life is... if all they did was seek out everyone who kind of likes them who has some sort of serious problem, and help them out, they would not live a single minute. And I think Dexter also transported organs for transplant with his plane or something.. although I am not 100% certain.. anyway. I am sorry that you are sufferint but that attitue you are taking is very shitty. And it isn't going to help you get better.

A positive attitude is number 1 on the checklist to beat cancer... so if you don't change you are more likely than not in for a rough rough ride :(

yellow
10-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Yellow of all people should be able to appreciate how short life is... if all they did was seek out everyone who kind of likes them who has some sort of serious problem, and help them out, they would not live a single minute. And I think Dexter also transported organs for transplant with his plane or something.. although I am not 100% certain.. anyway. I am sorry that you are sufferint but that attitue you are taking is very shitty. And it isn't going to help you get better.

A positive attitude is number 1 on the checklist to beat cancer... so if you don't change you are more likely than not in for a rough rough ride :(

Please stop, who ever u are. U don't know me or anything about what I am going thru.
I apologized, dropped the topic and wrapped it up. I am not asking anyone here for anything. I get it, all of u hate me....

yellow
10-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Also the Offspring are perfect gentleman, great role models. They are awesome.
I was wrong to even question their integrity. I was wrong to talk about cancer,
I am a horrible person with a shitty fucking attitude...and very hated by this forum. I fucked up, nothing else I can do.

Dexter_italy
10-13-2011, 09:42 AM
No you aren't, it's all Dexter's fault, he should have finished the studies and find a treatment for all the diseases in the world... but instead he decided to do music... shame

Little_Miss_1565
10-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Also the Offspring are perfect gentleman, great role models. They are awesome.
I was wrong to even question their integrity. I was wrong to talk about cancer,
I am a horrible person with a shitty fucking attitude...and very hated by this forum. I fucked up, nothing else I can do.

Yellow, please. Drop the self-pity. It will get you nowhere. And no one said the band are perfect gentlemen or great role models. What has been said, though, is that you can't go around spreading hearsay you refuse to back up, and then using the fact that you're fighting cancer as a reason people shouldn't call you out on unacceptable behavior. Fuxsakes, Yellow, you called them douchebags for doing or not doing something that you won't tell us what it is so there's no way to back anything up. That. Is. It.

weezly
10-13-2011, 09:41 PM
if i was terminally ill i would probably say stuff i regret to, its all good yellow
sorry your sick

Lord Phidias
10-13-2011, 11:24 PM
There are a few things wrong with this kind of thinking.

First of all, when someone is flat-out wrong about something (which she is here), don't you want to educate them? For example, sometimes when I hear someone talking about Offspring selling out, I discuss it with them, not because I'm offended, but because they're misinformed and might not know all the facts I do (I only bother with this when the other person is someone I actually know and would surely have to talk about Offspring with again, like the bassist in my band).

The main thing, though, is this is their website. You might not care if someone is calling them douchebags in their own back yard, but I think it's a little messed up, especially when it's based on nothing.

I guess you're right. No, you are actually right, I do agree with most of you, but this:

if i was terminally ill i would probably say stuff i regret to, its all good yellow
sorry your sick

...is the predominant thought in my head. Anyways, I like you, randman :)

Forza
10-14-2011, 01:35 AM
A positive attitude is number 1 on the checklist to beat cancer... (

You either survive or you don't, it has nothing to do with mentality.

Yellow, would you mind saying what you have heard? That would give us the opportunity to affirm or disconfirm it. Else the dicussion remains awkward.

yellow
10-14-2011, 03:14 AM
I'm sorry I can't tell u
I don't feel comfortable. Why is it awkward? Plus the band and forum hate me enough

Ser
10-14-2011, 07:33 AM
You either survive or you don't, it has nothing to do with mentality.

Actually Oxygene is right, the first thing they tell cancer patients (and their families) is to keep a positive attitude, that it can help in your recovery. Though, you are also correct, because your body can only physically fight so much. I had a friend who was a living example of both of these ideas. She battled it three times in a ten year span (successfully putting it into remission twice, remaining positive despite it each time) but her body let her down at the end, basically.

Secondly, any single one of us at any given time can die, whether or not we have a disease like cancer. My brother committed suicide suddenly this Spring, he was fine beforehand but a single wrongful accusation one night sent him spiraling out of control and no one got to say goodbye. A girl I know is currently missing in my town, she went missing a week ago on a two minute walk in an open area from one building to the next. They aren't expecting it to be good. Car accidents, robberies, aneurysms, murders...Let's face it, life sucks and you just have to make the most of whatever crap you can muddle through on any given day, because that's all you know you have for certain. We all have expiry dates.

As far as you go, Yellow, you still have the chance to live with whatever time you have and you have as much time as any single one of us do, be it years or whatever. Do it. Look outside yourself. Spend time with the people who are there for you. Family, friends, co-workers, whatever. Support other cancer patients in their own battles. Get off the computer and explore life. Celebrate what's now. If you feel so depressed that it leads to things like this, go look up support forums where like suffering people are and vent there. Those people will understand because they are currently suffering as well. You can do something, you can live your life right now. Look for what makes you happy.

The band doesn't even know you to hate you. They barely know anyone on this board. Telling people 'oh you hate me' repetitively is a sure fire way to make people annoyed enough to *actually* hate you, or at very least ignore you. And it doesn't make them want to get to know you or support you. Dexter Holland is not some magical knight in shining armor, he can't solve the world's problems. He's just a normal guy who plays some good music and tries to get through his own life as he sees fit. Before anyone asks what he does to help, they should look to see what they do to help.

Also, LM1565 is pretty smart, listen to her. This isn't about you, it's about this thread and how it came across. You said you wanted to drop it, so really drop it, don't keep replying that people hate you, the band hates you, over-the-top comments that the band is perfect, you can't tell, etc.

Tl;Dr: I'm going to go complain about pizza in that GC thread that's way off topic now. God, I hate crappy pizza.

Ryder1234
10-14-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't feel comfortable.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/Rabble4life/vgxc.png

Try being Dexter, he looks like one uncomfortable mofacka

ThunderPX
10-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Damnit, that screencap made me laugh out loud at 1 AM.

Little_Miss_1565
10-14-2011, 04:44 PM
I also lol'd

Llamas
10-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Hahahahaha Ryder!

Actually Oxygene is right, the first thing they tell cancer patients (and their families) is to keep a positive attitude, that it can help in your recovery. Though, you are also correct, because your body can only physically fight so much. I had a friend who was a living example of both of these ideas. She battled it three times in a ten year span (successfully putting it into remission twice, remaining positive despite it each time) but her body let her down at the end, basically.

Secondly, any single one of us at any given time can die, whether or not we have a disease like cancer. My brother committed suicide suddenly this Spring, he was fine beforehand but a single wrongful accusation one night sent him spiraling out of control and no one got to say goodbye. A girl I know is currently missing in my town, she went missing a week ago on a two minute walk in an open area from one building to the next. They aren't expecting it to be good. Car accidents, robberies, aneurysms, murders...Let's face it, life sucks and you just have to make the most of whatever crap you can muddle through on any given day, because that's all you know you have for certain. We all have expiry dates.

As far as you go, Yellow, you still have the chance to live with whatever time you have and you have as much time as any single one of us do, be it years or whatever. Do it. Look outside yourself. Spend time with the people who are there for you. Family, friends, co-workers, whatever. Support other cancer patients in their own battles. Get off the computer and explore life. Celebrate what's now. If you feel so depressed that it leads to things like this, go look up support forums where like suffering people are and vent there. Those people will understand because they are currently suffering as well. You can do something, you can live your life right now. Look for what makes you happy.

The band doesn't even know you to hate you. They barely know anyone on this board. Telling people 'oh you hate me' repetitively is a sure fire way to make people annoyed enough to *actually* hate you, or at very least ignore you. And it doesn't make them want to get to know you or support you. Dexter Holland is not some magical knight in shining armor, he can't solve the world's problems. He's just a normal guy who plays some good music and tries to get through his own life as he sees fit. Before anyone asks what he does to help, they should look to see what they do to help.

Also, LM1565 is pretty smart, listen to her. This isn't about you, it's about this thread and how it came across. You said you wanted to drop it, so really drop it, don't keep replying that people hate you, the band hates you, over-the-top comments that the band is perfect, you can't tell, etc.

Tl;Dr: I'm going to go complain about pizza in that GC thread that's way off topic now. God, I hate crappy pizza.

And who might you be, familiar sir or madam?

weezly
10-15-2011, 06:40 AM
how old are you yellow?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
10-17-2011, 06:06 PM
From reading this thread, i discovered that all my opinions are invalid until I get a certain amount of posts. :) I'm going to be a more active member now.

Yellow, ahh nevermind I have too much homework to type a long paragraph. Basically i agree with what the majority of people have said, especially 15-65.

And I lol'd at the Da Hui pic

randman21
10-17-2011, 06:18 PM
from reading this thread, i discovered that all my opinions are invalid until i get a certain amount of posts. :) i'm going to be a more active member now.

Yellow, ahh nevermind i have too much homework to type a long paragraph. Basically i agree with what the majority of people have said, especially 15-65.

And i lol'd at the da hui pic
SILENCE! No more posts until you have more posts!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
10-17-2011, 08:08 PM

hahaha okay. I will wait for my "post-count" to increase before I make another post (there's gotta be a hack for that somewhere). I'm still not done my homework anyways.

Lord Phidias
10-17-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm kind of starting to think yellow prefers negative feedback, she hasn't said anything about positive comments... it could be anything, I'm just guessing...

mrconeman
10-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Well everyone failed this grammer lesson. (Unintentional grammer lesson )

Grammar*.
It's spelled Grammar.

yellow
10-19-2011, 04:21 AM
I'm kind of starting to think yellow prefers negative feedback, she hasn't said anything about positive comments... it could be anything, I'm just guessing...

No I don't like negative remarks. I did absolutely loved your positive comments in your first post! But. Everyone has the right to their own opinions
I don't really know what to say. Reading this thread made me feel like I was a horrible person. Everything I said got taken wrong.
Someone hear suggested to go hang with my friends, and stay away from here. So I did. I do live downtown LA. I have a social life; but also a lot of free time.
1565 said not to post any more in this thread, she doesn't like what I posted; I get a feeling she doesn't like me.
Who ever asked how old I am, 37 years old.
I posted this thread on this forum, out of respect for the offspring. My other choices to find out the truth was Facebook, twitter, or tmz.

Little_Miss_1565
10-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Yellow, I'm not sure what you mean by everything you said here got taken wrong. You inferred they were douchebags for doing or not doing something, and said shadowy figure somewhere in the entertainment industry said they had a reputation for not doing some sort of charity work. (Though, do you have any idea how many d-bags there are in the entertainment industry who will slag others for not kissing their ass and kowtowing to their pet causes? How do we know this isn't a case of that?)

I asked you to stop posting if you were going to keep up with this "did they or didn't they" business, because if you're not going to come right out and say what this person said, then you're just doing this to draw attention to yourself. I did not ask you to stop posting because I don't like you, and I've stuck up for you a lot on this forum, which I generally don't do if I don't like someone. But if you want to tell yourself that I don't like you, which I'm guessing you do, be my guest.

BTW - Posting anonymously attributed rumors a band on their own website is not something generally done out of respect.

mrconeman
10-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Yeah, that was something I meant to say earlier, Yellow - I don't know how much of your shtick I believe, and how much of it I don't. I'm pretty damn certain you didn't hear anything about the band being douchebags though, and you've thrown that in there to support your original, ridiculous point.

weezly
10-19-2011, 09:30 PM
if your on death row, you will be upset, when your upset you may lash out at the wrong people. why cant n e one get that? dont be mean to a cancer patient...

Little_Miss_1565
10-19-2011, 09:49 PM
if your on death row, you will be upset, when your upset you may lash out at the wrong people. why cant n e one get that? dont be mean to a cancer patient...

Cancer patients don't get carte blanche to behave in inappropriate ways. More to the point, my last post and the one after it were not being mean. Being firm and not allowing particular behavior is not "being mean."

danitanev
10-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Yellow, my man - if you couldn't see what somebody's doing it doesn't mean that it (or she or they) is (or are) doing nothing. The really good and nice people are never gonna go out and scream - Hey we've helped a poor one (or a sick one or whatsoever)! So don't bother yourself thinking about what The Offspring did. I bet that they do what they can and more than you could imagine. But anyway - first of all they are artists - they do music, music that we use to make our lives better, to understand the world better, to feel that we're not alone, to get energized, to laugh and to cry, to say what we think of! You said you bougth every CD and went to 14 concerts - so what? A lot of people did it (me too, plus I bought a guitar and a computer, CD player, t-shirts - I prefered to do that even instead of buying clothes and even food or other, though I never went to a concert, just because I live in a poor country in eastern Europe - Bulgaria, they never came here, but I don't blame anyone for that) and probably a lot of people did more than you. So now just because you bougth these CD's and went to concerts and now you think The Offspring have to be the guys you want them to be?! Well you're wrong and if you don't like them - what are you doing here?
Let me tell you now what I think - I think The Offspring are Great as artists and as people. They always show respect to the other bands and musiciants - they are always joking, laughing, there is always some good message in their lyrics, they are never too vulgar. I'm sure they've helped a lot to other artists and to other people too, they've helped me with too their music - to me just to know that they exist is the Greatest think they could do. And I Thank them for that. What a man (or The Offspring) can do with his heart and soul - the money can't do it.
So, You can keep your thoughts for yourself Yellow - they don't change what I think or feel about The Offspring and I believe that someday you'll find out that you're not right.
Anyway - in the end - you're free to say what you think and I am too. All the best to You and I hope tomorrow you'll be looking at the world in a much more positive way! :)
PS - Yellow - if your health is not good - don't feel mad to The Offspring or to us - we're not your enemies, we're your friends and nobody hates you - believe me. If we can't help with money, at least we can say that we support you in any other way. So stay cool and be strong - I know it's easy to say it! We never know when our time is going to end or what is going to happend next - all we can do is to believe. Every second that we have is a gift, a precious time, so live it!

danitanev
10-20-2011, 02:13 AM
[QUOTE=yellow;1443714] .....

And as for the Offspring. Last week one of my bosses sat me down to talk about what i am doing to help myself. My bosss had concerns. I was told a list of all of the terrible things they have done. My bosss is not an offspring fan, and needed to know my love for the Offspring would not be an issue. After hearing alll that was said, I was disturbed that this group of guys who i thought were great, turned out to be not so great. I left that meeting very disturbed.....

It is very weird that you believe in your boss's words that much (do you know what kind of person he is?), plus you never said what are these terrible things. I have to say even if my mom tells me they are not good I won't believe her 100% - even if she lives or works next to them. People say a lot of things - sometimes they say something good when it's not good and sometimes, something bad when it's good, sometimes they say what we want to hear, sometimes what we don't want to, sometimes they don't even know what they are saying. If you love somebody truly - you love it even if it is not that good. It's important what you feel inside, not what somebody tells you to feel.
PS - I remembered a part from Genocide where The Offspring sing - ... I bet you'd only run if you saw what goes inside our own ... - to me that means every single person has some dark thoughts or feelings inside and if we could see them we'll be very scared, but what's important is to control ourselves, to believe world is going to be a better place and to make it better.
And as an end I want to say that - even if the World hates me I'd still love it, even if everyone does bad to me I would still do good! :)

yellow
10-20-2011, 05:57 AM
1565,maybe I am misunderstood what u say. Normally u & I are cool. I understand your doing yuor job, but to be honest your post hurt me the most. I still like you and on some level be friends with u.
This entire thread got out of hand, my fault; please forgive me
I still love the offspring no matter what.

Pink floyd-time
The time has come
The song is over
I thought I had something more to say

Lord Phidias
10-20-2011, 05:12 PM
1565,maybe I am misunderstood what u say. Normally u & I are cool. I understand your doing yuor job, but to be honest your post hurt me the most. I still like you and on some level be friends with u.
This entire thread got out of hand, my fault; please forgive me
I still love the offspring no matter what.

Pink floyd-time
The time has come
The song is over
I thought I had something more to say

In my opinion, this last post should close the thread. No more lectures on yellow, please, she gets it.

SåS
11-18-2011, 12:46 AM

I remember thinking this exact same thing on my old account.
If you're not above 500 posts, your argument/opinion is invalid.

Okay, back on topic.
I haven't been a member for too long. And I've seen a lot of hostility on here.
But this is ridiculous ....