3.Ignition
4.The Offspring
5.Rise and fall,rage and grace
6.Americana
7.Conspiracy of One
8.Splinter

holland25
01-22-2012, 07:54 AM
What the fuck, people? Most of you list the 2nd best Offspring album as last?

1. Ignition
2. The Offspring
3. Smash
4. Americana
5. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
6. Ixnay on the Hombre
7. Conspiracy of One
8. Splinter

Llamas
01-22-2012, 08:21 AM
These rankings are all sort of fucked up, man.

1. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
2. Ixnay on the Hombre
3. Ignition
4. The Offspring
5. Americana
6. Smash
7. Splinter
8. Conspiracy of One

KTILLA23
01-22-2012, 10:57 AM
What the fuck, people? Most of you list the 2nd best Offspring album as last?

I was just thinking about that. :confused:

Greekoldfan
01-22-2012, 11:46 AM
well most of the people out there agree that splinter was not so good.probably because it was tooooo short.I hope the new album not to be like that.I want 14 tracks,not fillers

holland25
01-22-2012, 11:54 AM
well most of the people out there agree that splinter was not so good.

*cough* I meant S/T *cough*

Llamas
01-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Splinter wasn't too short, but it only had a few good songs and a lot of lame ones. Didn't feel like they tried too hard on that album. But at least it had some stand-outs, unlike co1.

cool 2 hate 681
01-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Splinter wasn't too short, but it only had a few good songs and a lot of lame ones. Didn't feel like they tried too hard on that album. But at least it had some stand-outs, unlike co1.

well i like co1 better and they usually play one co1 song and one splinter song on each setlist

Greekoldfan
01-22-2012, 02:14 PM

it is 31 mins album (like s/t) but with 2 filler songs... that's why it is the last in my list.there are great songs there too.ps:why did they stop playing the noose in the gigs?It was great when I listened to it live in manchester in 2004

Krojd
01-22-2012, 02:27 PM
1. Ignition
2. Ixnay on the Hombre
3. Smash
4. The Offspring
5. Americana
6. Conspiracy of One
7. Splinter
8. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace

dexterone
01-22-2012, 03:04 PM
1. Splinter
2. Ixnay on the Hombre
3. Smash
4. Rise and Fall,Rage and Grace
5. Ignition
6. Americana
7. Conspiracy of One
8. The Offspring

I have to disagree with you...and with lamas saying that splinter has a lot of lame songs..IMO,The Noose,Long way home,Race against myself,Head around you,Never gonna find me,Lightning Rod and Spare me the details belong to their best songs and Neocon is a great intro song,I don't understand why so many people dislike it...I can't imagine a better opening song...and also Da Hui isn't bad at all,it is fast and that song has a lotta energy,so come on...I even like The worst hangover ever because of the lyrics of this song,everytime I'm hungover I just need to listen to it...

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
01-22-2012, 04:20 PM
I have to disagree with you...and with lamas saying that splinter has a lot of lame songs..IMO,The Noose,Long way home,Race against myself,Head around you,Never gonna find me,Lightning Rod and Spare me the details belong to their best songs and Neocon is a great intro song,I don't understand why so many people dislike it...I can't imagine a better opening song...and also Da Hui isn't bad at all,it is fast and that song has a lotta energy,so come on...I even like The worst hangover ever because of the lyrics of this song,everytime I'm hungover I just need to listen to it...

i guess you have some good points. I love Splinter and most of the songs, it's just my least favorite. I love all of their albums.

BagOfShenanigans
01-22-2012, 06:33 PM
I would make one of these.. but I'd probably kick myself about it all night.

Maybe I'll make one after the new album comes out.

Llamas
01-22-2012, 09:11 PM

Everyone has personal preference. There are no right and wrong answers in what songs are good and which are lame. I love Lightning Rod and The Noose. Never Gonna Find Me and Long Way Home are definitely good. So is Head Around You. Neocon is their best intro.

Hit That, Race Against Myself, and Da Hui were boring and generic for me. I can't stand Spare Me the Details or Worst Hangover Ever. They're painful for me to listen to. When You're in Prison doesn't count as a track for me...

So that's exactly half the album I enjoy. Two really stellar, stand-out songs for me, and three I really like.

However, Splinter isn't the worst for me, because there's CO1. There are two songs on that album I really like: Vultures and Living in Chaos, but neither are as great as Lightning Rod or Noose. I also like Come Out Swinging, Million Miles Away, and Conspiracy of One.

I can not STAND Original Prankster, Want You Bad, One Fine Day, or Special Delivery. And the Intro is dumb.

And the other two songs are kinda boring - Dammit I Changed Again and All Along really don't do anything for me.

That's 5/13, less than half. And none of the songs are stellar for me. And it has several of the worst songs of their career.

Tijs
01-23-2012, 04:55 AM
I guess ilovellamas is officially crazy now.

BagOfShenanigans
01-23-2012, 06:45 AM
I second Tij's notion.

samseby
01-23-2012, 08:44 AM
For me

- Ignition
- s/t (it took actually some time to warm up to that one)
- Smash (solid)
- Americana (like the artwork but still can't stand "Pretty Fly"... sorry) / - RAFRAG
- CO1 ("Want you bad" is the best song for me personally on this one) / - Ixnay
- Splinter

Forgot "Greatest Hits" ;) ...

Jojan
01-23-2012, 09:05 AM
The best I could do

:~$ cat << eof | shuf | cat -n
> The Offspring
> Ignition
> Smash
> Ixnay on The Hombre
> Americana
> Conspiracy of One
> Splinter
> Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
> eof
1 Ignition
2 Splinter
3 Americana
4 Ixnay on The Hombre
5 The Offspring
6 Smash
7 Conspiracy of One
8 Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
:~$

Llamas
01-23-2012, 02:11 PM
I guess ilovellamas is officially crazy now.

:( why? :(

jacknife737
01-23-2012, 02:44 PM
It's been a while since i've done this...

Ignition
Americana
Ixnay on the Hombre
Smash
RAFRAG
The Offspring
Conspiracy of One
Splinter

personal_loans_1
01-23-2012, 02:45 PM
I also can't stand Want You Bad, about the rest - :eek:wtftwtwtwf??????!?!?!?! :confused::eek::eek:

And here goes my list:

1.Offspring
2.Ignition
3.Americana
4.Conspiracy of One
5.Smash
6.Ixnay on the Hombre
7.Splinter
8.Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace

although, it's more like:

1.Everything except Want You Bad and Rise and Fall
2. Want You Bad
3. Rise and Fall

momo91
01-23-2012, 03:39 PM
1. RAFRAG
2. Smash
3. Ixnay
4. Americana
5. Splinter
6. Ignition
7. S/T
8. CO1

Even if probabily not the best I wanna reward them for the last album: half-truism and hammerhead are masterpieces, SIFU, trust in you and you're gonna go far kid are very good, a lot like me is a good experiment; I only hate rise and fall and fix you, but I liked the tentative to mix new and old style.

Beyond that Ixnay is my favourite as style but smash is too full of immortal songs (bad habit, self esteem, come out and play. gotta get away...). The contrary of Americana, that I don't love in general but has something like have you ever, staring at the sun or the kids aren't alright.
Then splinter not the worst (neocon, the noose) but too short, the first ones, and co1, the only one that i never really liked.

Raymo666
01-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Sad that i had to re-register after all these years.. but anyway.

1. Smash
2. Ixnay on the Hombre
3. Ignition
4. S/T
7. Splinter
8. Conspiracy of One

Outerspaceman21
01-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Sorry, this is long.

1. Smash
This album contains a large percentage of personal favorite tracks. There really isn't a bad song on here for me.

2. Ignition
What can I say? Every song is golden. It's hard to choose between Smash and this album, but Smash pulls ahead by just a tiny bit.

3. Splinter
This seems like a really odd choice given the community backlash against this album, but I like it. It's a lot darker and heavier then it's predecessor which I enjoyed. It's length doesn't really bother me and the only song I have beef with is The Worst Hangover Ever, which is a blatant throwaway track. Aside from that, I love every other song on this album (note: I don't count When You're In Prison as a song either)

4. Self Titled
It's a really good first album. It's got some good moments and there isn't much to complain about it. It does a good job capturing that early 80's punk sound that influenced the band.

This is a really bold and mature album filled with some diverse and satisfying songs. It's got some great pop punk moments, some good alternative songs and is overall an enjoyable album. I don't care for Fix You or Rise and Fall, which brought this album down for me.

6. Americana
This is the first album I ever heard by the Offspring and contains some of my favorite tracks by the band, like Staring at the Sun, She's Got Issues, The Kids Aren't Alright, No Brakes, but tracks like Pretty Fly and Why Don't You Get a Job kinda slow this album down for me. It's got a strong opener and closer and has it's moments throughout.

7. Conspiracy of One
This album kinda feels like Americana part 2, which is disappointing. Nothing really new and innovation for the band. It has some really awesome songs, don't get me wrong. I fucking love Want You Bad, Million Miles Away, Living In Chaos and Vultures, but it has a lot of lackluster songs like Special Delivery, Denial, Revisited and One Fine Day. It's meh.

8. Ixnay on The Hombre.
Now, I know a lot of people love this album, but I don't. It's just really lackluster. The first 9 songs of the album (intermission excluded) are great, no complaints, but I hate the last 4 songs of the album. Way Down the Line feels like a half-assed song, Don't Pick it Up is just really dumb in my opinion and the last two songs, Amazed and Change the World, don't really do it for me. Don't get me wrong, I think they are solid songs and I can understand why someone would like them, but they just don't do it for me.

Krojd
01-24-2012, 08:41 AM
:( why? :(

For having your own opinion

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1659/isntitobvious.png

Defender
02-02-2012, 03:12 AM
Come on guys! Where are the rest of the fans? Keep on posting! It's an interesting discussion!

holland25
02-02-2012, 05:07 AM
It's not. It has been discussed a thousand times before.

Hipnex
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM
1. Ignition
2. Smash
3. s/t
4. Ixnay
5. Rise and Fall
6. Americana
7. Splinter
8. Conspiracy of One

Defender
02-10-2012, 03:15 AM
I think "Smash" is their best album because of the sound of the guitars! The sound is awesome,clear and different from the other albums. "Americana" has great songs but the sound of the guitars is more... pop! "The Offspring" and "Ignition" are real punk-rock albums. "Ixnay","Americana","Conspiracy","Splinter" and "Rise & Fall" are the albums of their new style! They have made their own kind of music and that's why the Offspring have been my favourite band since 1998! They have two music-style faces: The first one includes the albums "The Offspring","Ignition" & "Smash".The second one includes the rest of the abums!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-10-2012, 07:03 AM
To me it's always seemed like they have 6 different styles. All there albums have quite different sounds (compared to something like Pennywise. I love Pennywise, but up until 2008 all their albums sounded the same to me). But I guess you could sum them up into two categories.

ixnay04
02-15-2012, 11:30 PM
1. Ixnay on the Hombre
2. Smash
3. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
4. Conspiracy of One
5. Americana
6. Splinter
7. Ignition
8. Offspring

Pán František
02-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Americana
Smash
Co1
Splinter
RAFRAG
Ixnay
Ignition
The Offspring

Defender
02-25-2012, 04:37 PM
However, Splinter isn't the worst for me, because there's CO1. There are two songs on that album I really like: Vultures and Living in Chaos, but neither are as great as Lightning Rod or Noose. I also like Come Out Swinging, Million Miles Away, and Conspiracy of One.

I can not STAND Original Prankster, Want You Bad, One Fine Day, or Special Delivery. And the Intro is dumb.

And the other two songs are kinda boring - Dammit I Changed Again and All Along really don't do anything for me.

That's 5/13, less than half. And none of the songs are stellar for me. And it has several of the worst songs of their career.

I disagree with you! Maybe because "Conspiracy of one" is the first Offspring-album I bought ("Smash" is the second)and I especially love it! I like so much "million miles away","Dammit I changed again","Living in chaos","Special delivery"("you can't kill a man when he's got no hope"-kicks ass-lyrics),"Vultures","Want you bad","Conspiracy of one","Original prankster" is funny and makes my mood,"Come out swinging"(matches with intro)! "All along" is a usual,pretty Offspring-song! The songs I don't like so much are "One fine day" and "Huck it"

Gayman
02-28-2012, 05:56 PM
This really does change abit, especially between the first two...

1. Ixnay On The Hombre
2. Ignition
3. Americana
4. Conspiracy Of One
5. Smash
6. RFRG
7. Splinter
8. ST

Defender
03-06-2012, 03:49 AM
A little note that I just read on wikipedia:
Conspiracy Of One:
"This is the only Offspring CD where the word "fuck" is never used, not including the bonus track 'Huck It'."

I didn't notice this!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Conspiracy Of One:
"This is the only Offspring CD where the word "fuck" is never used, not including the bonus track 'Huck It'."

I hadn't noticed this so far!

I didn't notice that until I read the wikipedia article as well.

Llamas
03-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Conspiracy Of One:

I noticed it when I bought it, actually. I was surprised at how tame it was in that regard. Ixnay is the most cuss-heavy album they have.

Also, when I pre-ordered Splinter, they sent me the edited version. Forever annoyed.

cool 2 hate 681
03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Conspiracy Of One:

never noticed that before either

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Ixnay is the most cuss-heavy album they have.

Really? I mean, I never counted the swears or anything but I always considered Smash more cuss-heavy. As I'm typing this I have come to realize that I can't think of any other songs besides Smash, Bad Habit, and So Alone that use course language on that album.

Then on Ixnay, there is Cool to Hate, Mota, I Choose, Way Down The Line (I think. I'd have to listen to it again), Me and My Old Lady, and likely more. Oh and of course, Change the World ("kiss my ass, ha ha ha")

I think you're right.

randman21
03-06-2012, 09:12 PM
I think I remember shortly before RaFRaG came out, someone (maybe Jojan?) made a thread, breaking down either the number of swears or the number of fucks by album. Then, based on that, we had to predict how many would be in RaFRaG. That was fun.

EDIT: Oh, it had to be the number of fucks because I remember guessing zero and being horribly wrong by the time it got to YGGFK.

Pablon
03-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Ignition
Smash
Self-Titled
Ixnay
Conspiracy of One
Americana
Splinter
The last one