PDA

View Full Version : 2011: An Offspring BBS Retrospective

Jakebert
12-31-2011, 02:38 PM
NOTABLE EVENTS:

-Spring 2011:
-Jakebert returns.
-Bighead makes an outrageous claim. Back peddles by claiming to be joking. Arguments ensue.
-Dexter Holland briefly visits the board and secretly decides to disband the Offspring in disgust.
-The on-topic section is asked to vote in one of many polls about whether or not "Defy You" is the best GUITAR ROCK SINGLE OF ALL TIME.
-Other bands highlights: People still really like aging 90s alternative rock bands.

-Summer 2011:
-Bighead makes an outrageous claim. Back peddles by claiming to be joking. Arguments ensue.
-Mario does bad imitation of Maddox.
-JohnnyNemesis sexes all the white women.
-Other bands highlights: Social Distortion and their new album.

-Fall 2011:
-Bighead decides to change his ways. Lasts half a thread. mrconeman ensures that everyone notices.
-Jakebert finds out, to his horror, that Tool is still relevant.
-No one is still sure which band started the punk rock.
-Jojan posts something irrelevant and mildly amusing.
-Jojan posts something irrelevant and not amusing enough.
-TheOldMark lurks.
-Sin Studly once again revisits the board, if only to look at the horse fucking thread.
-The on-topic section is shaken to it's core when it learns that there are indeed other bands that exist aside from the Offspring. Developments to follow.
-Other bands highlights: Linkin Park are something I dunno I don't look at it anymore.

-Holidays 2011:
-ChrisDude returns from his hiatus to ensure that we indeed vote for the Offspring as the best classical artist of the new decade.
-The on-topic revelation from Fall 2011 continues as user DIRTYMAGICHOMBRE is beaten to death for claiming that "these Pink Floyd guys might actually be better than the Offspring".
-Naked pictures of llamas and Sarah scandalize the board. It is eventually proven that they are not real, however Jakebert keeps pretending and saves the photos to a folder labeled "Political Philosophy of 18th Century Europe Class Notes".
-JohnnyNemesis once again refuses to celebrate Christmas, as "it's for white people".
-Mario shoots someone outside of a Walmart.
-Other bands highlights: "Best of 2011" thread has multiple lists placing a still-unreleased Offspring album at #1.

-New Years Day 2012:
-Dexter Holland announces indefinite hiatus for the Offspring. Many on topic users leap to their deaths from high rise buildings. Dexter simply scrapes the cheeto crums off of his manboobs and continues watching Top Gear.

holland25
12-31-2011, 03:09 PM
I fucking love you.

Outerspaceman21
12-31-2011, 03:20 PM
-Sin Studly once again revisits the board, if only to look at the horse fucking thread.

Lmao

-No one is still sure which band started the punk rock

Everyone knows it was Green Day that started punk :P

bighead384
12-31-2011, 03:42 PM
This list is bullshit. I hate it.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
12-31-2011, 04:04 PM
No nononononononononono, no no no no. YuO suk

ThunderPX
12-31-2011, 04:18 PM
This list needs more me on it. I don't care that I haven't done anything this year or in past years.

BagOfShenanigans
12-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Pffffft Hahahahahaahhaha!

Llamas
12-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Awesome recap. A+.

jacknife737
01-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Just outstanding.

Baldwin
01-01-2012, 07:50 AM
I just wanted to talk about my beard.

edit ; and since when is JohnnyNemesis not white? That better be a joke on your part. I was actually polite to him on several occasions.

RageAndLov
01-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Amazing !

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
01-01-2012, 03:53 PM
-Dexter Holland announces indefinite hiatus for the Offspring. Many on topic users leap to their deaths from high rise buildings. Dexter simply scrapes the cheeto crums off of his manboobs and continues watching Top Gear.

I'm confused about this one. Did I miss something?

Jojan
01-01-2012, 04:24 PM
-Jojan posts something irrelevant and mildly amusing.
-Jojan posts something irrelevant and not amusing enough.

What the fuck? I have no recollection of that.

Jakebert
01-01-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm confused about this one. Did I miss something?

Yeah dude the Offspring broke up.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
01-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Yeah dude the Offspring broke up.

I might not be on here for a while you guys, I'm going to go find a high rise building. :D

Lizardus
01-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Will this be on the test? I haven't studied for anything.

adombomb222
01-05-2012, 04:59 AM
Why thank you Jakebert, that catches me up to date. Now I can jump back into the BBS! =D

holland25
01-06-2012, 08:28 AM
What the fuck? I have no recollection of that.

You're doing it EVERY day. Especially the 2nd part.

Paint_It_Black
01-08-2012, 10:03 AM
January 2012 - Al Coholic sues Jakebert for copyright infringement.