PDA

View Full Version : Offspring posted they will redo an Ignition-song!!

Tompo2000
01-16-2012, 12:32 PM
"We're redoing one of our really old songs for this record..guess which one. -Dexter. http://yfrog.com/g0i9stj"

Lord Phidias
01-16-2012, 12:36 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ZOMG!!!

This will be total awesomeness!!

...or a complete failure...

Nah, I trust this will be Epic.

cool 2 hate 681
01-16-2012, 12:40 PM
i think they will be re recording dirty magic :D

https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/158993913137475584

Krojd
01-16-2012, 12:42 PM
i think they will be re recording dirty magic :D

https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/158993913137475584

Nooo! .

DMelges
01-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Hell yes!!! :cool:

holland25
01-16-2012, 12:43 PM
I knew I should've opened a new thread instead of posting this into the Official waiting... thread.

cool 2 hate 681
01-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Nooo! .

i think they can pull it off plus now we may be able to finally see this live on the 2012 tour:D

Krojd
01-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I think Dirty Magic shouldn't be re-recorded, I like it just the way it is on Ignition. The sound, feeling, everything... and with all the new stuff and technics it'd simply lost it all, maybe I'm wrong. I would love to hear it live though.

Zee
01-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Ooh Dirty Magic... :D

slagod
01-16-2012, 12:59 PM
That's strange, because Dexter said some time ago, that they will not redo any old song... Actually, I would prefer to listen to the new songs.

cool 2 hate 681
01-16-2012, 01:16 PM
That's strange, because Dexter said some time ago, that they will not redo any old song... Actually, I would prefer to listen to the new songs.

maybe it's going to be a bonus track like oc life?

randman21
01-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Nooo! .
My mind is tellin' me nooooo...

Hell yes!!! :cool:
But my bodyyy, my body's tellin' me yeeees.

I don't see nothin' wrong with rerecording Dirty Magic. I'm a big fan of rerecordings in general, and I can't wait to finally hear it. We've been waiting for this for like six years...but the part of me that says no doesn't want it on the album.

plus now we may be able to finally see this live on the 2012 tour:D
Best point of the fuckin' thread. :cool: Hadn't even thought of that.

That's strange, because Dexter said some time ago, that they will not redo any old song...
Right! "That would be cheating, wouldn't it?" I believe is what he said. The answer is still yes. I wonder what changed.

jacknife737
01-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Ok, this pretty freaking rad.

Granted when a lot of bands go back and revist old songs it often leads to mixed results, but i'm more than willing to accept the risk, especially if it leads to them playing Ignition songs live more often!

So, it's pretty safe to say it's going to be Dirty Magic, which is awesome. Hoping it turns out like the live versions of it (a bit faster than the old studio version).

BagOfShenanigans
01-16-2012, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't doubt it being Dirty Magic, they recently did an acoustic of it.

Zee
01-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I certainly hope they'd play it live then... drop off Kristy and bring Magic.

It's a funny idea to think that what if it would be Nothing From Something hahaa.

Greekoldfan
01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
i'm pretty sure that's dirty magic.they had already re-recorded with atom on drums and since atom its not a member anymore i guess they have done it again with pete :)

personal_loans_1
01-16-2012, 01:46 PM
I wish they redo something much much older. Something that there isn't any official record of.
Like, Halloween.
Or sth else.

But any other Offspring activity is welcome as well. So 'yay!'.

Yeah, I certainly hope they'd play it live then... drop off Kristy and bring Magic.

It's a funny idea to think that what if it would be Nothing From Something hahaa.

Wait, damn right, it might bring back some Ignition song on tour. YAY!

cool 2 hate 681
01-16-2012, 01:53 PM
i'm pretty sure that's dirty magic.they had already re-recorded with atom on drums and since atom its not a member anymore i guess they have done it again with pete :)

it's probably the same version they just re recorded the drums with pete or josh

cool 2 hate 681
01-16-2012, 01:55 PM
wouldn't it be crazy if they released it as the first single and it got played on the radio and had a music video? and suddenly everyone knew the song

KTILLA23
01-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Hell yes!! I would of never thought that they would redo a Ignition song! I think it should be Get it right, or Kick him when he's down. But like most have said, it will probably be Dirty Magic, because of how many times they have played it on acoustic. But either way, can't wait to hear it.

Dexter_italy
01-16-2012, 02:03 PM
It would be cool if they surprised us rerecording another song XD

Krojd
01-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Drop off Kristy and bring Magic.

Second that!

Greekoldfan
01-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I wish they redo something much much older. Something that there isn't any official record of.
Like, Halloween.
Or sth else.

But any other Offspring activity is welcome as well. So 'yay!'.

Wait, damn right, it might bring back some Ignition song on tour. YAY!

I would like to listen to Halloween.but it is an ignition song,so i'm pretty sure its dirty magic

momo91
01-16-2012, 03:52 PM
It looks like we're going to have a fucking awesome new album!
Dirty magic is good, but I just like this experiment of mixing old and new style!

(this twitter daily connection with the guys is lovely too)

Jojan
01-16-2012, 04:05 PM
I hope that they get it right. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Jojan
01-16-2012, 04:06 PM
I hope that they it will be a great recording session ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Jojan
01-16-2012, 04:07 PM
I hope that is one that we can listen to forever and a day. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Jojan
01-16-2012, 04:08 PM
I hope that they will regret it and burn it up. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Jojan
01-16-2012, 04:09 PM
If it is not the song that I wish for, I will still take it like a man. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

BagOfShenanigans
01-16-2012, 04:29 PM
I hope we're done with the title puns ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-16-2012, 05:28 PM
come on, don't kick him when he's down ;-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-)

bouncingcoles
01-16-2012, 06:30 PM
I remember dexter saying like 6 years ago that they had already recorded a new version of dirty magic with Atom. Can anyone else recall that? anyway, i think a new version of dirty magic would sound sick. I have a recording from it live in 1995 or so and its faster and heavier so i hope this new one sounds like that.

ThunderPX
01-16-2012, 06:52 PM
The 2004 version would probably be better than a 2012 version if the new album is produced like RAFRAG :\

bighead384
01-16-2012, 07:19 PM
HOLY SHIT!

I have no clue which one it will be.

I mean, I hate to say it, but if it's Dirty Magic, that's a tiny bit lame of Dexter. Since he already said they did work on a rerecording for that song. But that would still be cool, too.

Kick Him When He's Down was released as a single and was played on the radio a bit, so I guess they must have seen potential in that song...

I dunno though.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
01-16-2012, 07:21 PM
I would be pleased with them re-recording any song from Ignition. Even though it was an outtake, Mission From God would be pretty sick to hear in a better quality recording.
I'd rather it not be Get It Right. I feel like I already have a nice enough selection with that song between Ignition and the Baghdad EP. They have slightly different sounds and I love them both.
My favorite two off of Ignition are Kick Him When He's Down (hence my name), and Forever And A Day.

But like you all have suggested, it's probably going to be Dirty Magic.

cool 2 hate 681
01-16-2012, 07:23 PM
The 2004 version would probably be better than a 2012 version if the new album is produced like RAFRAG :\

it was recorded in 2005 when jerry finn was their producer

jacknife737
01-16-2012, 07:36 PM
In the likelihood that it is Dirty Magic being included, I'm pretty sure they'll use version recorded during this present session rather than the older one they did in 2004 with Atom.

Thomas
01-16-2012, 07:44 PM
I was jumping around work like an idiot when this tweet was sent to my phone at work today. I hope that Dirty Magic is released as a single so we could get a video and have a wider audience able to hear this amazing song of theirs.

hshduppsnt
01-16-2012, 07:59 PM
I was jumping around work like an idiot when this tweet was sent to my phone at work today. I hope that Dirty Magic is released as a single so we could get a video and have a wider audience able to hear this amazing song of theirs.

I'm excited to see what song, hopefully as a bonus track so we don't lose out on any new songs in the mean time :)

Lupin
01-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Obviously, Pass Me By. :d But seriously, Dirty Magic, because they we talking about fast electric version. And because, any other song from that era would probably blow, especially if they did it in Beheaded '99 way. Those songs would lost its magic (how ironic) unless they would magically (how ironic again) reinvent themselves. I expect it as a bonus track, but we will see.

I was just whistling Dirty Magic and 80's synthesizers came to mind and then the song Sweet Dreams. :D Maybe they should use them to make it more fresh.

They should redo Halloween with Butch Vig. Such a cool song and Butch would make even more cool. Maybe it's too late and such a thing would work in 2003.

And I'm thinking about christmas song. They should make something very sweet. Something like Kristy + Why don't you get a job + George Michael + Beatles + plus some cheesy and cute little bells. I'm not sure if they could make something crazy in The Vandals way.

Please, tell me I'm not crazy. :D

???

How would re-doing any other song from that era blow??
Personally i'd like to hear anything re-done, lets you hear how the bands sound has evolved over time. In this case 20 years.

The christmas song idea intrigues and terrifies me.

Homer
01-17-2012, 03:11 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if they re-recorded Mission From God?

I would actually shit my pants if they did.

Da Hui
01-17-2012, 05:41 AM
at what point did they say it would be of ignition? I'd like to hear a modern come out & play

samseby
01-17-2012, 06:08 AM
I'd guess 'We are one' just because almost everyone else assumes it's gonna be 'Dirty Magic' & I like surprises ;)

Greekoldfan
01-17-2012, 06:09 AM
at what point did they say it would be of ignition? I'd like to hear a modern come out & play

they attached the ignition cover pic

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
01-17-2012, 06:35 AM
I love how everyone else is saying it's Dirty Magic. What if it's not? While I agree that there is a high probability that it is Dirty Magic, there is also a chance that it could be any other song from ignition.

My hopes lay on Forever and a Day :D

Tijs
01-17-2012, 07:07 AM
To me the most likely choice is Dirty Magic. As for my hopes.. really not sure. Any song re-recorded would be a welcoming present :)

Okay maybe I'm hoping for LAPD, Kick Him When He's Down, or Take it Like a Man. Or any of the other songs on the album.

BagOfShenanigans
01-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Well, I have this strong feeling that they're looking to surprise even the hardcore fans. I wouldn't doubt if they chose something that no one was expecting.

Lupin
01-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Maybe they'll re-do Basket Case!!

SMASHedTHEignition
01-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Lapd bitches!

SMASHedTHEignition
01-17-2012, 09:06 AM

Or mission from god!

Dragnet
01-17-2012, 09:16 AM
If I wanna hear old songs, I listen to old records. I don't get why people here are getting excited.

Llamas
01-17-2012, 09:24 AM
If it's Dirty Magic, I'mma be hella pisst. I kinda hope they stay away from Nothing from Something and Forever and a Day. Those are incredible songs that I'm afraid would be ruined by their newer/poppier sound. I have no issue with their new sound, but just not on those songs. Burn it Up or Session would be fun, though.

the_real_potomek
01-17-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm hoping for LAPD! Then my dream to hear this song live might finally come true:D

Ristifer
01-17-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty excited about this! Every song on Ignition is gold, so I don't really care what song it is.

Krojd
01-17-2012, 12:49 PM
I wonder what's the reason to re-record some old Ignition song. They like it and they want to make it more popular? They want to play it live? Why they dont just... play it live?!

jacknife737
01-17-2012, 01:06 PM
I wonder what's the reason to re-record some old Ignition song. They like it and they want to make it more popular? They want to play it live? Why they just... play it live?!

It would be a good way to reintroduce the song to their newer audience/fans. The usual explanation the band gives as to why they don't play stuff from their first two albums is that they're "crowd killers" in the sense that not many people seem to have heard them before (in comparison tot heir newer material).

If Dirty Magic is in fact the song they've selected i'm hoping it's going to be a faster more "punkish" version, sort of like how it sounds when they play it live rather than an acoustic version of it.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
01-17-2012, 03:13 PM
If it's Dirty Magic, I'mma be hella pisst. I kinda hope they stay away from Nothing from Something and Forever and a Day. Those are incredible songs that I'm afraid would be ruined by their newer/poppier sound. I have no issue with their new sound, but just not on those songs. Burn it Up or Session would be fun, though.

I actually somewhat agree with llamas here. If they are going to re-record them with a more poppier sound than I don't want to hear anything re-recorded. But if they don't then I'm down for Burn it Up, Session, We are One, or Forever and a Day. Again, only if its modern and with better quality of mixing and mastering and not anything like nothing town. Who knows? Maybe they played with it a little bit and added some really cool parts. Just look at gone away. I sincerely didn't like the original. But after I heard the piano version I was just blown away. I didn't think they could redo a classic in such an original way that didn't sound so poppish

This

If Dirty Magic is in fact the song they've selected i'm hoping it's going to be a faster more "punkish" version

cool 2 hate 681
01-18-2012, 01:34 PM
i like how this is not on punknews or ultimate guitar but that far queezle bullshit was

i guess that's the downside of not having alex101 around anymore

jacknife737
01-18-2012, 02:30 PM
i like how this is not on punknews or ultimate guitar but that far queezle bullshit was

Haha. Yeah, the Offspring's social media marketing may have taken a hit with his absence.

I'm sure punknews will post it when they have a little bit more details, like what specific song it is.

spidey255
01-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Not gonna be LAPD. No way the record label would let them get away with saying, "Beat all the niggers," regardless of the context.

Little_Miss_1565
01-18-2012, 04:14 PM

Wait, Ultimate Guitar posts things that are true? Not just things that someone made up for attention? Whoa...

cool 2 hate 681
01-18-2012, 04:24 PM
yes but by the time they do it's usually common knowledge

Shullski
01-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Please please please please god be Session

bighead384
01-18-2012, 06:46 PM
You know what?

It's going to be Dirty Magic.

Ignition is an album of 90s punk songs that were recorded like 90s punk songs. None of those songs can be helped by current technology. In fact, it will likely make the lose their charm.

randman21
01-18-2012, 08:57 PM

http://dyingscene.com/news/the-offspring-re-recording-a-song-from-ignition/

HAHAHA.

EDIT:

But for real. If they redid Mission From God, I'd shit everyone's pants. I shouldn't get my hopes up too high for that.

Omni
01-18-2012, 09:23 PM
From a commercial standpoint, Dirty Magic is the likely and logical choice. It could still be a hit single, even today. They made a mistake releasing Kick Him When He's Down from Ignition as a single on the heels of Smash, it should have been Dirty Magic the whole time (or both? Why not both?).

I'd be fine with them re-recording pretty much anything from that album, the whole thing is solid. But unless they're doing it for radio gain, I don't see the point. And Dirty Magic is the best choice for radio.

Kitten
01-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Shouldn't they be working on writing, I don't know... New material?

Tijs
01-19-2012, 05:57 AM
Shouldn't they be working on writing, I don't know... New material?They're finishing up the record so I'm guessing they're pretty much done with the writing part, and moved on to the actually recording and writing lyrics. Since Ignition songs already are written, and all that's left is re-recording it (aside from some changes maybe), it makes sense to me that they're doing it now?

Markpollock
01-19-2012, 06:11 AM
I'd be fine with them re-recording pretty much anything from that album

flight training course (http://scandlearn.com/)
online flight training (http://scandlearn.com/)
winter operations (http://scandlearn.com/courses/winter-operations)

DMelges
01-19-2012, 07:27 AM
I hope we can get a good full 15-16 songs, and not 12-13.

Greekoldfan
01-19-2012, 09:24 AM
me too.hate that only 12 songs list

Dexter_italy
01-19-2012, 10:54 AM
15 or 16? really? I think it's too many, 13 it's enough.. I can't stand listening to a 18 song disc of br for example... The offspring never did more than 14 so don't count on it.

cool 2 hate 681
01-19-2012, 12:12 PM
and back when they wrote 14 songs for ixnay they were a really active band

Tomo
01-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Typical Offspring album has twelve songs, with intro it would be thirteen. So I guess the next album will have twelve songs as usual.
And yeah, Smash had the most content (thirteen songs + intro + outro), and Splinter had the least (nine songs + intro + outro + abomination in form of Worst Hangover Ever that can't even qualify as a song).

RonWelty
01-19-2012, 01:57 PM
so Epitaph will let them re-record for a SONY/COLUMBIA album one song from one of the 2 albums they released when in that label? It seems Dexter and Brett are friends again...

Tijs
01-19-2012, 02:04 PM
It seems Dexter and Brett are friends again...Or perhaps they just grew up and aren't childish about it anymore?

cool 2 hate 681
01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
so Epitaph will let them re-record for a SONY/COLUMBIA album one song from one of the 2 albums they released when in that label? It seems Dexter and Brett are friends again...

epitaph owns the rights to the original recording offspring can re record those songs without any problems

if he would have had a problem with anything it would have been putting come out and play self esteem and gotta get away on greatest hits

plus the offspring have a good relationship with epitaph nowadays when they remastered ignition and smash they asked offspring if they were ok with it

RonWelty
01-19-2012, 02:47 PM
epitaph owns the rights to the original recording offspring can re record those songs without any problems

I didn't know that. Thanks!

cool 2 hate 681
01-19-2012, 04:08 PM
no problem

Tomo
01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Limp Bizkit released 19 songs with the last album

Dude... but Limp Bizkit are entirely different kind of animal when it comes to writing new material. I have around 70 of their B-sides, regional bonus tracks, demos and other unreleased song. By the Offspring I have (and know of) only 26, and that's including live cover songs.
Look at it this way - Dexter said that they usualy have only one, maybe two unused songs from each album. Wes said that during his original time in Limp Bizkit ('94 - '01) they had six or seven leftovers per album.

Anyway, my theory about the Ignition song is that if it's a re-recorded unreleased demo from Ignition sessions, it might just make it to be an actual song on the new album. However, if it's a re-recorded song already released on Ignition (my guess is Dirty Magic), it'll become a regional bonus track or a B-side.

TheOldMark
01-19-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm pretty sure its going to be Dirty Magic. I mean, we've been beating the drum for that for over a decade.

Americana98
01-19-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm thinking Forever and a Day seems a bit more along the lines of the type of music Offspring make now. I'm betting on that. That or Get it Right.

I kinda hope it's not Dirty Magic because that's been played to death already. That would be such a predictable choice.

cool 2 hate 681
01-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Just finished up our 'really old song'..on to mix #4

looks like it's done already:)

https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/160185444682838017

KTILLA23
01-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Nice! I like how they put really old song, and not tell us what it is. LOL

holland25
01-20-2012, 12:59 AM
By the Offspring I have (and know of) only 26

What? There's more.

keonii7
01-20-2012, 03:53 AM
Hell yeah, I support old 'spring. Oldspring.

Kick Him When He's Down, Session, Dirty Magic, Hypodermic, it's all good stuff

Krojd
01-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Forever and a Day seems a bit more along the lines of the type of music Offspring make now

Oh yea, it's a typical rafrag material.

Llamas
01-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Maybe, it's time again for 13 songs plus some intro or outro and then maybe some b-sides, however it's questionable if they can come up with a lot of quality. RFRG lacked some quality, however Hammerhead is one of their best songs. Limp Bizkit released 19 songs with the last album and it's more satisfying that way, however additional b-sides could cause another delay...they must have some demos, but I don't know in what stage they are. I'm curious about Pass Me By. If they can't finish it for the album, maybe it's good enough as a b-side along with Dirty Magic. It would be a huge surprise if they both made the album. :d

That's because Limp Bizkit writes songs that take about 15 minutes to write, so they can spit them out in no time. The Offspring spends a lot of time on writing quality songs with introspective lyrics (and not crap about douchebags and autotune). They also write harmonies, which take time. Basically, LB writes a bunch of mediocre songs and then picks the best ones to put on their albums... while the Offspring writes each song to go on the album, as best as they can.

Sefalobe_theoffspring
01-20-2012, 07:44 AM
I think "Dirty Magic" (Re-Versioned with electrics guitars). Maybe 15-18 songs. I means triplex album (2 CD + DVD). It will be good.

cool 2 hate 681
01-20-2012, 11:32 AM
what about them?

weezly
01-20-2012, 08:08 PM
it makes no sense to say "i dont wanna hear it" before you even listened to it, i cant wait to hear it!!!!
at the end of the day, if modern tech ruins it for you, if it sounds sarcastic or dangerous or if it offends you JUST DONT LISTEN TO IT
ps. wheres chrisdude? he should be all over this

RODNEYMULLEN
01-21-2012, 02:03 PM
ill bet anything it wont make the album. it was also supposed to be on rise and fall. offspring says alot of shit that never happens. they also said they wouldn't make there fans wait along time for the new album. its been 4 years now.

jacknife737
01-21-2012, 03:00 PM
ill bet anything it wont make the album. it was also supposed to be on rise and fall. offspring says alot of shit that never happens. they also said they wouldn't make there fans wait along time for the new album. its been 4 years now.

The band themselves never states that it would be on the last album.

Dirty Magic
01-21-2012, 05:13 PM
My username aside... They actually did re-record Dirty Magic. I think it was in 2007, but I could be wrong. Sorry if this was posted already.

Tijs
01-21-2012, 05:25 PM
My username aside... They actually did re-record Dirty Magic. I think it was in 2007, but I could be wrong. Sorry if this was posted already.Yeah, but apparently we weren't nice enough to release it. Or was that with Ring Of Fire?

edit:

Huntington Beach, CA (Dexter)
02/15/06

The version of Dirty Magic we recorded last year is an electric version with drums...I‘m not sure if it will come out someday or what. Maybe if you guys are really really nice…

cool 2 hate 681
01-21-2012, 05:47 PM
The band themselves never states that it would be on the last album.

that's right they said it was going to be a bonus track on greatest hits

randman21
01-21-2012, 06:38 PM
^Are you sure man? My Offspring obsession started right before Greatest Hits, and I could swear Dirty Magic 2.0 wasn't recorded until the end of 2005/beginning of 2006.

cool 2 hate 681
01-21-2012, 07:38 PM
i might be misremembering but im pretty sure fans were expecting it to be a bonus track and not part of the duel disc version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azeQfmnekG4

Outerspaceman21
01-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I hope it's either Dirty Magic or Nothing From Something. Those are my two favorite tracks from the album.

bighead384
01-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Huntington Beach, CA (Dexter)
02/15/06

The version of Dirty Magic we recorded last year is an electric version with drums...I‘m not sure if it will come out someday or what. Maybe if you guys are really really nice…

At first I couldn't figure out what he meant to clarify or describe when he said "electric version with drums". But I guess he's saying that because they recorded that acoustic version for the Music Video Collection thing.

It already seems like a stretch that they would decide to redo even ONE song from Ignition. What are the chances that they would redo two, which would have to be the case if the song in question isn't Dirty Magic?

samseby
01-22-2012, 02:03 AM
I really, really wanna know NOW please :D

fashion master
01-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Youre thinking of R. Kelly's Igintion (remix). its the remix to ignition, hot n fresh out tha kitchen, mama rollin that body got evry man in here wishin, sippin on coke n rum, im like so what im drunk, its the freakin weekend baby gna have me sum funnnn.. bounce...bounce.... hahah no lyrics site needed

Llamas
01-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Youre thinking of R. Kelly's Igintion (remix). its the remix to ignition, hot n fresh out tha kitchen, mama rollin that body got evry man in here wishin, sippin on coke n rum, im like so what im drunk, its the freakin weekend baby gna have me sum funnnn.. bounce...bounce.... hahah no lyrics site needed

Sometimes I really love bots.

Tijs
01-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Sometimes I really love bots.

I feel guilty for banning him :( but I'll let his post.undeleted.

Defender
01-25-2012, 03:12 AM

It's true that 4 years is a long time! I agree with you. Let's hope the new one will be special!

PunksKillEmos
01-26-2012, 01:31 PM
I really just hope it's a new out take. I can't complain about any track they choose though because hopefully we'll hear it live more often this way.

D0NT
01-29-2012, 09:43 AM
not to be a downer but Im thinking it will be Dirty Magic. they'd probably just add the drums by pete to the version they record with Atom. and they wont be playing this Ignition song on the tour. I hope Im wrong thou:D

KrispyNotKrunchy
01-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Am I the only one that remembers Dexter talking about this way before RAFRAG? He said they were working on a version of Dirty Magic with more electric and less acoustic. He even mentioned that it was done and sounded amazing. Then it was kinda forgotten. I'm sure this is the same thing.

randman21
01-29-2012, 01:24 PM
I totally remember that. And I think it was mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread. In fact, I believe that's the only reason we think it's Dirty Magic. Otherwise, that'd be the last song I'd expect them to redo. :D

KTILLA23
01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Am I the only one that remembers Dexter talking about this way before RAFRAG? He said they were working on a version of Dirty Magic with more electric and less acoustic. He even mentioned that it was done and sounded amazing. Then it was kinda forgotten. I'm sure this is the same thing.

I don't remember that but if you say so, than i would say it has to be Dirty Magic.

KrispyNotKrunchy
01-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I wish I knew where to look for that interview. What he actually said, if I'm not mistaken, is that it was done and sounded awesome. And then he and Noodles started talking about the posibilities of a b-sides/rarities album and that that would be fun...

joshgenis
01-31-2012, 11:07 PM
i know it wont be, but i would pop a boner if its "forever and a day"

bouncingcoles
01-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I wish I knew where to look for that interview. What he actually said, if I'm not mistaken, is that it was done and sounded awesome. And then he and Noodles started talking about the posibilities of a b-sides/rarities album and that that would be fun...

i remember dexter saying that too.

BagOfShenanigans
02-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Based on what I know (and I don't know too much), It will probably be dirty magic. But Kick him when he's down, Mission from god, Bur it Up, and Take it like a man are all really good songs, and It'd be awesome to hear them done today, and in decent audio quality.