PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Americana in Guitar World's Best Guitar Album of 1998

Alex101
11-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Guitar World is now asking us what was the best guitar album of 1998 and Americana is on the list! Start voting!

http://www.guitarworld.com/poll-what-was-best-guitar-album-1998

Jojan
11-29-2011, 12:50 PM
No ones gives a fuck about those polls. It will not change anything if we vote. Especially since it is not a democratic vote process. The one with most power will win, and then what will happen?

Alex101
11-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Jojan, they're just asking us to vote for what was the best guitar album by year.

holland25
11-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Jesus. Not again. I guess I'll make a thread titled 'Vote for Alex101 as the most annoying BBS member of 2011'.

Alex101
11-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Jesus. Not again. I guess I'll make a thread titled 'Vote for Alex101 as the most annoying BBS member of 2011'.
*sigh* How many times do I have to tell you people? Those polls I share here are just asking us to vote for something.

personal_loans_1
11-29-2011, 02:56 PM
*sigh* How many times do I have to tell you people? Those polls I share here are just asking us to vote for something.

Thanks, I had no idea what's going on.

ThunderPX
11-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Vote for Alex101 in Offspring Forums' Stop Posting Forever Poll

Puschka
11-30-2011, 07:25 PM
voted. offspring must win this time!

Jakebert
12-01-2011, 03:03 PM
I have a few questions:

1.) Why is it such a big deal that they win? Like, these polls are so meaningless. Why such an imperative to vote for them? I mean it's nice to see a band you like get recognition, but what's the point when you're more or less skewering the results?

And, for those that take it seriously?

2.) Why is this the best guitar album of 1998? I'm not even trashing Americana by saying this, but it's not the best guitar album on that list. Wouldn't a "great" guitar album be one that uses guitar in a cool or distinctive way? Like, A Thousand Leaves by Sonic Youth being on that list makes sense because the unconventional guitar tones and style of playing makes it a unique guitar album. An album that more or less uses nothing but basic punk rock power chords can't really be called interesting from a guitar playing standpoint.

3.) Who the fuck made that list? It's the most random grouping of albums I've ever seen. Half of those bands aren't relevant to anyone anymore, and the other half don't even fir the criteria. I mean R.E.M. is my favorite band, but UP is an electropop album with very little guitar on it at all, and when there is guitar it's usually used as shading or rhythm to support the electronic mood pieces. Who the fuck considers that a guitar album?

Llamas
12-01-2011, 04:05 PM
No ones gives a fuck about those polls. It will not change anything if we vote. Especially since it is not a democratic vote process. The one with most power will win, and then what will happen?

Jojan, they're just asking us to vote for what was the best guitar album by year.

I have a few questions:

1.) Why is it such a big deal that they win? Like, these polls are so meaningless. Why such an imperative to vote for them? I mean it's nice to see a band you like get recognition, but what's the point when you're more or less skewering the results?

And, for those that take it seriously?

2.) Why is this the best guitar album of 1998? I'm not even trashing Americana by saying this, but it's not the best guitar album on that list. Wouldn't a "great" guitar album be one that uses guitar in a cool or distinctive way? Like, A Thousand Leaves by Sonic Youth being on that list makes sense because the unconventional guitar tones and style of playing makes it a unique guitar album. An album that more or less uses nothing but basic punk rock power chords can't really be called interesting from a guitar playing standpoint.

3.) Who the fuck made that list? It's the most random grouping of albums I've ever seen. Half of those bands aren't relevant to anyone anymore, and the other half don't even fir the criteria. I mean R.E.M. is my favorite band, but UP is an electropop album with very little guitar on it at all, and when there is guitar it's usually used as shading or rhythm to support the electronic mood pieces. Who the fuck considers that a guitar album?

Here, let me give Alex101 a hand:

Jakebert, Alex101 is just sharing polls that are asking people to vote for the best album by year. Why is that so hard to understand?? :rolleyes:

But for real, I've made all three of your points in previous Alex101 poll threads. This isn't the first. Ignition was listed for best guitar album of 1992... The fact that Offspring albums show up on these lists makes me heavily question the education required for Guitar World's staff...

danitanev
12-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Voted for The Offspring! I tried a couple of times but it looks like you can't vote more than once now.

Alex101
12-04-2011, 11:52 AM
When I just voted, I saw that Americana is number two.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
12-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Yeah System of a Down is killing everyone. I agree with anyone who said that Americana doesn't necessarily deserve the title of best GUITAR album of 1998, but it is my favorite album of that year.

Alex101, we all like you (and personally I don't find it too annoying when you post these), but you might want to stop announcing these polls before you get voted as the most annoying of 2011.

If we want to vote on these, we'll keep track of them ourselves. Thanks

mrconeman
12-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Interesting to see that viewers are actually ALMOST getting this one right. Joe Satriani is in third position, if you retarded zombies stopped voting for The Offspring, just for the sake of it, and if System of a Downs fans weren't probably doing the same, the person who deserves it would actually win.

But again, as mentioned, these things are so fucking pointless, it's not like even The Offspring are going to care if they win or lose this, they won't even know it existed most likely.

Alex101
12-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Now they're asking us to vote for Conspiracy of One as the Best Guitar Album of 2000

http://www.guitarworld.com/poll-what-was-best-guitar-album-2000

ThunderPX
12-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Everybody vote for ChrisDude in the Offspring Forums' Shut The Fuck Up All Years Poll!

Little_Miss_1565
12-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Now they're asking us to vote for Conspiracy of One as the Best Guitar Album of 2000

http://www.guitarworld.com/poll-what-was-best-guitar-album-2000

STEELY DAN!!!

yessss!

Omni
12-13-2011, 04:34 PM
If the Offspring win this, they get nothing. No award, no extra recognition. This is some stupid online "just for the hell of it" thing that offers no clout or prestige, gets published nowhere, and no one hears about it.

It'd be different if it was a Grammy or something (which have also become pretty stupid).

cool 2 hate 681
12-13-2011, 05:45 PM
i think chrisdude101 is also otto on thebrpage

http://www.thebrpage.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7090&PID=146728

Retard
12-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Otto101?
Ottodude?

weezly
12-14-2011, 02:24 AM
chrisdude, you got my vote, for most accepting of a change of name.

davidburley74
01-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi this is David.
I also for this, because i also see the performence of the Americana in guitar. I like it fabulous.

Thankyou

MOTO13
01-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Great...best guitar album 1998. Fouteen years ago...really relevant. Does anyone remember who got it for 1976? File this in the who gives a crap file. If you get excited about this, you have a problem.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
01-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I forgot about this thread.
Has Alex101/Chrisdude left for good now?