PDA

View Full Version : An Annoying Situation I'm Constantly In

bighead384
12-04-2011, 10:30 AM
For some reason, I'm frequently in situations where it seems a friend has done wrong to me to the point where the only way they could possibly be innocent is if something EXTREMELY unlikely occured. Still, this friend will continue to use that tiny bit of wiggle room to insist that they've done nothing wrong, acting as if wrongdoings in friendship are to be held to the same standards as crimes are in a court of law.

Recently, I left my Wii and two controllers over a friends house. Another friend who I am not as close with came over to the previously mentioned friend's house to play Wii. The friend I am not as close with, for some fucking reason, took one of my Wii remotes and I was told he did this because he thought it was his.

I already had two controllers for them to use, so why would he even bring one? And if he did bring one, wouldn't he just use the one I'd left there and save battery, while keeping the one he bought off to the side somewhere?

I visited to the house of the friend who took my controller to get it back. He first gave my one that was noticeably worn with sticky buttons. I told him it's not mine. He then gave me one that appeared okay, but when I got home to use it, I found that I can't get the Wii to recognize the nanchuck extension, which was never a problem for me. It also had batteries that were not the ones I recently installed.

Do things like this happen to everyone or just me? The part I can't get around is that I will think I have a grasp on someone's character, and then they always surprise me with something ridiculous like this.

Homer
12-04-2011, 01:35 PM
The girl I loved told me that she cheated on me with my coworker and didn't tell me for six months as I continued to work with that person and continued to be with this girl. The girl I fell in love with.

Calm the fuck down, jesus christ.

Jakebert
12-04-2011, 02:33 PM
No bighead, this has never happened to anyone else anywhere. You are such a special little flower, a unique snowflake, that your experiences are singular to yourself. No one has ever experienced what you have, thus making you so incredibly smart with insights that none of us could ever create. You are who you are, and anyone that doesn't see that can fuck off because no one should ever judge you for being you.

T-6005
12-04-2011, 03:03 PM
So did they take your controller and leave theirs, or just take both?

I only ask because I'm trying very hard to ignore Carson's comment and how uncomfortable it makes me.

Coral
12-04-2011, 05:07 PM
...and I really don't wanna hear about her feet all up in the air. :D

bighead384
12-04-2011, 10:01 PM
No bighead, this has never happened to anyone else anywhere. You are such a special little flower, a unique snowflake, that your experiences are singular to yourself. No one has ever experienced what you have, thus making you so incredibly smart with insights that none of us could ever create. You are who you are, and anyone that doesn't see that can fuck off because no one should ever judge you for being you.

Geez man...I didn't literally mean that I think this hasn't happened to anyone else. I was basically just saying I can't believe how often this happens to me. Like, people try to get away with things that are so obvious that it insults my intelligence. I was mainly just venting.

Jakebert, indie sucks.

I guess it does seem like a petty thing to get pissed about, but that's just the thing...I somehow have found friends that will actually scheme to achieve things this petty. It drives me nuts.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-04-2011, 10:25 PM
I guess it does seem like a petty thing to get pissed about, but that's just the thing...I somehow have found friends that will actually scheme to achieve things this petty. It drives me nuts.
Congrats to them, it's working great. Look, everyone DOES petty things, and there are lots of assholes who just enjoy fucking with people. It can be fun to be a dick. But our point is that not everyone rants and complains about these petty things like you are. When they do, it's infinitely more fun to be a dick.

Jojan
12-05-2011, 11:20 AM
An Annoying Situation I'm Constantly In

For some reason, I'm frequently in situations ...

Make up your mind.