JohnnyNemesis
02-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Llamas
02-11-2012, 05:13 PM
:( but I wanted to dance with somebody... :(

mrconeman
02-11-2012, 05:27 PM
I came here specifically to find this thread.

Outerspaceman21
02-11-2012, 06:52 PM
bummer, real bummer.

holland25
02-12-2012, 07:07 AM
We still have Rihanna you racist. :eek:

Wasn't she supposed to die at 27? :eek:

No. We wouldn't have:

and IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Will Always Love UUUUUUUUU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWTaaS7LdU&ob=av2n

That's how you sing, cheap superstar bitches. :eek:

sgjpndbijpbjnfbkjdfjbkjdfbo[jnbo[jneFB wtf!? :mad:

R.I.P

Seriously, what the FUCK?

Llamas
02-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Whoa. Seriously, wtf?

Anyway, to be honest, Whitney died like 10 years ago. This was only the passing of her physical body.

And Adele is her modern-day replacement. Not Rihanna.

Edit: Holy shit, I forgot how bad she got toward the end of her fame... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEmdW3_bi4c&ob=av3e

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Who?

10Characters

Retard
02-12-2012, 12:05 PM
The only songs I've ever heard from her was Dance With Somebody and that dolly parton cover. Oh well. She was kinda a joke near the end of her life.

bighead384
02-12-2012, 12:13 PM
I didn't know shit about her besides her music. I was shocked to find out that she was only 48. I feel like she already sounded middle-aged in the recordings I heard 20 some years ago when I was just a kid.

jacknife737
02-12-2012, 03:00 PM
I was surprised at how few of her songs i could actually name: just the one from the bodyguard and Where Do Broken Hearts Go came to mind.

Llamas
02-12-2012, 03:21 PM
I was surprised at how few of her songs i could actually name: just the one from the bodyguard and Where Do Broken Hearts Go came to mind.

Same. When I saw she died, I was like, "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" and "So Emotional". Then I saw tons of people posting "I Will Always Love You" and I was like, "Oh yeah, that's her, too." And then today I decided to see if I had any of her songs on my computer, and I ended up recognizing that really shitty song from 1998, "Heartbreak Hotel". After all that, I still only know 4 songs from her. Kinda crazy, considering what a legend she supposedly is.

cool 2 hate 681
02-12-2012, 03:28 PM
i only know one song from her

BagOfShenanigans
02-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Whitney Houston is dead,
don't pretend you give a shit,
you mother f***ing hypocrites,
remember what you said she did.
-Jon Lajoie... Sort of.

mrconeman
02-12-2012, 05:27 PM
And Adele is her modern-day replacement.

Naw, Adele is the modern incarnation of Satan.

Llamas
02-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Naw, Adele is the modern incarnation of Satan.

I know you don't care for the music she sings, but... huh?

mrconeman
02-12-2012, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTukkKqws30
I don't think I've ever listened to such a stuck up annoying cunt before.
That. Fucking. Laugh.

edit: ok that's not as infuriating as I remember it being when I watched it on TV. Still, that fucking laugh.

Llamas
02-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Haha wtf, I think you have some weird bias against her, because she's actually quite humble for most of this. She's far less arrogant than most famous musicians... her laugh sucks, but most people can't control their laugh. Can't hate her for that :P

I mean, I think we (as in, most people) have different expectations for men and women when it comes to dealing with fame. We expect men to be a bit cocky and arrogant, but women to be sweet and humble like Lisa Hannigan. Adele is a diva, though, at this point, and you really can't expect her to be a Lisa Hannigan. I'm struggling to come up with a male comparison, because I can't think of any male singers or bands that are way, way at the top right now... except Justin Bieber, and nobody should ever have to be compared to him.

bighead384
02-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Yea, so not that it's any surprise, but unofficial reports are coming out that she died from a combination of pills and alcohol. She was in a bathtub when she died, but drowning has already been ruled out.

Anyway, I initially could only think of a few Whitney Houston songs. But after looking at her list of singles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitney_Houston_discography#Singles

Holy shit. After thinking about it, I'm familiar with almost all her successful singles from before 1996. These songs have melodies that have occasionally popped up into my head for years.