PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Splinter???

Russian-Offspringer
02-08-2005, 11:20 AM
I think it's not punk, it's pop-punk... I have only 1 song in this album, which I like- Head around you... Write your opinin please... ;)

offspring4ever
02-08-2005, 11:25 AM
unfortunately, it is pop-punk..but I still like it.
noose, head around u, lighting rod are great songs.

Camilamazed
02-08-2005, 11:32 AM
A great album with FUCKING GREAT lyrics..... :D

offspring4ever
02-08-2005, 11:46 AM
A great album with FUCKING GREAT lyrics..... :D

I can't say that it has ''FUCKING GREAT lyrics''...they're good, but not like SMASH or Ixnay.

Swill
02-08-2005, 11:51 AM
I like spilnter in general, its no smash but......what wer you expecting????
________
Xxx Tube Videos (http://www.fucktube.com/)

Floyd the Barber
02-08-2005, 11:58 AM
I don't think it's any more pop-punk than any of their other albums. Regardless, I like it a lot.

I don't know
02-08-2005, 11:58 AM
I really like splinter, love all the songs(except when you're in prison), it's a very good album

Naz
02-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Its okay, not their best. Theres a few songs I love on it, and others (damn prison song) that I dont really like.

There have been so many albums out the past year I wanted, so it's kinda been at the back of my playlist.

offspring4ever
02-08-2005, 12:02 PM
I don't think it's any more pop-punk than any of their other albums. Regardless, I like it a lot.

I don't think so.
I'd put only 'Splinter' and 'Americana' in pop-punk category.

GBH2
02-08-2005, 12:19 PM
i don't think it's pop-punk.

pop punk is like green day and good charlotte and shit...

it's not pop-punk.

I don't know
02-08-2005, 12:20 PM

punk punk is like green day and good charlotte and shit...

it's not pop-punk.
I agree with u

Dexter_Kyle
02-08-2005, 12:24 PM
I think Splinter is great, but i'm expecting more hard-punk on the next album...could that be possible ?? more stuff like smash or ignition...that it's not so directed to anyone..you know what i mean...not pop-punk shit

Subsidal
02-08-2005, 12:36 PM
It rocks http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/StreetTeam/Smilies/smilie.bmp

Tired_Of_You
02-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Splinter is really good. The Noose, Race Against Myself and Lightning Rod are my favorites. Although this album has many great songs, there's also the Worst Hangover Ever that makes me feel like I have a hangover. I find it terrible. The album is also too short. We waited 3 years for an album of 30 minutes. But anyway, it's still a good album and I think it's better than Conspiracy Of One.

noodlesdec25
02-08-2005, 12:43 PM

punk punk is like green day and good charlotte and shit...

it's not pop-punk.

Yeah Thats Right.....Offspring is not pop punk....its simply punk rock ....popular punk rock but musically not pop .........like the ramones, the sex pistols, a little nofx

noodlesdec25
02-08-2005, 12:47 PM
I think Splinter is great, but i'm expecting more hard-punk on the next album...could that be possible ?? more stuff like smash or ignition...that it's not so directed to anyone..you know what i mean...not pop-punk shit

Maybe im an ignorant but da hui is very hard punk, lighting rod id a very hard dark song.....the noose too... race against myself too, long way home is very punk with good lyrics and never gonna find me is a kind of clasic californian punk song............in conclusion i think splinter is one of the punkest albums of the offspring

DA KOE
02-08-2005, 01:02 PM
yeah, splinter is one of the best albums the offspring ever made. sure, we´ve waited about 3 years, for an album wich just is 30 minutes long, but hey! i think every song on splinter is fantastic, ok, everyone in it´s one way but if i listen to the americana or the conpiracy i can´t say that every song (and i really mean EVERY SONG!) is awesome! and it´s not "POP" for example listen to da hui or the race against myself, if you think, that is pop, than you´re really insane!

Embodude2004
02-08-2005, 01:44 PM
i think its barly punk but just a little bit. its more plain rock mixed with goth

Shroud
02-08-2005, 02:27 PM
The problem with Splinter is, for every good song, there is always a bad one. There are the good ones, then there are the pure pop, not to mention irritating, ones. I also believe this album is too short, but about the waiting, I don't know, I got into The Offspring last year.

It's no Ixnay!

Jack the Tripper
02-08-2005, 02:48 PM
I think Splinter is awesome. Of course I think they all are though. The only songs I don' like on Splinter are The Worst Hangover Ever and When You're In Prison.

punkconspiracy
02-10-2005, 01:49 AM
I reckon the band are getting better, but at the same time they're getting worse. Dont know if that makes sense but I'll try to explain;

the better songs on Splinter, such as the Noose and Cant Get my Head Around You, are some of the best songs of the Offspring's career, whereas Splinter also has some of the worser songs that the band have ever done, including Worst Hangover Ever, Spare me the Details etc. I think Splinter could've been the best album the band had ever done, and they even could've gotten away with putting When your in Prison on it if they'd just whacked it in as a hidden track at the end.

splinter would've been better if it'd been longer, and all the songs had been of sorta the same genre. I reckon without a doubt the Noose was the standout track on the album. I can only hope the next Offspring full length album is less of a disappointment.

Rain Girl
02-10-2005, 02:45 AM
Too long, didn't read.
Oh, and I personally love Splinter, especially WORST HANGOVER EVER and SPARE ME THE DETAILS and WHEN YOU'RE IN PRISON. Ha!

Iddy
02-10-2005, 03:15 AM
its a good album... i don't care (beyond it now at this stage) whether its punk or not, its still the offspring and the sounds still there.. if it was a huge change then we'd have to complain.

my favourite songs would have to be the noose, hit that (first song to get me dancing like that in years :)), head round you and da hui

Chainsaw
02-10-2005, 04:14 AM
the only song i don't really like on splinter is the worst hangover ever...i like every other song on the album, especially the noose. When you're in prison is funny in its own way

offspring4ever
02-10-2005, 04:41 AM
I keep wondering why did they put 'When you're in prison' in the album. Maybe just to make Splinter last longer?

NMHFBD
02-10-2005, 06:59 AM
If U Think Splinter Is A Pop Punk Album Then U Must Be A Stupid Dumbass.

JohnnyNemesis
02-10-2005, 07:02 AM
All of their albums are pop-punk. The Offspring are a pop-punk band. And a damn fuckin' good one too.

What's funny is that this guy picks one of the most blatantly pop tracks on the album as one of his favorites (Can't Get My Head Around You).

Splinter is an amazing CD.

JohnnyNemesis
02-10-2005, 07:05 AM
I don't think so.
I'd put only 'Splinter' and 'Americana' in pop-punk category.

And not Conpsiracy Of One? Every single song on that album was pop-punk, especially Want You Bad, Vultures, Million Miles Away, One Fine Day, and Original Prankster, and...well, if I keep going, I'll name 'em all! How are Splinter and Americana pop-punk, but not Co1? :confused:

Internet_Maniac
02-10-2005, 10:01 AM
You know guys, Offspring thats Offspring and punk rock or pop-punk or the other, thats really doesnt matter. So the question in general is really stupid, the most important thing, that's we love this band and it's cool! Punk for real!

MoRoChA_DeW
02-11-2005, 06:22 PM
i agree its kinda pop-punk, but still i really like it, great improve compare to CO1, at least thats what i think... i really like race against myself, the noose... and well, worst hangover ever and when your're in prison which i consider sooo funny

Moose
02-11-2005, 11:50 PM
i like splinter...i pretty much accepted the fact that the offspring's prime was ignition, smash, and ixnay, but im an offspring fan so i love all the albums...for a normal music fan, those 3 will be more than fine for them...

dexter has tried to mix it up, but keep that familiar sound, and it has hurt and helped in certain parts, which is why we got mixed albums with americana, co1, and splinter...each of these cds have their great songs and then average songs, and then even bad songs like walla walla...however overall each album is solid...

ixnay is the offspring's most creative album and has been hard to top creatively since then. doesnt mean its their best, just most creative.

so basically the offspring can decide to go back to really hard punk like ignition and smash or go total bizarre and really experimental with some punk, but basically eliminating that "pop" sound for good.

personally i wasnt to crazy about the ending to splinter with when youre in prison at first, but it really is an interesting, crazy way to end an album...lightning rod really is the only other song that could have ended the album anyway.

BobdaAlkoholic
02-12-2005, 07:51 AM
This album is awesome with the acception of Hit That, Worst HAngover And WHen You're In Prison. If those 3 songs weren't on it and the album was longer and The Noose was the first single it'd be my fav.

Qoo
02-12-2005, 08:09 AM
I think the album is very good :D , but not the best for me. :p
Cheers. :)

offspring4ever
02-12-2005, 08:10 AM
This album is awesome with the acception of Hit That, Worst HAngover And WHen You're In Prison. If those 3 songs weren't on it and the album was longer and The Noose was the first single it'd be my fav.

Exactly. What about spare me the details? I didn't like that one so much.

Great Satan
02-12-2005, 12:12 PM
I think Splinter rocks. All the songs are good.

Aimeht
02-13-2005, 04:50 AM
It's not the greatest album... But I do like it, the lyrics are cool. I hope the new material is more like the other albums. Like...Ixnay...

offspring4ever
02-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Yeah, like the older stuff...

wisefool
02-13-2005, 08:12 AM
i like it, its new and different to the offsprings other albums

americanidiot
02-13-2005, 08:31 AM
it kicks ass

Dead Poet
02-13-2005, 08:33 AM
everyone has to admit that each Offspring album is different. Each has it's own sound.

bouncingcoles
02-13-2005, 09:28 AM
eh splinter has some great songs on it, like cant get my head arond you and the noose. but i hope the next album will be way better.

FuckingHardcoreBitch
02-13-2005, 11:08 AM
sorry, i hate this album !

couple of good songs…the rest a unlistenable to me…mostly because you can hear the band being bored on this album, no passion to me…

stathis21
02-13-2005, 11:16 AM
its a great album but is too small!!!!! :eek:

nickspring-82
02-14-2005, 10:14 AM
hmmm guess the music listening vibe is off with some...this clearly is far more traditional punk than anything weve seen from offspring since ignition,e.g listen to " Long Way home ".. there is not a hint of pop on splinter, its raw and except for hit that, a needed catchy song, it just doesnt get anymore punk from this band that needs to be true to their "now" fans, who buy the records most, as old idiot fans grow bitter, blame Brett my friends.. :cool:

JohnnyNemesis
02-14-2005, 11:02 AM
^If you think "Spare Me The Details" is pure punk, you have at least a few screws loose!

saska de o...
02-14-2005, 11:43 AM
i like Splinter.. good lyrics

*Twitch*
02-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Well i think splinter is a bit like Ixnay on the hombre as theres more feeling in some of the songs, (e.g. Race against myself) if that makes sence (it does in my head)
But u gotta luv Da Hui. . .and the rest.