PDA

View Full Version : Ranting...

My Name Was Taken
11-01-2011, 08:49 AM
I’m thinking of doing a weekly rant. There are a lot of topics that I have very strong opinions about, but there’s not always a place for me to voice those opinions. I’d like to share my thoughts with BBS members, and I would like to receive feedback from you guys, too. I’d like to hear your opinions.

Of course, there are so many things to talk about, I'm not sure where to start. I'll take suggestions here.

bighead384
11-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Well good for you.

But here's my weekly rant:

What the hell is wrong with people that don't speak clearly and refuse to fix the problem? Like, what do the honestly make of the fact that people constantly can't understand them? A lot of people just mumble or talk to fast. Another problem that people can't conceptualize the volume they need to speak at given factors like the distance away from the person they are trying to communicate is. Or, if the person they are trying to communicate with has a loud source of noise pollution right next to them. Or, they don't understand that when they turn around and face another direction, it is more difficult to hear. I work with someone like this and I hate life more and more every time I have to ask her to repeat what she fucking said.

Are these people for some reason unable to fix the problem? What stops them from thinking "hey, if I improve the way I speak, I will have to repeat myself less, and people won't have to constantly say "what"?

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
11-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Abortion..

Al Coholic
11-01-2011, 09:34 PM
I'll take suggestions here.
Don't.

Just Don't.

Frankly nobody wants to hear it.

In fact, a lot of people are sick of your attention seeking posts.

In fact, if some of the old users like Baldwin were still around, he'd likely point out that you are an annoying, fat, attention-seeking nuisance and that you've contracted herpes or whatever from when your attention seeking became attention-whoring. He'd likely rally other board members and they would all point out how shitty and annoying your posts are. Some would wonder if someone this purposely annoying wasn't perhaps an alt account of BPB or somebody else lame enough to troll a message board. At the end of the day, a lot of people would ignore list you, and the rest would just pile on you. You'd probably end up with some kind of nickname involving gonorrhea, and eventually stop posting alltogether.

Good thing for you he's not here though. But I think most people will agree with me when I politely point out you should tone it down, a lot.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2011, 06:01 AM
I don't know what your post history is like, I haven't been back long enough, but as for the idea of a ranting blog - don't bother. As said above, nobody wants to read it. Ever. Even if it's witty, or insightful, or damning in it's machinations - really, nobody cares. I've read a few of them when I was a Livejournal lurker and I never came across a single one that didn't just seem like an attempt to hold onto what should have been long-forgotten teenage angst.

I don't know how deep your issues are, or how worthy they are. That isn't for me or anyone else to judge anyway. If they're seriously causing you grief, go see someone about it. A rant blog will accomplish nothing except placing you in the already over-saturated phalanx of whingy world-weary blogsters.

My Name Was Taken
11-02-2011, 07:08 AM
My posting history sucks.
I've been in therapy since I was eleven.
I'm working on my issues, I swear.
Bipolar Bear is an asshole. He's changed alot... You guys might actually like him nowadays.

holland25
11-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Bipolar Bear is an asshole. He's changed alot... You guys might actually like him nowadays.

No, I still don't.

My Name Was Taken
11-02-2011, 02:16 PM
No, I still don't.

lol. I kinda feel bad for him. He's only got like, 2 friends these days.

Omni
11-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I take it having only two friends (including you?) means his big-time change was for the worse.

Llamas
11-02-2011, 05:12 PM
I take it having only two friends (including you?) means his big-time change was for the worse.

I take it he had 0 friends before the change; this is a huge improvement.

Al Coholic
11-02-2011, 06:52 PM
The change being creating 2 alt accounts and befreinding himself?

My Name Was Taken
11-07-2011, 07:09 AM
I'm not one of them. I cant stand being around people like him. H'es become what he's always hated.

I take it he had 0 friends before the change; this is a huge improvement.
It was more like 4, but still.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Who the hell is this bipolar bear person?

My Name Was Taken
11-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Have you been gone so long that you knew him as Jim109109?

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-08-2011, 02:03 AM
That doesn't ring a bell either to be honest.

holland25
11-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Actually I think TUNB left before Bipolar joined.

My Name Was Taken
11-08-2011, 07:07 AM

Really? Because I swear I remember him. Maybe I'd just seen old posts of his.

Outerspaceman21
11-08-2011, 02:11 PM

Yeah, I started posting a little after Bipolar joined and Nightbringer was not posting at that time (at least to my knowledge)

bighead384
11-09-2011, 09:30 AM
It would be cool if Bipolar Bear came back every once in a while. Where does he post now?

My Name Was Taken
11-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Nothingboard.com
but right now he's not active.
wont be for at least another month. says he's going through "major life changes" more like personality chages

EDIT: This (http://youtu.be/dao_N_vbsU4) Is his theme song.

dexter12296566
11-09-2011, 02:10 PM
i have heard of him but i wasnt around in time to meet the dude... whats so bad about him?

My Name Was Taken
11-09-2011, 02:13 PM
He's a two faced bastard
and they hate him cuz he's annoying.