PDA

View Full Version : AFI's Greatest Hits

NIX-on-the-MAN
02-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Nitro released a Greatest Hits for AFI not to long ago. I was wondering if Dexter had anything to do with it because I just can't believe that he would do something like this. Why would Nitro release it if AFI isn't even on that lable anymore.

Jojan
02-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Nitro still ownes the old songs. So they can do what they wan't with it. That's like Epitaph putting Offspringsongs in the Punk-O-Rama DVD.
AFI is bigger now after Nitro so I guess Nitro just wanted to take make use of it. Or AFI wanted to give a litte back to them, like a "thank you".

I don't know!

CommonRider
02-09-2005, 04:04 PM
No Afi has been bitching about that saying it was released without their premission. Man they are such babies. I used to like them but they piss me off, they owe Nitro BIG time they wouldnt even exsist and have all their teeny bopper new fans without them

On a side note, my friend has an internship at Nitro he says Dexter hardly does anything there he just calls once in a while so i doubt it was his idea.

leo3375
02-09-2005, 04:29 PM
AFI said that they didn't OK an anthology of their Nitro albums. They aren't suing, though, since they're seeing royalties from it and they understand that Nitro has the copyright to those songs. The main reason they were a little perturbed about it is because they would rather focus on their upcoming album than put together a greatest-hits album.

As for whether or not it was Dexter's decision, I don't know. I do know that AFI had one album left on Nitro when Dexter suggested that they look into a major label.

punkconspiracy
02-09-2005, 09:53 PM
I really don't like AFI, they're really overrated

Jojan
02-10-2005, 12:36 AM
I really don't like AFI, they're really overrated
I like their old songs - so I agree. They suck nowdays.

HeadAroundU
02-10-2005, 04:33 AM
I like their old songs - so I agree. They suck nowdays.
Sorry jojan but thats bulshit :D
Their best album! Black sails and Art of drowning are also pretty good :)

BuddyHolly
02-10-2005, 06:11 AM
their music's okay but i don't like their "emo-goth" image

CommonRider
02-10-2005, 11:52 AM
They are very overrated. And also they suck for not even thanking Dexter or The Offspring in Sing The Sorrow like they did on Art of Drowning where they said "our dear friends, The Offspring." Offspring took them on tour and everyone knows Dexter worked his ass off to get AFI on a major record label they really owe it all to him. I bet they kept the Offspring out of their booklet so they could keep their lame little goth-emo image.

ps. I actually do like alot of their songs (Days Of The Pheonix is incredible and same with most of Black Sails), but the new CD is just "ok" and they are way overated.