PDA

View Full Version : I still hate people

bighead384
01-18-2012, 07:31 AM
I still "hate people", per se. I'm in my mid 20's now. I still harbor these negative feelings towards people in general. In any possible social situation, I pretty much expect the worst out of people. The impression I get is that this is supposed to be a phase that you grow out of once you're out of high school. It hasn't happened for me. In fact, the injustices I see and understand in the adult world make me more pissed off than I ever was before.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or have an opinion on the matter?

Al Coholic
01-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Improved perspective is one of the underrated qualitites of a sex life.

bighead384
01-18-2012, 08:23 AM

I know you're fat.

killer_queen
01-18-2012, 10:29 AM
I used to be like you. In fact worse. I thought people, i mean all of the people out there were all annoying worthless scum. I hated them for not walking on the right side of the road, for not walking fast enough or for standing up and chatting right on the first step of the stairs. And I was very vocal about it too, I had no problem about telling them that they're all idiots because they are making life very hard for me. Just spending 20 minutes on the streets was enough to make my day hell. And these are just small things. You wouldn't even want to know my reaction to people who do really bad things. It seemed like everyone except me were disgusting beings. No one cared about how racism was getting stronger in the country, or how tens of people have died for nothing or that our freedoms were taking away from us one by one.
So yes, I hated everyone until a couple of wise people told me that the world has always been the same and the reason I expect worse out of everyone was the fact that I wasn't in peace with myself, which is very common in adolescents. When you are truly happy and content with your life you don't really see lots of things to hate in people because you just simply don't look for it. I know it sounds cliche but it has worked for me and I see it works on other people too. Your situation is not just a phase and you cannot expect it to go away just because you got older. You have to work for it.

BagOfShenanigans
01-18-2012, 10:35 AM
That awkward moment when someone may have posted something really important and inspiring, but I'm too lazy to read it.

Jojan
01-18-2012, 11:02 AM
I do the opposite. I assume that everyone is good and reasonable, until proven otherwise.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
That awkward moment when someone may have posted something really important and inspiring, but I'm too lazy to read it.

I read the first sentence of the long, long paragraph. Then I skipped to the next comment, which was yours. Then I replied. Now..... I'm finishing my sentence, because I hate it when people don't finish their sen

ad8
01-19-2012, 04:41 AM
I used to be like you. In fact worse. I thought people, i mean all of the people out there were all annoying worthless scum. I hated them for not walking on the right side of the road, for not walking fast enough or for standing up and chatting right on the first step of the stairs. And I was very vocal about it too, I had no problem about telling them that they're all idiots because they are making life very hard for me. Just spending 20 minutes on the streets was enough to make my day hell. And these are just small things. You wouldn't even want to know my reaction to people who do really bad things. It seemed like everyone except me were disgusting beings. No one cared about how racism was getting stronger in the country, or how tens of people have died for nothing or that our freedoms were taking away from us one by one.
So yes, I hated everyone until a couple of wise people told me that the world has always been the same and the reason I expect worse out of everyone was the fact that I wasn't in peace with myself, which is very common in adolescents. When you are truly happy and content with your life you don't really see lots of things to hate in people because you just simply don't look for it. I know it sounds cliche but it has worked for me and I see it works on other people too. Your situation is not just a phase and you cannot expect it to go away just because you got older. You have to work for it.
I would say that the more one learns about the world, the more likely it is that one sees the lack of coherence in "people". Many people are fucked up in many ways, and the more one learns about the different underlying causes of their problems (in most cases not even under their control), the more one learns that there is little point in hating "people" as a generalized entity.

Jakebert
01-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Yeah I used to be the same way but as I got older and developed some really close relationships with people that are not necessarily the types of people I would have given a chance before, I realized that I was being as much of an asshole as I was expecting everyone else to be.

Lord Phidias
01-19-2012, 09:43 PM
In reality, you hate people because people = shit. No, seriously, I don't consider myself superior in any way, but I've encountered a lot of persons I don't wish to see again, because of many reasons, their morals, their vibe, their thoughts about x matter, their way of expressing themselves, their lack of intelligence, the way they smell, or just my lack of interest, and I don't consider myself better, or that I am always right, but there are some people who really lack basic human decency, I don't really know how to say it... not that I am all goodness and consider myself perfect, but c'mon... you know what I'm talking about... yes, you.

UgLy_eLf
01-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Cant really "grow out" of something that's completely true. People are idiots and always will be, whether or not you have the patience for it is really what you need to work on.

Paint_It_Black
01-30-2012, 03:37 AM
Thirty years old and still hating over here. I meet people every single day who make me loathe humanity. Most days, though, I also meet one or two people who surprise me by performing some small act of decency towards another human being. Love those people. My hatred of all the obnoxious people I come into contact with at least allows me to feel genuine affection for anyone I meet who can behave like a reasonable human being.

I generally expect the worst from anyone I don't know. Seems like a sensible default position to take.

Isolated Fury
01-30-2012, 06:18 AM
Ok, It actually took me a while to think about how to respond to this. It's not so much that I hate other people. And I don't think that I expect the worst from everyone.

I think the problem is that I'm a horribly judgmental person. I take one first impression and extrapolate the wildest conclusions about a person. Oh, you're wearing all white Air Force 1s? You must bottom-of-the-barrel, fashionable trash who beats his girlfriend and get belligerent at social gatherings because you grew up without a dad.

So I might hate people. Then again, I might just hate the first thing I notice about them.

Free?
01-30-2012, 10:01 AM
I think the problem is that I'm a horribly judgmental person. I take one first impression and extrapolate the wildest conclusions about a person. Oh, you're wearing all white Air Force 1s? You must bottom-of-the-barrel, fashionable trash who beats his girlfriend and get belligerent at social gatherings because you grew up without a dad.

...and thus, thee needs to be isolated.

Isolated Fury
01-30-2012, 11:52 AM
True...

Or the rest of the world needs "cleansed."

Retard
01-30-2012, 12:01 PM
My dad wears all white shoes.... is it specifically just Air Force ones or is it any all white shoe?

The human Race is a giant festering pile of shit. But there are good people thrown in here and there.

Isolated Fury
01-30-2012, 01:38 PM
My dad wears all white shoes.... is it specifically just Air Force ones or is it any all white shoe?

The human Race is a giant festering pile of shit. But there are good people thrown in here and there.
Everyone's dad wears white shoes. Usually extra wide New Balances, Nike Air Monarchs, or some shitty Reeboks. If none of those, then he's probably buying shoes from WalMart or from a store where he knows one of the employees/there's a teenage girl that he likes to see bend down in front of him.

Regardless, you've missed the point, Retard.

bighead384
01-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Many people claim that if you have fulfilling relationships, you won't feel this way. But I'd say with the amount of people who suck, you need a bit of luck to meet people who deserve friendship. Furthermore, just because YOU have what you want doesn't mean you should ignore how crappy humanity is as a whole.

Llamas
01-30-2012, 01:54 PM
I believe that the attitude you give off about people is what you attract. I've definitely noticed fluctuations throughout my life - in times when I was super pessimistic about life and about people, I attracted shitty people cause I had a shitty attitude. Nowadays, I feel pretty positively about people and generally see good in most people. I tend to attribute the fact that I've met so many great people since I moved recently to my attitude toward people.

JohnnyNemesis
01-30-2012, 06:26 PM
A more active social life + not taking too many things as seriously helps.

chiangalice
01-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah, do go out, have fun, don't have a care in the world.

Llamas
01-31-2012, 01:13 PM
A more active social life + not taking too many things as seriously helps.

For real. Makes all the difference in the world.

Al Coholic
02-01-2012, 09:53 AM

Yeah I said that already.

Hey Man Where's Everybody
02-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Lot of angst in this thread. Lot of manboobs too*.

*Nothing wrong with manboobs.

Defender
02-08-2012, 01:26 AM
I do the opposite. I assume that everyone is good and reasonable, until proven otherwise.

You are absolutely right! This is the antidote of feeling hate or something like that. That's the rule of positiveness and optimism.