PDA

View Full Version : A Stupid Hobby of Mine

bighead384
12-26-2011, 08:03 PM
I like to email businesses (usually smaller businesses) about ways to improve their product or service. I emailed a SaladWorks ripoff place and asked them why they had no vegetarian sandwiches or soups, and I think I got through to the guy a bit. I emailed a new Bar/Grill about how shitty their cheese fries are. These cheese fries had a polite amount shredded cheddar cheese on top of them. Using SHREDDED CHEESE to make cheese fries?! FUCK THAT. That's like something I've probably done when I was drunk and had no other choice.

But my most recent achievement is getting through to a representative at Wawa (a superior version of 7 Eleven that only exists in certain areas of the North East) about the stupidity of the build of their Hummus and Pita Bread snack. The snack features four Pita rounds that aren't much larger than poker chips and a SHITLOAD of roasted red pepper hummus. You can literally cover each pita round in hummus and still have half the hummus remaining. Dead serious. It's sells for 3 bucks, and it isn't filling at all. I suggested that they add another pita round and reduce the amount of hummus.

Here's what the guy responded:

Thank you for contacting Wawa Consumer Relations with your suggestion to adjust the build on the Pita snack. I think it is a great idea! We value your feedback and your business. Without the input of our consumers, we would not have the resources to service you.Your comments and suggestion have been communicated to the Marketing Team for consideration.

I am a proud man.

T-6005
12-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Yeah, good luck with that.

Harleyquiiinn
12-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Cheese fries ?! Like... french fries with cheddar ?

Oh... Sometimes I wonder how come some americans can actually stay thin...

Chainsaw
12-27-2011, 04:30 AM
Hmm, haven't even heard of cheese fries before now. Just regular fries covered in cheese?

BagOfShenanigans
12-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Wawa has the best damned milkshakes.

Llamas
12-27-2011, 07:10 AM
It's never real cheese, though. It's that fake processed cheese cream stuff. Like this:

http://www.badmouth.net/content/uploads/2010/09/Cheese_Fries.jpg

Even worse are chili cheese fries:

http://justinsapp.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/doggies_chili_cheese_french_fries.jpg

Soooo tasty, though!

Llamas
12-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Lol I just now read bighead's post. The fake cheese is exactly what he's claiming to want.

Harleyquiiinn
12-27-2011, 07:16 AM
potatoes and cheese => American version

http://www.badmouth.net/content/uploads/2010/09/Cheese_Fries.jpg

potatoes and cheese => european/mountain version

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7f/Raclette2.jpg

I have to admit though, I kinda want to try the fake cheese fries thing :p

Llamas
12-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Hahaha, but you know, Brits, Germans and Czechs are supposedly just as fat as Americans... I guess it's more because of shitloads of beer, but that's not healthy, either :P

Most Americans aren't giant boats because we know to eat these kinds of things in moderation. There's nothing wrong with them existing, as they do taste damn good... the problem comes with people who don't understand self-control :P

bighead384
12-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, good luck with that.

What's so hard to believe about it? Jackasses with degrees but no common sense end up in positions like this all the time, making stupid products that could easily be improved. I mean, the guy went out of his way to write that.

Cheese fries need to be pretty heavily covered, although some places manage to overdo it. The best kind is the white cheese dip they give you at a lot of bar/grills, which are usually the fries they claim are that bars "famous fries" in my experience. I prefer the "thick cheese dip" style, because you can control how much cheese is on your fries.

personal_loans_1
12-28-2011, 09:06 AM
At least they certainly read your e-mail if they inserted right meal name into that text.

I'm disappointed, cause after reading a few words I thought this thread would be about sending kind of a 'fan' letters to companies and getting some nice things in response, I'd like to try it once, maybe.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
12-30-2011, 03:28 PM
I wrote a letter to Jones soda and they sent me a couple stickers.
As I look over to a shelf at my right, I can see 94 empty bottles of Jones Soda, all of which I drank, AND THEY GIVE ME 2 STICKERS?!

(I am not fat)

RageAndLov
01-01-2012, 07:54 AM
What the fuck is cheese fries?

Baldwin
01-01-2012, 07:57 AM
If you want free shit, invent some horrible instance of appalling customer service or foreign objects in your cheese fries, write an outraged complaint based on it, and mail it to head office. You're guaranteed some free-shit vouchers included in their apology letter.

nieh
01-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Cheese fries and bacon cheddar fries are almost never as awesome as they should be, because the cheese sauce always leaves the fries soggy and gross. There are some places that use actual cheese instead of the sauce crap and those are much, much better.

bighead384
01-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Cheese fries and bacon cheddar fries are almost never as awesome as they should be, because the cheese sauce always leaves the fries soggy and gross. There are some places that use actual cheese instead of the sauce crap and those are much, much better.

Right, but def. not shredded cheese. Shredded cheese just ends up real dry and chewy on top of the fries. Slices of American Cheese work. The best is that white cheese dip sauce.

Jakebert
01-01-2012, 11:58 AM
The best is chili cheese tater tots.

They stay crispy even when drenched in cheese or cheese-sauce, but are still nice and soft in the middle.

bighead384
01-01-2012, 12:07 PM
The best is chili cheese tater tots.

They stay crispy even when drenched in cheese or cheese-sauce, but are still nice and soft in the middle.

Holy shit are you right. I forgot all about them. That might be my mission for the day...eating those.

nieh
01-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Right, but def. not shredded cheese. Shredded cheese just ends up real dry and chewy on top of the fries. Slices of American Cheese work. The best is that white cheese dip sauce.

I prefer cheddar over that. There's a place down the street from me called the Pop Shop that does it right. The Collingswood fries are the best, but I almost never actually get them. They also have half a page of their menu devoted to grilled cheese.

Omni
01-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Shredded cheese over fries is the best. Not that Velveeta shit. Or even cheese slices. I think cheese slices are the worst.

Llamas
01-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Wtf, slices of american cheese on fries? That sounds extremely ghetto. I'm all about shredded cheese if they do it right.

Heat butter, add flour, cook for a minute. Add milk, whisk. Stir in grated cheddar cheese with a wooden spoon. Once melted, add a small bit of tomato sauce. Then you have the sauce on the side for dipping, so the fries don't get all soggy.

Perfection.

bighead384
01-01-2012, 12:40 PM
I prefer cheddar over that. There's a place down the street from me called the Pop Shop that does it right. The Collingswood fries are the best, but I almost never actually get them. They also have half a page of their menu devoted to grilled cheese.

Oh my god. I go there all the time. That place is usually great but they mess up orders a lot. That's so nuts that you live that close.

Jakebert
01-01-2012, 12:48 PM
It seems like gourmet grilled cheese is becoming the next big restaurant trend. There's a really good one here in Akron that got big buzz when it opened 5 years ago, then like a year later 2 opened in Cleveland that have been on the Travel Channel. Now I'm learning from the internet that this is happening is most big cities.

bighead384
01-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Speaking of Grilled Cheese and The Pop Shop...The Pop Shop has tons Gourmet Grilled Cheese options. One time I went on a date, and they fucked up our orders there. So another person in the restaurant got my sandwich or something like that. I ended up getting diarrhea later on while at the girls house. She had a really small house, and the fan had no bathroom to cover the sound. Worst thing ever.