PDA

View Full Version : Nickelback responds to everyone's hatred.

bighead384
11-23-2011, 08:39 AM
There's a petition (http://www.change.org/petitions/the-detroit-lions-replace-nickelback-as-the-halftime-show-for-the-thanksgiving-game) to replace Nickelback as the halftime entertainers for the Detroit Lion's Thanksgiving game. In the link below, Nickelback responds to it. Hahaha. Well at least they have a sense of humor about it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/nickelback-responds-to-everybodys-hatred

That one song they had was pretty good. I think it was their first single. "This is How You Remind Me".

XYlophonetreeZ
11-23-2011, 09:52 AM
That one song that had was pretty good. I think it was their first single. "This is How You Remind Me".
Everyone always says this, and I don't understand. That song sounds just like everything else they've done.

bighead384
11-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Everyone always says this, and I don't understand. That song sounds just like everything else they've done.

Probably because it was their first single. Before everyone got fucking tired of them.

To be honest, I don't think Nickelback is terrible. They're just boring as hell.

As a professional music producer/engineer/songwriter and lifelong Lions fan, I am disgusted with the choice of Nickelback as a representation of music and culture in Detroit. Our city is famous for the creation of an entire genre, Motown, very few cities can make this claim. Not to mention very strong hip-hop, dj, and rock and roll scenes.
The thanksgiving game is a privilege, and we are very proud of our 2011 Lions team. Its a chance for Detroit to be on a national stage and show where we truly are at. Show our passion for our team, and show the world Detroit. So...
Nickelback? Is Nickelback Detroit? Does Nickelback have songs that reflect what we do in Detroit? What life is like? Nickelbacks' music doesn't even reflect a musical genre that has ever been popular in the city. It is not rock and roll, its a nasty hybrid of the worst manufactured music on the planet.
Lions Administration needs to dig a little deeper to identify who their fans are and select music to reflect that. I don't personally know anyone that listens to Nickelback, they exemplify much of what is wrong with music. We are a hard working city that has guts, not the nicest city, not the cleanest, but NOT fake. Detroit has some proud people, so pick an act that is real.
I'd be happy to offer suggestions.- Some guy who signed the petition and got the most "likes" for his reason.

Haha this guy really went off.

mrconeman
11-23-2011, 10:12 AM
I guess he lost his mind in Detroit Rock City.

personal_loans_1
11-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Poor Jesus. :( "This is How You Remind Me" is great brainworm, I thought I don't get it either, but when I tried to recall it, and I looked at a title once again I laughed. Now that what you wrote sounds so ironically.

Retard
11-23-2011, 12:07 PM
That was dumb. They all should burn in "hell".

cool 2 hate 681
11-23-2011, 12:32 PM
To be honest, I don't think Nickelback is terrible. They're just boring as hell.

same here..

Retard
11-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Being boring as hell makes them terrible.

WebDudette
11-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Some people on facebook were talking about Nickelback and one guy said something along the lines of 'if you want real quality lyrics listen to Corey Taylor's projects or Mudvayne.'

Retard
11-23-2011, 03:22 PM
I push my finger into my eeeeyyyyeeee!

Llamas
11-23-2011, 04:17 PM
I honestly thought the video was awful when I saw it. It wasn't funny, and I didn't think Nickelback had a very good sense of humor at all. Can't be surprised that they are laughing it off, though... it gets them attention and money. They like being hated. They revel in it.

I liked How You Remind me in like 2001. Then they remade that song again another 40 times.

Jakebert
11-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Hating Nickelback, hating Creed, hating Justin Bieber, etc. is one of those things that's much more annoying than the bands themselves. It's shooting fish in a barrel, and it's an easy target for people who such at being original.

Retard
11-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Nickleback is the only one out of those artists that I actually hate. I think Creed is fucking hilarious, I can't hate them. Justin Bieber is there, I don't hate him, but I don't really like him. Good for that little dude for getting all that money, and for having the guts to do that paternity test.

Llamas
11-24-2011, 12:56 PM
hating Creed,
Oh, hi, I didn't know it was 2001!

But seriously...

Hating Nickelback, hating Creed, hating Justin Bieber, etc. is one of those things that's much more annoying than the bands themselves. It's shooting fish in a barrel, and it's an easy target for people who such at being original.

I agree, but it's just so hard not to hate certain things. I mean, the Bieber hate is super ridiculous because he's a young boy targeted toward teen girls. Everything about that is forgivable. Nobody takes it seriously, nobody actually has Bieber as an interest that defines them as a person... but Nickelback and Twilight are horrid things that are adored by adults that we have to deal with day-to-day at work. And when you get something shoved down your throat like that, it's hard not to hate it. However, I don't think I know anyone anymore who actually likes Nickelback, so my hate has subsided. However, Twilight drives me crazy...

Omni
11-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I really love Creed's first album.

My girlfriend, my brother, and I went to see a movie a week or so ago. We didn't know what we were going to see, but we were sure we'd find something that would be at least tolerable. Then we find that the entire theater had, for some reason, been shut down after 9 o'clock with the exception of Twilight showings. That really is just unforgivable. I can't not hate Twilight for that.

Llamas
11-24-2011, 04:30 PM
I really love Creed's first album.

Yeah actually My Own Prison was pretty decent for what it was. They didn't start getting obnoxious and preachy til Human Clay. But then they were so bad that they wiped away any recollection most people had of the first album.

JohnnyNemesis
11-24-2011, 09:31 PM
My Own Prison had some legit amazing songs, but also had it's fair share of fucking garbage. Their song "Torn" off of that album is fucking amazing, though.

personal_loans_1
11-25-2011, 03:07 AM
At least you may ask Twilight fans what's so great about it and have fun.

I recalled another Nikelback song, something with word 'hero'. What's the title? Hero. Cool system.

Hate floods suck.

randman21
11-25-2011, 06:45 AM
"Hero" was a great one. That was Chad Kroeger featuring Josey Scott, if that makes any difference. I liked "How You Remind Me" and I heard their latest single on the radio once. I thought it was pretty damn cool. Other than those, probably my least favorite band ever. But it's easier to live with them when you stop listening to the radio.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-25-2011, 10:08 AM
"Hero" was a great one. That was Chad Kroeger featuring Josey Scott, if that makes any difference.
Yup, I agree with this. Really like that song, and the one he did with Santana wasn't too bad. Just something about the band as a whole just... blows.

PAC90
11-25-2011, 01:18 PM
I honestly only hate the album "all the right reasons" from Nickelback. The rest I can tolerate, I don't love it but If it's on the radio it doesn't bother me

Jakebert
11-25-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't think I've heard a Nickelback song in like 3 years since I don't listen to radio at all.

They're easy enough to avoid.

JohnnyNemesis
11-26-2011, 06:50 AM
That Hero song is terrible why aren't you all dead yet

Retard
11-26-2011, 08:01 AM
That hero song is sooo fucking bad. Which makes me love it.

jacknife737
11-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Guys, come on, Creed and Nickleback are cultural abortions.

Let's not pretend otherwise.

bighead384
11-26-2011, 10:40 AM
"Someone told me love would all save us
But how can that be when look what love gave us"

That's from that Hero song. It doesn't make sense. "Love would all save us"?

Omni
11-26-2011, 12:06 PM
That Hero song is terrible why aren't you all dead yet

I hate that song more than any Nickelback song I've ever heard.

cool 2 hate 681
11-26-2011, 02:24 PM
yeah that hero song is really terrible

I hate that song more than any Nickelback song I've ever heard.

the only song by them i ever heard is how you remind me thank god i live in california and not oklahoma or somewhere like that where nickelback is always on the radio

jacknife737
11-29-2011, 02:39 PM
I don't think I've heard a Nickelback song in like 3 years since I don't listen to radio at all.

They're easy enough to avoid.

This is quite true.

I actually don't think i can name a single of their's since "how you remind me". I stopped listening to altrock radio once i turned like 13 or so.

Worst thing about nickleback though was the various clones they spawned, like Theory of a Deadman, which were even more horrible than the original thing.

Omni
11-30-2011, 05:19 AM
I can't not listen to the radio at all. Even if I now listen to it far less, I'm scared of losing pop culture knowledge and missing out on a few good acts that come along.

Retard
11-30-2011, 08:19 PM
That's what the internet is for man.

Jakebert
12-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I've developed a system of internet browsing that allows me to constantly be discovering new things. I actually think I discover way more new music through the internet than I ever did with radio and TV because those venues are pretty limited to stuff that's already popular, then just repeating the same stuff over and over again.

Omni
12-01-2011, 02:04 PM
I, too, discover FAR more new things online than on the radio. But I don't discover pop music online.