PDA

View Full Version : Damn, thats expensive...

smashitup-
02-09-2005, 05:11 PM
:mad: Well, I own all Offspring albums except for self-titled. Ive had to burn a copy cuz I have never been able to find it, but finally today, at ''Sunrise Records'' I found it! I was so happy that I could finally complete my Offspring collection, until I saw the price. I live in Canada, and the price was 30$. Shit, thats alot of money for 10 songs. So I decided to return there another time to get it. I was just wondering if your self titled copy was alot of $$, to see if im getting ripped off.

I don't know
02-09-2005, 05:13 PM
I payed the same as I would pay for an ordinary album, not too expensive

SkunkIt
02-09-2005, 05:16 PM
They actually took out "Kill the President" when they put it on a different record label. That's why, but make sure that it has that song on it. I doubt the price is gonna go down if you wait longer. Somebody else might buy it of you wait longer. I went to California, and I bought "Conspiracy of one" from there. It was 20 bucks, but eveything's cheaper in the U.S.A. If it was an ordinary CD, I wouldn't pay more than 15 dollars for it or 20 Canadian. But since this one's not easy to find anymore, it'll cost a bit more, but I wouldn't pay more than 30 bucks for it in Canada and 20 in the U.S.A.

smashitup-
02-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Well, I would imagine 30 canadian would be around 25 american. So if you are american, is that what you pay usually?

I don't know
02-09-2005, 05:22 PM
no ,it's really expensive, I just saw it on mtv website's for $10.66

Tired_Of_You
02-09-2005, 05:24 PM
I live in Canada too. I bought it before 2001 and if if my memory is good, it was expensive compared to other CDs. It was probably between 25$ and 30$. Maybe you could buy it in a second-hand CD store? Less expensive and you'd have a lot of chances to find one with Kill The President on it. Good luck.

SkunkIt
02-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Well, I would imagine 30 canadian would be around 25 american. So if you are american, is that what you pay usually?

You're close, but I sed a currency conversion calculator and it gave me,

30.00 CAD Canada Dollars = 24.04 USD United States Dollars

The USD is rounded off.

smashitup-
02-09-2005, 05:32 PM
I live in Canada too. I bought it before 2001 and if if my memory is good, it was expensive compared to other CDs. It was probably between 25$ and 30$. Maybe you could buy it in a second-hand CD store? Less expensive and you'd have a lot of chances to find one with Kill The President on it. Good luck.

Well, I check this used CD store about once every 2 weeks, and ive seen every Offspring CD available except for self titled, so no luck there. Also a different one that around 45 mins away from where I live, so I check it rarely. Around once every 2 months. No luck there eather. :( So this weekend, I would have enough money to get self titled without kill the president. Is it worth it? Especially with the price! But what im worried about is that if I wait about another year, that CD wont be in stores anymore. Could that ever happen cuz its too old?

killboypwrheadjx
02-09-2005, 06:18 PM
lol my offspring collection was under 100 bucks....im proud to be an american.

punkconspiracy
02-09-2005, 08:40 PM
$30 is the price of average CDs in Australia, in fact these days whenever I go to the commercially successful record stores they all seem to range in prices between $34.95 and $39.95. I got my re-issue of self-titled for $29.95 i believe.

Drew Travis
02-09-2005, 08:45 PM
all my offspring cds were at least 15 bucks

SkunkIt
02-09-2005, 09:23 PM
$30 is the price of average CDs in Australia, in fact these days whenever I go to the commercially successful record stores they all seem to range in prices between $34.95 and $39.95. I got my re-issue of self-titled for $29.95 i believe.

Welcome to the board! :D

SkunkIt
02-09-2005, 09:24 PM
all my offspring cds were at least 15 bucks

Welcome the the BBS! :D

Mannen som blev en gris
02-10-2005, 11:02 AM
I think you should buy it anyway (however I don't know how much 30 canadian dollar is...), I mean, it can't be that much? In Sweden, old Offspring cd's aren't that expensive, about 150 kr (something like 20 american dollars), and I think every Offspring fan could afford that. Right? Anyway, can't you find an online store? Like cdon.com in Sweden (and Europe I think), the prices there are often lower than it is in usual record stores and they always got old albums.

Iddy
02-10-2005, 11:05 AM
i don't buy cd's much anymore because i find them too expensive... i actually didn't buy splinter untill 2 months ago when i saw it for under 10.

buying online may prove to be cheaper and sometimes if you search the right places you can find a good deal..