PDA

View Full Version : I'm faced with a question

My Name Was Taken
10-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Should I continue the sweet, innocent, charade with my peers?
Now that they've seen into my personal life a bit, I don't see the point in keeping it up.
Should I be myself...? The cynical bitch who will tell you what she thinks, weather or not you want to hear it.

Offspring-Junkie
10-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Must ... resist ... trolling ...

wheelchairman
10-24-2011, 01:51 PM
How about instead of being either completely fake or completely annoying you find a more natural way to exist comfortably in your environment while still not swaying between two completely different personas. We all have to adjust our behavior a little bit, it makes society more pleasant than having an army of opinionated morons shrieking advice all the time.

My Name Was Taken
10-25-2011, 06:19 AM
completely annoying

Part of the person I pretend to be. I annoy myself, half the time. I portray myself as an annoying freak to keep people at a distance. So far, itís worked. There are about four people who know the real me. I only have about four real friends. I have about three that know the girl whoís somewhere in between. My boyfriend knows me, but he notices when I switch between persona A and persona B. He calls me ďsillyĒ a lot. :/

Little_Miss_1565
10-25-2011, 10:20 AM
How about instead of being either completely fake or completely annoying you find a more natural way to exist comfortably in your environment while still not swaying between two completely different personas. We all have to adjust our behavior a little bit, it makes society more pleasant than having an army of opinionated morons shrieking advice all the time.

I think you should write a book on the care and feeding of teenagers. There is wisdom here.

ad8
10-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Should I continue the sweet, innocent, charade with my peers?
Now that they've seen into my personal life a bit, I don't see the point in keeping it up.
Should I be myself...? The cynical bitch who will tell you what she thinks, weather or not you want to hear it.
it really doesnt matter... there will always be people who support you and people who don't, so you are completely free to decide.

My Name Was Taken
10-25-2011, 10:33 AM
So I see most of you are saying yes...
Now I have another question....
How do I break the habit of being so.... weird in public?

personal_loans_1
10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Cura te ipsum mrs. House.

Antonioffspring
10-25-2011, 03:06 PM
So what about sweet, innocent and cynical bitch? Sounds like an improvement.

You could eliminate the bitch later, unless you open legs and make money with it.

Also, don't listen to poll too much, people are going to vote yes for fun like me...and then we could talk more about the bitch...

Little_Miss_1565
10-25-2011, 05:27 PM
bitch

That word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Llamas
10-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Antonioffspring = HAU... am I wrong? The guy is definitely not new around here, and his errors in English seem so, so familiar...

T-6005
10-25-2011, 05:51 PM
It takes a long time to start thinking in personality types that aren't vacuous abstractions, especially if you're stuck in them.

It's no doubt why, once we manage to break free to any degree - or at least convince ourselves that that's what's happened - we begin to detest seeing such static archetypes persisting in the world around us.

Also, My Name Was Taken, not to be nitpicky, but if you're a cynical bitch who tells people what she things who acts like a sweet innocent... you're not actually a person who tells people what she thinks.

Apathy
10-26-2011, 12:00 AM
I only have about four real friends.

This is three or four more than many, many people in the world.

Here's my advice- even if you can't realize it right now, this behavior you're displaying is self-pitying. You're feeling bad about yourself because you can't stop being moody and hormonal, and because you are fully aware that you're moody half the time you say fuck it I don't care and half the time you hate yourself for the first half.

So just stop it. Find a balance. Be authentic within practicality. Find a way to make yourself happy without pissing anyone else off, but also without worrying about if you've pissed someone off.

Or, y'know, just be an annoying fuck all throughout your teenage years. Most people are anyway, so you kinda get a free pass.

My Name Was Taken
10-26-2011, 06:19 AM
Not to be nitpicky, but if you're a cynical bitch who tells people what she things who acts like a sweet innocent... you're not actually a person who tells people what she thinks.
I'll be the bitch around people that I REALLY know, or that Iíll never see again. That's actually how I met my boyfriend. We were in a facebook group chat and I was correcting people for their bad grammar and inability to spell. Then he joined the chat and got a real kick out of it.

This is three or four more than many, many people in the world..
I've got four that say they'll always be there for me. Only one that I truly believe.

Or, y'know, just be an annoying fuck all throughout your teenage years. Most people are anyway, so you kinda get a free pass.I don't like to be annoying. It's... Annoying.

wheelchairman
10-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Don't be one of those people who correct spelling or grammar, its intellectual behavior for the dim-witted. Clearly you don't belong in that group.

Llamas
10-26-2011, 06:29 AM
I'll be the bitch around people that I REALLY know, or that Iíll never see again. That's actually how I met my boyfriend. We were in a facebook group chat and I was correcting people for their bad grammar and inability to spell. Then he joined the chat and got a real kick out of it.

You and your boyfriend sound like the kinds of people I would've loooooooved when I was a teenager. If you like such kinds of people, then be yourself and keep it up. However, if you're worried about how few friends you have, you might consider dialing it back a bit. When I think about the person I was as a teenager, I hate that person... and I remember how few friends that version of me had. It doesn't bother me to *not* be an asshole to everyone, and correct everyone... god, when I was like 18, I put someone's cigarettes in a glass of water because she was complaining that she was so poor she couldn't afford milk. I was berating her for wasting her money on cigs. I was such an asshole. You're in a position we all face: you either have to accept that a lot of people don't like you and be okay with that, or you have to change your attitude a bit.

Harleyquiiinn
10-26-2011, 06:43 AM
That word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Inconceivable !

yarock
10-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Prepare to die.

My Name Was Taken
10-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Prepare to die.

Is that a death threat? Don't make me get all legal on your ass. (kidding)

Harleyquiiinn
10-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Is that a death threat? Don't make me get all legal on your ass. (kidding)

It depends. Does your right hand has six fingers ?

My Name Was Taken
10-27-2011, 06:03 AM
It depends. Does your right hand have six fingers?

Why the hell did I just look at my right hand?

My Name Was Taken
10-27-2011, 06:04 AM
Don't be one of those people who correct spelling or grammar, its intellectual behavior for the dim-witted. Clearly you don't belong in that group.

Wait... I'm pretty sure this was a complement.
How can it be? WCM said it... TO ME O.o

wheelchairman
10-27-2011, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't want to seem like a loud-mouthed opionated teen...

Nag but seriously, i use negative reinforcement when i think it's more appropriate, like on things that are clearly stupid.

oakweb
10-29-2011, 12:03 AM
resist it...:)

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2011, 05:06 AM
If there really are only those two extreme archetypes to your personality, my suggestion would be work on nurturing the happy medium inbetween, while simultaneously trying to understand that personality archetypes are complete manufactured bullshit anyway.

And in my experience, "people who speak their mind and aren't afraid to" are usually utter bitches nobody wants to spend time with. If you consider yourself to be a free spirit who isn't afraid to forcefully crowbar their opinion into every damn discussion, then work on that.