PDA

View Full Version : The Gay World Series

bighead384
11-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Banned players settle with gay softball group
(http://news.yahoo.com/banned-players-settle-gay-softball-group-183040349.html)

Tournament officials convened a protest committee and brought in five D2 members for questioning. In a conference room filled with about 25 people, many of them strangers, the players were asked questions about their sexuality and private lives. The protest committee then voted on whether the men were gay.

Two were determined to be gay, but the committee found Apilado, Charles and Russ to be straight. The organization said that at the time, the men never identified themselves as bisexual, were evasive or refused to answer questions about their sexuality. Minutes of the hearing say that Charles claimed to be gay but acknowledged being married to a woman, and Apilado initially said he was both gay and straight but then acknowledged being more attracted to women.
The men said they weren't given the option of stating outright that they were bisexual, even though the organization considered bisexual players to be gay for roster purposes. They and their team were disqualified. One observer at the hearing commented, "This is not a bisexual World Series. This is a gay World Series."

Llamas
11-29-2011, 08:17 AM
This stuff always bugs me. The LGBT community claims to be an open, accepting one, where people aren't judged. However, the way the community especially treats bi and trans people is just awful - but almost as annoying is excluding hetero people from "gay" activities. Discriminating like that only furthers separation and breeds hate.

Jakebert
11-29-2011, 12:00 PM
I thought this thread was going to about General Offspring Discussion.

jacknife737
11-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Well that seems sort of odd, still, I bet there's more to this than what the story suggests. Seems like the perfect fodder though for somebody like Bill Oriley "Gay Gestapo, discriminates against white males and hates America".

I thought this thread was going to about General Offspring Discussion.

I lol'd.