PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring At The Drive-In Refused Tour???

cool 2 hate 681
01-17-2012, 10:08 AM
im pretty sure this is fake and probably has something to do with chrisdude 101 but if it's true that would be a really cool tour:)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/the_offspring_at_the_drive-in_refused_plan_to_tour_together.html

Tijs
01-17-2012, 10:24 AM
During spring The Offspring are in Japan (March 31st/June 1st) and Germany (June 1st-3rd). So that can be conflicting.

Actually, I was kind of assuming it'd be US tour, after reading

The tour will likely take place in Europe, as The Offspring and Refused both have a string of festival dates there this coming summer.Cool! Though I doubt it.

The poster seems of really bad quality, which makes it harder to believe.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/408163_138065709643660_100003206948359_172195_4371 51481_n.jpg

But never say never, right? I don't know either band well enough to be able to judge whether or not it makes a good match. But I think 311 and Offspring weren't a good match either, actually..

cool 2 hate 681
01-17-2012, 10:27 AM
yeah i think those bands are too big to open for offspring then again i thought the offspring was too big to open for 311

Tijs
01-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Well, in the past 2 years The Offspring had Sum 41 and Dropkick Murphys open for them. They're really big as well.

jacknife737
01-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Although it would definitely be a cool tour, i doubt it'll happen since both of those other bands have recently reunited, they'll probably want to do their own headlining tour rather than opening for another band.

Zee
01-17-2012, 01:01 PM
I have a hard time believing this. I guess it's another fake story as 2010 Reading & Leeds fantasy line-up. :D

Anyway, good news are that The Offspring is on strong rumours to play a festival in Finland. Most people agree it's the only option left to be the headliner, as it's been quiet too long on the festivals site and The Offspring's site as well. Almost all other big bands have announced their gigs and most are in different places than near here. But not Offspring. And not this festival. Promises good as more it gets silence. Both parts are waiting for the announcement (hopefully). :D The last three headliners have been System Of A Down, Foo Fighters and Linkin Park, so they don't play cheap. Yet nothing big. Waiting for The Offspring! And trust me, Offspring can fill a headliner status in Finland. This festival just today said that they're waiting for the bands permission.

Llamas
01-17-2012, 01:36 PM
yeah i think those bands are too big to open for offspring

Really? Even a simple Google search gives you tons more hits and info regarding the Offspring than either of those bands, and neither of them have ever been on a major label. They always played smaller venues and were considered more "underground" (even though At the Drive-In is really not so much). I'd easily argue that the Offspring is much bigger than either of those bands. Mars Volta is a different story, however.

then again i thought the offspring was too big to open for 311
This I agree with. 311 was somewhat big in the 90s, but never had as much influence or staying power as the Offspring.

I'd be indifferent to these openers. I tend to like headliners to be a totally different genre/style than their headliners, like the whole 311 thing seemed like a cool pairing to me. But I don't know many of these bands' songs.

Tijs
01-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Offspring opened for 311?

jacknife737
01-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Offspring opened for 311?

311?

Never heard of them.

cool 2 hate 681
01-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Really? Even a simple Google search gives you tons more hits and info regarding the Offspring than either of those bands, and neither of them have ever been on a major label. They always played smaller venues and were considered more "underground" (even though At the Drive-In is really not so much). I'd easily argue that the Offspring is much bigger than either of those bands. Mars Volta is a different story, however.

for some reason i always thought at the drive in was bigger then the mars volta but your right mars volta is bigger

anyway these two bands are reuniting to play the coachella festival and coachella paid a lot of money to get refused to reunite way more then the offspring's booking agency has

Little_Miss_1565
01-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Oh hey sorry guys I headdesked myself so hard after reading where the article came from and seeing the "tour poster," I guess I was unconscious for awhile. Where was I. Oh yeah.

I promise you guys that the Offspring do not need to rely on a 13 year old with a copy of MS Paint to design their tour posters. And considering that the Offspring, Refused, and ATDI don't have the same fan bases, and that Refused and ATDI could both go on huge headlining make-lots-of-money tours on their own based on the hype surrounding their Coachella reunions, they probz wouldn't go out on the road with another band headlining.

bouncingcoles
01-17-2012, 05:55 PM
In no way is that information true.

Zee
01-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Anyways, it's just a matter of days until they should announce more European dates! Many festivals are probably waiting to get to announce their name... am getting a bit excited right now.

Outerspaceman21
01-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Poster looks like something made on paint (photoshop at best because I don't that type of text is available on Paint, I may be wrong). Don't believe it for a bit.

However, I think that would be cool if they did tour. That would make for a cool show. I had my heart set on Strung Out touring with the Offspring after some chatter on Facebook a while back, but w/e.