PDA

View Full Version : The most shocking news I heard all week.

Harleyquiiinn
12-28-2011, 09:57 AM
I think I heard about it before, but I thought it was actually fake and it's not

You americans (from the US, I mean) cannot eat Kinder Suprise !

This is like... woh... crazy !

I am so sorry for you.

http://germanverne.wifeo.com/images/k/kin/kinder_surprise.jpg

personal_loans_1
12-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Hahaha. I was shocked similar way when I discovered how many kinds of kitkat exist, while there're only 5 or slightly more of them here.
What's your source?

Harleyquiiinn
12-28-2011, 10:17 AM
http://dlewis.net/nik-archives/contraband-confection/

Llamas
12-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Oh, we can (and do!) eat them... they just have to be brought into the country without anyone knowing ;) It just goes with all that lawsuit stuff... the company that makes them is afraid of getting sued because of the choking hazard. If your kid is stupid enough to choke on a huge toy inside a chocolate egg, you did a shitty job of raising them. For serious.

Harleyquiiinn
12-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Oh, we can (and do!) eat them... they just have to be brought into the country without anyone knowing ;) It just goes with all that lawsuit stuff... the company that makes them is afraid of getting sued because of the choking hazard. If your kid is retarded enough to choke on a huge toy inside a chocolate egg, you did a shitty job of raising them. For serious.

lol, I found my professionnal reconversion : Kinder Eggs dealer in the US :cool:

Llamas
12-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Haha, my professor for Business German used to supposedly bring back craploads of them with her every time she'd return from Bulgaria (yep, Bulgarian teacher for business German... logical :P) I was always baffled as to how she was always able to bring SO MANY. I think she had a dealer ;)

Omni
12-28-2011, 01:30 PM
I've never heard of these. Are they like Cadbury Eggs except inside a plastic Easter Egg-like shell?

It's kind of insulting they think American children and parents are too stupid to responsibly eat candy. But, hey, we invented both McDonald's and the act of suing McDonald's because their coffee is hot and refreshing.

Llamas
12-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Kinder Surprise is kinda lame nowadays because the quality of the toy has really decreased. I guess the toy thing has been similar to Cracker Jack in terms of quality decrease. However, it's just a hollow chocolate egg with a toy inside.

I don't think they think Americans are too stupid... it's that Americans are just lawsuit-happy. Though it's hard to tell which one it is - was the lady who put her cat in the microwave just looking for a lawsuit, or was she that stupid? The world may never know.

I've never really been a fan of Kinder Surprise. Kind of a boring snack. I prefer Kinder Bueno, personally.

http://www.canada.com/life/2353198.bin?size=620x400
The toy is always encased in a rather large yellow plastic thing. There's no excuse for choking on it. It looks like this:

http://thecraftorialist.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/kinder-surprise.jpg

XYlophonetreeZ
12-28-2011, 01:53 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk6gd4Nhba1qgmpb8o1_500.jpg

Llamas
12-28-2011, 02:15 PM
What's your point, xyz?

XYlophonetreeZ
12-28-2011, 02:20 PM
None whatsoever. Just posting a similar product that was available in the US for a short time.

Omni
12-28-2011, 02:26 PM
I remember eating a Wonderball now, actually. I had forgotten all about it. They discontinued those? Out of sheer unpopularity?

Llamas
12-28-2011, 02:30 PM
None whatsoever. Just posting a similar product that was available in the US for a short time.
Ah. Photo without context confused me. I thought you were making a statement :P

I remember eating a Wonderball now, actually. I had forgotten all about it. They discontinued those? Out of sheer unpopularity?

Well, I remember them being discontinued for the choking hazard, but I looked it up after the post... they changed it to candy for that reason, but then discontinued I'm guessing due to unpopularity. Candy in a chocolate ball isn't anything that original, I guess.

PAC90
12-28-2011, 05:02 PM
They could at least make the Easter Kinder Eggs available, the toys are bigger and there's no choking hazard, plus they're great

wheelchairman
12-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Its the worst chocolate ever with a toy no kid would play with. Unlike llamas I tried them as a child, and unlike an impoverished european kid, I wasn't fooled by blue and orange plastic shaped like stupid things. Ooh a horse from that avatar movie, its still a decade away!

Llamas
12-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Its the worst chocolate ever with a toy no kid would play with. Unlike llamas I tried them as a child, and unlike an impoverished european kid, I wasn't fooled by blue and orange plastic shaped like stupid things. Ooh a horse from that avatar movie, its still a decade away!

Haha, yeah, I never tried them as a kid. I think I had my first one at the ripe age of 22. I just had heard the toys had declined in quality... maybe they always sucked and the people I talked to had just grown up? :P

wheelchairman
12-29-2011, 12:49 AM
I have no idea what the toys are like today. But they were super shitty in the 90s. Rocks and sticks were more fun.

Jojan
12-29-2011, 07:06 AM
You americans (from the US, I mean) cannot eat Kinder Suprise !

What makes Americans unable to eat Kinder Surprise? I know that the eggs are not sold in the United States, but that does not imply that Americans can not eat them.

Little_Miss_1565
12-29-2011, 12:12 PM
I've totally purchased Kinder Surprises here in the US. Wasn't terribly impressed, but it was fine. Had no idea they were illegal.

PAC90
12-29-2011, 03:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JMJmO.jpg
I still love my homer flashlight from Kinder surprise (the easter eggs)

wheelchairman
12-29-2011, 03:28 PM
I forgive you if you're 12 or younger, or if you got it while 12 or younger and it has sentimental value. Otherwise you're an embarrasment to your nation.

Though I don't remember anything electronic in kindereggs. The coolest thing I got was a cast-iron mini soldier, terrible toy, excellent projectile.

PAC90
12-29-2011, 04:01 PM
I was 15 or 16 still has sentimental value though cause it was an Easter present

T-6005
12-29-2011, 08:17 PM
The best toy a Kinder Egg could give you was the actual capsule the toy came in. You can easily make a few hours of that indoors.

For that reason alone I loved them.

mrconeman
12-29-2011, 08:29 PM
I remember enjoying them as a kid actually. I have fond memories of that. Though I haven't tried them in my adult years. Probably not even in my teenage years.

My favourite of the toys were the ones with several parts that you had to build, and that came with a little illustrated piece of paper showing you how to build it; it made me feel like a mechanic, which was great.

Lizardus
12-29-2011, 09:08 PM
I used to eat those things by the truckload when I was in Spain. I liked the toys because I've always been a sucker for miniatures.

Harleyquiiinn
12-30-2011, 02:07 AM
The best toy a Kinder Egg could give you was the actual capsule the toy came in. You can easily make a few hours of that indoors.

For that reason alone I loved them.

So true.

And that's over. Now the two parts are attached and you can't do that anymore.

It is true that the quality of the toys declined. I absolutely remember that I had to build them when I was a kid which was all the fun value. But they became afraid of law suits as well, obviously.

The big easter kinder eggs still have really fun toys though sometime.

Still, I love Kinder eggs. Don't know if it's nostalgia or something but I just love them.

Ilovellamas> If you prefer Kinder Bueno, I have the ultimate Kinder type for you. http://fr-fr.facebook.com/pages/Kinder-SOFTY/63401986040 They are Kinder eggs with bueno inside. Really good :cool:

jacknife737
12-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Had these a couple times as a kid, i remember them being somewhat enjoyable; but then again, it didn't really take much to keep me entertained as a five year old.

personal_loans_1
12-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Once when I was on vacation by the sea I was in sth like a museum of those toys. If you were lucky you could sell yours for some really nice money if that guy who was collecting them missed that particular one. I had one frog he was looking for, in home, miles away, bummer.

I enjoyed k.surprise on all 4, main, mentioned here before, levels; building (this group included the best and the worst one, and fucking sticking, I had no patience for it), looking at them, like, there were sooo small (figures - if I remember correctly were really well made, also good for throwing, indestructiblke), capsules and chocolate, mentioned in the pejorative context with what I agree and don't agree, because in that small amount, I really liked it.

I still have a lot of them in the attic, more than a hundred maybe, I was buying them really heavily during 2 years or sth like this, ageees ago.

Retard
12-30-2011, 05:02 PM
They look interesting but I've never had one, but I guess I can't anyway since I live in the US.

Jakebert
01-01-2012, 01:49 PM
They used to have something similar in the US when I was a kid. I don't remember the name, I just remember that it was always really shitty, plastic-y tasting chocolate with some Disney character toy inside.

Lizardus
01-02-2012, 05:20 PM
They used to have something similar in the US when I was a kid. I don't remember the name, I just remember that it was always really shitty, plastic-y tasting chocolate with some Disney character toy inside.

Incidentally, the toys tasted like chocolate.

RageAndLov
01-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Poor USAmericans. I feel for you.... while I'll eat this Kinder Surprise.

Llamas
01-03-2012, 07:59 PM
You missed the crux of the discussion. And that is: Kinder Surprise are pretty crappy. Weak chocolate, useless toy. But you can continue pitying people for not having access to something pretty lame :P

Harleyquiiinn
01-04-2012, 01:41 AM
I wouldn't say that Kinder chocolate is crappy. It's chocolate for kids, so it's full of sugar but it's good. I like it anyway.

Also, the toys weren't always crappy and some of them are still good surprises sometime. I had a spinning top in my last kinder egg that was pretty cool to make. Nephew and niece loved it, which is a good sign considering they are the main target of the product.

Also, the topic of this thread was more about that absurd law...

Which brings me to another question. What about the Epiphany ? Do you make King cakes in the US ? (a cake with a small trinket inside)

samseby
01-04-2012, 07:16 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Cg3Uu6HMQkk/TmzBE1bsL5I/AAAAAAAAJrs/AG6ouWlYfus/s1600/Kinder%2BSurprise%2BIllegal%2BIn%2BUSA.jpg
Well ... no comment ;) (thought it was pretty funny though).

I really like Kinder berraschung ... Yes, you may call me nostalgic now but it's nice to have some things around that have been out there since early childhood ;)

personal_loans_1
01-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Toys packed in cereal are allowed, as are the surprises in Cracker Jack, because those are considered to be in the box, and not embedded with the food itself. I like how 'toy embedded with the food itself' sounds so barbaric.

Lizardus
01-05-2012, 04:15 AM
Bots like Kinder Surprise.

RageAndLov
01-05-2012, 05:37 PM
You missed the crux of the discussion. And that is: Kinder Surprise are pretty crappy. Weak chocolate, useless toy. But you can continue pitying people for not having access to something pretty lame :P

Says you USAmericans yes, but that's just because you are really envious of our glorious Kinder Surprise!

yarock
01-05-2012, 05:44 PM
They despise Kinder Surprise, but they adore handegg.

Llamas
01-06-2012, 03:28 AM
Says you USAmericans yes, but that's just because you are really envious of our glorious Kinder Surprise!

Of course, because it's not like this American lives in Europe and can get Kinder Surprise whenever she wants ;)

personal_loans_1
01-08-2012, 10:35 AM
48 kb.;)
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/383694_10150601470354809_230714584808_11143148_371 420293_n.jpg

killer_queen
01-11-2012, 09:37 AM
I still keep a couple of eggs in my house in case my nephews visit but compared to the ones we got when I was a kid, the toys are quite bad now. But in the past there were lots of nice toys, like characters from Asterix's village. Or a series of little crocodiles.
There's something bad about them though. Like ever kid we got them for the toys but we had to eat the chocolates since my family strongly disapproved of throwing food away. And it was like a torture for me because I liked only dark chocolate back then.