PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Drugs

bighead384
10-30-2011, 09:59 PM
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Sonic-Drugs--132758593.html

Wow, this is the craziest thing I've ever heard of. Apparently hearing certain sound frequencies can mimic the effect of drugs (to some extent). And there are websites that sell doses of these sound effects. I just found out about this and I'm quite curious, although I haven't found any of these Sonic Drug websites yet.

Anyone know anything about this?

Jebus
10-30-2011, 10:40 PM
I downloaded it a couple years ago. Didn't do anything for me.

skrillex
10-31-2011, 01:36 AM
What the fuck. That's not okay. Couldn't that mean they're closer to actually controlling us through frequencies?

jacknife737
11-01-2011, 10:43 AM
This has "placebo" written all over it.

ThunderPX
11-01-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm sick of seeing this bullshit pop up every so often. This thread is now about Sonic the Hedgehog.

Jojan
11-01-2011, 11:42 AM
This has "placebo" written all over it.

But without the quotation marks.

Jakebert
11-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah, there's been research done on it since it first hit the internet like 6 years ago, and most have confirmed that it's purely a placebo effect. I tried it myself a few years ago and all that happened is that I got a little bit of a headache and little dizzy from blasting white noise into my ears for 20 minutes.

PAC90
11-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I've heard you start hallucinating if you cover your eyes and listen to white noise for a while cause your brain starts making shit up. i'll try to find the place where i read that though

wheelchairman
11-01-2011, 08:42 PM
I heard you can actually stop your heart (accidentally, though still fatal) by playing this stuff really loud with your eyes closed for a sustained period. It's called "you're an idiot who believes everything he reads so I'll feed you bullshit".

Al Coholic
11-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Hey bro, if I download sonic pot, can I also download a sonic cheesburger for my ear munchies bro? Cause like, brooooooo.

bro

PAC90
11-02-2011, 05:57 AM
I heard you can actually stop your heart (accidentally, though still fatal) by playing this stuff really loud with your eyes closed for a sustained period. It's called "you're an idiot who believes everything he reads so I'll feed you bullshit".

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~einbrain/colourblind.pdf

.|.

Little_Miss_1565
11-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Really looking forward to people to stop talking about this ridiculous fad. It's like when Fox News freaked out about sex bracelets. It's a non-story and a distraction from things the news networks should be covering. Also, when your only sources are people who are all "Dude, I'm totally feeling something...wait...oh. WAIT, no, seriously...I'm totally high...ahh, f it, this sucks, let's go play basketball", it probably means the story is about nothing.

bro

Sustained.

Al Coholic
11-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Subject: Colored Bracelets and our Children! A MUST READ!

For any of you that have children... please read! Well there was a story on KMOV and the link is at the bottom. I would have never thought this but the times are definitely changing! Read the story..
To all of my Concerned Christian Crew (CCC):

Please take time to read. Just another reason why the Bible directs us to ALWAYS pray.

Have you heard about the bracelets that have been banned in the middle school in O'Fallon. I did a show on it last night because 75% of our kids go to Fulton Middle School and their school was featured on Channel 4 Wednesday night for the principal banning them. The young girls have been wearing colored jelly bracelets. Each color indicates the sexual favors they will perform. I had no idea this was going on...so last night...after confirming all of the facts with KMOV Channel 4 television station....I did a show on it. After researching the story....I found out that this began in Florida and is now spreading nationwide. The kids confirmed that they knew about the bracelets and even educated me what each color means.

The Blue is Oral
The red is no condom
Black is with a condom
Red & Black is a 69 position
Pink is.....licking butt
Green is..upper body only

Can you believe these are our 11-13 year olds

really, licking butt?

Jakebert
11-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Oh man I was a freshman in high school when that whole thing began to circulate. I remember everyone in my high school being completely confused and trying to figure out if that was a real thing or not.

WebDudette
11-03-2011, 01:04 AM
I especially like the pink one because I read it as an ellipsis like this 'pink DUN DUN DUN liking butt.'

Llamas
11-03-2011, 06:22 AM
lol no guys would go for the girls wearing a pink bracelet. All they'll do is "lick butt"? Sounds pretty boring. I never heard about this before, though.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-03-2011, 06:26 AM
That strikes me as being very similar to the whole "Rainbow parties" thing, which turned out to be utter bullshit too.

I'm also amused at the idea that the jelly bracelets might also have WWJD? on them. "WWJD? Black, so he'd do it with a condom"