PDA

View Full Version : Louis C.K. is DEAD.

WebDudette
12-10-2011, 11:54 PM
He isn't, but here's the deal; $5 for a DRM copy of Louis C.K.'s stand up. Buy it to support an amazing comedian, a really awesome dude, and because it's DRM free. Plus, it's five-fucking-dollars. Buy it here! (https://buy.louisck.net/purchase)

I am the first to admit that I pirate, a lot too. Still, I truly believe two of the main motivators behind pirating is not needing to deal with shitty DRM and ease of accessibility. It's the reason Steam is so successful and things like this should definitely be encouraged.

To those who might wish to "torrent" this video: look, I don't really get the whole "torrent" thing. I don't know enough about it to judge either way. But I'd just like you to consider this: I made this video extremely easy to use against well-informed advice. I was told that it would be easier to torrent the way I made it, but I chose to do it this way anyway, because I want it to be easy for people to watch and enjoy this video in any way they want without "corporate" restrictions.

Please bear in mind that I am not a company or a corporation. I'm just some guy. I paid for the production and posting of this video with my own money. I would like to be able to post more material to the fans in this way, which makes it cheaper for the buyer and more pleasant for me. So, please help me keep this being a good idea. I can't stop you from torrenting; all I can do is politely ask you to pay your five little dollars, enjoy the video, and let other people find it in the same way.

Sincerely,
Louis C.K.

Lizardus
12-10-2011, 11:56 PM
I was shocked!
To hear a bout such low prices.

T-6005
12-11-2011, 01:10 AM
That was the worst thing to happen to me today.

And it's 4AM. The day is young, and you've set the bar high.... motherfucker.

Jojan
12-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Torrenting it as I type this.

He has rather crappy web page. I got this message when visiting: "Cookies appear to be disabled in your browser. This site requires cookies to function correctly. Please re-enable them and reload the page to continue."

jacknife737
12-11-2011, 05:52 AM
Ah dude, not cool man.

That said, that's a pretty good deal: i may actually pick this up, assuming there's no crazy high international shipping fee.

Jojan
12-11-2011, 07:01 AM
Ah dude, not cool man.

That said, that's a pretty good deal: i may actually pick this up, assuming there's no crazy high international shipping fee.

Because downloading is expensive.

Llamas
12-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Man, not cool. Louis CK dying would be one of those rare occasions where I actually care about a celebrity dying... love that guy.

personal_loans_1
12-11-2011, 09:58 AM
In my consciousness he was just born.

Jakebert
12-11-2011, 10:53 AM
...dead serious about going to Itchy and Scratchy Land!

WebDudette
12-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Louie's AMA on Reddit. (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/n9tef/hi_im_louis_ck_and_this_is_a_thing/)

bighead384
12-12-2011, 05:53 PM
I remember hearing an interview with Lewis C.K. on NPR and one of the things he focused on was his use of the word "faggot". Apparently, a lot of gay blogs and organizations responded to his opinion, which he thought was an accomplishment in furthering discourse. I remember that he didn't make a very compelling argument, and what he said was actually nonsensical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcja4WFFzDw

But aside from that, he's pretty funny.

Llamas
12-13-2011, 06:37 AM
That's old, though I did find it funny when I saw it. This is more recent. The whole thing is worth watching, but the relevancy kicks in at 5 minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-55wC5dEnc

Paint_It_Black
01-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I think of Louis whenever I watch a Martha Jones episode of Doctor Who. I also think of one of those two whenever I masturbate. I flip a coin to decide. And by flip a coin I mean masturbate. And by masturbate I mean use an overly done comedic cliche.