PDA

View Full Version : Wow, it finally happened...

Pages : [1] 2

bighead384
02-05-2012, 11:31 AM
It's inevitable. This forum will die out real soon.

I remember around this time last year, this forum was in slow but steady mode. I expected it to cruise in that mode for a while. It was decently entertaining then. Now, it sucks. It's okay if a forum is a bit slow, but now, you're lucky to be entertained for more than 2 minutes when you come here. That's unsustainable. I don't think the new album (if it ever comes out) will do anything to revitalize this place. It's just too far gone. It was a good run though. I don't know my early BBS history too well, but I get the impression that it started around 2000 or so.

Pretty good run, guys.

P.S. Seriously, before you know it, this place will be so dead that we'll need like, maybe one mod, or maybe just the administrator can delete shit once or twice a week. It's not even going to matter much anymore. I know this particular statement is a bit controversial because it's me of all people saying something about mods, but that's really how I feel.

Hey Man Where's Everybody
02-05-2012, 11:38 AM
All the new album will do is attract more 14 year old posters who write in broken English and have names like Djobjín and Ünterturkheim and Manolo. Also, they all have outrageously long signatures.

bighead384
02-05-2012, 11:40 AM
All the new album will do is attract more 14 year old posters who write in broken English and have names like Djobjín and Ünterturkheim and Manolo. Also, they all have outrageously long signatures.
Right. Maybe more people will come across the forum, perhaps even post an opinion or two on the new album. But it's going to be pretty obvious to anyone who visits that the forum is largely dead, so it's not going to make a difference.

I guess I should specify that the new album will keep this place about as interesting as it is now for a few extra months or so. But that's not saying much. And then after that, it's just going to go downhill even more.

02-05-2012, 11:42 AM
So what can we do? I propose a "Ladies of Offspring.com" calendar.

Al Coholic
02-05-2012, 12:07 PM

Those people are awesome. They actually make the board go round, wether or not you people realise it. When they're here you can talk all day about how you wish they weren't. When they're not you don't have much to talk about.

We don't have enough women to make it past July.

02-05-2012, 12:15 PM
We don't have enough women to make it past July.
Honestly, it should just be LM1565 for every month.

jacknife737
02-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Oh look, it's this thread again.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Honestly, it should just be LM1565 for every month.

I've never seen a photo of 1565 before. I cannot agree or disagree

mrconeman
02-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Oh look, it's this thread again.

What he said.
Seriously, there's been almost as many of these as condom/pill arguments on this board.

Little_Miss_1565
02-06-2012, 12:00 AM
OH GOD, IT DIED?

then WHERE ARE WE?!?!?!

02-06-2012, 12:56 AM
OH GOD, IT DIED?

then WHERE ARE WE?!?!?!

A flash-sideways parallel reality to the board, of course.

http://filmcrithulk.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/lost-church-scene-1.jpg

ad8
02-06-2012, 04:00 AM
yeah I actually hope this place dies soon so I am not forced to keep posting anymore

0r4ng3
02-06-2012, 05:40 AM
something something demand nude mods etc etc

Isolated Fury
02-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Honestly, the only reason I started regularly posting again is because I got bored at work. No sales walk in when the weather is so miserably shitty. Now that this thread has raised the question (again), is there a point to continue?

Do I REALLY have to start all over at another board to pass the time?

BagOfShenanigans
02-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Is there another board? They have to be somewhere...

coke_a_holic
02-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Did the BBS died??

Isolated Fury
02-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Cause of death: multiple gunshot wounds from wandering the streets of Pap-town.

samseby
02-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Due to facebook and twitter it's not really that surprising that boards in general aren't as frequented and as alive as they used to be - that'll probably pass (or not?).

mrconeman
02-06-2012, 09:29 AM
The BBS is DEAD.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-06-2012, 10:11 AM
It won't be missed.

(Fucking clownshoes)

bighead384
02-06-2012, 11:07 AM
You guys really haven't noticed that it's reached a new low? Really?

XYlophonetreeZ
02-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I have no opinion on the matter. It's just not that interesting of a thing to notice. It's not some great milestone that we all need to acknowledge. If people are already bored with the BBS, then it follows that people are going to be bored with meta-discussions of the BBS. I sure as hell am.

personal_loans_1
02-06-2012, 11:44 AM
http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2012/02/305b463b3944de25efffba90139f0313.gif?1328465330

Retard
02-06-2012, 12:02 PM
:(
nnoooo!!!

randman21
02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
For real. I found the drop-off between the end of '07 and the end '08/beginning '09 much more surprising. Once that happened, the inevitability that the BBS would die became very clear. This is the only forum I visit, but this doesn't bother me at all. It's been a great run. Its "mainstream" (for lack of a better word) popularity far outlasted the Offspring's.

Little_Miss_1565
02-06-2012, 01:25 PM
A flash-sideways parallel reality to the board, of course.

http://filmcrithulk.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/lost-church-scene-1.jpg

Cause of death: multiple gunshot wounds from wandering the streets of Pap-town.

^ These two posts made coffee come out my nose a little.

To slag the "lowness" of the board without shouldering some responsibility for it is kind of ridiculous, Bighead. I know I don't contribute actively to the content of this board. Several years of dealing with a shitstorm of negativity directed at me personally from a handful of users kind of took a big bite out of my enjoyment of this place. The forum ended up completely changing the course of my actual in-real-life life, though, so I can't hate it. But I can't help but feel like it's awfully rich of you to complain about the forum sucking when you've put so much work into making it suck over the years.

Isolated Fury
02-06-2012, 01:50 PM
^ These two posts made coffee come out my nose a little.
I knew someone would appreciate it.

I can't say that I'm horribly upset over the current state of the boards. Then again, I can't say I don't miss the good old days, either. Coming here is still enjoyable. I'd say the big difference is that the more "interesting" people made a far more substantial contribution to the boards' activity. If more of the "leet" were still here - shit, even Justin or the 'tards like ruroken - it would be a lot more fun.

Little_Miss_1565
02-06-2012, 02:14 PM
I can't say that I'm horribly upset over the current state of the boards. Then again, I can't say I don't miss the good old days, either. Coming here is still enjoyable. I'd say the big difference is that the more "interesting" people made a far more substantial contribution to the boards' activity. If more of the "leet" were still here - shit, even Justin or the 'tards like ruroken - it would be a lot more fun.

It's been an unintended consequence of the project of making the forums more friendly to the fans, which I regret. I'm glad the band's fans have a place to be fans, but I miss a lot of the old members. I'm not sure how else we could have accomplished the same, though.

Outerspaceman21
02-06-2012, 02:51 PM
When thinking about why this forum is dying out, I started to ask myself why I don't post here that much. One of the main reason is because there is really not much I can add to a particular discussion, but also another reason is because I've been busy. I remember posting a lot here, then I stopped because of several things like I got sucked into WoW for 2 years. Having quit that for good, I've supplemented my time with other things like my writing, my music, school, friends, etc etc, to the point where I visit this site less often.

I think a lot of the old members just stopped posting because their lives are getting in the way. Sure, they may still love the Offspring, but are too busy with real life shit to take time to post on a forum.

As for making new fans, In the past ten years, The Offspring have released 2 albums and one greatest hits, culminating into 3 or 4 popular singles that reminded people of their existence, but the music industry is changing. People treat music more like a novelty than a means to express how you feel. People don't buy CD's or even download whole albums, just the songs they heard on the radio and liked. People are getting lazy in terms of music appreciation.

but that's only the way I see it, I may just be full of shit right now.

02-06-2012, 03:07 PM
I first posted in these forums (albeit a very different version of these forums) over a decade ago. I was in a very confusing, very very strange period in my life. Through these forums I got to know a few really cool individuals who helped me, even just through AIM conversations, through some really heavy stuff-- fighting addiction around the same time I got married and became a father. It was also a laugh-- I genuinely had a great time in the boards.

Since then, my life took a few really bizarre turns for the better. I stopped posting because I just got too busy, and honestly, I haven't really liked The Offspring for the better part of a decade (I wouldn't say I've "outgrown" them, as much as we've just grown in different directions). I've made a few "comebacks" that weren't really comebacks at all, but sudden pangs of nostalgia. Save for LM1565 and maybe wheelchairman, I've no idea where the "old gang" is. I know I likely won't find them actively posting these days, but I'm still drawn back to the board every once in a while I can't really explain it.

02-06-2012, 03:26 PM
I first posted in these forums (albeit a very different version of these forums) over a decade ago. I was in a very confusing, very very strange period in my life. Through these forums I got to know a few really cool individuals who helped me, even just through AIM conversations, through some really heavy stuff-- fighting addiction around the same time I got married and became a father. It was also a laugh-- I genuinely had a great time in the boards.

Since then, my life took a few really bizarre turns for the better. I stopped posting because I just got too busy, and honestly, I haven't really liked The Offspring for the better part of a decade (I wouldn't say I've "outgrown" them, as much as we've just grown in different directions). I've made a few "comebacks" that weren't really comebacks at all, but sudden pangs of nostalgia. Save for LM1565 and maybe wheelchairman, I've no idea where the "old gang" is. I know I likely won't find them actively posting these days, but I'm still drawn back to the board every once in a while I can't really explain it.

Also, for nostalgia's sake, http://web.archive.org/web/20020328062402/http://bbs.offspring.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum&f=4

Who could forget threads like "I need some advice (don't reply if you're gonna slag me off)"? Classic.

Rooster
02-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Let's make it into a movie. Better yet, it should be in 3D! All the drama we've gone through, occasional flame wars and troll invasions, not to mention the increasingly intelligent bots, religion, horse fucking, abortions, breast implants, beer discussions, horse fucking, chrisdude, horse fucking, nude mods, That Punk Kid You Love and horse fucking... Seriously, this forum has everything that is needed for a great script! It would revolutionize the entire concept of filmmaking altogether.

Bitches would be all over us.

yarock
02-06-2012, 03:54 PM
I just wonder how it was different last year around this time. I don't think there had been a distinguishable slowdown.

dff_punk
02-06-2012, 04:02 PM
http://www.miserableretailslave.com/Planet%20of%20the%20Apes%20Statue%20of%20Liberty.j pg

02-06-2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.miserableretailslave.com/Planet%20of%20the%20Apes%20Statue%20of%20Liberty.j pg

A+, would lol again.

bighead384
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
It's been an unintended consequence of the project of making the forums more friendly to the fans, which I regret. I'm glad the band's fans have a place to be fans, but I miss a lot of the old members. I'm not sure how else we could have accomplished the same, though.

This is so ridiculous. You're saying the forums died because you were asked to moderate differently? It's the subject matter and actual content of a post or thread that makes it interesting and engaging. Not the absence or presence of a few "play nice" type rules.

I already know what's going to happen. 1565 is going to outrageously overstate a consequence of the new rules, and act like that explains everything, lol.

Little_Miss_1565
02-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Why exactly do you think most of the older members left, Bighead? Serious question. I was under the impression (because it was said explicitly) that it was because the administrators asked me to take over the forum and write rules without the other moderators input, and that I was asked not to discuss how or why the whole thing came up in the first place. And then a lot of the moderators were released from service in another action I was asked not to discuss.

Isolated Fury
02-06-2012, 09:20 PM
What... the fuck?

Little_Miss_1565
02-06-2012, 09:29 PM
What... the fuck?

Sorry dogg, miss a few years, miss a lot.

bighead384
02-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Why exactly do you think most of the older members left, Bighead? Serious question. I was under the impression (because it was said explicitly) that it was because the administrators asked me to take over the forum and write rules without the other moderators input, and that I was asked not to discuss how or why the whole thing came up in the first place. They left because they lost interest. Duh. Yeah, maybe some people didn't care for the new rules. But that's like saying "I'm going to stop watching football because they're stricter about calling blindside and helmet to helmet hits now". Just doesn't make any damn sense.

P.S. I was here before the rules changed. Was only a little different.

Little_Miss_1565
02-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Some of their last posts on the forum are searchable by anyone who cares to find them. I don't need to convince you, Bighead.

bighead384
02-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Some of their last posts on the forum are searchable by anyone who cares to find them. I don't need to convince you, Bighead.

Sorry, that doesn't count as evidence.

I think I remember some of the moderators were offended that they were basically dicked over without warning, and they figured that was the last straw. But stop trying to act like there were legions of people who were happily posting here everyday and then just quickly stopped because of some outrage over minor rule changes. It wasn't like that. Really.

Little_Miss_1565
02-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Yep, this is totally about me and not about your insane obsession with being on my case. I was trying to take some responsibility for my role in the marked shift in the tenor of the forums, but you can go ahead and make this about me being an egomaniac.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Why exactly do you think most of the older members left, Bighead? Serious question. I was under the impression (because it was said explicitly) that it was because the administrators asked me to take over the forum and write rules without the other moderators input, and that I was asked not to discuss how or why the whole thing came up in the first place. And then a lot of the moderators were released from service in another action I was asked not to discuss.

I do remember a few very vocal, prominent members bitching about the change, but I kind of always thought there was a silent majority that simply left because they outgrew this place... and due to the Offspring's waning popularity (and activity), there hasn't been an influx of new members.

I paid so little attention that I can't even remember how the new rules are different from the old ones. Does it really affect anything here? I think maybe there's less tolerance for spammers and trolls, and you can't make negative jokes about the band?

02-06-2012, 10:28 PM
I do remember a few very vocal, prominent members bitching about the change, but I kind of always thought there was a silent majority that simply left because they outgrew this place... and due to the Offspring's waning popularity (and activity), there hasn't been an influx of new members.

I paid so little attention that I can't even remember how the new rules are different from the old ones. Does it really affect anything here? I think maybe there's less tolerance for spammers and trolls, and you can't make negative jokes about the band?
Shit, I think I might've made a negative joke about the band. Does calling them "the Pretty Fly guys" count as a negative joke?

Lord Phidias
02-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Old members left because they grew up, that's a no-brainer... and because the internetz has changed a lot. People like me, relatively new members, stay here because we still like TO and more or less like the members (hi Jojan!), get slightly entertained and/or have nothing better to do, and you guys, old and semi old memebers who keep posting and keeping this place alive should worry about their own motivation to keep visiting this forums.

Harleyquiiinn
02-07-2012, 02:23 AM
Hey, I'm here for a few years now (2009, I guess ?) and honestly, it was never very active in the first place. Always a little bit boring you know... I have no idea of my motivation to still come. Sometimes, you have one cool thread.

So it didn't finally happened. As far as I'm concerned, it's always been that way in almost 3 years...

randman21
02-07-2012, 04:59 AM
I remember those days very well, and I'm telling you guys a good number of very active, BBS Legendz left directly because of the Super Mod/rules change. Sin Studly made a huge deal about it. As far as I understand, HornyPope and his wife as well. Ninthz and his butt buddy didn't leave, but slowed it down a lot. Some others whose names escape me.

Then when the Mod squad was downsized even further (I wanna say mid-2009), those who were let go, who were all active, either stopped posting or cut back.

All that in the middle of a gradual loss of interest in general, and here is where we stand today.

SåS
02-07-2012, 05:14 AM
Hate to say it, but where is Bipolar Bear and that gay couple?
That shit really hyped this place up.

jacknife737
02-07-2012, 05:16 AM
Hate to say it, but where is Bipolar Bear and that gay couple?
That shit really hyped this place up.

No they didn't.

Let's not get crazy here.

SåS
02-07-2012, 05:18 AM
No they didn't.

Let's not get crazy here.

Craziness is basically what we need, but then again... Even with those sorts of members back, it wouldn't be as good because there aren't enough people to retaliate to them, which they feed on.

EDIT: Also, that response was one of the quickest I've seen of this thread in a long time... Maybe it's just me though.

Rooster
02-07-2012, 08:04 AM
This thread [thĭs θrɛd] - A series of messages from people with too much time on their hands to other people whom they probably never have and never will meet. Usually results in a heated discussion, polarizing participants into two groups: "The A-team" (further divided into two categories, namely "Mods" - also known as "They" - and "1337"; these two groups aren't mutually exclusive) and "Trolls". Sometimes an outside party joins the discussion ("Bots") with varying degree of success and may or may not contribute to the topic with a few advertised products.

For further information see "1337", "mod nudity", "bigdude101" and "equine fertility"

bighead384
02-07-2012, 08:08 AM
I remember those days very well, and I'm telling you guys a good number of very active, BBS Legendz left directly because of the Super Mod/rules change. Sin Studly made a huge deal about it. As far as I understand, HornyPope and his wife as well. Ninthz and his butt buddy didn't leave, but slowed it down a lot. Some others whose names escape me.

Yeah, okay.

Honestly, I think I remember someone who left trying to explain this ridiculous, over-intellectualized theory back when it actually happened, and it's just as much bullshit now as it was then. It all comes down to the simple truth that it does not make any fucking sense to leave a forum just because of minor changes. Changes that just plain do not have the ability to affect things in such a way that the forum is no longer enjoyable.

It's not even like the people who are here now just don't "get" what the forum used to be like. Hello! We can read the old threads, and they often get bumped. Wasn't really that big of a difference as far as posting freedom.

Honestly, I think this just really annoys me because I hate it when people take something that may be true on some level, to a small extent, and act like it explains a large phenomena. You can't outright deny what they're saying because it's partially true, even though it's essentially bullshit as far as being a sufficient explanation goes.

Little_Miss_1565
02-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Bighead, you are truly remarkable. I was trying to own up to something I'm not proud of, and you've managed to turn it into some sort of egomaniacal arrogation.

Please believe me fully when I say your obsession with giving me shit is fucking creepy.

bighead384
02-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Bighead, you are truly remarkable. I was trying to own up to something I'm not proud of, and you've managed to turn it into some sort of egomaniacal arrogation.

Please believe me fully when I say your obsession with giving me shit is fucking creepy.

I have no clue what you're talking about. You're admitting you played a role in the making of the new rules or something? What made you think there was a debate about that? My message is that it's bullshit to suggest that one of the primary reasons a person would leave these forums is because of minor rule changes.

Little_Miss_1565
02-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah, the rule changes were so minor that you and your two best friends on the internet made it your fucking job to harass me for what, a year straight? Just stop. Your insistence on being contrary to whatever I'm saying is kind of sad.

bighead384
02-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Oh yeah, the rule changes were so minor that you and your two best friends on the internet made it your fucking job to harass me for what, a year straight? Just stop. Your insistence on being contrary to whatever I'm saying is kind of sad.

You're trying to equate someone not liking a few rule changes to someone thinking a few rule changes is a reason to leave the forum. Not the same. And again, do people who dislike the new rules on dangerous hits in the NFL stop watching football because of it? No, but there is still pretty heated debate about it.

Little_Miss_1565
02-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Well, the message I got from your campaign of harassment is that I've destroyed the forum. Congrats on them communication skills. I'm glad the guilt I've felt over the last several years was for nought.

Ryder1234
02-07-2012, 02:43 PM
The last few posts are the broken record that's stopping at least me, and I'm guessing others, from visiting as much. Nothing against you Sarah, you're just doing your job. But seeing Bighead confront and argue any point, opinion etc, especially LM's, and seeing it in what feels like every thread, makes me not wanna open threads as much. Your/Other Band sections are really what keeps me here, plus some info on the new album every now and then.

Little_Miss_1565
02-07-2012, 02:51 PM
I can totally see that, Ryder, and I feel bummed about that. It makes *me* not want to read threads. Sorry.

killer_queen
02-07-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't think 1565 was suggesting that everyone left this place because the rules had changed. Yes a couple of them left when the rules changed and they were very clear about it but also many people started visiting the boards less when those members left. For example changed rules never interested or bothered me but when Justin left this place became quite boring for me. And then there were no long discussions of him and hornypope with Bella's incredibly long posts between. And there were few people who could get a ghetto joke and more people to take abortion threads seriously. Most of the people left at that point.

For me the boards are like high school friends. You may forget about them for a couple of years but there will be a time when you so badly want someone to laugh if you tell him that you broke the arm of your friend because he didn't like your favorite band or invent your own version of the story of sitting at Starbucks and making the rich girls who tried to make fun of you cry, so you come back.

Llamas
02-07-2012, 03:29 PM

Then when the Mod squad was downsized even further (I wanna say mid-2009), those who were let go, who were all active, either stopped posting or cut back.

All that in the middle of a gradual loss of interest in general, and here is where we stand today.

This is pretty much what I wanted to say, but I'm glad you said it already cause I was feeling way too lazy to type that out.

There were a few members who left because of the new rules. And though it was only a few that left because of them, the ones that did leave were very active and posted a lot of threads. Some of the mods who left after losing their "jobs" were pretty active, too (not all, of course). The hugest decline on the bbs was after the new rules + mod shift. I'm surprised bighead isn't jumping on 1565 for that... cause it seems like he would...

The last few posts are the broken record that's stopping at least me, and I'm guessing others, from visiting as much. Nothing against you Sarah, you're just doing your job. But seeing Bighead confront and argue any point, opinion etc, especially LM's, and seeing it in what feels like every thread, makes me not wanna open threads as much. Your/Other Band sections are really what keeps me here, plus some info on the new album every now and then.

For real.

Little_Miss_1565
02-07-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm surprised bighead isn't jumping on 1565 for that... cause it seems like he would...

Because I copped to it?

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
02-07-2012, 04:04 PM
I ate a mongoose today

Llamas
02-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Because I copped to it?

Exactly. Bighead seems to always search for reasons to be mad at you and hate you... so it's strange that when you admit that you feel bad about having done something, he totally brushes over it. He's not going after you on that - or, god forbid, acknowledging it - but instead blowing past that and looking for something else to be obnoxious about. The guy makes absolutely no sense.

randman21
02-07-2012, 05:14 PM
You're trying to equate someone not liking a few rule changes to someone thinking a few rule changes is a reason to leave the forum. Not the same. And again, do people who dislike the new rules on dangerous hits in the NFL stop watching football because of it? No, but there is still pretty heated debate about it.
But if they were to say that's why they're going to stop watching, would you still dispute that? People outright said they were leaving the forum because of the changes. And they weren't minor. That was the first time a rule against trolling/flaming was established (I think), and for quite a few members, trolling/flaming was their entire existence here. It was made clear that the new rules would be strictly enforced, so the choice became play nice or leave. Coupled with the fact that the one person who helped draft the rules was promoted to super mod, it didn't sit well with some.

I don't think 1565 was suggesting that everyone left this place because the rules had changed. Yes a couple of them left when the rules changed and they were very clear about it but also many people started visiting the boards less when those members left. For example changed rules never interested or bothered me but when Justin left this place became quite boring for me. And then there were no long discussions of him and hornypope with Bella's incredibly long posts between. And there were few people who could get a ghetto joke and more people to take abortion threads seriously. Most of the people left at that point.
THIS is exactly what I was trying to describe. There's literally no debating it. killer_queen isn't the only one who felt that way.

Retard
02-07-2012, 05:32 PM
I don't get it. If Bighead hates it here so much. Why does he keep coming back?

T-6005
02-08-2012, 12:37 AM
I don't make many threads. I was never truly in the upper echelons of thread-makers as it stood, but I began to try making more as activity wound down.

Drunken ramblings more than not, exercises in writing and communication, ideas about drunk drivers and long-dead Japanese diaries.

Even so, I always found this place a good place - a strong place - to go whenever I wanted to read something that wasn't depressing news or principled opinions. What made the BBS interesting back in the day - and I hate to say 'back in the day' - was the very proliferation of experiences that a small minority of people had and shared within its limited textual confines. Bots and trolls came and went, and HornyPope never truly wanted to give up his baby, but the experiment itself ran its course, and writing/debating skills were sharpened, wits were matched, disagreements were had, and through it all loose and interrupted teenage/adult emotionalities erupted onto differently coloured backgrounds.

I have to be entirely honest. I found university indispensable in developing the tools that I need to think critically - assuming that I can even at this juncture. But I found the plethora of endlessly proliferating opinions that existed on this BBS to be invaluable in shaping the desire to think about what I was saying, to actually become cohesive. Justin's dangerously logical inanities pushed me away ideologically, yes, but they also forced me to consider why I believed what I did, and where those beliefs came from. It seems weird to ask yourself "Why am I not a racist," because it seems logical, and yet until you've truly interrogated it, you can never own up to the never-pure acknowledgement that identities are produced against subject positions, and that you are a subject. These are uncomfortable realizations for a lot of people who 'are the universe,' so to speak. Everything is understood because everything is seen, everything that I accept is integrated into the way that things should be.

Oddly emotional for me to acknowledge that stupid debates on whether Dexter would survive Afghanistan - wait, it was The Netherlands - helped to form the lone inquisitive bone I have in my body, but it's also true. I owe a stupid amount to this BBS.

Don't get me wrong, I owe a stupid amount to high school teachers and sassy cab drivers and contemptuous old girlfriends and Michel Foucault and people who forget books in Malaysian supermarkets and beer and polyinstrumentalist friends and wireless technology and the way ladies walk and how good I look in suits and webcomics and being a polyglot and my favourite authors....

But I also owe a lot to the people who disagree, emphatically and immediately. And for that, you can't beat the internet.

Not to mention, I hope to one day buy Sarah a beer or four, have a lovely conversation, then head home happy.

WebDudette
02-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Okay, first of all this isn't anything new. We've literally had this very thread before, I wouldn't be surprised if you started it. This forum has been on life support a long time.

P.S. I was here before the rules changed. Was only a little different.

Now that is just downright silly. When is the last time you saw a 20+ long thread that's sole intention was to viciously mock a single member? That shit would and has got deleted pretty quickly.

Sorry, that doesn't count as evidence.

I think I remember some of the moderators were offended that they were basically dicked over without warning, and they figured that was the last straw. But stop trying to act like there were legions of people who were happily posting here everyday and then just quickly stopped because of some outrage over minor rule changes. It wasn't like that. Really.

I don't think anyone was claiming that a grip of people just fell of the face of the internet because of the rule changes/moderation changes, but it was a catalyst that started a long period of people eventually just saying 'fuck it'. A couple key people stirred up a shit storm, then left. Some people left because those people left, some people left because it literally just devolved into a forum arguing about the quality the forum and a massive amount of pathetic drama.

Sure, over the last 7-8 years people just got bored and stopped coming, but by no means did the whole 1337 drama/rule change/instatement of mods/decrease of mods/second decrease of mods era of the forum have an insignificant effect on the popularity and well... I don't exactly want to say quality, of the board.

Everyone left is most likely just getting bored with the contrived drama and bullshit, typically perpetuated and instigated by you. That's how it's been for me at least.

bighead384
02-08-2012, 09:19 AM
The place was already in decline well before the rule change. What bullshit over-intellectualized theories explain that? Is it just too much for you people to admit that some people just got bored in general? Is that too simple for you?

All these theories are insane. They're nothing more than outrageous overstatements of small factors. I'm not going to get sucked into debating the details of ideas this stupid.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-08-2012, 09:39 AM

This is so ridiculous. You're saying the forums died because you were asked to moderate differently? It's the subject matter and actual content of a post or thread that makes it interesting and engaging. Not the absence or presence of a few "play nice" type rules.

I already know what's going to happen. 1565 is going to outrageously overstate a consequence of the new rules, and act like that explains everything, lol.

Good point. I'm really sorry the rest of us started it. Look how mature and disciplined you are for not getting sucked in.

bighead384
02-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Sorry, it was just too pathetic to see several people state the same ridiculous things.

Also:

Good post bro.

Llamas
02-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Man, bighead must be the biggest drag at a party. No wonder he hates everyone, and complains about his friends... the only people who are willing to hang out with him are complete assholes.

killer_queen
02-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Yes. Yes, all of them were bored to death even before rules changed. Most of them told us explicitly that they didn't enjoy posting somewhere they are not allowed to speak of their minds via e-mails and private messages and some of them even wrote very long posts explaining all the reasons why they are leaving but yes, you must know our friends better than us. I'm sure they have all sent you messages like "dearest bighead, I'm leaving this board because this place is a crashing bore. I told everyone I'm leaving because of the new rules so play it cool. But when the time comes please defend our reasons like a lunatic. Love, I337. Ps: give hell to Sarah for us." There must be a reason why you are acting like you know the minds of the people whom most of us still corresponding. You must be right because no one can be that weird.

Harleyquiiinn
02-08-2012, 09:59 AM
You guys are so dramatic it's entertaining. :cool:

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Serious honest-to-god question here. Bighead, if the changes I made to the forum were so minor, why did you participate in a years long (literally) campaign railing against me as a tyrant, starting a social group dedicated to me being a bitch, including but not limited to your buddy flooding the forum with spiked dildo porn images, posting messages elsewhere about how I deserve to be raped, oh, and death threats?

Cannot mentally bridge the gap of this cognitive dissonance. I mean, I'm glad you think the radical changes of the boards that resulted in a lot of people I enjoyed talking to leaving in disgust were so minor that it's insane for anyone to assert that they were major changes. But why harass me like that?

bighead384
02-08-2012, 10:37 AM
I don't think I have any explaining to do. Your theories are retarded, regardless of what you want to make of my past behavior.

Llamas
02-08-2012, 10:44 AM
your buddy flooding the forum with spiked dildo porn images, posting messages elsewhere about how I deserve to be raped, oh, and death threats?

Whoa, wait... wtf?! Apparently I was giving the guy too much credit... sociopath much?? I knew about the social group and the countless insane posts about you and the modding... but seriously: What. The. Fuck. How did you find out this was bighead's friend? Or did bighead participate in these actions, as well?

Harleyquiiinn
02-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Presumption of innocence, people !

Hey Bighead, you need a lawyer ?

Oups, no. I forgot, you had an office job in a law firm. :D

bighead384
02-08-2012, 10:52 AM
She's associating me with Bi Polar Bear and then bringing up all the bad stuff he did.

bighead384
02-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Can we get back on topic here? It's insane to act like minor rule changes on a message board can be the primary reason someone leaves. Ever look at an old thread? They aren't even that different in terms of posting freedom.

Like I said, it's like being a hardcore NFL fan and then deciding not to watch football anymore because of the rule changes outlawing dangerous hits. That doesn't make any sense!

mrconeman
02-08-2012, 10:58 AM
See it's shit like this that makes me try to remind everyone how much of a massive, ego-maniacal, plank-of-wood-stupid-as-fuck and completely useless, boring cunt Bighead is. Every now and then his utter failure at online interaction borders on "not completely retarded" so people start to cut him some slack and encourage his less retarded posts. He should just be shot.

Did I break some new forum rules or something? Cool.

I mean really even the invalid argument that annoying fuckers like him keep the place entertaining and alive doesn't wash with me, I wouldn't mind if the board went down in flames at this point if it shut him the fuck up for awhile.

bighead384
02-08-2012, 10:59 AM
See it's shit like this that makes me try to remind everyone how much of a massive, ego-maniacal, plank-of-wood-stupid-as-fuck and completely useless, boring cunt Bighead is. Every now and then his utter failure at online interaction borders on "not completely retarded" so people start to cut him some slack and encourage his less retarded posts. He should just be shot.

Yeah fuck you.

mrconeman
02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Here's to reinforcing the Bighead stereotype then, eh?
Good call.

Llamas
02-08-2012, 11:04 AM
She's associating me with Bi Polar Bear and then bringing up all the bad stuff he did.

Oh yeah, your buttbuddy. That guy made you look less awful and obnoxious by comparison, but balanced that out by making you look more batshit by associating with him.

Did I break some new forum rules or something? Cool.

I mean really even the invalid argument that annoying fuckers like him keep the place entertaining and alive doesn't wash with me, I wouldn't mind if the board went down in flames at this point if it shut him the fuck up for awhile.

I tip my hat to you, sir. I remember when bighead improved for a little while, and I did cut him some slack. But you kept reminding us all of what a dick he is, and not to give him too much credit... and sure enough, the "improvement" didn't last long, and it didn't take long for him to return to being a massive moron and asshole.

Isolated Fury
02-08-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm guessing Bighead is kind of like the modern day Wisconsin Homer? Or LODAT?

Either way, I don't know you, Bighead. I don't know what your posting history is like. I don't even know your name. I do know, however, that you're making yourself out to be the biggest cockbag around. Saying that you want to get back on topic and then blowing up again is pretty counter-productive.

Llamas
02-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Wisconsin Homer?

Holy crap, that's what wishomie meant? Ha. I always pronounced it in my head, "wish o'me".

I see a lot of parallels between wishomie and bighead... never thought about it before.

killer_queen
02-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Holy crap, that's what wishomie meant? Ha. I always pronounced it in my head, "wish o'me".

I see a lot of parallels between wishomie and bighead... never thought about it before.

It's like a moment of illumination, isn't it? I, on the other hand, pronounced it "wish homie". I can be quite a weirdo about pronouncing things in my head; like pronouncing wheelchairman as "wellchairman".

I don't see any resemblences between them, though. Wishomie seemed to do everything for fun. Now i don't remember bighead from the old days but he seems like an obsessive and bitter guy.

bighead384
02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
I have a feeling that you wierdos could write a 10 page essay on the effects of the rule changes. Over-intellectualizing everything and making it all seem like such a huge change. LOL!

Llamas
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM
This guy is far more delusional than I thought... kinda scary.

bighead384
02-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Can we get back on topic here? It's insane to act like minor rule changes on a message board can be the primary reason someone leaves. Ever look at an old thread? They aren't even that different in terms of posting freedom.

Like I said, it's like being a hardcore NFL fan and then deciding not to watch football anymore because of the rule changes outlawing dangerous hits. That doesn't make any sense!

^You guys can twist it any way you like, but you can't escape this truth. Maybe the rules pushed a couple people over the edge after they were already bored with the place, but c'mon. Quit being fucking ridiculous.

lol. :D

Isolated Fury
02-08-2012, 02:15 PM
I have a feeling that you wierdos could write a 10 page essay on the effects of the rule changes. Over-intellectualizing everything and making it all seem like such a huge change. LOL!
Well, in some cases maybe. In my case, not at all. You see, bighead, I wasn't here for the rule changing times. We'll call it my leave of absence. I was here, however, for the time before the rule changes, and I am here now after the rule changes. I can see the difference.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not going to be a rules-changed-everything advocate. But I'm also not going to idly sit here and tell you that everything is the exact same as it was before I took my little break. Something is definitely different. And I'd hate to jump to conclusions (since I am not graced enough to have kept in contact with any of the senior members), but it seems AWFULLY strange that almost all of the regularly posting individuals decided it was a good idea to just up and leave. I know those people (I hope) a little better than that. They dedicated a lot of time and energy into these boards.

It seems that your only purpose in this thread and, possibly, the rest of the boards is to piss people off. Then nobody wants to hear anything from you, and you catch on. At this point you start cruising under the radar, not saying too much - an agreement here, an "lol" there. Then when you feel confident enough, you start throwing more shit around than a hyperactive chimpanzee. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Maybe it's time that you just shut the fuck up?

XYlophonetreeZ
02-08-2012, 02:36 PM

Good post bro.

Thanks, Brodo Baggins. While we agree that the rule changes didn't affect all that much, the difference is that I'm appreciating Sarah's contrition in this thread and trying to illustrate why she shouldn't shoulder the full blame of why this place has gone to hell. You're just trying to kick her when she's down and continue your vendetta against her.

In other words:

Me: "Sarah, I don't think the rules made this place suck, people just got bored, cheer up, it ain't your fault!"

You: "Oh my God, you're taking RESPONSIBILITY for the boards' decline! FUCK YOU!!! That's not what happened at all!!! You're such a tyrannical bitch for suggesting such a thing! Whatever, I'm done arguing. I'm way too mature to continue participating in this debate. I just think you're all pathetic."

Random observer: "Man, bighead sucks"

You: "Someone thinks I suck?? Time to continue participating in the debate!"

You're acting like Linda.

bighead384
02-08-2012, 03:21 PM
You guys are acting like I'm concerned with the blame aspect of this. I'm trying to talk about the inaccuracy of explanations that have been presented: That the primary reason the board had a decline was because of minor rule changes. Or that I've single-handedly caused so many problems around here that no one wants to post anymore. It just seems like some people don't want to accept that a shit ton of people just got fucking bored of this place.

Don't want to here all this from me? Then quit it with the outlandish explanations, and then arguing to pretend that they're correct.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Double post = bannable offense under new guidelines- mods, get on that shit.

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2012, 03:34 PM
God, it is so slippery in here today. I've nearly slipped and fell on the banhammer like twice in the last 5 minutes!

bighead384
02-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Double post = bannable offense under new guidelines- mods, get on that shit.

Your theories suck.

Aha.

mrconeman
02-08-2012, 04:05 PM

Not understanding a group of people having a consensus on an obvious (obvious obvious obvious obvious obvious obvious obvious FUCKING obvious) point because you're completely fucking stupid doesn't mean that they are over-intellectualising things.

In fact, I'm pretty God damn sure some of the older members that left (omg exactly when the rules were changed) literally stated in their final posts that they were pissed about the rule changes and mod shift, and were leaving exactly because of that, search that shit up.

Or just continue to fire baseless accusations and be a really fucking stupid ignorant useless cunt.

yarock
02-08-2012, 04:14 PM
99th reply with this.

Llamas
02-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm pretty sure he's pretending to disagree and not believe it just to stir up an argument and cause shit. It's really hard to believe that someone in their 20s would *always* argue the fuck out of things that, like, everyone else is unanimous on.

Either that, or he's really that thick, and he argues with his peers about stupid shit that everyone else agrees about. Like at work, "Hey guys, everyone says that pepperoni is super unhealthy, but it's obviously the healthiest pizza topping. But everyone jumps on the bandwagon and pretends to agree it's unhealthy because they're pseudo-intellectual sheep that believe health propaganda. I'm the only one with the guts to tell the truth. Come on, admit that I'm right. You know it's true. Pepperoni is healthy!"

bighead384
02-08-2012, 04:22 PM
In fact, I'm pretty God damn sure some of the older members that left (omg exactly when the rules were changed) literally stated in their final posts that they were pissed about the rule changes and mod shift, and were leaving exactly because of that, search that shit up.

"Search that shit up" is far from being proper evidence. I'm not going to pretend that I don't remember some members being annoyed with the rules, but I remember that the place had experienced a huge decrease in activity compared to the 2004-2007-ish era. And this was BEFORE the new rules. Are you just not going to acknowledge this?!

Also, some of the mods were pissed exclusively because of the way they had been treated during the mod shift. HorneyPope comes to mind, but since I had been here in 2005, he only posted sparingly anyway. You're being unfair by counting these mods towards this supposed mass of people who left primarily because of the new rules. And I STILL can't think of one person who was a regular poster that left primarily because of the new rules. Except for maybe ninthz and that other guy, who did nothing but insult people, not even really contributing.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-08-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm starting to get confused as to what this thread is about. I thought people were railing against bighead because he's being an asshole, not because of his opinion on the rule changes. I mean, it's not that crazy to believe that most of the board's old mainstays departed for reasons other than rule changes that do not affect the board's everyday operations. Maybe some people just don't like visiting the same online communities for a decade straight?

I guess I'm in the minority here. I know there were a few vocal members that got pissy about the changes and left, but it's a stretch to say that's the primary reason for the decline- especially since this thread was initially about some kind of new low to the place, and the change occurred back in 2008.

It seems wrong to vilify him for failing to recognize the "correct" reason for something that, honestly, doesn't fucking matter. Who honestly gives a fuck why this place is in decline? Let's just talk about how he's an asshole and how he's too thick to drop anything when people call him on being one.

Like I said, though, I paid very little attention to the rule changes at the time.

bighead384
02-08-2012, 04:38 PM
It seems wrong to vilify him for failing to recognize the "correct" reason for something that, honestly, doesn't fucking matter. Who honestly gives a fuck why this place is in decline? Let's just talk about how he's an asshole and how he's too thick to drop anything when people call him on being one.

Like I said, though, I paid very little attention to the rule changes at the time.
Fault lies with the person or people who have initially made an error.

In this case, as you and I both know, everyone who is overstating the affects of the rule changes is at fault. So why is it somehow on me to "give it up"?

And quit saying you paid "little attention" or whatever. It's like you're saying that so you have a cop out just in case. Their stupid theory is ridiculous and you know it.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
In this case, as you and I both know, everyone who is overstating the affects of the rule changes is at fault. So why is it somehow on me to "give it up"?
Speak for your damn self. I disagree that the rule changes had a huge effect, but I find no fault with those who think otherwise. I find you at fault for the horrific state of this thread that started with your dickishness toward 1565.

Edit: And quit talking about "their" "theories." They're not even theories, they're recollections. No one is conspiring, no one's out to get you, no one's taking this seriously enough to develop fucking theories on this.

My recollection is different than those of some of the other fine people in this thread, but it's admittedly poor. How can something be a cop out if there's no way to prove either side right or wrong?

mrconeman
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Oh no of course, my primary point concerning Bighead is always that hes an asshole, and not in the good Andy way. I'm not saying really one way or the other to what extent the rules affected anything, but it 100% contributed to some members leaving. I'm not saying it's a devastating thing, or riling up any old conspiracy bullshit, it just happened, and some people split as a result.

I don't really know why I got sucked into the argument beyond my usual (what I feel is) my duty, of reminding everyone that Bighead is an annoying cunt.

Bighead - I don't need to acknowledge the obvious - of course people were bored with this..er...board....before the rule changes, it's retarded to even bring that up. They were bored with it many years before that, and now a few years after we're all still bored, but we're still here. To blankly ignore that some people definitely left as a result of that change is stupid, especially when you go and acknowledge that some people left as a result of that change, right after denying it. Fuck.Ing.Hell.

Except for maybe ninthz and that other guy
Regardless of their position on the board, if you think they left because of the rule changes, doesn't that completely invalidate your point?

bighead384
02-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Regardless of their position on the board, if you think they left because of the rule changes, doesn't that completely invalidate your point?
No, because we're talking about members leaving the board in the context of the cause of the decline in the board. Since they didn't really contribute, why should they count? I NEVER saw those guys really contribute. Also, I don't even distinctly remember them saying why they were leaving it's just...pretty safe to assume.

How about you at least give me the names of people who left primarily because of the rule change...

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Yep, always safe to assume things about people you don't know, or talk to on a regular basis. I certainly didn't have any awkward phone conversations with Ninthz after having to hand out warnings / temp bans for the shit he <3s to do and did with impugnity before the rule change. To assert I did would be insane, after all.

And before anyone takes Bighead's Sisyphean bait, I'd just like to say I am a horrible person and not above temp banning you to save you from yourself if you can't resist.

bighead384
02-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Yep, always safe to assume things about people you don't know, or talk to on a regular basis. I certainly didn't have any awkward phone conversations with Ninthz after having to hand out warnings / temp bans for the shit he <3s to do and did with impugnity before the rule change. To assert I did would be insane, after all.

Oh please. Are you guys REALLY going to harp on ninthz? Christ, the guy's existence here was a joke. He doesn't matter towards any point one might try to make on either side of this argument. What a cheap strategy.

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Didn't someone just mention Ninthz? Just making conversation.

Just so you're aware -- one of the reasons you post about not having many good friends IRL might be your insistance on arguing with people and then trying to control how they argue back.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Despite what I've said about the rule changes, ninth and Justin contributed to this place more with their left nuts than you could ever hope to. They brought a lot of amusement to this place, as offensive as some of it was.

And no, I'm not changing positions, in fact they were the "prominent, vocal members getting pissy about the changes" that I mentioned from the get-go.

bighead384
02-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Didn't someone just mention Ninthz? Just making conversation. Oh fux it's so slippery in here...

What the hell? Yeah, I made a little side comment about him because he was such a joke, and then I was shocked to see that coneman is acting like my whole argument is invalid because of it. That's what I'm objecting to. Duh.

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2012, 05:07 PM
u mad, bro?

bighead384
02-08-2012, 05:08 PM
u mad, bro?

So you just completely misunderstood me in the most ridiculous way, and now you're trolling?

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Oh, you mean you're not intentionally setting out to be an asshole to everyone in this thread?

bighead384
02-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Oh, you mean you're not intentionally setting out to be an asshole to everyone in this thread?

Actually, your theory has been shot down, and you (as well as others) can't stand it, and are being relentless. That's what I'm seeing here.

randman21
02-08-2012, 06:29 PM
For the record, NO ONE here has said that everyone, or even most, who stopped posting stopped because of the rule change. Whereas you at first were trying to claim that no one did. What I said was a few key people left for that reason, causing others who followed them to come by less often. And from the get-go, I said all of this came in the middle of a general downturn of interest. I don't even care about this issue, but one of my favorite things is to see how bighead twists things so that they sound good to him, though I usually do it quietly. Please explain why the above doesn't make sense, though. And no weak NFL analogies this time.

but I remember that the place had experienced a huge decrease in activity compared to the 2004-2007-ish era. And this was BEFORE the new rules.

The change happened in 2007. And there was a decrease before that, but the one after it was much more dramatic.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-08-2012, 06:52 PM
u mad, bro?

So you just completely misunderstood me in the most ridiculous way, and now you're trolling?

lol Little_Miss_1565 is my hero.

Even though I usually like Bighead and don't find him annoying, I must agree with the majority on this.
For obvious reasons. They gave a lot of different arguments, Bighead repeatedly gave the same one which was more of an attack on the best argument.

T-6005
02-08-2012, 07:37 PM
There's been a lot of typing since I last came around. How unusual.

bighead384
02-08-2012, 08:34 PM
For the record, NO ONE here has said that everyone, or even most, who stopped posting stopped because of the rule change. Whereas you at first were trying to claim that no one did. What I said was a few key people left for that reason, causing others who followed them to come by less often. And from the get-go, I said all of this came in the middle of a general downturn of interest. I don't even care about this issue, but one of my favorite things is to see how bighead twists things so that they sound good to him, though I usually do it quietly. Please explain why the above doesn't make sense, though. And no weak NFL analogies this time.

No, I'm saying that it's untrue that the PRIMARY or even MAJOR reason any legitimate members left was because of minor rule changes. The following statement implies this:

So Isolated Fury used to post here regularly years ago, and remarked on the decline in activity/observed that a lot of members left. And the first thing 1565 tells him is that minor rule changes that came into play WAYYYY after years of declining activity are the reason why?! That's absolutely fucking ridiculous. Like, really? REALLY? I just can't get over that. That's why I insist that it's not me that has any explaining to do. It's the people that support this nonsense that do.

Sure there was some undeniable dislike for the new rules. It's the extent of dissatisfaction that the new rules caused that is debatable. I would say that a general loss of interest accounts for about 90% of the decline in activity/members. In light of this, why would someone bring up the minor rule changes first? Doesn't make sense.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I know there were a few vocal members that got pissy about the changes and left, but it's a stretch to say that's the primary reason for the decline- especially since this thread was initially about some kind of new low to the place, and the change occurred back in 2008.QFT (Whether he likes it or not)

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2012, 09:12 PM
There's been a lot of typing since I last came around. How unusual.

Yo, I got a six-pack. Come on down.

bighead384
02-08-2012, 09:29 PM
^Takin' the high road.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-08-2012, 10:24 PM
QFT (Whether he likes it or not)

Thanks, Bro Namath. Did you like the part where I was able to express an unpopular opinion without being a dick, or did some other aspect of it appeal to you?

bighead384
02-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks, Bro Namath. Did you like the part where I was able to express an unpopular opinion without being a dick, or did some other aspect of it appeal to you?

I wasn't being a dick out of nowhere, I was antagonized.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-08-2012, 10:31 PM

He's playin' the victim, yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah

bighead384
02-08-2012, 10:42 PM
She straight up came at me before that, bro.

To slag the "lowness" of the board without shouldering some responsibility for it is kind of ridiculous, Bighead. I know I don't contribute actively to the content of this board. Several years of dealing with a shitstorm of negativity directed at me personally from a handful of users kind of took a big bite out of my enjoyment of this place. The forum ended up completely changing the course of my actual in-real-life life, though, so I can't hate it. But I can't help but feel like it's awfully rich of you to complain about the forum sucking when you've put so much work into making it suck over the years.
Funny lyrics quote though.

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2012, 10:42 PM
When I say something, I'm being antagonistic. But when he says it, he's just spittin' truth, dogg.

WebDudette
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Bighead, I advise you to check out what I orginally posted, but these are the most important parts:

Okay, first of all this isn't anything new. We've literally had this very thread before, I wouldn't be surprised if you started it. This forum has been on life support a long time.

Everyone left is most likely just getting bored with the contrived drama and bullshit, typically perpetuated and instigated by you. That's how it's been for me at least.

I couldn't give you a whole list right off the top of my head, but if just ninth, ricky, Justin, and HAU are gone because of the new rules, that's enough for me.

AGAIN, NO ONE IS DENYING THAT THE FORUM HAS BEEN ON THE DECLINE OR THAT THE RULE CHANGES ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY MEMBER LEAVING, JUST THAT IT CERTAINLY HAD AN EFFECT AND MADE EVERYTHING A LOT LESS INTERESTING FOR CERTAIN PEOPLE. Also, if you think this place is the same it was in 2006-2007, you're straight fucking delusional.

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Point of order: HAU did not leave voluntarily, and hasn't really left. Pretty sure 50% of the list of banned accounts are his alts.

WebDudette
02-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Oh yeah, I know. With no rules and no mods, he'd still be here though. I actually get PM's from him sometimes.

condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?condom or pilze?

XYlophonetreeZ
02-08-2012, 11:42 PM
She straight up came at me before that, bro

Kinda funny how you chose to pick a fight with her for such an innocuous post, yet you ignored her when she pointed out that you're making the forums suck. Truth hurt much?

02-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Oh my God.

Harleyquiiinn
02-09-2012, 01:48 AM
For the record, I've been here 3 years, I think it's not bad, there has been some interesting threads but the "prominent members who left and that BBS was so much better before" nostalgia is very annoying.

And it's not only Bighead. All of the people that are here since 2004 do something like that.

Threads bumped up with new posts saying "oh that was really cool and funny, how sad that guy left, it was so much better". Or said old members coming back and saying "hey, where did everybody go ? Oh my god, this place is so crappy now !"

You know, new members simply don't feel welcome and don't feel like they can contribute enough to be able to become a "prominent member". When I arrived, I was willing to give time and energy to make interesting threads but you know what ? the "who the fuck is this ?" or "I don't remember anyone who arrived after 2007 LOL !", well, it doesn't make you want to post things.

Now I come here out of habit and really, when I get bored at work and already read all 9gag.

samseby
02-09-2012, 05:30 AM
PAST

No longer current; gone by; over ...
Having existed or occurred in an earlier time; bygone ...
The time before the present ...
Completed, finished, and no longer in existence ...

And Harleyquiiinn:
Couldn't agree more with your 4th paragraph

Llamas
02-09-2012, 05:49 AM

That's a big problem with bighead, too. Even when you agree with him, it's hard to do so because he takes your level-head, non-douchey comments that he agrees with and does the whole "YEAH! THIS GUY AGREES WITH ME! CREDIBILITY!" I remember when JN agreed with him on something that bighead made like 3 threads about... and bighead mentioned like 20 times that JN agreed with him. But JN wasn't being an asshole about it.

Bighead, it's really sad how you use this shoddy excuse of "being antagonized". Are you a fucking child? The "she started it!" excuse only works on the playground when you're 7. Nobody's forcing you to take her one sentence about how you shit up this place, and blow it into a huge argument that's gone on for many pages for no good reason. Most of the posters here really ARE tired of you two arguing forever.

Isolated Fury
02-09-2012, 06:46 AM
My favorite part about all of this is how everyone is in agreement about how the board population changed. Before you go all retarded on this, bighead, the "agreement" I am talking about is that there was a decline in members, then new rules came, then more people left. But it seems like bighead is simply arguing for the sake of arguing. You're blatantly ignoring people's posts that make complete and total sense, and, instead, you're pointing fingers and making a scene out of nothing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... dont be mad bro. srsly stop comin at us.

mrconeman
02-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Actually, your theory has been shot down, and you (as well as others) can't stand it, and are being relentless. That's what I'm seeing here.

Again, you saying something does not make it so. Our "theory" has not been shot down, just because you don't agree with it, and are the sole person to do so it seems.

I'm starting to think that you're just mad, bro.

Llamas
02-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Again, you saying something does not make it so. Our "theory" has not been shot down, just because you don't agree with it, and are the sole person to do so it seems.

"The world is flat, lol"

"No, actually, as proven by world travelers, photographs from space, and geographers, the world is in fact round. Like, the entire world agrees on this fact now."

"Whatever, you're just overstating things and acting like these small bits of information explain EVERYTHING! I bet you could write a 10-page paper on how you know the earth is round, while you over-intellectualize everything! I know it's flat, and you totally secretly agree with me, but you don't have the balls to admit it!"

"Nope. The world is round."

"I totally disproved your shitty theory, but you can't stand it! Stop being so relentless and admit you're wrong!"

bighead384
02-09-2012, 08:30 AM
"The world is flat, lol"

"No, actually, as proven by world travelers, photographs from space, and geographers, the world is in fact round. Like, the entire world agrees on this fact now."

"Whatever, you're just overstating things and acting like these small bits of information explain EVERYTHING! I bet you could write a 10-page paper on how you know the earth is round, while you over-intellectualize everything! I know it's flat, and you totally secretly agree with me, but you don't have the balls to admit it!"

"I totally disproved your shitty theory, but you can't stand it! Stop being so relentless and admit you're wrong!"
lol nice try. Terrible analogy with the "earth being round" thing. Refer to this post : (http://www.offspring.com/community/showpost.php?p=1449987&postcount=120) for more info on why what you're trying to pull is B.S. But nice try, haha.

This coming from a guy who just stated that I deserve to be shot...

Jesus Christ, when will you people just shut the fuck up? People fucking lost their fucking interest in this place. It's not that fucking hard to grasp. God Damn.

Llamas
02-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Wait, your example was someone who registered here 7 years ago and only has a thousand-some posts? He was never a very prominent member here, which explains why a lot of regulars here don't remember him (including myself). Someone who was never that prominent here, not that into the bbs to begin with isn't proof. Not to mention, NOBODY ever said that all the prominent members left for the same reason. You've ignored randman's point (which I backed up) more than once. Even if Isolated Fury HAD been one of the most frequent posters here, one person's reason for not posting doesn't disprove theories on why OTHERS left. Come on, now.

bighead384
02-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Wait, your example was someone who registered here 7 years ago and only has a thousand-some posts? He was never a very prominent member here, which explains why a lot of regulars here don't remember him (including myself). Someone who was never that prominent here, not that into the bbs to begin with isn't proof. Not to mention, NOBODY ever said that all the prominent members left for the same reason. You've ignored randman's point (which I backed up) more than once. Even if Isolated Fury HAD been one of the most frequent posters here, one person's reason for not posting doesn't disprove theories on why OTHERS left. Come on, now.
Example? Isolated Fury wasn't an "example" of anything. He was simply the person who asked the question that 1565 responded to (with a ridiculous answer that I've referenced in my previous post).

You might all have slightly different ideas of how much the rule change affected things/certain members. But still, any theory that involves the rule change as being anywhere near a primary reason for the decline is damned stupid, for the millionth time. A general loss of interest/outgrowing the place is so overwhelming to blame that it's unfathomable that anyone would present something else as the main reason. It's like people literally don't want to believe that, so they're going nuts trying to think their way around it. There's a word for that: Crazy.

mrconeman
02-09-2012, 09:01 AM
This coming from a guy who just stated that I deserve to be shot...

That's more preservation of the standard of intelligence though, not anger based frustration at the fact that you can't understand basic human logic.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Summary:

The rules changed in 2008. Some people didn't like them, got mad, and left.
Those who left created a void that was never really filled, which made the boards a little more boring.
Three and a half fucking years have gone by since then, so while a few people may have left because they missed Sin and ninth's shenanigans so much that this place wasn't fun for them anymore, way way more people probably left because their fucking lives just fucking changed. We'll never be able to prove what the "primary" cause was, so people should stop trying to do so.
The new rules (which aren't new anymore) don't affect the day-to-day operations of this place unless you really strain yourself to find examples of it.
This place is dead, but then again the fucking band hasn't been popular since 1998. Why is the fact that it's dead even cause for discussion?

Does anyone disagree with any of the above? Bighead? Everyone else? I've seen this argument go around in circles so long that I'm convinced that there is no argument other than bighead fighting for his pride.

bighead384
02-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Summary:

Those who left created a void that was never really filled, which made the boards a little more boring.
Three and a half fucking years have gone by since then, so while a few people may have left because they missed Sin and ninth's shenanigans so much that this place wasn't fun for them anymore, way way more people probably left because their fucking lives just fucking changed. We'll never be able to prove what the "primary" cause was, so people should stop trying to do so.
The new rules (which aren't new anymore) don't affect the day-to-day operations of this place unless you really strain yourself to find examples of it.
This place is dead, but then again the fucking band hasn't been popular since 1998. Why is the fact that it's dead even cause for discussion?

Does anyone disagree with any of the above? Bighead? Everyone else? I've seen this argument go around in circles so long that I'm convinced that there is no argument other than bighead fighting for his pride.
Close enough. Well, sort of. But yeah.

Little_Miss_1565
02-09-2012, 11:41 AM
You know, new members simply don't feel welcome and don't feel like they can contribute enough to be able to become a "prominent member". When I arrived, I was willing to give time and energy to make interesting threads but you know what ? the "who the fuck is this ?" or "I don't remember anyone who arrived after 2007 LOL !", well, it doesn't make you want to post things.

I just want to say that I've really enjoyed your posts of cogent opinions or just cool shit. I wish I could say the paragraph I've quoted is wrong, but it's not, at all. I feel bummed that some ways of trying to make this place more friendly to new people made it less friendly to some of the old people, and that some people were brats about that, because some of that old shit was hilarious, even years later. But I'm glad that you and people like you came along.

Also: I applaud Treez.

coke_a_holic
02-09-2012, 03:36 PM
GUYS DID THE BBS DIED I'M REALLY CONFUSED THANkS

yarock
02-09-2012, 04:00 PM
'04-'12 THE MIGHTY BIGHEAD PuT AN END TO THIS NONSENSE FINALLY RT PLS

mrconeman
02-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Mad props to Treez, straight reppin' bro. 1337 five. sickening bbs genetics bro

And yeah, Harley, you're one of the few "new" members who's posts I actually read (I literally read the board by skipping avatars I don't recognise sometimes). I remember your contributions to the bbs podcast, and you've said some interesting things. If there was a 1337 you'd totally be in it.

omg coneman y r u sucking up 2 sarah by basikully cloning her exact post.

/In before bighead.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-09-2012, 07:42 PM
"The world is flat, lol"

Hahaha I appreciate your effort in creating that analogy even if Bighead didn't. My day was rather boring, so you made my day.

nevo
02-10-2012, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's dead. Sure, nobody really talks about anything, but there isn't a single day that I don't check for new posts, as I'm sure hundreds of others do.

The new album will give us plenty to talk/rage/cry/fap about.

samseby
02-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Remind me again: Why would anyone want to become a "prominent member"? Jeez ... it's not like this is the one and only "important" thing in life ... well unless your life is the/a BBS that is ;)

Llamas
02-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Hahaha I appreciate your effort in creating that analogy even if Bighead didn't. My day was rather boring, so you made my day.

Haha thanks! Glad someone appreciated it :)

Rag Doll
02-10-2012, 02:29 PM
This is the fight that never ends...yes it goes on and on, my friends....some idiot started arguing because it's what he does....and he'll be arguing forever just because this is the fight that never ends....yes it................etc...

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Funny and true^

bighead384
02-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Angry intellectuals and big city liberals lie to themselves.

Also: http://frogma.blogspot.com/2008/11/elitist-big-city-liberal-food-or.html

Little_Miss_1565
02-10-2012, 05:51 PM
If anyone's angry here, it's you. Angry anti-intellectual?

bighead384
02-10-2012, 05:57 PM
If anyone's angry here, it's you. Angry anti-intellectual?

Intellectual big city liberal types are full of hate. Everyone knows this.

Has anyone met a big city liberal intellectual type that could legitimately be described as "nice"?

And they're always mad in general: "Oh man, I was so pissed off last night at the bar because my new friend says he's somewhat uncomfortable with transexuals. What an asshole! I'm not used to interacting with people like that".

BTW, I always imagine 1565 to have the demeanor and tone of Daria.

LOL.

Intellectuals have attacked my character. I MUST attack back. I MUST come out on top and show them all!

Little_Miss_1565
02-10-2012, 06:09 PM

This is the first thing you've ever said that's even close to the truth. But considering how you stalk the photos in my profile, I'm sure it was an educated guess.

bighead384
02-10-2012, 06:10 PM
this is the first thing you've ever said that's even close to the truth. But considering how you stalk the photos in my profile, i'm sure it was an educated guess.

how'd you know?!??!?!?!

Little_Miss_1565
02-10-2012, 06:15 PM
I'd point out how obvious it's been, but I wouldn't want you to accuse me of being "intellectual" for figuring things out. Don't be mad, bro.

bighead384
02-10-2012, 06:18 PM
I'd point out how obvious it's been, but I wouldn't want you to accuse me of being "intellectual" for figuring things out. Don't be mad, bro.

Yeah whatever Daria.

jacknife737
02-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Summary:

Not to mention that in the age of facebook, twitter, google+, ect, bbs's probably seem a little old fashioned to a lot of potential new members.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-10-2012, 08:17 PM
^Good point as well.

And here I thought I mercifully killed this wretched thread.

Anyway... 1337 fives and upping of teh repz to all who gave a brotha props.

Baldwin
02-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Firstly, I didn't trawl all the way through this piece of shit thread because it devolved into pretty mindless faggotry at about a page in. But 1565's comments urged me to respond.

Secondly, bighead is a cunt.

I never left because of those shitty rules changes. I didn't like them, to be sure, but I was bored with this place for fucking ages before those rule changes came in. All they did was spur me to make my super-awesome dramatic "I'm leaving fags" thread, which everybody loved. The only person to actually get in a gigantic hissyfit over them was HornyPope, and I think that was more about losing his enviable position as Politics Co-Moderator.

Since you can all agree the board sucks because the greatest person (me) to ever grace it with their (my) presence left, the rule changes have fuck-all to do with it turning shitty. It was going shitty before the changes, and it continued that slow decline into general shittiness pretty much unaltered by anything 1565 did or didn't do.

Now, I'm not saying that 1565 wasn't occasionally responsible for some questionable faggotry that gave me cause to raise an eyebrow (sauvely, in the Sean-Connery style, but I'm sure you guessed that already). She was. But more importantly than that, she's been a consistant fucking boon to this board, which is more than I can say for myself, and much more than I can say for the utterly miserable pieces of subhuman detritus who drag it down into abject fucking awfulness like dead and rotting albatrosses hung around it's doomed fucking neck. And yes, I'm talking about bighead. I'm pretty much talking only about bighead, here.

1565, you were the first person I ever talked to on these boards, back in the old red'n'white days. You were the first person I ever got to first-name-basis with, and you rebuked me for publicly posting your name on the board, so if I seem overly formal here, that's why ; I'm calling you "1565" instead of by your first name because I remember a minor and forgettable thing you once said around fourteen fucking years ago, because despite any arguments and disagreements we've had, I still think you're the fucking cat's pajamas, and I still care about you in a faggy, pathetic, unmanly way that I'll deny as soon as the gin wears off. If I knew you actually felt the way you did about these changes and the board dying off, I'd have been marginally less of a cunt to you.

Also, literally nobody would complain if you banned bighead permanently. He's a cunt.

bighead384
02-13-2012, 11:45 AM
You've just made the same basic argument about the reasons for the decline of the board that I did. I've gotten pages and pages of pushback, despite my initial claim being right, as you and I both know. So how's it my fault? That's like saying that black Americans caused a lot of violence and ruckus when they demanded civil rights. I've seen this same thing from Baldwin before actually. It's like he can never disagree with the mods or the "1337" without putting himself into his own distinct category.

Baldwin
02-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Who the fuck was talking to you?

Don't address me again without explicit invitation.

bighead384
02-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Who the fuck was talking to you?

Don't address me again without explicit invitation.

This is such a pathetically lame comment.

Little_Miss_1565
02-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Except, Bighead, that Justin can form a cogent thought without being a complete and total asshole. And in the event he is a complete and total asshole, he can do it in a way that's funny and entertaining and not childish and ridiculous. Also, don't write on my profile anymore and then claim I'm the one pursuing you with harassment.

And wow, Justin. I really appreciate you saying all that. And I have no memory of being upset at you calling me by name here, probably because this occurred (oh jesus god) 14 years ago. I've felt really weird, for lack of a better term, for my role in the boards here, between trying to make things more awesome for a band that's meant a lot to me, and trying to keep things that made it awesome for the people who made this forum so important to me. Because I got so much personal blowback (and, in the case of Bighead/endlest0m/his friends, deeply personalized and threatening blowback) from it, I had no idea how to handle or process it and frequently handled and processed it badly. This has resulted in friendships I've valued going straight to hell and board "faggotry" on my part. I'd like to think I've worked a lot of that out over the last 5 years, but that's not for me to say.

bighead384
02-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Except, Bighead, that Justin can form a cogent thought without being a complete and total asshole. And in the event he is a complete and total asshole, he can do it in a way that's funny and entertaining and not childish and ridiculous.
It's funny you should say this when YOU were the one who was originally insulting in this thread. And it's not like the fact that you don't like how I've made my point gives you a permit to continue to insist on something that is incorrect for pages and pages.

Also, I'm liking how on one hand, 1565 will claim that me and some others are so ridiculous that we don't deserve to even be taken seriously. But on the other hand, the comments we made apparently affected her so deeply and personally that they caused her to enact bad policy. That's fucking ridiculous and makes no sense whatsoever.

Baldwin
02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
I should have said it a long time ago. We should catch up sometime on some other medium than this wretched board, so I can sexually harrass you and pester you with requests to ban people I don't like, like the old days. Do you use msn?

Also, you were reeeally bitchy about it when I used your name. Like, horrible bitchy. You made me cry for days and everything. You ought to do something special to make it up to me (sex or banning bighead).

edit ; Shut up Maria, you are a HAPPY UNICORN.

Little_Miss_1565
02-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Maria, you cannot simultaneously dish out abuse upon others and then demand I protect you from the same coming back upon you. Pick one and I'll help.

Bighead, your abuse did not cause me to make bad policy but rather bad reactions. There's a big difference, but I wouldn't want you to accuse me of being too big-city intellectual.

Justin, I'm on AIM but no MSN. Though I think I might still have an MSN account somewhere...I'll check on that.

mrconeman
02-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Also, literally nobody would complain if you banned bighead permanently. He's a cunt.
I cannot stress this enough. I literally cannot show enough support for this comment, there isn't enough support that I can give, that this comment deserves.

Especially the part about him being a cunt. Oh and the part about banning him permanently. The part about nobody caring is really good too.

bighead384
02-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Bighead, your abuse did not cause me to make bad policy but rather bad reactions. There's a big difference, but I wouldn't want you to accuse me of being too big-city intellectual.There's no denying that there's a difference. The question is: Is this particular difference relevant in this case? To non-crazy people, the answer is: No

1565, Baldwin called me a "French cunt", yet I did not formerly "dish out abuse upon him".
QFT.

Little_Miss_1565
02-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Bighead, I genuinely don't have any idea what the fuck you're talking about, so I can only assume you've completely misunderstood what I said to Justin. I was talking about previous behaviors of mine.

Maria, you pick on others unprovoked all the time. As though Isolated Fury said anything to you that would warrant you asking him to post photos of his wife so you could laugh at him. If you want me to stop people from attacking you, stop attacking others. It's really difficult to defend someone who's always on the attack.

Cone, Justin, stop tempting.

bighead384
02-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Bighead, I genuinely don't have any idea what the fuck you're talking about, so I can only assume you've completely misunderstood what I said to Justin. I was talking about previous behaviors of mine.
Yeah sure Daria.

Llamas
02-13-2012, 03:41 PM
like the old days. Do you use msn?
I lol'd. Please tell me this was intentional.

You ought to do something special to make it up to me (sex or banning bighead).
I vote for the second option, because it would benefit me.

*A post where she included a random photo of herself out of nowhere, and any other posts she deleted in this thread*
Wtf, woman. Legit crazy.

I cannot stress this enough. I literally cannot show enough support for this comment, there isn't enough support that I can give, that this comment deserves.

Especially the part about him being a cunt. Oh and the part about banning him permanently. The part about nobody caring is really good too.

I like and support this post.

Isolated Fury
02-13-2012, 03:57 PM
This board just got a billion times more interesting since "Baldwin" showed up.

bighead384
02-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Wtf, woman. Legit crazy.

Funny you should say that. Isolated Fury said he did not want to be party to Duskygrin's murdering, raping, etc. Baldwin BEFORE she asked him to post a pic of his wife. A clearly spiteful act to which she retaliated within reason.

Little_Miss_1565
02-13-2012, 04:24 PM
I never liked studying middle eastern politics in school, and don't feel like getting into a who-said-what-first-to-whom he-said-she-said back and forth. If you choose to live by the sword, y'all, expect to die by it. Just sayin'.

Yeah sure Daria.

Siq burn, dogg

Isolated Fury
02-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Funny you should say that. Isolated Fury said he did not want to be party to Duskygrin's murdering, raping, etc. Baldwin BEFORE she asked him to post a pic of his wife. A clearly spiteful act to which she retaliated within reason.
Spiteful? Who on Earth is this Baldwin? I was talking about a very close friend of mine from the war. He mentioned knowing about a message board for a paperclip website. I was simply frightened for his well being.

bighead384
02-13-2012, 04:31 PM
I never liked studying middle eastern politics in school, and don't feel like getting into a who-said-what-first-to-whom he-said-she-said back and forth. If you choose to live by the sword, y'all, expect to die by it. Just sayin'.

Cough Cop Out Cough.

What's "the sword" here? Being a miserable big-city intellectual who tries to antagonize people without owning up to it? LOL.

I love this gem of mine about big city-intellectuals that went unnoticed:
"Oh man, I was so pissed off last night at the bar because my new friend says he's somewhat uncomfortable with transexuals. What an asshole! I'm not used to having people like that in my life".
Well...I had to slightly edit it from the original.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Oh Christ oh fuck oh Christ oh fuck why why why

Next time anyone accuses 1565 of being a "tyrant" or anything of the sort, consider this: moderators on nearly EVERY other message board I have ever visited would have locked this abominable thread at least 4 times over. FACT.

big-city intellectual
This is seriously the lamest insult I've ever seen and my eyes hurt whenever you regurgitate it. Come up with something halfway original, at least.

killer_queen
02-13-2012, 04:45 PM

Actually I'm with bighead on this one. I'm not talking about this time but whenever Maria shows up on boards people call her a cunt or a frog, just because they feel like they should and when she attacks, for a reason or not, they act like victims and cry about it like they have never seen any mean behavior on the boards. I endorse insulting and making ruthless fun of people if you can take it like a man when the same thing is done to you.

Little_Miss_1565
02-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Maria, if we can move forward now where anyone who attacks you will get it but you'll also get it if you attack someone, then I'm game. Yes?

0r4ng3
02-13-2012, 11:45 PM
I don't have anything really to contribute, but isn't it ironic that this one thread that points out that things aren't how they used to be became the closest thing to how things used to be in months or maybe even years? I'm feeling downright nostalgic right now just skimming through it all.

Harleyquiiinn
02-14-2012, 01:48 AM
I don't have anything really to contribute, but isn't it ironic that this one thread that points out that things aren't how they used to be became the closest thing to how things used to be in months or maybe even years? I'm feeling downright nostalgic right now just skimming through it all.

Really ? and you think this was better ? :confused:

samseby
02-14-2012, 05:21 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gkFCFmfjvvw/TfisLQpSH4I/AAAAAAAAALQ/U0phNdEL7lk/s400/stress+reduction.jpg

Isolated Fury
02-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Speakin' da troof!

Whoever this Baldwin fellow is should post more often. He seems to have this uncanny ability to offer a legitimate argument full of facts and citations while being a raucous asshole. He has a confident, sophisticated manner without the arrogance that comes with higher education environments. He certainly reminds me of someone...

Baldwin
02-14-2012, 09:36 AM
This [big city intellectual] is seriously the lamest insult I've ever seen and my eyes hurt whenever you regurgitate it. Come up with something halfway original, at least.

Really? I quite like it. I'm not saying it's got merit as a biting insult, or that it does credit to bighead. I just like seeing it. It's got a real "we all don't take kindly to y'all big city intellectual types, with your miscegenation and your desegregation and your evolution-teachin' and your purty mouths" kinda feel to it. Gets me in the mood to duel banjas, lynch nigras, drop a 'teenth in my jar o' 'shine and assrape Ned Beatty.

bighead384
02-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Really? I quite like it. I'm not saying it's got merit as a biting insult, or that it does credit to bighead. I just like seeing it. It's got a real "we all don't take kindly to y'all big city intellectual types, with your miscegenation and your desegregation and your evolution-teachin' and your purty mouths" kinda feel to it. Gets me in the mood to duel banjas, lynch nigras, drop a 'teenth in my jar o' 'shine and assrape Ned Beatty.
Rednecks are known to hate big city intellectuals, but honestly, who doesn't? For all they claim to know, they're miserable and uninspiring people who do little good.

I think it's kind of creepy that they have all these pet causes, but aren't inspired to simply be pleasant human beings that don't completely write someone off for say, claiming they are somewhat uncomfortable around transexuals or something like that (not that that's something to be proud of, it's just a reality of our time). They just walk around being a miserable Daria, lol. From a perspective of motivation, I find that very weird. So I just assume that these people are actually just angry, hateful people who have been taught to think a certain way, and can't think outside of their box, per se. And they go to message boards to take out their frustration on people who don't support or don't fully support these progressive ideas, lol.

P.S. Being a vegetarian rules. And so does actually being nice.

Baldwin
02-14-2012, 10:11 AM
So what you're saying is ; the only reason 1565 isn't taking her bitter hateful frustration out on me is because I'm a living, breathing fount of over-educated liberalism and socially-progressive thinking, just like she is?

Try again.

Little_Miss_1565
02-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Only big city intellectuals are vegetarian. Everyone knows that.

bighead384
02-14-2012, 10:20 AM
So what you're saying is ; the only reason 1565 isn't taking her bitter hateful frustration out on me is because I'm a living, breathing fount of over-educated liberalism and socially-progressive thinking, just like she is?

Try again.
It's got nothing to do with you. There are many dynamics that could come into play to explain why you are accepted here, and I don't even care to take a stab at it. I'm just talking about big city intellectuals in general. And why pretty much everyone hates them.

Baldwin
02-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Pretty much everyone who happens to have less than twenty teeth and is stockpiling AK's for the race war, you mean?

mario_spaghettio
02-14-2012, 10:40 AM
I think "Big City Liberals" is a better term. Calling these puppets intellectual gives them too much credit. They like to fashion themselves as progressive and worldly but in reality they are close minded and sheltered. They follow a predetermined path and live in a bubble. A bubble in Manhattan or San Francisco is still just a bubble.

Isolated Fury
02-14-2012, 10:48 AM
There are many dynamics that could come into play to explain why you are accepted here...
Maybe because he has more integrity, personality, and intelligence than you'll ever have.

That, and the fact that he has run the show here for years.

bighead384
02-14-2012, 11:03 AM
I think "Big City Liberals" is a better term. Calling these puppets intellectual gives them too much credit. They like to fashion themselves as progressive and worldly but in reality they are close minded and sheltered. They follow a predetermined path and live in a bubble. A bubble in Manhattan or San Francisco is still just a bubble.

LOL: http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111114101926AArL5j8

Since big city liberals hate us rural folks so much, why do they beg for our crops?
what if us uneducated rural people just stopped selling food to anyone not rural.I would love to see them big city fat slobs lose about 50 pounds.

Jakebert
02-14-2012, 11:09 AM
So I read the first 3 pages of this and then skipped to hear. Interesting turn this thread took.

Also I forgot to post here for like a month. Sup.

Llamas
02-14-2012, 02:44 PM
LOL: http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111114101926AArL5j8
LOL that IS hilarious! Hasn't that guy ever seen health stats by county? Big cities usually have the leanest people, as compared with rural areas. Also, when I was still living in the US, I got all my food at co-ops whose food came from organic farms run by a bunch of ecological hippies. Oh snap!

Rednecks are known to hate big city intellectuals, but honestly, who doesn't? For all they claim to know, they're miserable and uninspiring people who do little good.

I think it's kind of creepy that they have all these pet causes, but aren't inspired to simply be pleasant human beings that don't completely write someone off for say, claiming they are somewhat uncomfortable around transexuals or something like that (not that that's something to be proud of, it's just a reality of our time). They just walk around being a miserable Daria, lol. From a perspective of motivation, I find that very weird. So I just assume that these people are actually just angry, hateful people who have been taught to think a certain way, and can't think outside of their box, per se. And they go to message boards to take out their frustration on people who don't support or don't fully support these progressive ideas, lol.
So, who exactly on this bbs are the "big city intellectuals", and can you tell me what they do for a living and what their life goals are?

Isolated Fury
02-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Integrity? INTEGRITY? You're talking about a man who will manipulate facts and figures and concepts, simply with a view to humiliating others on a message board (on an offspring bbs, fancy that). You're talking about a man who would not ever shrink from an opportunity to wipe his boots on you if he saw fit, who would sell his own grandmother - if anybody wanted her - in order to make himself look grander in a stupid argument, and belittle others while so doing. Who would readily ignore misconceptions his "friends" could make - even though he may be fully aware of them - just because they are, well, his "friends" - that is, on a public message board. Stuff he could and should pm, he'll be excessively vocal and public about. And so on, and so forth. I don't have to make a list of his deceitful, dirty little ways, do I. Every post of his is a shining example of how rotten he can be.

That he's entertaining, amusing, even funny at times - in short, a bit of a clown - I shall not deny.

But the only reason you're mentioning his "integrity" is because you, yourself, have none. And haven't you already shown that, to the full extent of your pathetic abilities? Haven't you, hey, fibber?
This made me rofl a little bit.

So, who exactly on this bbs are the "big city intellectuals", and can you tell me what they do for a living and what their life goals are?
And I would love to see this. The answers are going to be amazing.

bighead384
02-14-2012, 02:53 PM

Definitely not the 1337. They are all the kind of people that just make ya wanna get up and DO! Or brighten someone's day up!
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12700000/Daria-daria-12758422-1680-1050.jpg
"I fucking HATE how only like 0.9% of the population has the tolerance and intelligence that I can actually respect. Thank god I live in the city."

mrconeman
02-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Who are the 1337?

Llamas
02-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Definitely not the 1337. They are all the kind of people that just make ya wanna get up and DO! Or brighten someone's day up!

And who exactly are these 1337? Please list usernames.

bighead384
02-14-2012, 03:01 PM
And who exactly are these 1337? Please list usernames.

Hold on, I have to think of the ones that perfectly typify the stereotype so that you can't pick them apart and gain the upper-hand in the argument.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Oh hey, look, it's Daria. I didn't laugh the first seven times, but something about it being the eighth Daria reference in the thread made it hilarious!

T-6005
02-14-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm a big-city intellectual. I'm also a nice person and, as I recall, was one of the few to say that you got too much flak, bighead.

Maybe you have an issue of not realizing when you paint over multiple individuals with the same brush. "I'm not saying black people don't tip well, but I've never seen a black person tip well." You have this tendency of leaving things there, as if the observation explains itself. Where are you seeing these people? why are you aware of their tips? What kind of restaurant is it? If you are their waiter, are you terrible at your job?

That's all being a 'big-city' intellectual is about these days - it's about fighting people for the right to include context in your discussion, and the suggestion that maybe not everything distills down to 'those two times you saw something happen.' It's not about hating the 'rurals' or people of different political bents. It's about asking them to explain why they feel the way they do, and being aggressively insulted when people are unable to do so.

I'm always surprised by how things so quickly devolve into being caustic and insulting with you.

And they do. I don't think you should pretend like they don't.

"I think that this is true."
"Well, it isn't. This is actually what happened."
"No, I think like you're hinging too much on what someone might have said. This is definitely true."
"Bighead, I'm pretty sure it didn't happen this way. And I know where this is going, but do you have proof?"
"I don't need proof. I'm right. God, why are you all always in agreement with each other, do you have to be so PC? You're such a bunch of assholes about stuff like this."
"I think we're just going to go around in circles here, this discussion is pointless."
"Listen, I'm not saying you're a bitch, but you're a total psycho nazi cunt, which is completely different. It's just my point of view, but I don't see how you can disagree with my original point. It's like you all just agree on everything now."

Rendition is admittedly an exaggeration.

I figured it was just a phase... and maybe it is. Maybe it's just a long, long phase. But if any of us ever managed to talk to Justin for more than five seconds, I don't see how you find it so impossible not to pre-characterize our remarks based on... what? Our 'similar' (but completely different) backgrounds? Our 'advanced' (but not in the least interrelated) levels of education? Living in a city with above two million people, which by the way is awesome? What exactly do you see to make us into a group? Do you live in a fantasy world where we all agree with each other? Because if that's the case, I'd like to emigrate to your vision of our BBS fantasy utopia.

T-6005
02-14-2012, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5EnvTXZ2Jg

Tooting one's own horn, much?

Sure, why not. If I'm one of the people to actual fall under bighead's definition of someone who lives in a big city with generally liberal tendencies and who is generally involved in reading and thinking about issues (however unsuccessfully), why would I lie about it?

As to whether you think I'm characterizing myself as an 'intellectual' as some sort of existential category, then no. Perhaps someday, but I'm still working my way through many of the stumbling blocks along the way.

bighead384
02-14-2012, 03:26 PM
@T-6005: The stuff I'm saying doesn't apply to everyone who has established themselves as an "intellectual" on these boards. In fact, I don't consider you to be one those people. Unlike others, your behavior doesn't leave me with this...question of motivation.

I'm a fairly angry person, admittedly. I try to be aware of things that might affect my judgment. That's all I can say about the rest of your post.

Random side comment: Can you imagine any of the more snobby, pretentious intellectual types on this board having a laugh about one of their less favorable character traits every so often? I can't. Like, at all. Just seems like there's something...unnatural about that. There's something seriously wrong with some of the people that post on these boards. I don't want them going through life thinking they are "society's best hope" or something like that.

Llamas
02-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Hold on, I have to think of the ones that perfectly typify the stereotype so that you can't pick them apart and gain the upper-hand in the argument.

So where's that list?

Little_Miss_1565
02-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Wait, I'm sorry, am I supposed to be insulted by repeated Daria-izing? Even though it was my nickname through high school and I still get people asking me if I remember Daria? Even though it's something I embrace? Oh, shit I guess I better get on that.

Rooster
02-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Wow, 22 pages?

mrconeman
02-14-2012, 04:20 PM
6 if you know how to akrite.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Wow, 22 pages?

11 for me :)

02-14-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm making my way through a bunch of unread posts in this thread, and I'm sorry, I'm sure you've been through this already, but

Intellectual big city liberal types are full of hate. Everyone knows this.

Has anyone met a big city liberal intellectual type that could legitimately be described as "nice"?

And they're always mad in general: "Oh man, I was so pissed off last night at the bar because my new friend says he's somewhat uncomfortable with transexuals. What an asshole! I'm not used to interacting with people like that".

LOL.

Intellectuals have attacked my character. I MUST attack back. I MUST come out on top and show them all!
Ladies and gentlemen, from the author of "I still hate people": the single most hilarious post ever written in the history of the internet.

02-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Justin, remember when I took the script to Clerks, changed the character names and convinced you I'd written it?

WebDudette
02-15-2012, 12:29 AM
I love Daria.

Harleyquiiinn
02-15-2012, 01:53 AM
I love Daria.

You big city intellectual !

I always preferred Jane which was actually my nickname in highschool.

WebDudette
02-15-2012, 02:09 AM
You big city intellectual !

I meant the show in general, but I do probably like Daria more than Jane. I love Trent though, just about every thing Trent says is hilarious.

Baldwin
02-15-2012, 06:25 AM
bighead, for somebody from South Jersey, aren't you claiming a little too much rural pride? Isn't your entire state pretty much one great big city?

Integrity? INTEGRITY? You're talking about a man who will manipulate facts and figures and concepts, simply with a view to humiliating others on a message board (on an offspring bbs, fancy that). You're talking about a man who would not ever shrink from an opportunity to wipe his boots on you if he saw fit, who would sell his own grandmother - if anybody wanted her - in order to make himself look grander in a stupid argument, and belittle others while so doing. Who would readily ignore misconceptions his "friends" could make - even though he may be fully aware of them - just because they are, well, his "friends" - that is, on a public message board. Stuff he could and should pm, he'll be excessively vocal and public about. And so on, and so forth. I don't have to make a list of his deceitful, dirty little ways, do I. Every post of his is a shining example of how rotten he can be.

That he's entertaining, amusing, even funny at times - in short, a bit of a clown - I shall not deny.

But the only reason you're mentioning his "integrity" is because you, yourself, have none. And haven't you already shown that, to the full extent of your pathetic abilities? Haven't you, hey, fibber?

Glad to see that the whole "stop attacking others and the mods will stop others from attacking you" deal didn't last very long, since it was all that was standing between you and being called a cunt. Maria, you're a cunt.

Llamas
02-15-2012, 07:39 AM
And if you do live in rural Jersey, bighead, maybe you should consider moving to the Big City (you don't have to become smart, don't worry), because with how angry you are and how you hate people, this can't be good for you: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/09/study_finds_rural_new_jersey_h.html

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Wow. Now I'm almost agreeing with Bighead on the big city thing. Something about living in one kinda makes you lose your sense of reality. I know a lot of really "down to earth" country and small town people, but none from the city.

Llamas
02-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Wow. Now I'm almost agreeing with Bighead on the big city thing. Something about living in one kinda makes you lose your sense of reality. I know a lot of really "down to earth" country and small town people, but none from the city.

I can't say I've ever lived in what I think of as the "big city" (like, over a million people), but I know what you're getting at. I think that's part of why I refuse to live in such huge cities, and prefer medium-sized ones. I do know people from big cities who are down to earth and decent people, but there are a lot more arrogant, rude, know-it-all people there than in villages and such. I don't ever want to live in either, actually. I don't "hate" big city liberals, though, as I do know plenty who are great people. There's just a higher percentage of douchebags in such places. :P

By the way, this was fascinating to me. A "what would you do?" special, with gay parents, tested both in rural Texas and Brooklyn, NY.
I don't have time right now to check them, but I believe this is the Brooklyn one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3kBvLAGpbU) and this is the Texas one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhl9MLno424).

XYlophonetreeZ
02-15-2012, 08:24 AM

Vote Rick Santorum!

Isolated Fury
02-15-2012, 09:27 AM
And if you do live in rural Jersey, bighead, maybe you should consider moving to the Big City (you don't have to become smart, don't worry), because with how angry you are and how you hate people, this can't be good for you: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/09/study_finds_rural_new_jersey_h.html
Hey, bighead, does your garage have rafters?

bighead384
02-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Wow. Someone saying I deserve to be shot, and TWO people implying (directly or indirectly) that I should commit suicide.

u mad bro?

Christ, I've got some anger, but I have hope that people can change for the better. Seems like some of y'all LIKE finding reasons to hate people. That, more or less, is the difference.

BTW: Boy were you guys WRONG about the rule change being this huge deal. Just thought I'd remind you. Lol. u mad bro?

Baldwin
02-15-2012, 10:16 AM
So, bighead, where you from? A big city, right?

By the way, this was fascinating to me. A "what would you do?" special, with gay parents, tested both in rural Texas and Brooklyn, NY.
I don't have time right now to check them, but I believe this is the Brooklyn one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3kBvLAGpbU) and this is the Texas one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhl9MLno424).

Didn't surprise me at all. I saw it as an issue of politeness, not tolerance. For all their liberal bullshit, New Yorkers are the most arrogant, uncaring, mannerless cunts to ever be shat onto the world, while Texans put a huge cultural importance on politeness, manners and hospitality. I wouldn't be surprised if a fair few of the Texans who spoke up against the actress actually agreed with what she was saying, but were appalled at her lack of tact and manners.

Personally, I wouldn't have said anything. Taking a moral stand might make you feel warm and fuzzy, but not having your food shat in makes you feel even better.

Little_Miss_1565
02-15-2012, 10:41 AM

My best friend from high school was Jane! It's something we still laugh about. :)

Oh cool, hey Maria, that lasted what, a whole day? I give the fuck up. Seriously.

Personally, I wouldn't have said anything. Taking a moral stand might make you feel warm and fuzzy, but not having your food shat in makes you feel even better.

Also, I'm glad that two heavily edited news pieces designed to fit someone else's hypothesis speak for the whole internet.

mario_spaghettio
02-15-2012, 10:53 AM
For what it's worth, it seemed as though most of the Texans that stood up for the couples were actually gay themselves.

mario_spaghettio
02-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Also, I'm glad that two heavily edited news pieces designed to fit someone else's hypothesis speak for the whole internet.Face it, big city liberals are self absorbed, arrogant phonies.

Little_Miss_1565
02-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Face it, big city liberals are self absorbed, arrogant phonies.

Funny, so are trolls.

bighead384
02-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Oh cool, hey Maria, that lasted what, a whole day? I give the fuck up. Seriously.
So you're counting this as an attack even though it isn't just so you make Maria look bad? LOL. I'd call it a "stretch" to consider that post as one that crosses the line, but it's not even close enough to even be considered a stretch. :D

And no Baldwin, I'm not from a big city. And it's funny that you think all of New Jersey is urban. This map went viral earlier this Winter:http://www.therightperspective.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/New_Jersey_Map-591x1024.jpg

The map keeps showing up properly, then disappearing. Here's a link: http://www.therightperspective.org/2011/12/10/new-jersey-map-goes-viral/

mario_spaghettio
02-15-2012, 12:18 PM
For what it's worth, it seemed as though most of the Texans that stood up for the couples were actually gay themselves.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVC8Y4aJdc

Little_Miss_1565
02-15-2012, 12:30 PM
So you're counting this as an attack even though it isn't just so you make Maria look bad? LOL. I'd call it a "stretch" to consider that post as one that crosses the line, but it's not even close enough to even be considered a stretch. :D

Thankfully, I don't use what you consider to be an attack or not as a yardstick by which any other swipe is measured.

bighead384
02-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Thankfully, I don't use what you consider to be an attack or not as a yardstick by which any other swipe is measured.
Nice try. You're being ridiculous here and anyone thinking clearly knows it.

Edit (Again): I thought the issue was "flaming" and not merely an "attack". There's a big difference as far as the rules go. Yet, you're acting like you're having a conversation about the rules without properly distinguishing between the two.

Isolated Fury
02-15-2012, 02:21 PM
... Not realising that what was unfunny then has become completely fucking pathetic, now.
Hahaha. No, I'm very aware. Didn't I say you were pathetic a couple days ago? Your logic.

02-15-2012, 02:27 PM
NO MORE HOPE for BETTER DAYS :( :( :(

Little_Miss_1565
02-15-2012, 03:54 PM
I don't think I'm only speaking for myself when I say I'm completely fucking tired of the both of you complaining that people are shitty to you when all you do is shit on others. I don't feel like being used, sorry.

bighead384
02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
I don't think I'm only speaking for myself when I say I'm completely fucking tired of the both of you complaining that people are shitty to you when all you do is shit on others. I don't feel like being used, sorry.
Again, you fail to acknowledge that the people on this board that you consider near perfect beings have a habit of antagonizing people for entertainment, and then trying to talk their way out of it. EVERY.TIME.

Furthermore, I know you realized you had no argument, so you tried to make a generalized point that attempts to brush over the specifics of the problem. Namely, that Maria wasn't anywhere near flaming.

What kind of weird asshole do you have to be to convince yourself that I didn't just tell the truth right now?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUZ5gGO0_Pw

Little_Miss_1565
02-15-2012, 04:24 PM
No, Bighead, it's that trying to present any sort of argument to you is an entirely pointless endeavor, since you can't hear anyone speak but yourself. My name isn't Sisyphus, so I put my energy to use where it can actually do something.

I have not even one single solitary fuck to give about what you think of me. Sorry not sorry.

Llamas
02-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Also, I'm glad that two heavily edited news pieces designed to fit someone else's hypothesis speak for the whole internet.

Whoa, what?? I said it was "fascinating"... in that, they surprised me and went against what I expected. Where on EARTH did I say it speaks for the internet or anything of that sort?? :-/

bighead384
02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
No, Bighead, it's that trying to present any sort of argument to you is an entirely pointless endeavor, since you can't hear anyone speak but yourself. My name isn't Sisyphus, so I put my energy to use where it can actually do something.

I have not even one single solitary fuck to give about what you think of me. Sorry not sorry.

You might not care, but you're still wrong. Can we leave it at that?

02-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Maria I saw your post!

bighead384
02-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Maria I saw your post!
Uh, yeah, it was a sarcastic remark about me not realizing how virtuous a poster Baldwin was.

Baldwin
02-15-2012, 04:58 PM
And no Baldwin, I'm not from a big city. And it's funny that you think all of New Jersey is urban.

So tell me more. I'm interested to know, now. What circumstances exactly do you come from to earn yourself such a burning hatred of big city folks? Are you a cornfed farmboy? Come from coal-mining country? A company-town, servicing a single factory or prison? That's just setting a background for my next question.

Which is, apart from the personality defects you've assigned to them, what exactly have "liberal big city intellectuals" done to you and your people to earn such an irrational hatred that you're unwilling to even give them a fair shake on their own individual merits, but paint them all alike, as some sort of despicable hive-mind working in concert? Do you have good cause to hate these people, or are you just generally hateful, is what I'm asking?

Blah blah blah, I'm an insane cunt... I delete all my posts and demand to be treated special. No matter how obvious it is that my unhinged obsession with certain people makes them uncomfortable, I refuse to amend my ways and continue being an insane, deranged, obsessive fucking cunt.

Sure you do, sweetpea. And if you keep it up I'm guaranteed to forget it all and fall in love with you, eventually.

Isolated Fury
02-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Pap town. (10)

Baldwin
02-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Stop with the old jokes already. We get it, you're old.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-15-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm at the point where I'm not even bothering to read the long paragraphs anymore. Also, this has gone so far off from the original argument. Now it's more like an insult war.

Isolated Fury
02-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Omg. I can't believe I just got yelled at. I should go delete all of my posts, lay low for a while, and come back in a blaze of glory.

An that was more of a prediction than a laughable joke. I'm expecting biggie to end up being in the exact opposite habitat than he's advocating.

bighead384
02-15-2012, 05:23 PM
So tell me more. I'm interested to know, now. What circumstances exactly do you come from to earn yourself such a burning hatred of big city folks? Are you a cornfed farmboy? Come from coal-mining country? A company-town, servicing a single factory or prison? That's just setting a background for my next question.

Which is, apart from the personality defects you've assigned to them, what exactly have "liberal big city intellectuals" done to you and your people to earn such an irrational hatred that you're unwilling to even give them a fair shake on their own individual merits, but paint them all alike, as some sort of despicable hive-mind working in concert? Do you have good cause to hate these people, or are you just generally hateful, is what I'm asking?
I'm from a suburb about 15 miles from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I don't hate big city folks in general at all. I just don't have much respect for the kind of tools that the website "stuff white people like" is based on. I guess "big city liberals" is the closest name I know of that describes that certain annoying stereotype.

It seems to be a phenomenon that many people have noted that there is a certain groupthink that occurs among "big city liberals". The notable thing is that usually conformity and groupthink is associated with stupidity, whereas "big city liberals" are all fairly intelligent.

They're all fags though. I don't want them going through life thinking they're doing the world a favor. They're assholes, they're condescending, and they can't laugh at themselves among other things.

The best use of knowledge and intelligence is to make life better and solve problems. "Big City Liberals" don't seem to really give much of a shit about people. In fact, they have a disdain for anyone who doesn't have the intelligence or progressive views that they have. I honestly think the only thing that motivates them to learn so much is that they've been brainwashed into jumping through academic hoops, and because there is a social incentive amongst the people with whom they associate. Those motivations aren't "normal" to me. And I think it shows in the personalities of, well, some of the people here. They are weird creeps.

Llamas
02-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Pennsylvania, hmm? Isn't that the land of mormons, though?

Anyway, time for beddy-byes.
xx

Amish. Mormons are in Utah.

Baldwin
02-15-2012, 05:46 PM
bighead, you were doing well up until you used the word "all".

As a group, they've done you no personal injury or disservice save having personalities and opinions you find distasteful, yet you can't see your way clear to judging them as individuals, on their own individual merits? See, I can understand blind all-encompassing hatred, if it's got a half-decent motivation behind it. If they closed down your town's rubber sheeting factory or zinc mines on ecological grounds and turned your entire hometown into an unemployed welfare ghetto, I could understand your hatred. Hell, I'd even support it. But you come from a "suburb" 15 miles from a major city... I'm not entirely sure what a suburb on the outskirts of a city entails in New Jersey, whether it's McMansions and gated estates, or a pure white trash ghetto like it would be where I come from, but over here, 15 miles from a city is big-city living, and you'd be considered a big-city person, no matter how white trash or otherwise your suburb might be.

Anyways, since your major complaint about those people is the way they judge and condescend to anyone who doesn't share their worldviews, perhaps you might prove yourself better than them by judging them on their individual merits, rather than judging and condescending them, for not sharing your worldviews.