PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL thread 2011

Llamas
10-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Awesome season so far - and not just saying that cause I'm a Packer fan. Love that the Bills have come out of nowhere! Love that the Lions have their first 4-0 start in like 20 years (and hope they make it 5-0 tonight against da Bears)! Love that the Ravens are soaring over the Steelers for once! Sad that Peyton is hurt, though not disappointed to see the Colts losing. LOLing at the "Dream Team"... way to be 1-4.

The playoffs are gonna be exciting, I can already feel it. And as a Packer fan, I love that our biggest divisional enemy is the Lions for the first time in my life. Cause I'd actually be cool with the Lions taking us out and making it to their first Super Bowl ever. Unlikely, though... considering they only have 3 real weapons in Stafford, Suh, and CJ.

What's up with the Jets, Ricky? The only Jets game I've caught so far was last night's, and it was painful watching the Pats run all over the defense...

Haven't caught a single Bucs game, but what's going on with Freeman?? He was such an up-and-comer last year... I ended up dropping him from my fantasy as my backup qb because he was bringing in such dismal numbers.

bighead384
10-10-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm pissed about the Eagles. Another loss within the next few weeks and the season is literally a lost cause, if it isn't already.

I'm glad the 49ers are finally doing well again...I like that team.

Al Coholic
10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Freeman's timing is off. He's taking a little too long to get his throws off, or hesitates. He'll get the rythym of it as the season progresses. He was awesome last year, but that was the result of averaging being good in the first half of the season and incredible in the latter part.

(Good + incredible) / 2 = Awesome

Coachings a lot to blame. We got blown out of the water against the niners because they saw every pass coming. We were predictable. They'd literally put themselves way out of position on a play then run half-blindly across the field to get an interception. Who the hell ever heard of baiting an interception from across the field? Guys who did their film study, that's who. Props to the niners.

O-line's also spotty, and the running game is one dimensional.

Thomas
10-10-2011, 08:59 PM
I have some faith in my Raiders having a good season. I'm not expecting a Superbowl, but definitely a good season. As long as they beat the Chargers, I'm happy (my gf's a big Chargers fan).

Right now, though, I'm super happy for the Lions. Their success this year is incredible looking back at where they were just a few seasons ago.

JohnnyNemesis
10-23-2011, 08:10 PM
62 points.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Curtis Painter kinda looks like bd007h.

Sidewinder
10-24-2011, 02:00 AM
62 goddamn points.

I'm finally feeling better about the Falcons after their slow start.

Llamas
10-24-2011, 06:56 AM
Damn. I didn't watch that game, but I feel bad for the Colts. Their fans, however, deserve this a bit after year of gloating and acting like they're awesome for being such die-hard fans. Of course, as a Packer fan, I'm no saint... but at least I've had to stick by my team in years with losing records ('05, '06, '08). Plus I am and always have been a Broncos fan, so there you go. I don't like bandwagoning fans, which is hard to avoid when your team just won the super bowl.

Speaking of the Broncos, Tim Tebow pulls off an overtime win over the Dolphins and now people can't stop talking about him like he's the second coming of Jesus. I mean, seriously - the *Dolphins*. The team with a back-up quarterback and a winless season so far. Get back to me when Tim Tebow manages a real win over an adequate team. I still won't like Tebow, but I could handle it if he actually did something substantial. I'm still pissed at the Broncos organization for not investing in any protection for their QB, trading away their top receiver, and then having the nerve to blame Orton for the losses. Wake up, Denver.

Apathy
10-24-2011, 10:46 AM
It's still pretty insane. Literally EVERYTHING had to go perfectly right for them to win that game. Twoish minutes left. Touchdown, onside kick recovery, touchdown, two point conversion, defensive stop, field goal.

Think about how many unlikely things took place. I've never liked Tebow, and I hated that they were calling to bench Orton, but it was still a fun win for them. (I mean...in my opinion if they hadn't have traded Lloyd and benched orton they probably wouldn't have been down 15 points to begin with, but hey.)

Also, Lions drop two in a row. I'm worried about them, and the Bills. Everyone was so fired up about their hot starts....but I can see them both falling apart a little bit as the season goes on. They've both got good cores and the Lions have one of the best Defensive Lines I've ever seen, at least on paper, but neither team is used to success to the point where they can close out games, despite the big comeback wins.

As for the bucs, I hope Blount comes back soon. I like that guy.

coke_a_holic
10-24-2011, 10:56 AM
lol the Redskins lol

Al Coholic
10-24-2011, 04:12 PM
The Redskins of traded away Cambell, who never had a good recieving core, good line, or the same OC two years in a row(literally, not untill this season, and now the poor guys injured).

The Redskins who then traded away Mcnabb and failed to draft or trade for or sign any QB. They gave the keys to Rex Grossman. Great preseason, they said.

Besides Kevin Kolb and Carson Palmer, there were other options. Vince Young? Josh Johnson? Matt Moore? Matt Haselbeck? Jake Delhomme? Jesus Christ, David Garrard is still a free agent.

bighead384
10-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Man, prime time football has slotted some shitty games the past 3 or 4 weeks. Doesn't flex scheduling start yet?

Llamas
10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Man, prime time football has slotted some shitty games the past 3 or 4 weeks. Doesn't flex scheduling start yet?

Pretty much all season the MNF games have been shit. Week one: Denver Oakland. Horrid. Tons of penalties, embarrassingly low score. Week two: St Louis Giants. Unbalanced matchup in so many ways. Week 3: Washington Dallas. This could've been good since it's a divisional game, but both teams kinda suck. Wasn't that the game that Dallas won by kicking a shitload of field goals? Week 4 had a decent game, Tampa vs Indy. In theory should've been awesome... both teams are underwhelming this year, but they could've have predicted that when they made the schedule. Week 5 Chicago vs Detroit was the best MNF game so far. Week 6 Miami vs Jets. Seriously? I mean, sure, divisional game... but seriously? And last night's... wtf... didn't go the way any of us expected, but what a dumb match-up to put in the MNF time slot.

bighead384
10-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Pretty much all season the MNF games have been shit. Week one: Denver Oakland. Horrid. Tons of penalties, embarrassingly low score. Week two: St Louis Giants. Unbalanced matchup in so many ways. Week 3: Washington Dallas. This could've been good since it's a divisional game, but both teams kinda suck. Wasn't that the game that Dallas won by kicking a shitload of field goals? Week 4 had a decent game, Tampa vs Indy. In theory should've been awesome... both teams are underwhelming this year, but they could've have predicted that when they made the schedule. Week 5 Chicago vs Detroit was the best MNF game so far. Week 6 Miami vs Jets. Seriously? I mean, sure, divisional game... but seriously? And last night's... wtf... didn't go the way any of us expected, but what a dumb match-up to put in the MNF time slot.

All true, but I was also talking about the Sunday Night slot too. I don't remember exactly, but I wanna say about 4 or 5 out of the 7 games have sucked and/or featured irrelevant teams. Like the Colts, which the NFL figured would be a safe bet, until of course Manning got injured for the year. It's a bummer, I like to go out at night and watch football, or come home from work at night to watch the end of a game.

Sidewinder
10-31-2011, 10:10 PM
LOL SAINTS LOL.

LOL

SAINTS

SAINTS

LOL

NFC South totes up for grabs.

Apathy
11-01-2011, 12:10 AM
So I'm in this eliminator pool in which you pick one winner of one game a week. The catch is that after you've picked a team you can't pick them again, (so once you've picked all the really good teams a bit tougher) but anyway, this week I wanted to go with the eagles. They were coming off the bye, and of course andy reid is notoriously undefeated coming off the bye. They're also behind in the division, and needed a win to stay relevant. They're way too talented and hungry to keep losing. Meanwhile, the cowboys had just won a game. (It's a general rule of mine that if a team wins big one week they're less safe the next.)

It's a shame I didn't follow my own rule. My friends convinced me that New Orleans was the safer pick. 62 points last week they said. Facing another winless team they said. Fucking AJ Feeley is starting they said.

And what do the saints do? Of course. I knew they were no stranger to losing mind-boggling games to shitty teams, (Hello Seattle?) but I had some misplaced faith I guess.

Fucking saints. I managed to stay alive in the pool until week 8. There were only three people left.

I still think they'll win the division.

Llamas
11-01-2011, 12:57 AM
What I love is how people act about the NFL, as though each individual game completely changes how good a team is. Last week, the Saints (and the Broncos, for some retarded reason) were being hailed as amazing. Now this week, people are saying Tebow is the worst QB in the NFL, and the Saints are no longer the #2 team in the NFC. Because of one game. For some reason, I find that so incredibly dumb.

Anyway, I love how many divisions are totally up for grabs. Other than the Packers, not a single team has really been able to sell themselves as awesome. I love that in 5 divisions, 3 teams are tied or pretty much tied (actually, in the NFC East, all four teams), and halfway through the season, it's hard to tell who's gonna make the playoffs. This season could come down to a lot of final games and tie breakers. It's gonna be competitive.

I do think that Saints will still be able to win the South, though; oftentimes when a good team comes up against a shitty team, they overestimate themselves and expect the easy win. I think the Saints did the same thing with the Seahawks last year. Maybe that's their thing; maybe they lose to crap teams because they expect to win so easily. That normally shouldn't hurt them in the playoffs, though, unless they happen to be up against a 8-8 team (or were they 7-9?) again.

I also think it's amusing that both NFC Wild Cards would come from the NFC North if the season ended now. That would be awesome.

Finally, the Pats got hosed by the refs in their game. I didn't care who won that game really, but what terrible officiating! First they ruled Gronkowski's TD not a TD, which meant they took another 2 minutes from their 4 remaining actually getting the TD... leaving them with only 2 min left to get the ball back and get another one. Then the refs failed to call Polamalu's super obvious ball slap into the endzone... had they called that, well I dunno the rules here, but I think the play might've been reversed because the ball slap messed with who ended up getting possession of that fumble. Had he not done that, a Patriot could've landed on it much easier. Plus there was a big ol' facemask earlier in the game that was ignored or not noticed. Terrible refs, and even though I don't like them, the Pats deserved to have won that one. They only lost by a TD and the safety that was caused by an illegal hit from Polamalu. They totally could've made up that difference with some decent refs.

Al Coholic
11-02-2011, 09:44 AM
What I love is how people act about the NFL, as though each individual game completely changes how good a team is.
So now that Tebow played an awful game everyone's calling him terrible, a huge bust, etc.

In fact, because of a fumbled snap people are asking (on ESPN) if Phillip Rivers is going to now deteriorate and this was the turning point of the downslide of his career. It does get a little rediculous how much they read into nothing.

Sidewinder
11-02-2011, 02:19 PM
I think one wildcard at least will emerge from the NFC South. Last year we had the same situation where the Bucs/Falcons/Saints were all in line to go the playoffs but the Falcons/Saints were just a little more consistent and able to keep pace over the talented but unpolished Bucs. It may not be the same two teams in the same order this year, but I think one of the three teams will fall off and it will reflect in the record of the other two.

Al Coholic
11-02-2011, 05:55 PM
If the Bucs beat the Saints this week, then there's really no telling. Considering that we'll have a tiebreaker on them, the whole division could come down to who fucks up and drops a game against Carolina. Which, given our history, could possibly be all three of us.

Llamas
11-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Current bit of amusement: people arguing that various teams haven't proven themselves because they haven't beaten anybody good. Funny thing about this season is that there's a ridiculously low number of teams that are unarguably good. Every team except the Packers has suffered some sort of embarrassing loss at this point. Patriots lost to Buffalo and NYG... Pitts lost badly to Balt, and then again to Balt... but Balt lost to Jacksonville and nearly lost to Zona. SF and Cinci don't have any wins that really prove anything, either... but their records are good.

The entire AFC is up for grabs... so who can a team even play in order to prove themselves? We're halfway through the season and only two divisions really have a clear leader... maybe you can count the Giants, too, but not really.

The teams in the NFC South and AFC West keep beating one another, and it's annoying. Looking forward to NO vs Atlanta, though.

As for my Packers, it's time to stop being excited and proud, and focus on the fact that outside of the INTs, the DEFENSE IS NOT GOOD. Jesus, now we've barely beaten NO, Minnesota, Carolina, and SD. Two of those teams are totally respectable, but dude. We beat Minnesota because they were dumb enough to punt instead of go for it on 4th down with less than 2 min left. Some of these wins are just not convincing, and if we keep it up, we're gonna have the 2009 Wild Card game vs the Cardinals again - an offensive shootout that ends with a dumb mistake... which could've been prevented by actually having a defense.

And as for my second favorite team, I hate to see Tim Tebow doing well, but dang. I do love to see the Broncos win. Mcgahee is awesome. Still sure Tebow is not gonna be the answer, but outside his atrocious completion stats, the rest are pretty good. He's only started three games now and already has 3 TDs... only thrown one INT... however he gets sacked a LOT. Way too much. I miss Orton and still hate Tebow as a person, but maybe he can do something for the team... at least get the ball rolling.

Al Coholic
11-07-2011, 08:04 AM
I hate to see Tim Tebow doing well

That's retarded.

As far as Tebow goes, he might just have the worst supporting cast in all of football. With a shitty O-line, recieving core with no go-to guy (they traded Llyod) and spotty running game, he has little to go on. Remember that Mcgahee was out when he was playing his most horrible. He's also from a college system that does not make one very NFL ready. He's had 1 offseason and started what, 6 games? So in addition he's basically a rookie.

I'm not saying I like Tebow. I don't. I think that being the 15th best QB in the league is the limit of his potential. And I find the media craze about him annoying, but what's worse are people labeling him a bust too fast. Blaine Gabbert's started as many games with a better supporting cast and played worse, yet he gets a free pass. When it comes to Tebow, just be patient.

Llamas
11-07-2011, 08:29 AM
That's retarded.

Why? There are no players in a sport who you dislike enough that you don't like to see them getting tons of praise? Beyond that, I don't like it because it'll mean Orton's likely to lose his job, and I like and respect Orton.

As far as Tebow goes, he might just have the worst supporting cast in all of football. With a shitty O-line, recieving core with no go-to guy (they traded Llyod) and spotty running game, he has little to go on. Remember that Mcgahee was out when he was playing his most horrible. He's also from a college system that does not make one very NFL ready. He's had 1 offseason and started what, 6 games? So in addition he's basically a rookie.
Decker is an unheard of gem. I watched him when he played for my shitty college and was one of the very few highlights that kept us from going winless. He never started last year, so this is his first year and he is good. Shitty idea to trade Lloyd - seriously don't know what they were thinking - but why isn't Decker getting ANY love?

Knowshon Moreno is a perfectly competent RB, as well. The Broncos suffer mostly from having a crappy O-line, not *enough* targets (basically Decker and Royal), and no secondary. Minus the QB, I'd take their offense over the Bears'.

I'm not saying I like Tebow. I don't. I think that being the 15th best QB in the league is the limit of his potential. And I find the media craze about him annoying, but what's worse are people labeling him a bust too fast. Blaine Gabbert's started as many games with a better supporting cast and played worse, yet he gets a free pass. When it comes to Tebow, just be patient.
I'm not labeling him a bust; I just can't stand him as a person. It's too early to tell if he'll succeed or not. I didn't praise him in the win over the Dolphins, nor did I boo him in the loss to Detroit. I just can't stand the guy and would much rather see Orton keep his spot as the organization focuses on fixing the O-line and the secondary.

Llamas
11-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Hahaha the Eagles are so bad. "Dream Team"... accurate, if you dream of sucking. When is Mike Vick gonna cry again about how the refs aren't fair to him? I may hate the Bears more than any other team, but it's still funny.

victory12
11-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Curtis Painter kinda looks like bd007h.

'm finally feeling better about the Falcons after their slow start.

Al Coholic
11-09-2011, 10:00 AM
'm finally feeling better about the Falcons after their slow start.

Allright I will. But I have nothing to add to that.

PS Llama - so you pretty much hate everyone the media loves? I mean, Favre, Tebow, Eagles...you pretty much just shit on anything overrated. It really sounds like the only reason you don't like Tebow is because a lot of other people do. Believe me, he's well hated too.

BTW, the Eagles aren't that bad. Every year there's that trendy superbowl pick. Last year it was the Jets. Before that, a lot of people like the Cowboys.

I remember when the Dolphins got Culpepper and everyone picked them for a superbowl team. This was, ofcourse, after Culpepper had a Moss-induced 39 touchdown season (like 3rd or 4th most in all time at the time) and was thought to be an elite QB. I think that year they had a losing record.

Sometimes they're right. I remember after the 03 season the Pats got Corey Dillon. We all thought man, the only thing this team is missing is a great running back. They'll repeat for sure. And they did.

The point is only 1/32 teams win the superbowl, and so it's retarded to hate on a team that was given better odds by a lot of the media and go 'lol so called experts amirite' every year.

I always thought the Eagles were overrated, particularly because Vick is not going to be consistently as good as he was last year. But if they make it to the playoffs watch out, I wouldn't be surpised to see them face the Packers in the NFC championship in a very close game.

Llamas
11-09-2011, 04:10 PM
PS Llama - so you pretty much hate everyone the media loves? I mean, Favre, Tebow, Eagles...you pretty much just shit on anything overrated. It really sounds like the only reason you don't like Tebow is because a lot of other people do. Believe me, he's well hated too.
Lol, I couldn't possibly be a Packer fan if this was true. I also like the Jets, Cam Newton, and the Steelers minus Ben. What a dumb assumption to make. I also loved Favre until approximately 2003, when he started sucking and being super annoying.

I hate Tebow because I can't stand these pretentious privileged religious boys who act all noble and superior... he presents himself as this wonderful, flawless guy, tells everyone about how he's a virgin saving himself for marriage and how he goes to Africa to give kids circumcisions... plus he has done work for Focus on the Family, a huge anti-gay organization. I simply do not like the man. Has nothing to do with how popular he is.

And I don't care for the Eagles mostly because I hate what they did with the QB situation. I felt like they treated McNabb poorly, as well as Kevin Kolb. Not to mention the fact that I just dislike Vick, and not only because of the dog thing. Plus there are so many whiny pretentious dickheads on that team. I hope the Cowboys find a way to win the East. I don't mind the Giants, but I really like the current Cowboys team. Murray and Dez... Romo's not the greatest QB, but I like him and like to see him do well.

JohnnyNemesis
11-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Every Tim Tebow pass play looks like a punter trying to execute a sneaky fake punt by lobbing the ball and it's painful to watch.

Al Coholic
11-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Bucs sign Hayensworth off waivers.

We got him for the next 8 games at $700,000. That's maybe overpaying, but we have plenty of cap room.

He's only a fill in because Mccoy just hit IR. Probably won't start unless someone else is hurt, or he outperforms expectations. I have no big qualms about it, and we'll cut him next season. He was the best depth available, and worth the risk. Plus, he's back in a 4-3 playing the 3-technique as an undertackle, which he hasn't played in since Tenessee when he last shined. So maybe he'll be allright. Though I'm sure llamas will disagree because she totes h8s fat albert.

JohnnyNemesis
11-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm sure llamas will disagree because she totes h8s fat albert.

She hates him cause he's black :'(

Aion
11-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Whatever! I'm cheering my Champion Packers to get another set of rings :D
so far so good ;D

Llamas
11-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Every Tim Tebow pass play looks like a punter trying to execute a sneaky fake punt by lobbing the ball and it's painful to watch.

This is so true.

She hates him cause he's black :'(

This is so true.

IamSam
11-12-2011, 09:32 PM
I remember when the Dolphins got Culpepper and everyone picked them for a superbowl team. This was, ofcourse, after Culpepper had a Moss-induced 39 touchdown season (like 3rd or 4th most in all time at the time) and was thought to be an elite QB. I think that year they had a losing record.

Logged in only to say:

You're forgetting (and so were they) that Culpepper was just coming off tearing his ACL, PCL, and MCL and wasn't totally recovered by the start of the season. He had a clean up procedure part way through the season and then another surgery after the season. He also had Saban as a coach who, while being a good college coach, was a terrible pro coach.

JohnnyNemesis
11-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Jesus fucking Christ what a pathetic Quarterback we have over here. Fucking hell. We have a ridiculously good defense, one of the best Centers I've ever seen, and a fucking liability at QB. Holy shit.

Llamas
11-14-2011, 10:31 AM
I tears my heart up. I really wanted Sanchez to be great. He's such a good guy and wants it so bad, but... he just can't cut it. He's sadly probably the second worst starting QB in the NFL, only beating Tebow.

I'm also very dumb for expecting the Jets to stomp the Pats. I played Stafford like an idiot, instead of Brady. I also played the Jets d and sat Gronkowski. I lost fantasy this week because of these idiotic mistakes.

What's up with LT and his sunvisor, though? I mean, I get that he used to play in California, but like, last night he played a night game in NY... thug status?

JohnnyNemesis
11-14-2011, 10:56 AM
He's sadly probably the second worst starting QB in the NFL, only beating Tebow.

I wouldn't go that far, but he's pretty fucking terrible. His postseason success will always save him in these arguments, but I'd guess he's more around like, the 20th QB in the league or something. What's frustrating is when you see from Sanchez those 30-45 second flashes of ABSOLUTE RIGHT BETWEEN THE NUMBERS ON TARGET BRILLIANCE... that always ends in an INT a few plays later.

Sigh.

RickyCrack
11-14-2011, 02:22 PM
What's up with LT and his sunvisor, though? I mean, I get that he used to play in California, but like, last night he played a night game in NY... thug status?

When Hayden Fry coached for the Hawkeyes he would have his QBs wear sunzisors so defenses couldn't see their eyes making it harder to read where he was looking, making it harder to see where they would throw the ball. Lt probably does the same thing so people can't tell where he's going to cut and shit.

Llamas
11-15-2011, 01:59 AM
I wouldn't go that far, but he's pretty fucking terrible. His postseason success will always save him in these arguments, but I'd guess he's more around like, the 20th QB in the league or something. What's frustrating is when you see from Sanchez those 30-45 second flashes of ABSOLUTE RIGHT BETWEEN THE NUMBERS ON TARGET BRILLIANCE... that always ends in an INT a few plays later.

Sigh.

You're right. It was an overreaction. He's not as bad as Rex Grossman, Sam Bradford (who seemed like he was gonna be good... wtf?), TJax, Kevin Kolb, Matt Cassel...

I'd probably put him on par with Tony Romo - in more than one way, I'd compare them. They both play surrounded with talent... great defenses, excellent targets and even running backs (though the cowboys have better rbs)... they get protection... plus I like both of them as people and hate seeing them suck ass. Ha. Their teams win despite them.

When Hayden Fry coached for the Hawkeyes he would have his QBs wear sunzisors so defenses couldn't see their eyes making it harder to read where he was looking, making it harder to see where they would throw the ball. Lt probably does the same thing so people can't tell where he's going to cut and shit.

Valid. That's really a good idea, actually. But I still think he's a gangsta.

Al Coholic
11-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Bradford's 24 years old (as of a week ago today), in his second season, and had no offseason after his rookie year to workout and get better.

Give it a minute.

Llamas
11-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Bradford's 24 years old (as of a week ago today), in his second season, and had no offseason after his rookie year to workout and get better.

Give it a minute.

Too true. You've got a point. It just seems like he was doing so much better last year... I didn't expect the Rams to suck so much this year, but to be fair, I don't follow the team and don't know what changes the team went through since last year.

JohnnyNemesis
11-15-2011, 04:25 PM
He's been battling some injuries too.

Llamas
11-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Boy, do the Jets ever suck this year. The defense is the only tolerable part of the team. I mean, one of last night's Bronco TDs was made with the Jets defense on the sidelines, and the other one was the same thing the Dolphins struggled with - Tebow running the ball in for a game-winning TD during a blitz. If the Jets had an offense, that game would've been won no problem.

Tebow's overdone prayer after his TD annoyed me to no end. Just stop it, Tebow. Please.

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. This is JohnnyNemesis's next of kin. He fucking killed himself last night.

It's okay, he was an asshole anyway.

Llamas
11-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. This is JohnnyNemesis's next of kin. He fucking killed himself last night.
:'( Can't say I blame him; I'd surely do the same if the Packers lost to Tim Tebow in such pathetic fashion. I don't even get how that was possible.

It's okay, he was an asshole anyway.
True. <3333

arak0r
11-18-2011, 11:25 PM
lol @ jets. jesus why do i have santonio on my ff team? the jets don't pass for shit even against the worst passing defenses. ridiculous.

Al Coholic
11-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Good game, llamas. Bucs actually held their own in that one. Our playoff chances are done but atleast we were competitive.

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2012, 10:47 PM
A list of QBs I'd rather have start on my team right now than Mark Sanchez:

Joey Harrington
Kordell Stewart
Jake Plummer
Jimmy Clausen
Gus Frerotte
Chris Chandler
JP Losman (he looked great in the preseason)
Dan Orlovsky
Akili Smith
Rick Mirer
Browning Nagle
Ray Lucas
Luke McCown
Kyle Boller
Heath Shuler

Llamas
01-12-2012, 09:49 AM
A list of QBs I'd rather have start on my team right now than Mark Sanchez:

Joey Harrington
Kordell Stewart
Jake Plummer
Jimmy Clausen
Gus Frerotte
Chris Chandler
JP Losman (he looked great in the preseason)
Dan Orlovsky
Akili Smith
Rick Mirer
Browning Nagle
Ray Lucas
Luke McCown
Kyle Boller
Heath Shuler

I've heard of 3 of those. I feel bad for Sanchez... good guy, great work ethic... but just can't get it done. Sometimes you just have to accept that you don't have the natural talent for something and move on to something you're good at. He should probably get out of the NFL and dive into his true love - Modeling.

JohnnyNemesis
01-12-2012, 01:11 PM
I like Sanchez, too. I still think he has great potential, but he just don't got it right now. Right about now is when he's probably going to be muuuuuuch better. It takes time for QBs, it really does.

But I'm just sick of squandering two some of the best defense in the league, with a completely inept offense. Our offensive live is phenomenal aside from Wayne Hunter, but our OC and QB just...ugh. You don't always have such a great D-Line, great O-Line, and fantastic defense. It's hard to come by. I hate wasting it.

And dammit llamas, my genius posted is WASTED on you if you don't recognize those QBs!

On a serious note, as I said on Facebook, I'd love if the Jets could get Jason Campbell or Vince Young. Not gonna happen. Kyle Orton would be a good look right about now, but that's not possible. Maybe David Garrard could come in and compete for the starting job with Sanchez. I dunno. Save us, someone. Where are you, Vinny Testaverde? Can you hear me, Joe Webb? Rescue me, Aaron Brooks!

Llamas
01-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Jimmy Clausen
Chris Chandler
Ray Lucas
Luke McCown
Kyle Boller

Those are the ones I know, but I can't tell you off the top of my head who Chandler or Lucas play for, lol.

And I figured that having a list of guys your average fan doesn't know proves your point even better :P

On a serious note, as I said on Facebook, I'd love if the Jets could get Jason Campbell or Vince Young. Not gonna happen. Kyle Orton would be a good look right about now, but that's not possible. Maybe David Garrard could come in and compete for the starting job with Sanchez. I dunno. Save us, someone. Where are you, Vinny Testaverde? Can you hear me, Joe Webb? Rescue me, Aaron Brooks!

Meh, Jets have enough "personality" on the team... I wouldn't wanna get VY involved... Campbell or Orton (though yes, Orton isn't gonna happen next year) could be very great for the Jets.

Maybe the Jets will get lucky and Matt Flynn will start searching for a starting position next year... he's too old to ever get a starting spot on the Pack unless Rodgers gets seriously hurt. Maybe he will, and if so, I bet he'd look at the Jets. Though he's definitely a product of the Packers' system. Dunno how good he'd be elsewhere.

Joe Webb needs to look outside the Vikes, for sure. The guy's got talent, but the Vikes managers have their heads so far up their asses, they don't know how to give players with potential a fucking chance.

JohnnyNemesis
01-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Meh, Jets have enough "personality" on the team... I wouldn't wanna get VY involved...

Fuck that, Vince Young gets a bad rap. He's a good, SOLID, QB! I could give a fuck if he's causing drama.

Maybe the Jets will get lucky and Matt Flynn will start searching for a starting position next year...

Nahhh. If Washington doesn't draft RGIII, they're totally gonna overspend on Flynn. He's theirs.

coke_a_holic
01-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Do you want Sexy Rexy, Rick? You can take him. He'll unleash the dragon all over your shit.

JohnnyNemesis
01-12-2012, 03:21 PM
SEX CANNON GROSSMAN!!!

...FUCK no.

Llamas
01-12-2012, 03:26 PM
lol, Ricky would take McCown but not Grossman.

Poor, poor Rexy. :(

Al Coholic
01-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Whatever happened with Kellen Clemens anyway? He seemed to be in line to compete for the starting job after you guys parted ways with Pennington, but then everyone got swept up in the Sanchize hype and he seemed to have been forgotten, then traded. He was a developed 2nd round pick if I remember.

JohnnyNemesis
01-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Clemens has actually been pretty dang lousy over in St. Louis this year, filling in for Sam Bradford. I thought he had some potential too, but once the Sanchez hype got goin' we just stuck Brunell in there as a backup and moved on. *shrug*

bighead384
01-15-2012, 01:12 PM
The game clock operator for Baltimore is sneaking seconds off the clock here at the end of this game vs Houston. A second here, a second there. That always bothered me.

It'll be like a full second after whistle blows and then the clock stops. Like, do you have the reactions of a mentally challenged person?

Llamas
01-15-2012, 05:33 PM
SO PlSSED.

bighead384
01-15-2012, 05:47 PM
I would have rather seen the Pack move on then the Giants, but I'm glad that all the remaining teams would make for a good Superbowl.

I'm guessing Niners vs New England.

Llamas
01-15-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm guessing Niners vs New England.

That's the matchup I'm hoping for now. I've been saying for a while that if the Pack didn't make it, I'd want the Niners in. And now I want the Niners to take the whole thing.

bighead384
01-23-2012, 09:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VJQIsJtUcU

I can't believe what a poor FG attempt this was. What amazes me every time I see the kick is how far to the right (his left) his kicking foot goes. Christ, of course the balls going to travel that way if that's how you strike it. I can see nerves making you lose your focus and hit the ball in the wrong spot, but it looked like his entire leg was in poor form there.

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2012, 04:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VJQIsJtUcU

I can't believe what a poor FG attempt this was. What amazes me every time I see the kick is how far to the right (his left) his kicking foot goes. Christ, of course the balls going to travel that way if that's how you strike it. I can see nerves making you lose your focus and hit the ball in the wrong spot, but it looked like his entire leg was in poor form there.

http://deadspin.com/5878329/what-went-wrong-on-billy-cundiffs-missed-kick?tag=billycundiff

Llamas
01-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Great link, Ricky.

I felt awful for Cundiff. Just awful. Most people act like kickers have a cake job and are the wusses of the team. They expect them to hit everything under 40 yards, and when they don't, they're berated. I may have never played football myself, but there's obviously just so much more at play here besides kicking a ball a long distance, high enough in the air, and in the right direction - in a short width. How windy was it? They were close to the posts, but had a bad angle - the worst time to not be dead center. They were considering going for it, so as JN's article said, Cundiff (and probably the rest of the special teams) was rushed. There were nerves. Only curious as to why they didn't call a timeout.

Anyway, both those games were unsatisfying. The Pats/Ravens game had some of the worst officiating I've seen all season. Where was the call on that HUGE facemask on the Ravens' 3rd quarter touchdown? How about the intentional grounding by Flacco before the field goal? There was a big missed call against the Pats in the 4th, too, but I don't remember what it was. Hate seeing those kinds of games. I also hate seeing a game end with a failure - the cheering because Cundiff missed is not my kind of celebration. I was glad the Pats won (I hate the Ravens), but it didn't feel like much of a win. Tom Brady's dive touchdown was definitely the shining point of the game, though.

Giants/Niners... well, I might've been disappointed cause I wanted the Niners to win. Also might've been disappointed because I don't care that much about either team, and that's not the time when a majorly defensive game is exciting. And despite all the defense, turnovers didn't even play much of a role in the game - til that final Niners possession in OT. (And by the way, that guy deserves a bit more flack than Cundiff - though the ball was wet, that is just simply NOT the time to allow any opportunities whatsoever for a fumble.) I think I also just got really tired by the time 3am came and the game was still going strong. I just wanted it to end.

No idea who I'm gonna cheer for in this super bowl... any other match up of those four teams, and I would've had a clear choice (would've cheered for the Niners or against the Ravens). I'm pretty indifferent to this match up.

bighead384
01-25-2012, 04:21 PM
http://deadspin.com/5878329/what-went-wrong-on-billy-cundiffs-missed-kick?tag=billycundiff

It's now fairly well known that the scoreboard had an error on it, which can cause a kicker to rush. But this article kind of puts out a premise that isn't easily verifiable, and then moves on very quickly as if it shouldn't be questioned:

When a kicker rushes, he rotates his hips too quickly, and when he rotates his hips too quickly his leg pushes the ball in the direction of the rotation. In this case, to the left.

This may be true in some cases, but I'm not sure it's something that always applies. And I'm not sure it excuses a 32 yard field goal miss either.

Side question: When would you say a kicker is "off the hook" as far as rational people going when it comes to the length of a FG miss? I'd say it starts at 40 yards under ideal conditions, and then other factors might be considered beyond that.

JohnnyNemesis
01-25-2012, 10:03 PM
This may be true in some cases, but I'm not sure it's something that always applies. And I'm not sure it excuses a 32 yard field goal miss either.

Wait, how does it not always apply? I'm confused. Whether it excuses a 32 yard miss or not is a matter of opinion, but I don't see how rolling one's body a certain direction doesn't have a consistent effect on how the ball travels?

bighead384
01-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Wait, how does it not always apply? I'm confused. Whether it excuses a 32 yard miss or not is a matter of opinion, but I don't see how rolling one's body a certain direction doesn't have a consistent effect on how the ball travels?
No, I'm saying why does being rushed neccesarily mean your hips are going to dramatically rotate and ruin your entire kicking form? It seems logical enough that it could sometimes be true, but I'm very skeptical that this is a big of a problem as this article presents it to be. And I would also stress that even when it does apply, it's not necessarily this hugely dramatic difference. It seems like that theory as a legitimate excuse is a very debatable thing, yet this article kind of sneaks it in there as an unquestionable fact.

Omni
01-26-2012, 09:52 AM
You know, I get really tired of how unbalanced, lopsided, and crowded college football is. However, since Arkansas does not have a pro team for me to cheer on, I find it impossible to get into a game of NFL football.

Seriously, why are there 120 Division I college football teams? And like, what, 13 conferences? Only four or five of those are even competitive. Not even trying to derail this topic, I just wish I could get excited for the Super Bowl like everyone else I know.

JohnnyNemesis
01-26-2012, 12:32 PM
No, I'm saying why does being rushed neccesarily mean your hips are going to dramatically rotate and ruin your entire kicking form?

I think being rushed to do anything dramatically ruins your body's form, no matter what it is?

bighead384
01-26-2012, 03:00 PM
I think being rushed to do anything dramatically ruins your body's form, no matter what it is?

Your just overstating a concept that might occasionally be true, I don't know what else to say. I mean, christ, the man still knew he was about to kick the ball like 15 seconds beforehand. And he's a professional kicker. I just don't buy that whole excuse even being offered up.

Little_Miss_1565
01-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Wasn't he still running to get into position when the play began? I don't think it's that difficult to consider him being rushed as a reason for missing the kick, unless you just feel like being willfully obtuse.

bighead384
01-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Wasn't he still running to get into position when the play began? I don't think it's that difficult to consider him being rushed as a reason for missing the kick, unless you just feel like being willfully obtuse.

So either I think like you, or I'm being willfully obtuse?

I've made my points on this matter, I'm not trying to harp on it. You can have your own beliefs about what excuses a professional kicker on a 32 yard kick.

JohnnyNemesis
01-26-2012, 05:23 PM
I guess what I see what you mean, dude. But I disagree. I think any instance in which I'm not ready to engage in any action throws me off completely.

bighead384
01-27-2012, 08:37 AM
I guess what I see what you mean, dude. But I disagree. I think any instance in which I'm not ready to engage in any action throws me off completely.

I see. Well, I don't blame someone for considering being rushed the way Cundiff was as something worth noting, but it still falls short of a legitimate excuse to me. Or at least in this case it does.