PDA

View Full Version : Are you aging?

XYlophonetreeZ
02-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I mean, yeah. Of course you are. But you know what I mean. Physically.

Disclaimer: If you're one of the younger BBS members, I don't wanna hear about your pubescent developments stfu.

Anyway, I'm 25 and I started to notice myself aging for the first time about a year ago. For me the most obvious thing is that every morning, the first thing I have to do when I get up is stretch my ankles, or else I'll be limping all day long.

I know that joints are fragile, but I've always heard that knees are usually the first ones to develop problems. Well, my knees are fine, but my ankles completely suck. With my right ankle, it makes total sense because I've sprained it no fewer than three times in my life, and it often cracks when I rotate it. But it's BOTH ankles that suck. I suspect it's a consequence of wearing uncomfortable shoes for too much of my life.

Also, my hairline is starting to recede. I feel that I'm too damn young for this to happen and it pisses me off. I still have plenty of hair, but it grows differently now. I have to get it cut much more frequently because it looks all weird. I have a mole on my forehead that used to be right on my hairline, and now it's about half an inch in front of it. This will not stand. Someone please reply and make me feel like less of an old man.

Rag Doll
02-10-2012, 02:34 PM
My ankles are awful, but they have always been so. My eyesight and hearing are getting worse. Oh, and I'm definitely all "get off my lawn!" and cranky towards everyone. I'm also 25.

My man has a lot of gray and white hair and he's 24. He's gonna be like Anderson cooper. I hope.

Isolated Fury
02-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I get tired.

Sounds simple, but I mean exhausted from a regular day's activity. I'm 24 years old and find myself yawning and "just closing my eyes" by 8:30. And that's not me.

Oh, and I'm driving a lot slower. I find myself (I say 'find myself' because it's like those zoning out while driving moments. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about) driving ten mph under the speed limit a lot. And that's not me, either.

killer_queen
02-10-2012, 02:54 PM
I thought 22 wasn't old but apparently it is. I already have white hair, enough to dye my hair. My skin, which was somewhat oily when I was young, is now super dry, even though I moved somewhere warmer and less dry. And I don't think meeting new people is fun anymore. With this speed I will die by natural causes in a couple of years. I thought these were supposed to be my most energetic and adventerous times, can't say I'm not disappointed.

Llamas
02-10-2012, 04:43 PM
When I straighten my fingers, I see wrinkles in my hands. My eyesight and hearing are getting worse (though my hearing was always bad... but I always have had perfect vision). I get ankle and hip pain now and then. And yeah, I'm always tired. Always. Sleep is no longer rejuvenating for me. But my skin makes me sad :( I don't like wrinkles! I'm 27.

yarock
02-10-2012, 05:19 PM
I have this noises. When I'm sitting or simply lying in bed, if I make a sudden move sometimes a murmur or a yawn comes out of my mouth probably because I feel tired that moment. Totally out of control, worries me sometimes.

WebDudette
02-10-2012, 06:49 PM
24, doing fine, you guys creep the FUCK out of me.

Hahaha, yeah. 21 and this thread kind of scares me.

That said, I gained a shit ton of weight over the winter holidays because I ate a shit ton and then did absolutely nothing. Also, every now and then I hurt the shit out of my back. I get the feeling it has something to do with the weird positions I sleep it.

randman21
02-12-2012, 06:52 PM
It's interesting how things have changed with me in the last few years. I started having weird body issues very early, around the age of nine. Bad groins, knees, back, weak ankles. Now at 26, I won't say all of that got better, but it hasn't got worse yet. I can still run, jump, lift as well as I could ten years ago. The only thing is when I wake up and take my morning leak, and I do the classic pee lean (basically this (http://images.travelpod.com/tw_slides/ta00/9c3/56c/the-curious-peeing-boy-statue-anan.jpg)), the pain is unbearable, and I have to then stand at a very specific angle to make it go away. All the while trying to keep good aim.

Also, most of my life, I would always get remarks that I looked much older than I am (mostly due to early puberty). But somewhere around 21, it completely changed. I still get carded every time I buy booze and no one believes me when I tell them my age. Could be that I dress like a high school freshman, but I'll take it.

mrconeman
02-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I shave more often and that's literally it.
I think I'm kind of lucky, or it's going to hit me all at once in a year or two or something. I haven't noticed any changes since I was around 17/18, I look the same, at least I think so looking at pictures from then and now. I literally can't put weight on, I've tried. I eat like a horse. Not healthy food either.

Good gene pool though, my brother, my mum, and dad, and grandparents on both sides all look pretty young for their age, so I guess that bodes well.

Tired all the fucking time though, I hear you guys on that one. I guess that's nothing really new to me though, I've always been like that.

Lord Phidias
02-13-2012, 02:09 AM
I'm 24 and I'm better than ever.

Harleyquiiinn
02-13-2012, 03:11 AM
The only thing different is the weight thing. I used to have an incredibly stable weight, no matter what I ate but now, I have to be a little bit careful.

I don't think I am more tired but it matters more : I mean I used to don't care and go out anyway. Now, if someone asks me to go out during the week, it has to be for something I really want to do. And even then, I think about how I'm going to be tired the next day if I come home too late.

Anya82
02-16-2012, 04:30 PM
fuck it.
I just turned 30 last week. Shit... time flies by.
I was 23 or 24 when I used to waste most of my day in here.

I feel horribly old whenever I see college students, because I feel it was just 1 or 2 years ago when I was their age and was still studying at uni.

THIRTY! I just can't believe it.

When I see pictures posted by the band I think "DAMN! they're old". And it makes me feel old too, 'cause I remember being a teen and lovin' the band, listening to them all day long.. it just doesn't feel like 16, 17 years had passed.

Changes?
The drinking, the partying, the sleeping thing:
- I used to drink A LOT, now.. I just have a couple of beers and I'm ok. I don't want anymore.
- I liked to party every weekend. Now, I enjoy relaxing at home, going to the movies, dinning, or just having a coffee with friends or my husband. Yes, husband. I'm a Mrs.
- When I was younger, I could stay away all night long. Now, I feel sooo tired and sleepy around 10:30 pm.

Jojan
02-16-2012, 04:58 PM
I am not getting much older, but some people around me are. People are starting to get pregnant and getting married.