PDA

View Full Version : Doors

Al Coholic
11-16-2011, 08:27 PM
I like big heavy doors. They just seem cool, like you're opening something special. Also I like doors with glass in them, it's like another window. French doors kinda suck because they are easy to break into. I like sliding glass doors, I just wish they came in smaller increments instead of half a room always being blocked off.

What doors do you like?

Jojan
11-17-2011, 05:17 AM
I do not mind most doors. But I really hate public doors with a handle on the side where you are meant to push, and not pull. Some revolving doors are dumb as well.

Retard
11-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Revolving Doors are my favorite kind of door.

Llamas
11-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Mildly amusing instructional video on how to open a door (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wof0xPUmW38). Literally. Two minutes long. My life has been changed forever.

personal_loans_1
11-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Sure, laugh, but can you do that fancy turn?
I'd really like to know what they did this for, like, really. In 1979.

I really like my wc doors. Especially the lock in them. This is one of those, that seem to be very hard to open, but in fact it needs more of technique than strength. Easy, when you know how, my kinetic memory is responsible for that for me for a long long time. But people who use it for a first time usually have problems. They can shut it but then they can't open it. I like to observe in what time they ask for help. :D Poor fluttering, muttering things. That's not easy to explain how to open it. People usually don't believe they can do this. Ok. I had 5-6 such a cases. Like, total despair. Once my dad had to destroy the entire lock to free a prisoner of my mad wc. Once I had to spend about a half an hour under those doors with an italian dictionary to explain a foreign guest how to get out or try at least. Little kids and teenagers are the worst because they cry. Of course at the beginning I also had that problem, but now I'm an expert.

One more thing about doors. Do you lock them when you're at home? I always do, and the key stays in if I know that nobody will come home after me. It drives me crazy, that in all movies/ tv series nobody does it, never. It looks so fake. Like people in movies/ hardly ever (or maybe only in strictly adventure ones), try to keep mosquitos away, I don't know how to call that move in english, all I've found is 'aussie salute' as australian slang, anyway, that's looks so fake too.

The Doors - film was great. I mean that with Val Kilmer.

bighead384
11-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Some people lock car doors when they're driving. Why?

I don't do that. Unless I'm in some really bad area.

If I'm a passenger, I don't like how someone else gets to control when I exit the car.

PAC90
11-21-2011, 07:03 AM
Some people lock car doors when they're driving. Why?

I don't do that. Unless I'm in some really bad area.

If I'm a passenger, I don't like how someone else gets to control when I exit the car.

I usually lock them because I drive in an area where people have very bad tempers, once a car with two guys chased me so they could beat me up so I like to have my doors locked as a precaution at least. My car only locks the doors from the outside so i don't have the second problem

bighead384
11-21-2011, 07:10 AM
I usually lock them because I drive in an area where people have very bad tempers, once a car with two guys chased me so they could beat me up so I like to have my doors locked as a precaution at least. My car only locks the doors from the outside so i don't have the second problem

Yeah, I guess. You could always just look the doors after you suspect danger though.

Llamas
11-21-2011, 07:34 AM
I do it because it's a good habit to get into. I'd rather not have to think about locking them when I see suspicious behavior. And if I lock the doors, it's not like my passengers don't have the ability to simply unlock their door and leave - unless you know people who use the child locks, which would be legit crazy.

bighead384
11-21-2011, 08:07 AM
And if I lock the doors, it's not like my passengers don't have the ability to simply unlock their door and leave - unless you know people who use the child locks, which would be legit crazy.
Some cars just don't have locks in the back seats. My mom's husbands car is like this and it drives me crazy. I swear he takes extra long to unlock the doors because he knows everyone wants to get out. He is a business owner/boss and he has a rather controlling personality type, so it makes sense.

PAC90
11-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah child locks are more annoying. I mean how retarded has your kid got to be that he opens the door while the car is moving?

Of course I'm not counting little kids because they have, special seats and that keeps them from reaching out and jumping out of the car (not that i would think that to be common....)

Llamas
11-28-2011, 02:10 AM
An often overlooked feature of any home would be the door. Doors do a lot more than just open and close, they separate rooms, surfaces and they also stop pesky things from entering your home such as the weather, the sound of your neighbour's old Ford Cortina starting up, unwanted people or a Gazelle. They come in a wide range of shapes, sizes, styles and materials however their purpose still remains the same.

I'm beginning to love this guy/bot...

wheelchairman
12-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I find people who live in their own place yet who lock their bathroom doors to be strange. I find it stranger when they do it as my guest. But that's pretty strange behavior here. I think the last time it happened was over 2 years ago. Maybe Danes are just more precautious about bursting into strange bathrooms than some of you seem to be.

PAC90
12-04-2011, 11:35 AM
I find people who live in their own place yet who lock their bathroom doors to be strange. I find it stranger when they do it as my guest. But that's pretty strange behavior here. I think the last time it happened was over 2 years ago. Maybe Danes are just more precautious about bursting into strange bathrooms than some of you seem to be.

I do that actually but i had an annoying childhood friend who always liked to open the bathroom door when his friends were there so i guess i'm still traumatized by that