PDA

View Full Version : What are some unpopular opinions you have?

WebDudette
10-13-2011, 04:33 AM
It doesn't have to be contrary to general population, it can be an unpopular opinion in your group of friends or on this forum.

Just about everyone I know is tolerant of or genuinely enjoys Taylor Swift, it just doesn't click with me. I am by no means opposed to pop music, if I am alone and Teenage Dream comes on the radio, I'm probably going to sing the whole thing in falsetto. I can see the appeal of pop music, but Taylor Swift just bored me.

I was the first person in my group of friends to really like Fall Out Boy, some people gave me shit for it, I think most of them came around now and actually enjoy them.

I don't remember Pulp Fiction being that great of a movie. I think Quentin Tarantino gets way more credit than he deserves, in general.

I think hairless cats are fucking adorable, orange juice needs to have pulp, and boxer briefs are the superior underwear.

I don't like punk music and... that's all I've got for now. I always find myself thinking about this stuff, but can never seem to remember them.

Static_Martyr
10-13-2011, 05:18 AM
Right now, being sympathetic to the Occupy Wall Street protesters (especially at work).

I, too, don't really like "punx" music. I like some of the more listenable bands that are tentatively labeled "punk" for convenience, but the "trupunx" bands almost always suck IMO. I can't listen to Minor Threat or (brace for blasphemy) Black Flag. I like the Dead Kennedys somewhat, but as much as I like Jello and his weirdness, I can't stand his voice most of the time.

Liking Green Day pretty much anyplace, anytime, is pretty unpopular now (outside of a certain demographic, anyway). Though I'm gradually coming around to the opinion that Billie Joe is kind of a prick.

I'm a fan of the recent Sonic games. Every Sonic fan I talk to about this insists that "Sonic died after Sonic Adventure came out," and they refuse to acknowledge any of the games that have existed since. I like almost every Sonic game I've played; some of them are buggier and less polished than others, and every one since Sonic 3 & Knuckles definitely has its flaws (usually pertaining to obvious glitches and horrible camera controls), but only one of them so far has been anything close to unplayable (Sonic 2006).

RageAndLov
10-13-2011, 08:53 AM
I see myself as an anti-capitalist and I have had many big discussions with my friends about that, which usually consist of them versus me on this matter.

I'm a fan of the recent Sonic games. Every Sonic fan I talk to about this insists that "Sonic died after Sonic Adventure came out," and they refuse to acknowledge any of the games that have existed since. I like almost every Sonic game I've played; some of them are buggier and less polished than others, and every one since Sonic 3 & Knuckles definitely has its flaws (usually pertaining to obvious glitches and horrible camera controls), but only one of them so far has been anything close to unplayable (Sonic 2006).

I kind of agree with those Sonic fans. After Sonic Adventure 2, there is no Sonic games worth playing. Don't get me started on how incredibly poor game Sonic Heroes is. I haven't tried Sonic Colours yet so I can't say anything about that, though. Sonic Unleashed had actually good Sonic levels, problem is that you play as that retarded beast 70 % of the time, and that ruins the game.

Harleyquiiinn
10-13-2011, 09:08 AM
I think Titanic is unfairly judged. It's not an amzing movie but it's definitely not a bad movie.

Just a good movie.

Static_Martyr
10-13-2011, 09:11 AM
I kind of agree with those Sonic fans. After Sonic Adventure 2, there is no Sonic games worth playing. Don't get me started on how incredibly poor game Sonic Heroes is. I haven't tried Sonic Colours yet so I can't say anything about that, though. Sonic Unleashed had actually good Sonic levels, problem is that you play as that retarded beast 70 % of the time, and that ruins the game.

I HATE HATE HATED Sonic Heroes at first, but that was mostly because of physics glitches and some very precise control mechanisms that were not explained very well. Once I figured out how to do everything, I actually liked playing it (though I'll always hate Team Dark's levels, just because they're the *exact same* as Team Hero's levels but with more enemy spams). I just started Unleashed, and so far it's alright. I don't care for the town-roaming segments but so far the gameplay is decent.

RageAndLov
10-13-2011, 10:25 AM
I HATE HATE HATED Sonic Heroes at first, but that was mostly because of physics glitches and some very precise control mechanisms that were not explained very well. Once I figured out how to do everything, I actually liked playing it (though I'll always hate Team Dark's levels, just because they're the *exact same* as Team Hero's levels but with more enemy spams). I just started Unleashed, and so far it's alright. I don't care for the town-roaming segments but so far the gameplay is decent.

Unleashed has good levels when you play as Sonic, but when you become that werehedgehog or whatever, it's just tedious beat 'em up which consists of you tapping one single button through the whole level. With 70 % of the game being werehedgehog-levels, it is not worth the money or time spent on the it.

I have never played a game with worse controls than Sonic Heroes, and the levels are boring.

ThunderPX
10-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Speaking of Sonic, I really don't understand the appeal of the new boost and QTE Sonic gameplay that they've been using since Unleashed. Even the people who hated pretty much everything since Sonic Adventure 2 seem to laud Colours as the best Sonic game in years, but I've tried playing it multiple times and it just isn't fun in the slightest. I was more a fan of the Adventure-style games, although Sonic 2006 managed to fuck that up too.

personal_loans_1
10-13-2011, 11:46 AM
I think Titanic is unfairly judged. It's not an amzing movie but it's definitely not a bad movie.
For sure is better than Titanic II. And has one of the most epic scenes ever. That when Leo is drowning.

Rooster
10-13-2011, 12:43 PM
For sure is better than Titanic II.

It is. But Titanic II taught me a new and very ingenious way of using a credit card, as it can apparently be used to stop arterial bleeding.

Harleyquiiinn
10-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Oh and I also still think that the European Union is an excellent idea...

Llamas
10-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Oh and I also still think that the European Union is an excellent idea...

Me, too.

I thought of some things to add to this thread earlier, but I forgot. Maybe I'll remember later.

Static_Martyr
10-13-2011, 03:14 PM
I think this guy (http://gamebabble.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/sonic-and-the-worst-fandom-ever/) does a great job of (A) explaining what the problem with the sonic franchise/fanbase, and (B) justifying my current feelings towards some of the later games.

RageAndLov
10-13-2011, 04:06 PM
I think this guy (http://gamebabble.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/sonic-and-the-worst-fandom-ever/) does a great job of (A) explaining what the problem with the sonic franchise/fanbase, and (B) justifying my current feelings towards some of the later games.

Great article! Perhaps the author is right. Perhaps everything after Adventure 2 isn't targeted towards me. I can't see how Sonic 2006 or Heroes are targeted towards anyone though. I am by no means no hardcore Sonic fan though. I haven't played Sonic 1 for the Sega Mega Drive, nor I have played Sonic 4. I also have only played Sonic Advance 1 and 2 of those five portables. I have no nostalgia blinding me of those old Sonic games for the Mega Drive as I played them at a later age, but I still can see that any game after Adventure 2 is a bad game (except for Colours and Sonic 4 + the DS portables which I haven't tried, so I can't say anything about them).

EDIT: Perhaps this is SEGA's last attempt to satisfy the Sonic fandom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Generations

Static_Martyr
10-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to mass some cash to grab a used PS3 off amazon or ebay so I can get Sonic Generations when it drops next month :D I've been waiting on it....the soundtrack is one of the best in a long time (very much unlike some of the recent entries), so I can only hope the gameplay follows suit. I hope they fix the camera for this one....

Retard
10-13-2011, 07:29 PM
I think that Led Zeppelin is one of the most annoying bands ever to exist on this earth. Everytime robert plants opens his shitty mouth i want to kill myself. I'd probably be a little into them of they had a different singer, and some of the intros of their songs are cool, but once he starts screeching it gets ruined, and i don't give a shit about hearing a song written about lord of the rings.
Daisy is in my opinion a better Brand New album than both Deja entendu, and the first one. I don't even remember the first albums name.

WebDudette
10-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Your Favorite Weapon.

The thing I really like about Brand New is that all four of their albums are very different and you can see that Jesse Lacey has a very different state of mind and maturity level on each album. That's part of the reason I can't choose a definitive favorite or really put them in order.

Retard
10-13-2011, 09:20 PM
I like all four, but I honestly could take or leave your favorite weapon. If it's on cool I'll enjoy it, but I don'y think I'll own it unless someone gives it to me as a gift. Devil and god to me is their best. Everything about that album is just awe inspringly great. While Daisy is a step down in quality from devil and god, I liked how it had it's flaws and they wore them proudly. That weird bluesy song in the middle of the album was really unnecesary but at the same time to me it fit because the whole album is kind of all jumbled and confused that i can see it fitting. Jesse Lacey is a really really good song writer, but also seems like a little bit of a tortured soul, even though its kinda obvious.

WebDudette
10-13-2011, 09:59 PM
It's definitely weak in a lot of ways when compared to the later two albums, but I think it's fantastic for what it is. I wish I had listened to it when it would have had the full effect on me (15-16). Instead I listened to just Deja Entendu for a long time, then I just listened to Devil and God and Deja for a long time, the maybe Daisy... and then Your Favorite Weapon? I'm not sure actually, but I probably started listening to Brand New when I was like 16 or 17 and then didn't really listen to Your Favorite Weapon till a couple years later.

barangatang
10-13-2011, 10:22 PM
I think Lil Wayne is an incredible talent. His use free association and alliteration are superb.

WebDudette
10-14-2011, 02:03 AM
I know a lot of ignorant pothead kids who like Ron Paul. That shit pisses me off, Ron Paul is a joke.

yarock
10-14-2011, 04:05 PM
I think Vevo is cool.

Little_Miss_1565
10-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I think hairless cats are fucking adorable, orange juice needs to have pulp, and boxer briefs are the superior underwear.

Hairless cats being fucking adorable is stone cold fact.

T-6005
10-14-2011, 04:53 PM
I don't believe representational government works so I purposely abstain from voting.

WebDudette
10-15-2011, 03:59 AM
I think Kanye West is a great artist, further more I think he is severely misjudged and I don't think he's nearly as bad as everyone makes him out to be. I mean, he has done some asshole things and there is no excuse for them, but who hasn't? He has also done a lot of good and I think his intentions are generally pure.

calichix
10-15-2011, 09:34 AM
nationalizing the federal reserve doesn't make sense to me.

jacknife737
10-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Classic Rock and heavy metal are terribly boring genres.

Bill Hicks isn't funny; he's sanctimonious and tedious.

UFC is an awful sport: it's sleep inducing.

Omni
10-18-2011, 04:14 PM
MMA is the sport, UFC is a company. y dont u do basic reserch b4 u criticise k? k.

I have to somewhat agree with your first one, though. I really don't like progressive rock or any unreasonably long classic rock/classic metal songs. I can't count the number of times people have been taken aback when I say I don't like Pink Floyd. It's aggravating because most of them are just early 20-somethings who I suspect don't actually like or actively listen to Pink Floyd. They like Pink Floyd in the same way they hate George Bush. And if they do like them, it's not enough to act like… offended. I mean, sure. I like Brick in the Wall and Comfortably Numb, those are some of the best songs ever written. But Pink Floyd on a whole? Eh, I'll pass.

Tomo
10-19-2011, 07:14 PM
- Limp Bizkit is one of my favourite bands.
- The Godfather is a boring, sleep-inducing movie.
- I hate automatic and sequential transmissions in cars.
- Ferrari Enzo is the ugliest car in the world.
- I think people who own/drive Porsche Boxster, Cayenne, and Panamera, should be shot in the face with a 12-gauge shotgun.
- Christianity, islam and judaism should be outlawed and punishable by death.

bighead384
10-19-2011, 08:18 PM
That movie "Kids" sucks. I can't stand the dialogue in that movie. It's just so mindnumbingly retarded. I guess they we're trying to make it realistic or something, but I don't care what they were going for. It sucks. Watching that movie was like being forced to hang out with those really ignorant assholes I hated in highschool.

Sidewinder
10-19-2011, 11:39 PM
I think His Dark Materials is and forever will be a better series (of books) than Harry Potter.

Retard
10-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Kanye is awesome, I don't give a fuck what other people think about him. Pink Floyd is half cool half shitty. I'd put comfortably numb, and brick in the wall in the shitty half. If you want cool floyd check out animals, it's pretty much a punk album but the songs are reaally long. I totally agree with the metal/classic rock to be horribly boring, except for like the who, beatles, and maybe some of the stones, not everything though.
Godfather part II is definitely better than part one, but I still love part one. I think Scarface is an overlong boring ass movie that really isn't anything special. Oh and Pacino kinda over acts in everything I've seen him in.

yarock
10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I agree about Animals, I think it's one of the best albums from Pink Floyd. But I don't see why Comfortably Numb would be shitty. Are you saying Another Brick in the Wall is shitty generally or are you referring to any particular part?

My Name Was Taken
10-20-2011, 03:11 PM
I listen to Big Time Rush...
It's not me AT ALL

0r4ng3
10-20-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm kinda over zombies. It seems like everything has a zombie version of it nowadays and it's getting old.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-20-2011, 05:45 PM
I swear I was going to make this same exact thread. But OK. Here goes.

-"Such Great Heights" is a terrible song.

-I never felt like the first Spiderman movie got nearly the credit it deserved. It was solid, pure, fun, and it made superheroes cool again! And personally, I thought it was WAY better than Spiderman 2. When the third movie sucked so bad, I wasn't nearly as surprised as everyone else seemed to be, because I began to saw signs of decline in the second one. MJ dates a guy who "played football on the moon"? James Franco's bitch-slap scene? Come ON.

-As a corollary to that, I think James Franco as Harry Osborn is one of the most egregious miscastings I've ever seen. I think he does well in his stoner comedies and I liked him in 127 Hours, but I always thought his performance as Harry was horrible.

-I mentioned this in another thread, but I really dislike "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."

-I don't hate Ann Coulter. At least not nearly as much as other right-wing pundits. Sure, she's going to say a lot of really inflammatory things because that's her shtick, but she strays from the typical talking points- for example, she admitted early in Bush's second term that he was a terrible domestic president, and that she supported him only because of our involvement in the wars. Though I'm very anti-War-in-Iraq, I was at least glad she didn't totally kiss the guy's ass like Hannity and O'Reilly. Sometimes if I'm forced to watch Fox News, she'll be the only person saying anything new.

-I think Animal Collective is a pretty mediocre band and generally annoying to listen to. I think a lot of their contemporaries like Yeasayer and Local Natives make much better music. They're not necessarily more innovative or talented than AC, but they're much less masturbatory and make music that I want to listen to. I have to admit, though, that "Winter Wonderland" is one of the most stupidly danceable songs ever.

mrconeman
10-20-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm kinda over zombies. It seems like everything has a zombie version of it nowadays and it's getting old.

I've been saying this from the start of this stupid zombie bullshit. They are the least interesting horror genre creature, by miles. I admit, I like The Walking Dead, and Red Dead Undead Nightmare. However the next fucker that asks me what will I do in a zombie apocalypse isn't going to live to hear the answer.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy, they've all fucking become the zombies they've been preparing for.

Llamas
10-20-2011, 06:33 PM
I thought I was the only one who thought that the whole zombie obsession is retarded. I've truly never understood this one, and when I ask someone, I'm just met with a bunch of random, excited blurbs about BlOOD! and TEETH! and LIVING DEAD! Minnesota is the home of the Zombie Pub Crawl, and I'm supposed to be proud of that? :-/

Omni
10-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, it seems zombies have always been around, but after Zombieland, some sort of craze started. I've been tired of it for a year or so now.

Jebus
10-20-2011, 10:02 PM
-I like American Dad
-I'm against minimum wage
-I would take a Big Mac over a Five Guys burger.
-*reads thread* I like zombies

Retard
10-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I think in general Brick in the wall is a shitty song. Comfortably Numb has been played to death, while it might not be 100% shitty, if it ever comes on the radio I immediately need to change the channel, or the song.
Two and a half men to me is the biggest piece of shit sitcom on tv. SOO riddled with cliches and lame jokes that i've heard a thousand times. I for some reason want to punch John Cryer in the face, then his balls.

Al Coholic
10-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Clubs Suck
We should raise taxes
Bud Light makes you suck if its in your fridge
98% of white kids that identify with hip-hop culture are gay as fuck
(popular)Country music is pandering, and marketed to idiots.
Breast Cancer 'awareness' is poorly managed. It's great that you want to try, but its one of the most funded cancer in terms of research, but not that high in terms of fatalities and diagnosies. Yes, that's in part because its more preventable thanks to awareness, but your pink ribbon that you made yourself didn't help. A lot of people do that to feel better about themselves. Yeah yeah, as long as its to a good cause. But if you wanted to help, you'd help more by donating directly and not taking in the cost factor of your t-shirt/ribbon whatever that was sponsored by Susan G. Coleman. I really keep my mouth shut about this because I just sound like an asshole, even though I'm right(see, the last four words even more made me sound like an asshole, even though...)

WebDudette
10-21-2011, 12:16 AM
-"Such Great Heights" is a terrible song.

-I think Animal Collective is a pretty mediocre band and generally annoying to listen to. I think a lot of their contemporaries like Yeasayer and Local Natives make much better music. They're not necessarily more innovative or talented than AC, but they're much less masturbatory and make music that I want to listen to. I have to admit, though, that "Winter Wonderland" is one of the most stupidly danceable songs ever.

By some freak coincidence Such Great Heights came on at work just as I started reading your post. It was never my favorite song, but I did really like Postal Service until I started working. I never listen to them by choice anymore.

I like Yeasayer more than Animal Collective, but I have only listened to one album by each band.

Omni
10-21-2011, 03:17 AM
Clubs Suck
We should raise taxes
Breast Cancer 'awareness' is poorly managed. It's great that you want to try, but its one of the most funded cancer in terms of research, but not that high in terms of fatalities and diagnosies. Yes, that's in part because its more preventable thanks to awareness, but your pink ribbon that you made yourself didn't help. A lot of people do that to feel better about themselves. Yeah yeah, as long as its to a good cause. But if you wanted to help, you'd help more by donating directly and not taking in the cost factor of your t-shirt/ribbon whatever that was sponsored by Susan G. Coleman. I really keep my mouth shut about this because I just sound like an asshole, even though I'm right(see, the last four words even more made me sound like an asshole, even though...)

Komen*. Susan G. Komen.

I made it known on Facebook that the whole "fake pregnancy" shit that girls were doing was a woefully stupid and ineffective way of raising awareness. I even made it a point to say that I agreed completely with the cause and it was entirely was noble, and everyone should feel proud of themselves for at least trying (okay, I didn't say that last part, but it was heavily implied I thought). For some strange reason, it made me extremely angry - the most angry I'd been in quite some time over something on the Internet - to see a handful of women respond, and every single one of them negatively. I pretty much never ever assert myself as being one hundred percent right in an argument, but that entire ordeal was just fucking retarded, and I don't understand why not one of them would admit it, especially after I made it so clear that I was not attacking the cause or them personally. It was completely wasted energy, time, and potential.

I also found it a kind of offensive, since the entire thing was really just a thinly veiled ploy to pull a practical joke on men everywhere and prove how stupid they were, with a side of "oh, yeah, by the way: breast cancer y'all."

wheelchairman
10-21-2011, 03:47 AM
No that was stupid because by design its the opposite of raising awareness.

WebDudette
10-21-2011, 04:11 AM
Yeah, that shit aggravates me every time it comes around.

Static_Martyr
10-21-2011, 04:15 AM
clubs suck

qft

we should raise taxes

qft

(popular)country music is pandering, and marketed to idiots.

qft

personal_loans_1
10-21-2011, 04:50 AM
if you wanted to help, you'd help more by donating directly and not taking in the cost factor of your t-shirt/ribbon whatever that was sponsored by Susan G. Coleman.

I know that from AVON. They had pens with that mark. They were heavy and uncomfortable. I felt really stupid that I bought one.

Though I sometimes get interested in some footbal game, I totally don't get the popularity of that sport.

My Name Was Taken
10-21-2011, 06:11 AM
I HATE American football. YOU DONT EVEN USE YOUR FEET!!!!!! (usually)

Lupin
10-21-2011, 07:10 AM
- Bolton Wanderers are a great football team.
- Bjork is a talentless cunt (Garmy)
- The Dark Knight is a good but badly edited film.
- Heavy smoking and drinking is good for you.

bighead384
10-21-2011, 11:31 AM
-I'm against minimum wage

Aren't you liberal? Why do you have this belief?

0r4ng3
10-21-2011, 10:59 PM
I HATE American football. YOU DONT EVEN USE YOUR FEET!!!!!! (usually)
One could make the argument that they use those things for running and standing and such. But I agree, it could use a better name. I always figured "Tackleball" would be suitable. For one, it's just one letter away from tickleball which would be pretty dang hilarious.

WebDudette
10-22-2011, 12:08 AM
I am not discouraged or upset by the already high and increasing divorce rates in my country. I'd much rather people be happily divorced than miserable and married. I don't know how it effects other children but it my experience staying together for the children is bullshit. My parents stopped sleeping in the same room when I was like uhh... what age are 1st to 2nd graders? Anyway, they fought all the time and it stressed me the fuck out, in a really bad way. I would have been a lot better off if they'd divorced and separated much earlier. I don't know that they stayed together because of me, but I'm not sure it's relevant.

I mean, in a perfect world people would get to know each other better before getting married and they wouldn't marry so young before they're ready, I feel like that drastically decrease the divorce rate. But if that's not going to happen, let them divorce and make it easier. Maybe make getting married harder and getting divorced easier.

Ron Paul has a couple of decent policies, but for the most part he is a shitty person and his supporters are a fucking joke.

Football is derived from rugby football, a lot of the rules changed, the name stayed the same. Why fix what isn't broken?

jacknife737
10-22-2011, 03:12 AM
[LIST]
Clubs Suck

Wisdom.

Clubs have just about zero redeeming qualities about them.

Offspring-Junkie
10-22-2011, 04:24 AM
- Bjork is a talentless cunt (Garmy).
No doubt.
- Heavy smoking and drinking is good for you.I highly doubt it.

Alison
10-22-2011, 04:31 AM
I'm pro-choice (for the most part). This seems to get people.
Kids are a waste of time and a waste of resources. People think I'm "selfish" for not wanting children. Like....what?!

These things combined make me seem like a child-hater. I don't hate kids, I just don't want any.

Young Stalin was hot (or perhaps this is a popular belief)

personal_loans_1
10-22-2011, 08:20 AM
I don't want a grave, and I've heard that this is selfish.

RageAndLov
10-22-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm pro-choice (for the most part). This seems to get people.
Kids are a waste of time and a waste of resources. People think I'm "selfish" for not wanting children. Like....what?!

These things combined make me seem like a child-hater. I don't hate kids, I just don't want any.

Stalin was indeed a hunk when he was young.

Retard
10-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Clubs Suck
We should raise taxes

Clubs do indeed suck, been dragged to a couple, wow those aren't fun. I don't know much about monetary politics, but watever, if i don't see the money on my paycheck, i didn't get it, that's how i've always looked at it. I've kinda noticed the opposite about the white kids and hip-hop, they're usually pretty homophobic. Totally agree about the pop-country thing.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-22-2011, 11:11 PM
I like Yeasayer more than Animal Collective, but I have only listened to one album by each band.
All Hour Cymbals, or Odd Blood? I love both, but they're night and day. A lot of people didn't like Odd Blood because it was so different, but I think it's got some great stuff that challenges me as a listener and still makes me wanna get up and dance.

WebDudette
10-23-2011, 12:00 AM

I agree! This is a picture I drew of young Stalin:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/SystemSloth/066.jpg

This was a time sensitive, extra credit project, so it's not that great. Also, it is kind of hard to get detail with two-tone purple because we only had like 3 different purplish colors.

The original:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/SystemSloth/tumblr_lr0rhaYyJm1r2fvepo1_500.jpg

WebDudette
10-23-2011, 12:07 AM
All Hour Cymbals, or Odd Blood? I love both, but they're night and day. A lot of people didn't like Odd Blood because it was so different, but I think it's got some great stuff that challenges me as a listener and still makes me wanna get up and dance.

All Hour Cymbals, I'll check out Odd Blood.

_Lost_
10-23-2011, 02:03 AM
I honestly don't understand the concern about marriage/divorce rates. Whats the worst that could happen? We could get divorced. Oh no! People then say "what if you have kids?" I'm fairly certain that children can be born outside of wedlock. As far as I'm concerned, the only difference between a committed relationship and marriage, is that when Wil gets stationed somewhere, it won't be a complicated mess for me to go, too.

Batman Begins is far superior to the Dark Knight.

I don't tiptoe around my opinion that the fat lady, who was so fat that she could barely walk, who would come into the bakery I worked at and demand the cupcake with the "most" butter cream icing, had abhorrent habits that made her not worthy of acceptance for being obese. Some people, by nature, are fat. That does not bother me. People like her do.

I hate whole cut red meat. Especially steak.

I love the movie Crossroads.

I also don't give a flying fuck about eric clapton.

I have no interest in 3D movies. I also hate how lots of movies get ruined because they are designed around having as many 3D shock moments as possible.

I completely approve of spanking when used appropriately.

I have no interest in dildos.

Llamas
10-23-2011, 05:18 AM
I honestly don't understand the concern about marriage/divorce rates. Whats the worst that could happen? We could get divorced. Oh no! People then say "what if you have kids?" I'm fairly certain that children can be born outside of wedlock. As far as I'm concerned, the only difference between a committed relationship and marriage, is that when Wil gets stationed somewhere, it won't be a complicated mess for me to go, too.

Batman Begins is far superior to the Dark Knight.

I don't tiptoe around my opinion that the fat lady, who was so fat that she could barely walk, who would come into the bakery I worked at and demand the cupcake with the "most" butter cream icing, had abhorrent habits that made her not worthy of acceptance for being obese. Some people, by nature, are fat. That does not bother me. People like her do.

I hate whole cut red meat. Especially steak.

I love the movie Crossroads.

I also don't give a flying fuck about eric clapton.

I have no interest in 3D movies. I also hate how lots of movies get ruined because they are designed around having as many 3D shock moments as possible.

I completely approve of spanking when used appropriately.

I have no interest in dildos.

omg hi remember when we used to talk like every day? I forgot how much we have in common, gurll. Marriage is dumb and a waste unless a couple has a particular reason for needing/wanting it. Tiptoeing because you might offend someone somewhere has gotten to a point where it's just ridiculous. Sure, it's that person's choice to live their life how they want to; it's also my choice to disagree with their choice. No remorse for that shit.

I can't stand red meat, either, when it's whole cut. I can stand the occasional burger, but steaks? Nah. Don't get it. Boring.

3D movies were the lamest gimmick ever in the history of the film industry. Seriously. Wow, some shit kind pops out at you - let's pay like twice as much to see it! Movies that are made to be 3D are dumb for the reason you mentioned; it's not about the plot or the characters, it's only about the 3D shock moments. Movies that are made normally and then given 3D later are dumb because the 3D is boring and useless.

Okay, I also have no interest in dildos, but I feel like that's more logical coming from a straight girl. Why would you want a dildo when you're used to the real thing? I don't care for dildos, myself, but I don't get the real thing, either. What's the draw for straight women to want to use dildos?

ThunderPX
10-23-2011, 05:34 AM
3D movies were the lamest gimmick ever in the history of the film industry. Seriously. Wow, some shit kind pops out at you - let's pay like twice as much to see it! Movies that are made to be 3D are dumb for the reason you mentioned; it's not about the plot or the characters, it's only about the 3D shock moments. Movies that are made normally and then given 3D later are dumb because the 3D is boring and useless.

That's an unpopular opinion? I've never actually seen anyone say anything GOOD about 3D movies.

personal_loans_1
10-23-2011, 06:26 AM
Yeah, majority is against 3D now. I hope 3D in 'Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas' is a joke...

Llamas
10-23-2011, 06:31 AM
That's an unpopular opinion? I've never actually seen anyone say anything GOOD about 3D movies.

Perhaps now it's a popular opinion, but I've never liked the concept since day one.

Al Coholic
10-23-2011, 09:05 AM
-People who shit all over 3D are pretentious. It's kind of cool for movies that were written with the concept in mind originally. It can be cool if it adds a wrinkle to an already good movie. Yes, some people cut out substance just to add the BS of it. Yes, some movies are terrible because they were pushed through as a gimmicky application of 3D and nobody bothered to make a good movie. That doesn't mean the whole format is garbage. In fact, One day all movies will probably be on actual 3D projections, like in Star Wars. Or maybe you'll wear one of those virtual reality masks and it'll seem like you're really in the movie. Either way.

wheelchairman
10-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Young Stalin looks like Borat, you want hot you should look for young Enver Hoxha who is reminiscient of Marlon Brando. (do you kids know who that is?)

As far as opinions go, I'm too apathetic to be controversial, though i think the world would be improved if marriage licenses required one to be over 25 and NOT marrying your high school sweet heart.

Harleyquiiinn
10-25-2011, 12:59 AM
Oh, I absolutely don't care about the triple A.

I understand economical consequences and everything, but I don't care that we lose it or not. Considering how it is going, everybody will lose it.

I also think that, no, these agencies don't give notations as an indicator. I'm sorry but when someone threatens your triple A, just after a poll that says the left can definitely win the next presidential elections, it becomes political. So basically, fuck Moody's.

But yeah, this unpopular opinion becomes more and more popular everyday.

killer_queen
10-26-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't think not wanting marriage and/or kids is unpopular for our generation. In fact, pretty much every one I know is very strongly against marriage. That being said, my most unpopular opinion must be believing that marriage is good for both people and the society.

And I think long hair is more beautiful than stylish short cuts (on women, of course. A long haired man is only good for underground metal bands.) Other than that I'd like to think that I'm the kind of person who goes with the flow. I usually am not but it's not my fault, it's just people around me are very boring.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-27-2011, 12:32 AM
I have a couple more because I like this thread.

-I actually like Joe Biden a lot. It's sad how he's become kind of the liberal that the liberal media loves to hate. He's one of the most refreshing and honest politicians that we have in this country.

-I don't think The Lonely Island is funny at all. In fact I can't even stand to listen to them. Their shtick is the same in every single song, and I'm beyond sick of having to hear Andy Samberg yelling "AW SHIT" every day at work while the people around me sit there giggling like little girls.

-I think sweet fruity flavors and alcohol is just an innately horrible combination and will never taste good. I like sweet CREAMY stuff with alcohol like Amarula or Kahlua, and I like fruity SOUR stuff with alcohol like margaritas and other lemon/lime drinks, but there's just something about the combination of sweet and fruity that grosses me out when booze gets added to the equation. Anything with strawberry, peach, apple, blueberry, watermelon, or even cranberry flavors, when combined with alcohol, tastes like shit.

Retard
10-27-2011, 03:35 PM

-I actually like Joe Biden a lot. It's sad how he's become kind of the liberal that the liberal media loves to hate. He's one of the most refreshing and honest politicians that we have in this country.

-I think sweet fruity flavors and alcohol is just an innately horrible combination and will never taste good. I like sweet CREAMY stuff with alcohol like Amarula or Kahlua, and I like fruity SOUR stuff with alcohol like margaritas and other lemon/lime drinks, but there's just something about the combination of sweet and fruity that grosses me out when booze gets added to the equation. Anything with strawberry, peach, apple, blueberry, watermelon, or even cranberry flavors, when combined with alcohol, tastes like shit.

I honestly don't know what Biden has done besides become the vice presient. He seems like a pretty cool dude, I think he knows he's kinds seen as a goofball and it's really cool. Yea 99% of fruity alcohol is fucking gross. Shit makes me wanna gag.

RageAndLov
10-27-2011, 05:21 PM

-I don't think The Lonely Island is funny at all. In fact I can't even stand to listen to them. Their shtick is the same in every single song, and I'm beyond sick of having to hear Andy Samberg yelling "AW SHIT" every day at work while the people around me sit there giggling like little girls.

The Lonely Island was never funny, but they know how to make catchy songs which are fun to sing along with.