PDA

View Full Version : Last movie i saw pt2

Pages : [1] 2 3

KTILLA23
12-18-2011, 01:33 PM
The Change Up 4/5
Pretty good movie, but gross in some parts.

personal_loans_1
12-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Another souls replacement? Sweet, I've seen at least 4 movies with that theme, so far.

American Splendor - So... do I identify with this movie? Well... shit, I consider... I cry a little bit less and a little bit more that I don't have a gramophone after seeing this. I find that whole idea for a comic great, unfortunately haven't heard about that before, I decided to see it cause it was number 6 at some the best comics screenings list that I bumped into some time ago, kickass was 3rd there if I remember well, so, that 3-item distance seemed encouragingly to me, so. 9/10

Asselery
12-21-2011, 11:32 PM
ohoh and gia :)

Asselery
12-21-2011, 11:36 PM
team america :)

paulzycz
12-22-2011, 06:48 AM
8 mile ; )

T-6005
12-22-2011, 07:05 AM
Saw Mission Impossible 4 on IMAX. Aside from an iffy script and some doldrum acting, it was fucking awesome.

madisorana
12-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Last movie that I have seen and keep me in the front of computer for hours was "Dexter"-this is a series,ok,but I like it very much.

personal_loans_1
12-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Doesn't Mission Impossible represent lethally boring static kind of action, so it'd kill me in front of 17" screen? Anyway, it seems so, so I haven't seen any part of it.

Slumdog Millionaire 9/10 and I liked the ending. Sweet? Fairylike, so it could be untrue as well. Better then obvious bad end for everyone.

Outerspaceman21
12-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol 8/10

I enjoyed it, though it had it's share of meh moments. It really didn't leave much of an impression on me, but it was still enjoyable to watch. Everything was solid for the most part.

personal_loans_1
12-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Drive is specific, and I liked that style a lot. It was cohesive at least and photography was fucking excellent.

samseby
12-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra 4/10
Didn't actually like it much, the acting was kind of flat.

Jojan
12-29-2011, 07:08 AM
Cornelis. It was good. 1-(pi-e)/pi

jacknife737
12-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Adventures of Tin Tin
Loved it. The action scenes were so much fun, reminded me at times of an Indiana Jones movie. The opening credit sequence was also awesome. The photo-realist angle was a bit weird for the first 2 or so minutes, but i really dug it after that.

Submarine
Loved this so much. Reminded me a lot of Wes Anderson movies, and the Adrian Mole book series. Paddy Considine steals the show with his wacky portrayal of that "new age" douche.

Terri
Was really good as well. John C. Reilly was phenomenal, and the kid who played Terri did a great job too. It's always nice to see a movie set in high school played by actual teenagers, rather than people who are pushing 40.

T-6005
12-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Doesn't Mission Impossible represent lethally boring static kind of action, so it'd kill me in front of 17" screen?

I think you're crazy. I thought the action sequences of this latest one were some of the best I've ever seen.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
12-30-2011, 04:30 PM
The last movie I saw was The Debt. It was unique and fairly interesting, but not amazing.

7/10

Jojan
12-30-2011, 06:34 PM
The Help. Rather good, but not splendid.

cool 2 hate 681
12-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Mission: Impossible 4 Ghost Protocol 8/10

pretty good much better then the 3rd in my opinion

Sherlock Holmes 2 A Game of Shadows 6/10

not as good as the first one but still good

Immortals 2/10

not good at all

samseby
12-31-2011, 01:17 AM
Gonna watch Sherlock Holmes next week ;). I've only seen the trailer yet.

Hog Wild a 1930 Laurel & Hardy short movie - just great in its simplicity. They really don't make them like that anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jApyZ4LcKpI

samseby
01-03-2012, 05:30 AM
Sherlock Holmes 7/10
Agreed, not as good as the first one ...
But Robert Downey Jr. = lots of eye candy ;)
The cutting of the fighting-scenes was kind of odd. I really liked some of the settings a lot - especially Strasbourg (have been there a couple of times - great town).
Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16x7e_HvuJM

Surrogates 8/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGwQ74cH5O0
Somehow pretty much reminded me of a mix of The 13th Floor and Terminator kind of ... nothing entirely new but still a good movie.

personal_loans_1
01-05-2012, 09:26 AM
1-(pi-e)/pi
You call this good?

Fall - I wrote that Drive had an excellent photography, so I'm quite speechless now. Visually mindblowing. And the story was pretty deep too, far deeper than I thought. That little girl played perfectly. 9/10

jacknife737
01-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Was sort of surprised to see Fincher take on a movie like this, but he did a fantastic job with it. Craig and Mara were outstanding as the leads and Renzor's soundtrack was sublime, particularly the song that played over the very cool credit sequence.

Outerspaceman21
01-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil 8/10

On the surface, I thought it would be a two rednecks fighting off some supernatural force (this is just from the promotional art, I never actually read an synopsis or saw a trailer). I was quite surprised. It was really funny, well acted and all around a fun movie to watch. I enjoyed myself.

cool 2 hate 681
01-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Cowboys & Aliens 5/10

it was ok surprised harrison ford did this movie

samseby
01-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Honey 3/10
As far as I'm concerned there are definitely way too many dance movies out there.

bighead384
01-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Yo Paranormal Activity 1 and 2 are great. Just a new and good experience for me. Creepy as hell.

Free?
01-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Ultraviolet - I'm still not entirely sure why I decided to watch it, but I've enjoyed it ways more than I expected. It has something to do with making myself believe that I am watching video game cinematics from early 00's and it suddenly became much more bearable and even enjoyable. Still, ugh, 3.5/10, but 'twas fun.

Currently in the middle of Conquest of Paradise, I've noticed a lot more of cheesy stuff since last time I've watched it.

KTILLA23
01-16-2012, 10:42 AM
The Debt (2011) 8/10

Not a bad movie, a bit slow at times but still pretty good.

Free?
01-16-2012, 10:47 AM
The Debt (2011) 8/10

Not a bad movie, a bit slow at times but still pretty good.

Oh yeah, I have watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and the provided description suits it quite well.

cool 2 hate 681
01-16-2012, 12:24 PM
War Horse 6/10

it was ok for what it was i didn't want to see it but my friend really wanted to i just don't like war dramas

jacknife737
01-16-2012, 01:10 PM
I enjoyed the Debt for the most part. Granted i'm sort of a sucker for period piece, Cold War spy thrillers. My only real issue with it, was i felt the last act/25ish minutes was pretty weak in comparison to the rest of the movie.

Other ones i've seen recently;

50/50
This was really good; it managed to get the perfect balance between comedic moments with the drama. Also, Rogan and JGL had pretty good chemistry with one another.

The Guard
It was pretty good too. Brendan Gleeson should get more starring roles.

personal_loans_1
01-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, The Guard was fine. Or rather pretty good, but I missed something. I agree about Gleeson.

I think that 'War Horse' is not the best title.

But speaking of animals involved into a war, I saw this documentary a while ago, it's called Wojtek: The Bear That Went to War. It tells the unbelievable, surreal but true story of Wojtek, solider bear. He was even a corporal. A bear. I think that story would change my attitude towards history class entirely if I had heard it back then.
Kind of boring documentary, though it contains some breathtaking materials and relations. Like the solider that is playing with that bear, its kind of wrestling what they're doing. Pretty unique. So I'd rather recommend to check the story than the movie. It's awesome.

Some more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_(soldier_bear)

Free?
01-22-2012, 02:41 PM
The Thing [1982] - holds the test of time just fine, young Mr Russell's face could've used a bit less of make up though.
The Thing [2011] - not nearly as bad as people make it to be, infact, it's one of the most connected sequels I've seen, the only thing that I didn't quite like was that they made the thing being capable of perfectly imitating, which is thinking and speaking like a human - in the '82 movie it wasn't as nearly "fluent".

EDIT: My bad, totally forgot about one guy, who was a total human until turned out he was the thing, so scratch the last part of what I wrote.

cool 2 hate 681
01-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Haywire 3/10

Outerspaceman21
01-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Cowboys and Aliens 7/10

It was alright. Not much to really hate. I was kinda bored during the first half, but it picked up.

marc anthoney
01-25-2012, 12:56 AM
The last movie I watched was Johnny English Reborn it was a best comedy movie and Rowan Atkinson was back in action.

samseby
01-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Another Monty Python: The life of Brian

I've watched this over and over again - awesome :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8
This is how you learn Latin :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krb2OdQksMc

jacknife737
01-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Drive
My god this movie was good. The soundtrack was just sublime.

Ides of March
Loved this one too. I think i may be developing a bit of a man-crush on Gosling. Clooney's becoming a pretty solid director too, the last scene in particular was fantastically handled.

Free?
01-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Coriolanus is pretty fucking awesome, you'll be surprised at first, though. Gerard Butler wasn't too good in it, I'm afraid I think so because I've been checking him out quite intensely over past few years and he was an exact typical himself in Coriolanus as you'd expect him to be, which was kind of a bummer for me. Fiennes did a great job (not talking only about acting).

Blindness was good.

T-6005
01-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Zodiac - 7.5/10. It was good. Not great for me, but good. Enjoyable and the characterization and acting would have kept you fully in it for the full term if not for some strange pacing before the third act. It throws the entire primary elements that had until then been in focus into a sort of resolution-aimed maelstrom which, after righting itself from the desperate tailspin everyone had fallen into, it swings for the gates for the end of the movie a little too neatly for me. I feel like it deserves an eight, but there was just... something that didn't work for me, and it irks me that I can't figure out what.

Blade Runner - 7.8/10. You have to accept Blade Runner for exactly what it is, with the questions that the Replicants' actions ask about human nature and memories. I think that, even more than its effects, cinematography, or acting, it's the ambiguity of the movie that hasn't let it age as gracefully as one would wish. It asks a lot of questions, but you have to accept that the point of the film isn't to answer them. Like all good sci-fi. And, to be honest, it is good Sci-Fi, shot in a great yet dense neo-noir style.

T-6005
01-31-2012, 02:10 AM
Aliens - 8.3/10

Perhaps the most enjoyable of the three movies I've posted, but it's interesting how much looser previous decades have seemed to be with regards to popular filmmaking, because there are themes in this movie that I just can't imagine in a blockbuster made within the last five years.

There's a moment - and, don't get the wrong, the entirety of the last forty-five minutes of this movie is truly phenomenal [after two hours which, it hasto be said, set the tone for the finale perfectly], and Sigourney Weaver brings that shit HOME, but that tense moment in the egg sac room.... two mother figures of different species, brought suddenly together by the instinct to protect and preserve. It's a great scene, where the sentinel aliens retreat slowly, unwillingly into the nest's confines, their instinct to protect the queen overwhelmed by the queen's own instinct to protect her young, while Ellen Ripley has one hand on her flamethrower and her other arm is thrown back, trying to hide Newt completely with her body... it's a great scene, and if you buy into it, I truly don't think the movie has aged much at all.

I quantify the whole thing with 'if you buy into it' because, of course, that tends to be a general benchmark for whether people are going to enjoy movies in general, and yet most people find it hard to admit. It's all about genres, or styles, or scripts, or directors for so many people, and yet more than anything it should really be about buying into certain premises. I feel like fans of TV shows get this more than others - the budget restricts the possibilities for the most part, and so a certain level of acceptance is necessary. And so it should be.

In conclusion, Aliens is great. By which I mean pretty damn good, even after all this time.

KTILLA23
01-31-2012, 12:08 PM
50/50
8/10

Pretty good and funny, and better than i thought it would be. But a bit depressing in some parts, but all in all it was good.

Here is what it was about. A comedy centered on a 27-year-old guy who learns of his cancer diagnosis, and his subsequent struggle to beat the disease. (imdb)

Outerspaceman21
01-31-2012, 07:40 PM
Piranha 3D 7/10

Gleefully gory. It's characters and story are above the traditional B-movie gorefest, where the characters in this movie were actually somewhat likable and the story, while following it's usual cliches, was overall enjoyable. It doesn't take itself seriously at all, which is something you should expect when going in to see this.

Isolated Fury
02-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Apocalypse Now 4/10

This might just be my diminishing window-of-innocence talking, but I didn't find anything special about this "classic." It may have a been cutting-edge, controversial movie during the time of its origin. I simply couldn't enjoy it. I was forcing myself to watch the entire thing, though I wanted to turn it off 45 minutes in. The soundtrack (or lack thereof) was, really, the only notable characteristic.

Either that or I'm just not as cool as all of the non-conformists that love the flick.

personal_loans_1
02-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Six Shooter 9/10
Ending.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS5bjMYtLNc

Alison
02-06-2012, 03:19 AM
I saw Wayne's World for the first time the other day. I expected it to be stupid. It was stupid, but in a good way. I quite enjoyed it!

Before that, I saw The Artist. It was great! More entertaining than a lot of non silent films I've seen recently.

jacknife737
02-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Waynes World is definitely one of the better movies to come out of SNL (would be the best, if it wasn't for the Blues Brothers).

Constant Gardener
-Just like everything else Focus Features releases, i loved this. Ralph Fiennes was brilliant, and Rachel Weisz was pretty great too, although i found her character to be fairly annoying until the second half-to last act of the film. And without getting into spoiler territory, the last scene in particular incredibly well handled.

Marie Antoinette
I loved it. Especially way that Sofia Coppola had the nerve to cast aside the stereotypical aspects of period films (such as always having a classical score), and embraced a modern post-punk/indie rock soundtrack; each song fit the scene perfectly. And the art-direction was just fantastic.

cool 2 hate 681
02-06-2012, 12:35 PM
The Grey 5/10

it was an ok survival film i guess

Outerspaceman21
02-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Limitless 7/10

It was pretty good. Pacing was decent, it didn't drag. Bradly Cooper did a pretty good job in terms of acting. The story was okay. Not much to really complain about it. The directing and cinematography was really good and made the film a much more enjoyable experience.

cool 2 hate 681
02-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Red Tails 5/10

another movie that's just ok

XYlophonetreeZ
02-07-2012, 12:16 PM
When I watched Drive, I kind of felt like I was playing one of those RPG's where the protagonist doesn't speak, and instead just kicks ass and does all the dirty work while listening to other characters set up the story. It was an interesting way to make a movie, and I thought it was done pretty well.

personal_loans_1
02-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Last thing I saw was Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. There was no mystery, no riddle, you knew exactly how the story would go. Strokes of genious were coming out of the blue, what made them look fake. Also, they were illustrated with that characteristic Ritchie's camera movement that rushes and slows down when focused on particular things, and it didn't work there, it was too obviously a signature, and it had no support in action. At least an eye-candy.

Before it I've seen Lost in Translations and it was perfect. Best S.Coppola's film I've seen so far.

Outerspaceman21
02-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Good Will Hunting 9/10

Just a great film all around.

Defender
02-15-2012, 01:41 AM
I saw the "Woman in black" starring Daniel Radcliffe(Harry Potter-hero). It's a predictable movie but I like the finale! The film offers nothing special to remember, although there are some very scary scenes.

samseby
02-15-2012, 10:28 AM
The Fifth Element 9/10

Love it :)

Harleyquiiinn
02-15-2012, 10:30 AM
The Fifth Element 9/10

Love it :)

Ooooooh yes :cool:

Have you noticed the wild Matthieu Kassovitz appearance ?

personal_loans_1
02-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Ghost World was cool.

Ha, 5th Element was one of the first movies I really really liked, when I was a kid. Shit, I almost don't remember what was happening there. ;(

Harleyquiiinn
02-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Definitely not Michael Bay then...

Isolated Fury
02-16-2012, 09:47 AM
The Machinist. Liked it the first time I watched it years ago. Liked the second time I watched it two nights ago.

I think I connect with that movie so well because I share the same body frame with Bale in it.

Defender
02-17-2012, 03:03 AM
The Machinist. Liked it the first time I watched it years ago. Liked the second time I watched it two nights ago.

I think I connect with that movie so well because I share the same body frame with Bale in it.

Oh God! Are you so thin?

samseby
02-17-2012, 06:00 AM
Ooooooh yes :cool:

Have you noticed the wild Matthieu Kassovitz appearance ?

It's hilarious ;)

nightvision
02-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Nightvision's Movie Review Index (http://www.nothingboard.com/index.php?topic=3007.0)

cool 2 hate 681
02-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Safe House 8/10

good movie lots of action

jacknife737
02-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Apocalypto
-Really enjoyed this one. I even felt the first half where the story was pretty much focused on the sort of mundane aspect of village life was better than the "action heavy" third act.

Semi Pro
-Funny, but not Ferrell's best. The supporting cast had the best lines, especially during the poker game scene.

Tinker Taylor Solider Spy
-Granted i'm a huge sucker for period-piece spy thrillers, but holy fuck this movie was good. Gary Oldman in particular was such a boss.

Outerspaceman21
02-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Scarface 10/10

I loved this movie. For how long it is, it didn't drag at all and you became really emotionally invested in these characters.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-22-2012, 02:03 PM
I just watched Alien again. I love that movie. Even though I love Ridley Scott, I think I like James Cameron's Aliens even better. Both are great movies.

Aliens = 10/10

Alien = 10/10

Those are two of my favorite movies. I also watched Braveheart for the first time a week ago (I know, it's a shame to admit that I've seen movies like Thor, but I just watched Braveheart for the first time). I'd also give that one a pretty good score. At least a 9/10, maybe higher.

Oh yeah a month ago I watched The Mist. I loved and hated the end. But mm=ost of the movie was just too cheesy in general. I'd give it a 5/10 but it was actually worth watching.

kritiana0
02-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Last movie that I have seen and keep me in the front of computer for hours was "Dexter"-this is a series,ok,but I like it very much.
Doesn't Mission Impossible represent lethally boring static kind of action, so it'd kill me in front of 17" screen? Anyway, it seems so, so I haven't seen any part of it.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-25-2012, 07:53 PM
The Artist - 8.5/10

I've got to admit I was hesitant going into it. I wasn't sure if I could understand what, apart from being a film geek and geeking out, could make anyone in this day and age want to see a mostly silent b&w film. But I decently enjoyed it. I was really glad that the film wasn't out to bash modern cinema and kiss the collective ass of silent film- in fact, it nearly does the opposite. The writer/director clearly has affection for both, and in a couple of scenes he cleverly illustrates some of silent film's shortcomings.

The only points I deduct are for the story. While it was straightforward and well-paced, and the characters were very well-acted- I'm not sure I bought it. I didn't think the protagonist was as sympathetic as he was intended to be, for reasons that are difficult to describe without giving anything away. This was a very good film that would have been better 30-40 years ago, when it could have been made by a director who actually remembered what the transition into "talkies" was like. But this is the kind of movie that tells a story way bigger than the ones its characters are acting out.

Outerspaceman21
02-27-2012, 03:11 AM
Tron 8/10

First time seeing it. Had been putting it off forever. It was pretty good. Story was nothing special, but the effects and pacing made up for it.

Tron: Legacy 9/10

Big improvement with the story line. Effects were what you would expect and then some, Music was awesome (love Daft Punk) and overall I enjoyed the experience. This was also my first time seeing this one as well.

jacknife737
02-29-2012, 11:10 PM
I really liked Tron Legacy. The story was sort of bland, but i was too distracted by the fantastic art direction and soundtrack to care.

The Inbetweeners Movie
-This was really fucking funny. Although a sequel would be horribly pointless, i really hope there's one, i just love the characters so much.

Margin Call
-It was prtty good; probably the best of the "white collar" type movies that have came out post-2008. Paul Bettney was especially solid, dude should get bigger roles.

T-6005
02-29-2012, 11:14 PM
JCVD - 9/10. Turned out to be phenomenal. Manages to completely turn around your perception of Jean-Claude van Damme, which is saying a lot. I also - despite thinking that I wouldn't - agree that it is a truly moving monologue.

susanstewart
02-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Last movie seen: mission impossible..:rolleyes: Nice movie.....

cool 2 hate 681
03-02-2012, 06:36 PM
last movie i saw was act of valor the acting was pretty bad i didn't really enjoy it

samseby
03-03-2012, 02:43 AM
Forrest Gump

What can I say? Still love it.

the_real_potomek
03-03-2012, 10:46 AM
I've just seen The Artist. I'm positively surprised, I thought it would be a bit boring, but it wasn't at all. I find it a very positive and uplifting movie. Something different than most of nowadays films. Plus the dog is just cute:)

Harleyquiiinn
03-03-2012, 12:48 PM
I just did a francophones speaking english week end with Tintin and Hugo Cabret.

I enjoyed them both but was especially surprised with Tintin.

I mean, I knew I would love Hugo Cabret because it's a movie about Meliès and typically my kind of movie. The photography is just absolutely amazing. It was great to see the Station of Orsay as a real railway station (it is now a museum that I can just suggest you to visit. It has the most beautiful paitings, mostly of the 19th..., and the clock of the railway station has been kept. The clock worths the visit). The actors were all good, which is not always the case when there are kids. Also, I usually like Scorcese movies very much.

But then, I also usually love Spielberg movies. Tintin received very diverse critics here. good and bad. I am not a Tintinophile but I do love Tintin. I read them all, of course, and I had a small obsession with it as a child. Then Astérix outgrew Tintin in my heart, and I kind of forgot it. You see, contrary to Tintin, Astérix can be read when you are an adult because of the frequent jokes and references that you don't understand as a kid. Tintin is a comic that has not that subtext, IMO, which doesn't make it bad but just less interesting when you grow up.
Anyway, when I heard it was mixing 2 of the comics, I thought it would be crap but it really wasn't. The mix was very well done and it was great to see the meeting between Haddock and Tintin that is not in the Secret of Unicorn.
Also, the motion capture was simply amazing. Especially the boat fight and the part when Haddock recalls what happened in the desert.

On a side note, we have now what we can call a "thing" with my boyfriend about watching making-of of movies with Andy Serkis doing motion capture. It can be REALLY funny. This one wasn't so much. I would suggest the Planet of Apes Making-of which is absolutely hilarious.

killer_queen
03-03-2012, 05:08 PM
But then, I also usually love Spielberg movies. Tintin received very diverse critics here. good and bad. I am not a Tintinophile but I do love Tintin. I read them all, of course, and I had a small obsession with it as a child. Then Astérix outgrew Tintin in my heart, and I kind of forgot it. You see, contrary to Tintin, Astérix can be read when you are an adult because of the frequent jokes and references that you don't understand as a kid. Tintin is a comic that has not that subtext, IMO, which doesn't make it bad but just less interesting when you grow up.
I just want to say that this is exactly how I feel. Except loving Spielberg movies part. Tintin is fantastic when you are a child but as you get older you start to really appreciate Asterix. I have to admit I didn't get most of the jokes from Asterix and Son when I first read it.
I didn't like the movie though. Mixing the stories didn't work for me, they were very different from each other but I'm sure it doesn't affect people who didn't read the books. And at the end all I could say was "is that all?", it didn't feel like a whole story.

personal_loans_1
03-04-2012, 05:54 AM
I'm not in a mood for complaining, therefore I'll only write that opening and cliffhanger of Deathly Hallows pt 1 (or rather circa 30 first and last minutes) were the best moments of the whole series and it was worth to see it just for that.

clocks_R_slow
03-05-2012, 08:18 AM
I watched Pretty In Pink for the first time... lol

jacknife737
03-07-2012, 04:47 AM
Tyrannosaur

The lead role in this was amazing. There's barely a happy moment in the movie (the "lightest" part of it is actually at a wake) but a fantastic movie nevertheless.

Kill List

Really not much of a horror fan, but i loved this. The first 2/3rds of it are essentially just a sort of crime-thriller, but it does such a fantastic job of building a very creepy atmosphere.

personal_loans_1
03-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Tyrannosaur

The lead role in this was amazing.

I know, I know but lol.

The Skin I Live In - I wanted to turn it off soon after tiger's appearance; not that I was disgusted that much, but I was afraid of the direction it's heading in (I mean story, cause cinematography, music and acting were great from the beginning). Shreads of reviews I've heard (I haven't read any and wasn't even going to - luckily) were rather negative, thus I also was rather pesimistic. But I saw it till the end, and I'm really glad I did.
The second part was pretty intense, and the moment when I got to know what kind of prisoner Vera really is ( yep, I didn't know it from the beginning -.-') changed my perception of her so much, that I was truly impressed. I felt hopelessness and weirdness of the situation, what made me forgive this film its all previous imperfections. So finally it turned out to be magnificently sick. 8/10

Outerspaceman21
03-08-2012, 05:56 PM
World's Greatest Dad 8/10

Pretty good movie. Don't really have much to say about it.

Defender
03-09-2012, 01:49 AM
I saw Tarantino's "JACKIE BROWN"(second time) 10/10 for me! All Tarantino's movies are so fucking great!

personal_loans_1
03-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Carnage and 30 Minutes Or Less, are both short and sweet. I recommend.

the_real_potomek
03-11-2012, 10:40 AM
'My week with Marilyn'. I didn't expect anything astonishing and my presumption was right because the movie is just mediocre. I didn't like Michelle Williams, but I think I don't like her in general and I can't really imagine any actress playing the role of Marilyn well.
The nice thing was that there was a cat in the cinema:) A loud impatient MIAOW in the most silent moment of the movie was the best part of it.

samseby
03-11-2012, 12:38 PM
The Bourne Identity 5/10

Not the best movie I've ever seen. The storyline was kind of flat, the acting was "ok" (I liked Franka Potente even better than Matt Damon).

Tompo2000
03-11-2012, 12:47 PM
You don't mess with the Zohan

one of my favourites :D

jacknife737
03-11-2012, 02:39 PM
The Ipcress File:

Loved it; Michael Caine was a boss as always; very similar to Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy for the first two-thirds of it (in the sense it was sort of a slow moving spy thriller) but the last act got a little "bondish" but it was still awesome regardless.

Another Earth:

This was fantastic; i particularly loved how they handled the "sci-fi" parts to it, as in it was always just sort of in the background/setting - kept things nice and subtle. Great cinematography too.

Outerspaceman21
03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Project X 6/10

Story is cliched, characters are somewhat likable, but forgettable, and the direction is nothing special, to be honest. The POV camera thing has been done to death with many films doing it much better than this film. Otherwise, the film moves at a brisk pace and it had it's moments that made the experience enjoyable.

Isolated Fury
03-11-2012, 09:53 PM
The Lorax: 11/10

I took my daughter to see it today. It was awesome. She loved it. I loved it. Plus, it's already my favorite Dr. Seuss book.

cool 2 hate 681
03-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Project X 6/10

Story is cliched, characters are somewhat likable, but forgettable, and the direction is nothing special, to be honest. The POV camera thing has been done to death with many films doing it much better than this film.

i agree with this

For Real
03-11-2012, 10:56 PM
"The Big Year"

Very good solid comedy, though not enough of Steve Martin. Jack Black is finally starting to grow on me - I just did not like him right away years ago, but he's alright now. The blonde guy in this film is - ugh - anyways, his character reminds me of this guy I work with - really sort of bland personality - but it takes all kinds!

Good all around decent comedy movie. Catch it online, on DVD, etc.

2 thumbs up.

KTILLA23
03-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Sleepless in Seattle 4.5/10

Very overrated movie in my opinion. I thought it was going to be more funnier, and i thought that the story was boring and slow. Plus Tom Hanks can't even save this film.

Here is quick info from IMDB: A recently-widowed man's son calls a radio talk show in an attempt to find his father a partner.

samseby
03-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Yeah that one wasn't really that good. But I like the way Meg Ryan looked back then.

cool 2 hate 681
03-17-2012, 10:39 PM
21 Jump Street 8/10

it was a lot better than i thought it would be

samseby
03-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Tower Heist 7/10

Nice to see Eddie Murphy back. Mathew Broderick was good too (still like his acting in War Games - amazing). The storyline itself was predictable - nonetheless I enjoyed watching this one. And I'd really, really like to have that car or at least a tiny little piece of it ...

personal_loans_1
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Bridgemaids were sooo gooood.

So was Sherlock Holmes part 1. It should be one and only part.

(500) days of Summer was not so good. I generally don't like twisted love stories, and it was nothing more than that.

MarkosV
03-19-2012, 03:50 PM
The pick of destiny.
That film is so freaking awesome.:cool:

Defender
03-22-2012, 05:35 AM
Has anybody seen "Mulholland Drive" ? Everybody can love it or hate it. I love it because it's a riddle-movie and so ...weird. It's one of my top five films I've seen so far.

jacknife737
03-24-2012, 03:38 AM
The Descendants-poster

Loved it. Clooney was perfect as always; did a great job of handling a story about death without it dipping into over sentimentality.

Young Adult

Really liked this as well: was a lot darker than i had thought, especially that last scene at the ex-boyfriends house. Was neat seeing all the punk references with Patton Oswalt's character.

Outerspaceman21
03-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 8/10

Good clean fun, bitches.

samseby
03-28-2012, 05:32 AM
Salvation Boulevard 2/10

Mediocre and pretty dull, but a nice (and promising) cast: Pierce Brosnan, Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly ...
It actually started off pretty good but after half an hour or so it lost it's way completely - real shame.

jacknife737
03-29-2012, 04:31 PM
War Horse

It was a decent adaptation of the play; not exactly Spielberg's best work, but he was certainly in his element during the larger battle scenes. Supporting cast in particular were great.

[Hard Boiled

John Woo's HK films are so much fun. That hospital shoot out scene is damn near perfect, especially that long tracking shot. He needs to go back to making films like this and spend less time making ones like "Paycheck".

Defender
03-30-2012, 01:22 AM
David Fincher's "The game"! I have seen it 3 times and every time it makes me excited. 10/10

manjulagupta
03-30-2012, 02:58 AM
The Tower Heist...Pretty good movie :)

Outerspaceman21
03-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Cashback 9/10

Loved this movie. So good.

Llamas
03-31-2012, 08:50 AM
I've watched quite a few movies lately.

Valkyrie: 7/10
I hate Tom Cruise, but I tried to put that aside. I LOVE WWII-era films, and I've seen a bunch of German ones, but this was the first Hollywood one I watched. And it was pretty awful. I guess I shouldn't watch Hollywood versions of historical European events. I'll leave Hollywood to comedies and dramas.

The Change-Up: 7.5/10
I like Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman... and Olivia Wilde is pretty damn hot. The part I enjoyed the most about this movie was that the guy realized he loved his wife and didn't cheat on her even though he agreed it wouldn't actually be cheating if he wasn't in his own body. The reason that was my favorite part was because the movie was pretty bad. Freaky Friday and Big are much better for this type of film.

Juno: 9.5/10
LOVED this film!! I can't believe I didn't watch it sooner! Oh my god, I loved everything about it. The acting was phenomenal, the characters, the story, the directing, the production... Michael Cera and Ellen Page were awesome. Holy crap, I really loved this movie.

Crazy Stupid Love: 8/10
I liked this one, despite it being sort of a rom-com. Steve Carrell is really not that great of an actor, but I like the characters he plays. And Ryan Gosling was incredible. That is one gorgeous man. Overall, it was a really nice story, well directed.

personal_loans_1
03-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Igby Goes Down - not a masterpiece I guess, but it was really nice to watch, wasn't boring and Kevin played very well, so 8/10

Shame - well made, well told story, well shown addiction, not too long, concrete, bitter, I liked it 9/10

Loom - short film about a spider killing moth or a butterfly, I'm not sure. Very well animated, I'm glad that people do little masterpieces about things like that. 9/10

jacknife737
04-01-2012, 02:36 AM
True Romance

Gary Oldman only gets like 6 minutes of screen time, but he manages to easily steal the show. The movie as a whole is pretty fun: love the Tarantino signature "mexican standoff" part.

The New World

Like all Malleck's other work, the cinematography is fucking gorgeous. Great movie too.

Gregmau5
04-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Paranormal Activity. Alright, but not nearly as scary as I thought it would be.:)

Outerspaceman21
04-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Exam 8/10

Good movie. Very tense, well paced. Characters are well developed.

personal_loans_1
04-05-2012, 12:11 PM
I saw 12 Angry Men yesterday, that from 1957, and it was far far far far better that I thought - its high place in all kind of top lists is well earned. Good story. Engrossing till the end. Excellent, vivid editing. And Jane has her father's eyes.

TheJakes84
04-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Peter Pan.

samseby
04-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Catch .44 7/10

Not enough Bruce Willis for my taste - other than that pretty good, liked Whitaker's part too but the 3 ladies' acting was a little weak.

jacknife737
04-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Valhalla Rising

It was really good: the last act reminded me a bit of Aquirre Wrath of God. Violence was pretty brutal in it too.

The Immortals

It was shit. Mickey Rourke obviously needed a house payment or something, his performance was pretty phoned in.

cool 2 hate 681
04-07-2012, 08:08 PM
The Immortals

It was shit. Mickey Rourke obviously needed a house payment or something, his performance was pretty phoned in.

My friend dragged me to see that in the theaters it was pretty bad

Defender
04-08-2012, 05:37 AM
"Fight Club". It's an all-time great movie...10/10

Harleyquiiinn
04-12-2012, 02:13 AM
I saw 12 Angry Men yesterday, that from 1957, and it was far far far far better that I thought - its high place in all kind of top lists is well earned. Good story. Engrossing till the end. Excellent, vivid editing. And Jane has her father's eyes.

It is ! That's a movie I would definitely give a 10/10.

I saw Point Break yesterday. I watched in when I was a kid but didn't remember it very well.

I realized that Fast and Furious was a complete rip off of Point Break, only with big cars instead of surf boards...

But I actually prefer Fast and Furious.

So Point Break : 6/10

Lupin
04-12-2012, 02:44 AM
Troll Hunter...i just cant enjoy it

jacknife737
04-22-2012, 01:30 AM
A Separation

Thought it was Awesome: though its depressing as hell, and i don't really have a desire to see i again. Performances and everything were fantastic, but i thought it was a really cool look into Iranian society.

The Muppets

I fucking love Muppets.

cool 2 hate 681
04-22-2012, 01:24 PM
American Reunion 7/10

it had some funny parts if you like american pie i highly recommended it

Paul54Fowlkes
04-23-2012, 12:10 AM
I cry a little bit less and a little bit more that I don't have a gramophone after seeing this.

Thanks,
Cable Sleeves (http://cableorganizer.com/wire-management/)

coke_a_holic
04-23-2012, 12:15 AM
I cry a little bit less and a little bit more that I don't have a gramophone after seeing this.

Thanks,

I'm all about this. Crying less, but maybe a bit more. All because of the gramophone.

Gertude32Wass
04-29-2012, 08:36 AM
Last movie that I saw is iron man. Cool movie.

Gregmau5
04-30-2012, 01:21 AM
Just saw the Avengers. It was pretty awesome.

Alison
05-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Watched The Room last night.
I worried that it wouldn't be worth my time to watch, because these so bad they're good films may not always be that bad, but it was that bad. Fucking amazing!

The Hunger Games
Unfortunately didn't get the time to read the book before the film came out, but either way I enjoyed it. Even if it does seem a bit toooo much like Battle Royale. I liked that the main character was female, and they managed not to sexualise her at all - nice change.

Outerspaceman21
05-04-2012, 04:18 AM
The Avengers 9/10

So. Fucking. Epic. Well directed and well written, Joss Whedon did a boss job with this movie. All the actors gave their A game and the six members of the Avengers, as well as much of the supporting cast, each received their fair share of development. At almost 2 and a half hours, it didn't drag at all for me. Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner (and his green counterpart) stole the show for me.

personal_loans_1
05-05-2012, 03:18 AM
Freeway - made in shitty 90' tv movie style, rather poorly told story, but so fuckin dark (though I wouldn't describe it as black comedy) and Reese and Kiefer were brilliant. They saved it actually. Scene in the car was awesome.

Thomas
05-06-2012, 09:28 AM
The Avengers 9/10

So. Fucking. Epic. Well directed and well written, Joss Whedon did a boss job with this movie. All the actors gave their A game and the six members of the Avengers, as well as much of the supporting cast, each received their fair share of development. At almost 2 and a half hours, it didn't drag at all for me. Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner (and his green counterpart) stole the show for me.

Agreed. I just saw it last night. At first I was bummed that Ed Norton wasn't playing Bruce Banner again, but I think Mark Ruffalo actually did a much better job than Norton ever would. Across the board, there was really nothing I didn't like about the movie. The pacing was excellent, the development was excellent, and the several parts of comic relief were actually pretty hilarious, particularly from the Hulk and Tony Stark.

Outerspaceman21
05-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Agreed. I just saw it last night. At first I was bummed that Ed Norton wasn't playing Bruce Banner again, but I think Mark Ruffalo actually did a much better job than Norton ever would. Across the board, there was really nothing I didn't like about the movie. The pacing was excellent, the development was excellent, and the several parts of comic relief were actually pretty hilarious, particularly from the Hulk and Tony Stark.

The comedy was really good and really evened out the more tense dramatic moments when the Avengers butted heads.

cool 2 hate 681
05-06-2012, 04:31 PM
The Hunger Games 4/10

didn't really like pretty overrated movie if you ask me

Safe 6/10

better than i thought it would be

dff_punk
05-06-2012, 04:58 PM
The Inbetweeners Movie 7,5/10

I was kinda hoping for more shenanigans and embarassements, they all got the girls too smoothly, anyway, I got a couple of laughs here and there, so I kinda enjoyed it. Quite good TV series ending. Or is it?

T-6005
05-06-2012, 10:32 PM
The Avengers - 8.5/10

I really liked it. I really, really did, but - and it feels absurd to say it - I could have done with another half hour and another bit of development. Because of the ensemble cast, time-wise it wouldn't have worked, and I still really enjoyed the movie. I just wanted more because I'm an idiot sucker for superhero action movies.

frunsi
05-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Hot Fuzz - 10/10
the funniest and wickedest movie ever. I can't wait for pt. 3 of the trilogy.

samseby
05-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Men in Black
D'Onofrio and Tommy Lee Jones are awesome. Looking forward to MiB3 ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyaFEBI_L24

Lupin
05-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Avengers Assemble - 5/10 Entertaining, but over long and some ropey cgi. I must be one in a million with that, i know.

Thomas
05-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Godzilla, King of the Monsters (1956)

I haven't seen this one in years, and I found it on dvd the other day so I decided to grab it. I forgot how good this movie was. Some of the acting from a couple Japanese actors was pretty bad, but the role of Steve Martin was pretty well done, and the political overtones and special effects in particular were very well done for their time.

7.5/10

samseby
05-13-2012, 02:38 AM
Remember Me 3.5/10

Turns out Robert Pattinson isn't such a great actor at all (at least in this one his acting didn't do much good); didn't like Chris Cooper & Pierce Brosnan much too ... only highlight for me Emilie de Ravin, her acting was awesome. Regarding the storyline: Well a little too much for just one movie and I missed some kind of flow.

Alison
05-16-2012, 02:42 AM
Shark Attack 3: Megaladon.

Well....yes, of course it was shit, but there was some absolutely terrible graphics which made it worth it.

personal_loans_1
05-16-2012, 09:14 AM

Thanks,

I'm all about this. Crying less, but maybe a bit more. All because of the gramophone.

I thought it was brilliant in its simplicity but since I know the big picture I have to say that bots definitely know how to quote.

Gramophones are cool, but guy from American Splendor was not so 'cool' and this is all I meant. 'Crying' is from that when I was a little kid and my mom gave our old beautiful gramophone as a gift without telling me. This is my own, little, personal trauma.

cool 2 hate 681
05-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Dark Shadows 3/10

it was not good all the funny parts are in the commercial

Men in Black
D'Onofrio and Tommy Lee Jones are awesome. Looking forward to MiB3 ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyaFEBI_L24

i love the first men in black i saw it in the theaters and even pre ordered a copy on vhs back in the day

Alison
05-17-2012, 06:52 AM
For my thesis I'm doing a chapter on film adaptations of Beowulf with special focus on Grendel's Mother, so I've started studying...by watching films, yay!

Last night I watched The 13th Warrior, an adaption of Michael Cricthon's Eaters of the Dead, which is in turn an adaptation of Beowulf. It was pretty okay I guess. Nothing special though.

This morning I watched Beowulf and Grendel. I liked this more - stayed closer to the original storyline and stuff, and had a better, more complex plot, and more complex characters.

Not enough Grendel's Mother in either of them though.

Thomas
05-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Underworld: Awakening

This one had a lot of potential that went completely to waste. My brother and I were both watching it and when it ended, we both went, "It's already over?"

I feel like they could have added a bit more plot and another half hour to the movie and it would have been really good, but instead it was just over an hour of mindless, gory violence, which I normally wouldn't mind if the previous installments hasn't had so much emphasis on the plot and backstory of the characters.

Overall, I feel as though they just didn't try to hard with this movie compared to the previous installments in the series.

5.75/10

TheNooseIsFalling
05-18-2012, 03:02 AM
21 Jump Street 8/10
Everything I expect from a good comedy, but there's so few of them out there (fuck you Hangover Part 2, you can't do the same movie all over again and then call it a sequel), this one is damn near perfect for me.

cool 2 hate 681
05-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Avengers Assemble - 5/10 Entertaining, but over long and some ropey cgi. I must be one in a million with that, i know.

i agree 10

jacknife737
06-01-2012, 05:55 PM
The Avengers

Plot holes be dammed the only thing I cared about was the action and the one liners and this movien delivered on both accounts. It even managed to make the Hulk seem interesting on the big screen, which was surprising.

Battleship

It was shit.

cool 2 hate 681
06-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Men in Black 3

really bad worse the the 2nd one that came out 10 years ago

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Deuce Of Spades :o.

Rilex
06-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Hot Fuzz - 10/10
the funniest and wickedest movie ever. I can't wait for pt. 3 of the trilogy.

Are you fucking serious?

British crap...

samseby
06-06-2012, 09:13 AM
21 Jump Street 3.5/10

Weak. The acting was pretty flat - not to mention the storyline ... Expected a lot more. TV show was much better :p

samseby
06-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Men in Black 3

really bad worse the the 2nd one that came out 10 years ago

Whoa! Scuttling all my hopes there :( ... (but guess I'm ready to suffer ;))

Edit:
Watched it today. Thought it was "ok". Tommy Lee Jones was great (as usual ;)), Michael Stuhlbarg too. Liked how they made this connection between K and J.

Godxilla
06-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Godzilla, King of the Monsters (1956)

I haven't seen this one in years, and I found it on dvd the other day so I decided to grab it. I forgot how good this movie was. Some of the acting from a couple Japanese actors was pretty bad, but the role of Steve Martin was pretty well done, and the political overtones and special effects in particular were very well done for their time.

7.5/10

Awesome! It's easy to forget how good that one is if you haven't watched in a while. Being a fan of all things Godzilla, (hence my username), I'm thrilled to see that I'm not the only person that watches these films!

samseby
06-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Setup 5/10
Storyline was ok but a little confusing at times. Didn't like Bruce Willis' performance that much in this one.

The Recruit 8/10
Colin Farrell and Al Pacino both great. I liked the game of cat-and-mouse a lot. Yup that was definitely worth watching.

Outerspaceman21
06-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Land of the Dead 7/10

Good, solid movie. Has it weak points, but overall I think it's a decent addition to the "of the Dead" saga of George A. Romero.

Mechagodzilla2
07-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Godzilla vs. Destroyah

Outerspaceman21
07-01-2012, 10:44 AM
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest 9/10

Great movie. Sad ending, but sooooo good.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Like I said a while ago, Prometheus. That post no longer exists though.

Godxilla
07-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah. Decent plot, good characters, typical ending.
All in all,7 out of 10.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Just finished watching Terminator 3. It can't compare to the 2nd one but it was still pretty great for a mindless action movie. Held my attention the entire time.

Defender
07-02-2012, 02:13 AM
Just finished watching Terminator 3. It can't compare to the 2nd one but it was still pretty great for a mindless action movie. Held my attention the entire time.

Terminator mythology is my favorite. Great plot.

I saw Kill Bill 1 & 2(my previous post about it doesn't exist after the upgrade). Magnificent movies. Tarantino is one of the best active directors.

Anya82
07-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Prometheus
2/10 (a "2", just because I didn't see any "zipper" in the aliens)

What a crappy movie. A failed attempt of a prequel for the ALIEN movies.

Sara MZK
07-02-2012, 04:55 PM
It's actually been a while since I watched a movie... last two I seen were I Saw The Devil and Puss In Boots. lol 2 films that are about as different from each other as it's possible to be, but both are awesome! :)

TheJakes84
07-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Suckerpunch & Bitchslap

Defender
07-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Prometheus
2/10 (a "2", just because I didn't see any "zipper" in the aliens)

What a crappy movie. A failed attempt of a prequel for the ALIEN movies.

It's not exactly a prequel. Riddley Scott confirmed that in an interview.

samseby
07-03-2012, 12:07 PM
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest 9/10

Great movie. Sad ending, but sooooo good.

Yep absolutely great. Love it :D

Guess I'm gonna watch The Philly Kid later today.

Outerspaceman21
07-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Powder Blue 7/10

Pretty good movie. Very melancholy throughout with a satisfying conclusion. I will admit, though, at times the brooding nature of the film was kinda thick. I had a bunch of friends hype it up for me, telling me how great it is. I'm a little disappointed, but overall I enjoyed the movie.

OC HAU
07-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Of course I'll watch anything important in Alien or Predator universe. Now, it's time for Alien vs. Space Jockey, Space Jockey vs. Predator or all of them together. :d But, Prometheus and Predators are asking for a sequel, so this first and then mix it up again.

"Alien" obviously needed another direction and I'm fine with it. Maybe, they could have done it more innovative and answer all of the questions, really nail it, but that would be risky. The budget was kinda limited. Maybe, it tried to do too many things, so the sequel could be even better concentrating on fights or what made Alien so great and then answer or pull some deeper questions off.

personal_loans_1
07-05-2012, 05:15 PM
The Ides of March - After Driver, it was definitely nice to see Ryan Gosling talking. Films about politicians and their entourage heading the elections apparently don't work for me, although it was one of the best of that genre that I've seen so far. And nevertheless it was nice to watch it.

T-6005
07-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks to influence from this BBS.

So I just watched 1954's Godzilla.

If you buy into the time it was made (9 years after the atomic bombings) and the technology available, it's actually a phenomenal film. I can see why it spawned the entire kaiju genre.

The characterization is great, the acting (one or two parts aside) is more than passable, and it plays so incredibly well into the post-nuclear fear that it's almost impossible to disparage.

Seriously a 9/10 for me. Easily the movie I've had stick the most in my mind since JCVD.

personal_loans_1
07-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Few days ago I saw 'Man Bites Dog'. I do not recommend it to anyone. It's loathsome and pretty depressing, and scary, and sad. But since it's supposed to be exactly like that, I say - strong 7/10.
I'd feel sick and francophobic after seeing that to the rest of my life probably, but luckily, 'Intouchables' are pretty french too. And brilliant, funny and optimistic. I saw it today, my soul was saved this time.

And 'Prestige' was awesome. I enjoyed how they were annoying each other, I enjoyed Tesla plot a lot, and Christiano was somehow very good. I didn't like few things, but it doesn't matter. It was interesting film about magicians.
ps. Emilia Clarke <3

whitenight
07-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Recently I enjoyed “Snow White and the Huntsman” in 3D, Chris Hemsworth’s and Kristen Stewart’s performance were really awesome and I just loved the story of this movie a lot.:cool:

Apathy
07-16-2012, 05:06 PM
I hated Snow White and the Huntsman. It just blatantly pandered to girls so much that they even felt Florence & the Machine would suit the closing credits. It felt like a highly condensed Lord of the Rings made for girls. Like if the one ring to rule them all was bought at Claires. And came with a free ear piercing.

This, coming from someone who is no stranger to the chick flick genre. Most rom-coms today have quite a bit of "boyfriend humor" or action shoved in places so that guys can convince themselves that the preview looks funny and don't feel bad shelling out twenty bucks for a movie date.

The new Spider-man movie is pretty decent. I haven't seen the Tobey/Raimi ones in quite a while so I'm lacking a side-by-side comparison, but I don't remember hating the first or second one of those either. It feels a little unnecessary, but who am I to turn down more spidey?

The new Oliver Stone flick, Savages is good, but has a terrible ending. I can't say more without spoiling it, but generally I enjoyed it. I am possibly biased, because I'm pre-disposed to the lovely Blake Lively from closely following her terrible television show. It was also fun to see Kick-ass playing someone else.

Edit: Also, I watched the Royal Tennenbaums because I've never seen any Wes Anderson and it was suggested as a starting point. It was funny, I can dig black comedies. Honestly, I felt like Bill Murray was probably the weakest part of the cast (yes, even moreso than Ben Stiller) which worries me, because the other two that I've got queued up, Rushmore, and the Life Aquatic he figures to be a major factor. Any thoughts?

Godxilla
07-16-2012, 05:17 PM
"For Your Eyes Only"
A good Bond film. Nice car chase, awesome ski chase, wicked cool luge/bobsled/motorcycle chase. Good final battle. And more witty remarks from both good and bad guys. But aside from that, it had a pathetic storyline with some meaningless characters and confusing shifts in Bond's opinion of who was right and who was wrong. 5.5/10.

RageAndLov
07-16-2012, 05:32 PM
The Woman in Black. I agreed to watch it without knowing what it was, and it being a horror/thriller film and me hating horror films, I did not enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, it was a good film, but I get so tired sitting there anxiously waiting to be scared or jump. When I watch films I prefer to be able to relax or be entertained.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-16-2012, 05:58 PM
I watched The Mist again last night. Awesome ending.

Outerspaceman21
07-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Saw The Amazing Spider-Man last week. Really good. About what I was expecting. I knew the director from his music video work as well as his debut film, 500 days of summer, which I loved. That combined with the great cast made it so that the only thing to worry about was the story, which was really well done.

KTILLA23
07-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Orange County (2002) 7/10 I thought it was going to suck but it was actually not that bad of a movie and pretty funny in some parts, but i don't think Tom Hanks son is a good actor (star of the movie) or that funny but Jack Black was spot on. Oh and "Defy you" is in the movie!

From IMDB: A guidance counselor mistakenly sends out the wrong transcripts to Stanford University under the name of an over-achieving high schooler.

bucken707
07-25-2012, 03:13 AM
Few days ago I watched Lockout.

Outerspaceman21
07-25-2012, 04:30 PM
The Dark Knight Rises 8/10

minor spoilers ahead, nothing major

I really enjoyed this movie. I was very engrossed in the plot, Christian Bale was actually much better in this movie as Bruce Wayne/Batman (his Bruce Wayne/Batman always bugged, and not just the voice either, though that is back in full swing too), and the supporting characters were pretty cool, in particular John Blake, Selina Kyle and Bane were really good. In my humble opinion, Joseph Gordon-Levitt stole the show with his character and he's easily becoming one of my favorite actors in Hollywood right now. While a lot of people are criticizing her part, Anne Hathaway did a decent job as Catwoman, though I will concede that their were actresses better suited for the part. Still, she wasn't bad. Bane was great. I've heard a lot of people criticizing his voice, saying it really didn't suit the character, but I loved it. It had a deep Sean Connery type of accent which made the character more sophisticated. My only really big complaint about this movie is the plot, which I already said was really engrossing, but it seemed more like a sequel to the first movie rather than The Dark Knight. The movie takes place 8 years after the events in The Dark Knight and all the affect that movie has on the plot is A) Batman is a retired recluse and B) Harvey Dent's death left a positive mark on the city and the city is now a pleasant place to be. Ra's Al Ghul and the League of Shadows from the first film are back, but are more of a plot device. Bane is a former member of the League of Shadows and there is also more, but I don't want to give anything away. I feel a little bit upset that they recycled this rather than moving on to something different, but it all makes sense in the end, which is why I still enjoyed this movie. People will get super fucking nit-picky about this movie, but as a whole, it's a satisfying conclusion. There is nothing really to hate here, but possibly be annoyed by if you are a nit-picky person and really loved the Dark Knight. My only other nit-pick about this movie is, out of all the villains from the previous movies that are referenced, They don't freaking mention the Joker. Not even a throwaway line about how the Joker affected Batman, but I suppose that's for the better I guess.

I also saw Ted last night/this morning. 7/10. Funny movie, really good jokes. Overall plot makes sense and is an enjoyable film to watch.

WebDudette
07-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Spoilers maybe:

My dislike for the movie has very little to do with comic book nitpicking and a whole lot more to do with it being a subpar movie. My major complaints are that there was 20 minutes of Batman in a near 3 hour Batman movie and that while so much stuff happens, none of it was provoking or worthwhile, it was a whole lot of nothing.

I'll get into it more when I get home and don't have to use my iPod.

Outerspaceman21
07-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Spoilers maybe:

My dislike for the movie has very little to do with comic book nitpicking and a whole lot more to do with it being a subpar movie. My major complaints are that there was 20 minutes of Batman in a near 3 hour Batman movie and that while so much stuff happens, none of it was provoking or worthwhile, it was a whole lot of nothing.

I'll get into it more when I get home and don't have to use my iPod.

That's a fair point. I remember one reviewer (can't remember who) said it was more of an ensemble piece rather than a Batman movie.

jacknife737
07-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Savages

I think this is the first Oliver Stone movie that I quite enjoyed.

Bits of the story were a bit too "hippie-ish" for my taste, but overall it was a lot of fun; Del Toro was awesome. Its style/astheti reminded me a lot of a Tony Scott movie.

Dark Knight Rises

I loved it: probably my favorite of Nolan's trilogy.

Not sure where to begin really: all the callbacks to the previous two films were outstanding: it really felt like a satisfactory conclusion to the storyarch. I loved the scale of it: it seemed almost like a Bond movie at times (plane part of the intro).

Tom Hardy's performance of Bane was phenomenal, and dare I say, it is at least on par with Ledger's joker. At times Bane was absolutely terrifying/intimidating but he had personality, he wasn't just this thug, he had a quick wit (ie his lines during the stock exchange scenes); he was quite literally the anti-Batman. And his accent was perfect.

There really wasn't a weak performance from the rest of the cast either, JGL was tight as always, Hathaway totally won me mover too (i was dreading watching her: she's been absolutely unlikeable in just about every other movie she's acted in): but Michael Caine as Alfred was by far the best acting of the entire trilogy.

samseby
07-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Kick-Ass 3.5/10

Not my cup of tea at all. Storyline? Pretty flat if you ask me and way, way too cliché-ridden. Other than that not much too say.

cool 2 hate 681
08-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Savages 4/10

it was ok i guess maybe worth a rental

The Watch 6/10

i enjoyed it better then savages not all the funny parts are in the commercial which is good

KTILLA23
08-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Piranha DD 3/10: Falls in the so bad it's good category all the movie about is tits and killing.

The Fifth Element 7/10: Not a bad movie, and i enjoyed Bruce Willis kicking ass.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Moonrise Kingdom 3/10

Wes Anderson seriously needs someone to pull the giant Wes Anderson out of his ass.

Still haven't seen Dark Knight Rises or Savages. Definitely want to see both.

Tijs
08-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Moonrise Kingdom 3/10I think you forgot the other half of the 8 there.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-04-2012, 10:54 PM
I tried, man. I really tried to get into it. I enjoyed Royal Tenenbaums quite a bit, but I could never get into most of Anderson's other films. This one in particular, I couldn't find the reason to the rhyme. I appreciated that it had a great setting that could have made for an interesting look at a bunch of heavily isolated individuals, but I couldn't connect with anyone and none of the characters, or their relationships with one another, really meant anything to me. I just couldn't make myself care.

cool 2 hate 681
08-13-2012, 03:55 PM
The Bourne Legacy 3/10

it's pretty pathetic they keep making these movies without matt damon it was not good and im glad i didn't pay to see it

Outerspaceman21
08-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Lockout 7/10

Not as bad as Critical reviews made it out to be. Story was a bit formulaic, but Guy Pierce's performance is what saves the film. All in all, a very fun sci-fi/action film with a great smart ass lead character.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
08-19-2012, 03:30 PM
The Bourne Legacy: 7/10

Pretty much what I expected. Loads of action. Nothing remarkable. It was worth my ten bucks. I wouldn't nominate it for any awards or anything but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a male teenager. It's my kind of movie.

cool 2 hate 681
08-26-2012, 01:48 PM
The Dark Knight Rises 8/10

i liked it better then i thought i would make sure you have seen batman begins before you watch it

The Expendables 2 8/10

pretty much the same as the first one

Outerspaceman21
08-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Cabin in the Woods 8/10

Not what I expected at all. Story was really good. It had a meta film vibe to it with the horror themed setting, but this is used more like a plot device for the real story. It had a really good twist that surprised me. The performances from the female lead, Chris Hemsworth and the Stoner were very likable and memorable. Overall, great movie. Worth a watch.

WeAreOne9
08-26-2012, 05:21 PM
The Campaign

In terms of comedic movies, it does not take a whole lot to impress me. Unfortunately this movie did not meet the bar. It was very predictable, everything in it had been done, over and over again. 2/10

Outerspaceman21
08-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Final Destination 5 7/10

Having seen the previous 4 movies, I can say this is probably one of the best of the franchise. The last two started to become formulaic, border lining comedic, gore porn flicks. The tension in these movies was becoming laughable and the characters were forgettable victims of elaborate, over the top death scenes, which to be honest is what the audience of these movie's want, but it doesn't have to cost plot or decent character development. The plot, of course, is simple, but this movie spends a lot more time developing it's characters. There aren't very many annoying asshole characters like in the last two movies (save for one guy who gets offed pretty early) and the rest of the cast, including the minor characters, seem a lot more sincere and memorable. The pace is a lot slower than the last movie, allowing us time to breath in what's going on. The direction was also really good and the twist ending is a nice reference for fans of this franchise (somebody already semi-spoiled it for me, so when I saw the clues that lead to it, I already knew what was coming, but it was still nice). Overall, if you liked the first two movies, this one is definitely worth a watch.

Titus
08-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Primer... movie from 2004, Budget: $7,000. It is a mindfuck! I didn´t understand it all, gonna watch again this weekend. But I recommend everyone to watch it.
The nice thing is there was no "real" actors when they made the movie. The directors does pretty much everything, he is also the main actor and many of the other characters are played by his friends and family.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/

Dulce
09-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Detention (The Movie) - I gave it a one star for the heck of it. From now on, I shall only watch movies with my guy friends.

cool 2 hate 681
09-24-2012, 12:28 AM
The Campaign

In terms of comedic movies, it does not take a whole lot to impress me. Unfortunately this movie did not meet the bar. It was very predictable, everything in it had been done, over and over again. 2/10

i agree but john lithgow and dan aykroyd did a pretty good job as a parody of the koch brothers

samseby
09-25-2012, 06:21 AM
Get Him to the Greek 2/10

Not good at all :(

Cenapunk
09-28-2012, 04:51 AM
I think Terminator2 I saw a last movie...............

cool 2 hate 681
09-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Looper 6/10

it was ok very long probably could have been edited a little more

cool 2 hate 681
10-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Taken 2 7/10

i don't know why it got such bad reviews i thought it was pretty good

Tiny Vessels
10-08-2012, 06:50 PM
21 Jump Street. 8/10. Fucking hilarious I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard watching a movie. It was awesome.

Defender
10-09-2012, 01:13 AM
12 Monkeys 10/10 Masterpiece.

Looper 7/10 That is not a masterpiece but was better than I expected.

Alison
10-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Fantastic Mr. Fox.

I loved it. I had put off watching it because, well I dunno, I don't have a good reason. But I loved it.

Tiny Vessels
10-10-2012, 02:13 AM
Project X 5/10.It kept making me wish I went to a party like that.

magicplumbers
10-11-2012, 08:45 AM
The last movie is saw is:
50 first dates
P.S. i love you
A team
and some more.

Alison
10-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Inbred

A horror about inbred Yorkshire folk. It was pretty gory, but that's a good thing in my opinion. Acting wasn't great, but it was fun to watch. Also, I went to see it in an old church which is converted into a cinema/gig venue, so that was pretty cool.

KTILLA23
10-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Battleship 5/10
Very average movie the aliens looked like shit, and had a very weak storyline.

cool 2 hate 681
10-15-2012, 09:12 PM
End of Watch 6/10

it was ok but i was the only person in the theater

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Sinister 7.5/10

Im a huge horror fan, but most films that come out every given year are complete shit. this one wasnt bad, actually gave me some good scares. Has a few of those "pop-out" scares that annoy the crap out of me (thats not scary, thats reflexes), but mostly just a good creepy ass movie.

yellow
10-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Rampart

i was very dissappointed. It was suppose to be about the Rampart Police station being filled with dirty cops. Instead it was a movie about one dirty cop that worked at Rampart.

I've also been watching Ghost Adventures which is funny and entertaining.

Defender
10-20-2012, 05:03 AM
I was curious about "Moonrise Kingdom" and finally saw it. Cute movie but nothing special. Not my cup of tea. The children will love it,though.

Titus
10-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Sinister 7.5/10

Im a huge horror fan, but most films that come out every given year are complete shit. this one wasnt bad, actually gave me some good scares. Has a few of those "pop-out" scares that annoy the crap out of me (thats not scary, thats reflexes), but mostly just a good creepy ass movie.

I am a big horror fan too and I agree with you. Not a lot of new horror nice movies.
but I loved Sinister, it is one of the best I have seen in the last years

10/10

Selena74
10-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Ive been on a slasher film kick lately. I've always loved horror movies, more so around Halloween. I just finished watching Halloween Resurrection. It came out a few years ago, but I didn't get around to watching it. I didn't have high expectations. But honestly, I really liked it. It was somewhat predictable, but still gruesome! :)

Paint_It_Black
10-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Looper. I didn't really know anything about it going in but I'd seen a tv trailer and it looked like it might be worth watching. Sadly it wasn't. Time travel stories are difficult to get right but this movie made a horrible mess of it. Aside from that I thought there were some decent performances, particularly from a superb child actor, but nothing that could redeem this pile of poo. I get the feeling the script went through a massive series of re-writes. It's the only way I can explain all the pointless details thrown in that went nowhere or were never referred to again. I'm thinking they must have been artifacts from previous versions of the script. That would also explain why the story was so monumentally fucked and couldn't keep any internal consistency. Compared to this, Timecop looks like it was written by Stephen Hawking.

Dulce
11-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Moonrise Kingdom 4/5 stars rating

Great movie for the whole family.

Alison
11-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Skyfall

I thought it was pretty good. However, it was a bit long, or perhaps it was my fault for going to see it so late. But yeah, I liked it. And the house in Scotland was amazing looking.

rocygolly
11-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Finally watch TED, not bad,

mmdesignes679
11-10-2012, 04:37 AM
Raaz 3 !!! very Nice Movie :o

samseby
11-12-2012, 06:00 AM
The social network 4/10

Kind of boring and - as far as I'm concerned - not a single good job regarding the acting :(
Thank God I could watch it on TV and didn't have to spend any money on this one.

nieh
11-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Saw Skyfall this weekend, and Seven Psychopaths and Birdemic with Rifftrax commentary a couple weeks ago.
Having never seen any of the classic bonds (I've only seen the Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig ones), and it being such a long time since I've seen the non-Daniel Craig ones, I can't say much about how it stacks up in the grand scheme of Bond films, but I enjoyed it quite a bit and it was probably the best of the last Craig ones to date. The Moneypenney reveal was dumb, though.
The trailers for Seven Psychopaths left me with the feeling that it was trying way too hard, but since it got such good reviews I figured I'd give it a go. While it was fun, I still felt like it was trying too hard both to be meta, and to have crazy, ridiculous characters.
Birdemic was horribly made, horribly written, horribly acted, and the sound constantly went from almost ear-destroyingly loud to being impossible to hear, and it was awesome.

cool 2 hate 681
11-16-2012, 08:50 PM
I just saw Skyfall and I agree it's probably the best Daniel Craig one I liked it much better than Quantum of Solace

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Resident Evil happens to be on SyFy right now, so I'm watching that. I saw it in the theater when it first came out 10 years ago. Pretty good movie.

jacknife737
11-19-2012, 12:09 PM
http://thefilmstage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/cloud_atlas_1-620x411.jpg

Liked this quite a bit: usually don't care for Hally Berry but she did a pretty good job but Hanks stole the show as usual: it was an interesting idea to use the same actors for multiple roles - was fun trying to pick them out even with really heavy makeup on. I think i'll need to watch it a second time to properly take in the plot though.

http://www.sugarbang.com/storage/skyfall_movie_poster.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSI ON=1337642166037

Fucking brilliant. The best of the Craig Bonds, and has become one of my favorite in the series. The Shanghai scenes were absolutely stunningly gorgeous; all the throwback references to the past Bond films were perfect; and Bardem was a brilliant villain (loved all the homoerotic tension): but the final act/fight was my favorite part of the whole thing.

cool 2 hate 681
11-19-2012, 09:37 PM
The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) 4/10

pretty much a b movie that didn't need to be made

Alison
11-21-2012, 05:40 AM
Young Adam - This was pretty good. Bit filthy, but good!

Perfect Sense - Was a lot better than expected it to be. Basically about an epidemic where people are gradually losing all their senses. I really liked it, although it was a bit depressing.

Norwegian Wood - Read the book of this last year and absolutely loved it. Finally got around the watching the film, and although it wasn't as great as the book, it was still really good.

Defender
11-21-2012, 09:08 AM
I saw the new 007 movie. It is said that "Skyfall" maybe is the best Bond movie... No way for me. It is an excellent Bond movie but nothing more than that. I think I miss the old classic style of Bond films.

cool 2 hate 681
11-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3/10

Just like the new Spider-Man I wonder why this one was even made

_Lost_
11-21-2012, 04:59 PM
I watched Mysterious Skin the other night. It was good, but extremely tough to watch. Like mentally painful.

Alison
11-22-2012, 04:35 AM
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

I had no fucking idea what was going on. I thought oh, maybe it's just the start, and I'll catch on in a bit...but after 2 hours I still had no idea. Well, I had a very very slight idea, but no. My friend also had no idea what was going on, so I didn't feel too stupid.

jacknife737
11-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

I had no fucking idea what was going on. I thought oh, maybe it's just the start, and I'll catch on in a bit...but after 2 hours I still had no idea. Well, I had a very very slight idea, but no. My friend also had no idea what was going on, so I didn't feel too stupid.

If you have the time, re-watch it: it takes a couple viewings for the finer plot points to sort of sink in. I'm quite a fan of it though: the ending montage while "La Mer" plays is just perfect.

Alison
11-23-2012, 09:09 AM
If you have the time, re-watch it: it takes a couple viewings for the finer plot points to sort of sink in. I'm quite a fan of it though: the ending montage while "La Mer" plays is just perfect.

I don't know if I could suffer through it again. I hear there is a rather good BBC Series of it from the 1970's though.

Saw Gambit last night.

Was a lot better than expected from my impression of the trailer. It was pretty funny, and Colin Firth was charming as always. And a good ending!

personal_loans_1
11-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Ôdishon (Audition) is the first movie in a very very long time that I didn't finish. I stopped shortly after gore part started. Holy fuck, holy fuck, holy fuck. I'm not sure if to delete it or just watch it the other time. I'm not sure if it's worth it. First part was very nice though. Then it gets a little boring and then I suppose it 'starts' again. But I don't know...
Probably I shouldn't have a supper while watching it at the first place. I knew it was a bad idea, but also I thought I'm more resistant to such a things. Apparently I'm not.

The_Astronomer
11-24-2012, 08:41 PM
3000 miles to graceland is the last movie i saw recently, awesome film kevin costner is great, dressed as elvis robbing the casino and the siege at the end of the movie.

samseby
12-02-2012, 03:22 AM
The whole nine yards 9.5/10
Absolutely love it :D
On to The whole ten yards
Edit: Which was even better :)

Dulce
12-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Idle Hands. Hilarious fucking movie! The offspring's dexter getting beheaded :rolleyes: . Need I say more shit?
Sucker Punch. The chicks kick ass and looking sexy. Bitchslap. All of the chicks are smoking hot.

jacknife737
12-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Lincoln

Was pretty good. Though i think that my favorite performances were actually from James Spader and Tommey Lee Jones rather than with Daniel Day Lewis.

One Week

Liked it quite a it. The whole thing was like one big road trip across Canada.

Hairlip
12-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Flight with Denzel Washington was pretty good last night. I had no idea what it was about and it turned out to be one of the better movies I've seen in awhile.

yellow
12-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Limitless - oh sooooo lame

Transformers 3 Dark side of the moon - I loved it

Harleyquiiinn
12-10-2012, 10:41 AM
The last movie I really loved was Copland.

I've never seen it before and I thought it was a great movie. Stallone would have made me cry if it was a crying type movie.

Vera
12-14-2012, 10:23 AM
The Hobbit.

I gives it 12 out of 13 dwarves.

cool 2 hate 681
12-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Idle Hands. Hilarious fucking movie!

agree i love that movie

Limitless - oh sooooo lame

yeah very lame movie

Vera
12-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Was Idle Hands a film anybody watched repeatedly after their first viewing of it? I mean, I get it, we all saw it because we like the Offspring but fucking ... really? It feels like one of those films you might not appreciate once the novelty of seeing your fave band on-screen has worn off.

Alison
12-15-2012, 03:53 AM
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Unfortunately I was a bit baked for the first half hour so was a bit overwhelmed, but after that I began to really enjoy it. The music is so fucking intense. I loved Martin Freeman as Bilbo, think he was a great choice for the part. The 3 hours really flew by, I was hoping that it wouldn't end, but alas.

Also loved Kili ;)

Can't wait for the next one! Think I will reread the book now.

Offspring-Junkie
12-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Was Idle Hands a film anybody watched repeatedly after their first viewing of it? I mean, I get it, we all saw it because we like the Offspring but fucking ... really? It feels like one of those films you might not appreciate once the novelty of seeing your fave band on-screen has worn off.

It's the most awesome movie ever, not just because of The Offspring. Jessica Alba and Seth Green act there too. The complete opposite of "Pauly Shore is dead". Dexter is in that movie too (just in the outtakes of the DVD), like many other celebrities, but it's still the worst movie I've seen.

cool 2 hate 681
12-15-2012, 02:37 PM
It's the most awesome movie ever, not just because of The Offspring. Jessica Alba and Seth Green act there too. The complete opposite of "Pauly Shore is dead". Dexter is in that movie too (just in the outtakes of the DVD), like many other celebrities, but it's still the worst movie I've seen.

I agree even if The Offspring were not in it I would still really like Idle Hands

but then again I like almost anything that is a horror comedy and yeah Pauly Shore is dead is an awful B movie

jacknife737
12-15-2012, 07:48 PM
I think Idle Hands manages to stand on its own merits. Granted its not very well made, but its still pretty fun.

jacknife737
12-16-2012, 02:21 AM
Lawless

Was really good: Guy Pierce really steals every scene he's in. Would have liked to have seen more of Gary Oldman's character. I really like Nick Cave's work as a screen-writer - i totally need to watch The Proposition again.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

It was a lot of fun - I appreciated that they didn't shy away from the over the top action scenes.

cool 2 hate 681
12-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Jack Reacher 7/10

typical pg 13 action movie

Lincoln

I didn't see all of it so I can't rate it but it looked pretty good

RageAndLov
12-22-2012, 05:51 PM
I saw 2012 yesterday. I had not seen it before and thought it was fitting to see it yesterday.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/dd/2012_Poster.jpg/220px-2012_Poster.jpg