PDA

View Full Version : For some reason I'm really entertained by this.

XYlophonetreeZ
01-05-2012, 12:12 AM
So this guy is a "poet." That's what he calls himself and I don't know what else to call him, really. There just isn't a neat little genre name for this kind of performance. I've never met him, but he's a friend of a friend and has gained some mild popularity locally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20sySljRmZ0

I mean, I probably couldn't do that. Sure, I could get up on a stage and spew thoughts that enter my head at random and scream unexpectedly, but there's no way it would be that entertaining. It would just be goofy and indulgent. I've watched this video probably about 7 times. Something about it just draws me in. Shrug.

T-6005
01-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I do try and figure this type of thing out, but whenever I watch it I just feel like there's something about the performance I'm missing. And I automatically assign the blame to my way of watching - I just don't seem to get it. Secretly though, I'm sure it's the performance itself, but benefit of the doubt and all that. Bits and pieces draw me in, here and there, but as a whole I leave not being sure what I just saw. I don't even have a question about it.