Jojan
02-12-2012, 02:23 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/168806486800211968

Biggest offspring fan
02-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Noticed that. Awsome!

Llamas
02-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Freaking awesome!! Excited for new Offspring!! :)

Zee
02-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Wooh! New album and new tour dates coming somewhat soon! :)

jacknife737
02-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Very nice to hear.

KTILLA23
02-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Sweet! I can't wait to hear it! :D

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-12-2012, 08:37 PM
I would have started a thread,
But I was watching the Walking Dead.

I put them on separate lines to make it look more like poetry.

weezly
02-12-2012, 11:45 PM
i am so excited!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh!! this is just like when rafrag came out!!

Defender
02-13-2012, 01:20 AM
At last! I am waiting for the first single..

ad8
02-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Very nice! Also a very smart move from the guys... now people who complain about the album not coming out will have to blame the label :rolleyes:

Tijs
02-13-2012, 04:25 AM
This is great! Can't wait to hear the new stuff, new videos, all of that!

samseby
02-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Nice. :)

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/812930/susan-boyle-thumbs-up.jpg

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
02-13-2012, 07:54 AM
About time

Lord_Gabo
02-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Finally a good news!

Bejka
02-13-2012, 08:22 AM
I don'k know if we can trust him :p I will not believe until at least one song will be out. And some short video about recording would be nice :o

bighead384
02-13-2012, 08:28 AM
So if the rest of the album process is of average length, how long will it be before it's out? Or before the first single (that hope isn't You Will Find a Way) is out?

jacknife737
02-13-2012, 09:03 AM
So if the rest of the album process is of average length, how long will it be before it's out? Or before the first single (that hope isn't You Will Find a Way) is out?

If my memory serves me correct: for RAFRAG Dexter announced that the album was finished in early April and then, Hammerhead was released as a single in mid May.

cool 2 hate 681
02-13-2012, 11:03 AM
the world premire of hammerhead on kroq was on may 2nd 2008 http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=32054

MAXTER
02-13-2012, 12:22 PM
This is great! Can't wait to hear the new stuff, new videos, all of that!

Same here! :)
This notice calmed our impatience and at the same time growing excitement! :)

hshduppsnt
02-13-2012, 01:01 PM
the world premire of hammerhead on kroq was on may 2nd 2008 http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=32054

haha I remember that thread, good times.

Likely this time around I won't be able to afford wasting all day listening to Kroq this time around.

KHWHD
02-13-2012, 03:59 PM
YAY!! :cool:

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-13-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm pretty excited. I want to get hard copy, but there aren't a lot of music stores around here

jacknife737
02-13-2012, 06:38 PM
^ It's on a major label so Futureshop, Bestbuy, Walmart, ect will all carry it.

Though it's obviously best to support local independent stores first.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-13-2012, 06:55 PM
^ It's on a major label so Futureshop, Bestbuy, Walmart, ect will all carry it.

Though it's obviously best to support local independent stores first.

I don't live in a city, so there is no Bestbuy or Futureshop, but I do have a Walmart. Unfortunately any local music stores would quickly go out of business here. There isn't quite a big enough market.

bouncingcoles
02-13-2012, 07:21 PM
about mother fucking time. expect a summer release

randman21
02-13-2012, 07:22 PM
^What a shame. Though my town doesn't really have an indie record store either, and we're pretty big. Anyway, maybe you could order the CD on Amazon or something.

Omni
02-13-2012, 07:44 PM
I live in northwest Arkansas, so I technically am supporting a local store when I shop at Walmart. However, I'll most likely end up buying it at a nearby Hastings. Hastings carries the best music selection by far around here, and they have a pretty decent brand-new vinyl section.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-13-2012, 07:50 PM
^What a shame. Though my town doesn't really have an indie record either, and we're pretty big. Anyway, maybe you could order the CD on Amazon or something.

Yeah I'll try Walmart, and maybe even drive into Calgary. If not I'll probably just get it online. I'll pirate it while I wait for it to arrive in the mail if that happens.

cool 2 hate 681
02-13-2012, 11:45 PM
walmart and target versions will most likely be censored im going to buy the cd at fye or frys then the vinyl version at ameba records in hollywood

weezly
02-13-2012, 11:46 PM
i just want to write a lovely poem seeing as its valentines day
roses are red
violets are blue
hurry the fuck up i hate waiting

cool 2 hate 681
02-13-2012, 11:47 PM
haha I remember that thread, good times.

Likely this time around I won't be able to afford wasting all day listening to Kroq this time around.

yeah i don't know if i could listen to kroq all day now either mostly likely because they play bands like young the giant the black keys and foster the people all day long now

dff_punk
02-14-2012, 03:55 AM
People outside of the US cannot even listen to KROQ online anymore.

samseby
02-14-2012, 05:04 AM
Would actually be a good time to get that studiocam going :D ;) ... just saying.

Dexter_italy
02-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Would actually be a good time to get that studiocam going :D ;) ... just saying.

from the latest pics it seems they're in a different studio than the one where the studio cam was :)

cool 2 hate 681
02-14-2012, 11:31 AM
People outside of the US cannot even listen to KROQ online anymore.

really? that's too bad hopefully there is a 3rd party stream online somewhere

this site used to work im not sure if it still does http://www.yes.com/#KROQ

RonWelty
02-14-2012, 01:55 PM
really? that's too bad hopefully there is a 3rd party stream online somewhere

this site used to work im not sure if it still does http://www.yes.com/#KROQ

It doesn't work but thanks mate.

cool 2 hate 681
02-14-2012, 02:06 PM
oh ok sorry about that kroq is not as good as it used to be i think but at least the webcast are still free and you can view them overseas

samseby
02-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Proxy? ;) ...

BagOfShenanigans
02-15-2012, 11:32 AM
I'll just look it up on youtube 4 minutes later..

cool 2 hate 681
02-15-2012, 01:12 PM
anyone remember this? http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=43113

i don't know if the album will be done this month but i think it's going to come out in the summer

MAXTER
02-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I remember that one thread! :D
Sincerely, spring or summer, it doesn't care when album will be out, the only one important thing, I think, that will be a great album!!!
Aha, and in 1 month we will hear new songs, you know, they will play in Japan! :)

findout5
02-23-2012, 02:39 AM
About effin time on finishing the record...Dex promised releasing it last year!

weezly
02-25-2012, 10:57 PM
the guys have been way to secret squirrell on this album... i mean we got to hear november song pretty early, and i reakon the recorded version that song is gonna be off the chain! but apart from some line about shaking a caboose, we dont no shit bugger all.... the curiosity is killing me, i have absoultly no idea what to expect from this album... maybe the unexpected lol.

weezly
02-26-2012, 12:24 AM
ok so what else? an old song is re-recorded? what else am i missing?

GamerKT
02-26-2012, 12:58 AM
I think some older interview with Greg K that it will be the most diverse album or was it RFRG interview? :D Then, 2 drummers. A song OC Guns with Tiki Tiki lyrics. The Future Is Now line. Vibraslap instrument. Mexican people with a trumpet in a studio. A song that would be great for a hero movie. DUI/Jennifer lost a war-like guitar/solo. Ronnie King again.

Y'know, it sounds like it's gonna be a pretty cool album.

weezly
02-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Also, Anti War, Anti Police, Anti Religion, Death, My Girlfriend is a Bitch themes.

That bitch might have a big caboose.

Also, It's All Good song.

Can you guys connect any of those things?

thats the problem, they all have big cabooses LOL

BagOfShenanigans
02-26-2012, 07:13 AM
I hear an Americana in the making..

cool 2 hate 681
02-26-2012, 11:53 AM
I hear an Americana in the making..

i sure hope so

RonWelty
02-26-2012, 12:55 PM
i sure hope so

oh yeahhhh

weezly
02-27-2012, 01:34 AM
I don't know how do you guys get Americana considering it's straying into many directions, but alright. :D

I made one possible connection. My girlfriend is a bitch reminds me of Spare Me the Details and that's on Splinter. Ronnie King did Hit That, so maybe he is on that one and with a huge caboose. (Splinter)

I was wondering if OC Guns could be anti-police. Hmmm? Considering they do universal songs, it could also be about Orange County. (Ignition's LAPD) (Tiki Tiki CO1?)

Death song could use Mexican trumpets. (Ixnay's celebration of death :d) That wouldn't really be Gone Away or The End of the Line. I'm not sure if they can use Vibraslap here.

I'm not sure if you could connect anti-war with a hero-like song and also DUI/JLTW solo. (anti-war, Tehran, maybe CO1 song, Smash influence) All of the above except anti-war could also be supported by Americana. I'm not getting Smash at all which is strange. Maybe, anti-religion song will be Smash influenced like Something To Believe In. I don't know where do you connect The Future Is Now, I'm getting some Splinter's Lightning Rod. It's All Good could be Americana influence. Or maybe, It's All Good could be anti-religion Smash influenced song with the future is now line? :d Or, hero-like song called The Future Is Now.

i dont believe in physcics because ive never read the headline "physcic wins lottery"

Dexter_italy
02-27-2012, 01:46 AM
somebody wasted his sunday to think about those connections... :D having all these expectations ruins the moment where you'll listen to the album. I know the waiting is long :)

Dexter_italy
02-27-2012, 04:30 AM
What can I say? Hardcore fans do hardcore things. Fuckin' scientific level. :D

ahah nice :D

_Way_Down_the_Line_
02-27-2012, 07:30 AM
mmm 2 more days left till the end of the month, will dexter's promise become true ???

Am waiting for atleast a word from u guys !! :D

samseby
02-27-2012, 09:10 AM
I actually gave up on speculating which new song could be / might be /relates to what and how and why or why not or reading any deeper meaning into tweets. ;)

I'll just wait and see when this thing (i.e. album) is done what it's gonna be like :p

BagOfShenanigans
02-27-2012, 04:36 PM
I notice everyone else figures that the "Tiki tiki tiki" line would imply a 'Special Delivery' type of song.
It sounds more like 'Pretty Fly' to me.

Rafa88offspring
02-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Could be "Da Hui" for all we know

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-27-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't care. I've been trying not to think about it too much or else I get too excited. I'm not making too many predictions and hoping that I get surprised. Pleasantly surprised I hope

weezly
02-27-2012, 10:50 PM
they have 1 day to make there statement a reality....
i have faith in you nizzy doodles.

weezly
02-28-2012, 01:12 AM
a summary of this record...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv9pBCHuC_I&feature=related

GamerKT
02-28-2012, 07:57 AM
a summary of this record...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv9pBCHuC_I&feature=related

Fairly accurate.

02-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Watch, It's gonna be the first of March and no new album. Fuck

Jojan
02-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Do not forget that this is a leap year.

Gayman
02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
This was so good news that I pissed my pants. Can't believe it....haven't done it since high school...

Jojan
02-28-2012, 06:50 PM
You Finns piss your pants every time when you get drunk! And you are drunk all the time.

samseby
02-29-2012, 05:45 AM
Come on! It's still hours to go ... :p

weezly
02-29-2012, 09:32 PM
so we can only assume that the new album IS finished.... now what?

Little_Miss_1565
03-01-2012, 12:24 AM
so we can only assume that the new album IS finished.... now what?

Then mastering. Then delivery of the mastered record to the label. Then around 3 months before release.

GamerKT
03-01-2012, 01:15 AM
I think I'll just kill myself. It's quicker.

Defender
03-01-2012, 03:16 AM
3 more months is a long time for an album that should have completed since 2011 (according to wikipedia:"On December 20 of 2010, The Offspring stated on their Twitter that they had spent the last 2 weeks in the studio and they would continue recording their new album after the holidays for 2011 release").I am sure the new one will be awesome so I can wait as long as it needed but I'm waiting for a single by the end of this month.

BagOfShenanigans
03-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Well, at least we won't have to wait 5 years..

*Cough* Rise and fall *Cough* *Cough*

Llamas
03-01-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm not bashing the band at all or really complaining, because whenever the album comes, I'll be happy, and I'm not a huge die-hard Offspring fan anymore... but these guys are just so damn lazy about making albums :p I mean, I know they do some other stuff on the side, but they've released exactly two albums in the last decade, while in the decade before that, they released five! The only other band I can think of that I'm a big fan of who releases albums that slowly is Tool, and all those guys are in like 5 other bands, touring and making albums all the time. I just don't really feel that the Offspring's hearts are in it anymore. They really haven't made any effort in the last decade to stay relevant, and in my opinion, they just don't seem that excited about it anymore. I kinda wonder if it was a result of Ron leaving, because that's right about the time when they stopped seeming super invested. Splinter took longer to make than any of their previous albums, and it just got longer and longer from there.

To be honest, I kind of hope the band calls it quits after this album. I think they're better off spending time with their families, Dexter with his business, etc... and we'll have 9 albums of material to remember them for. That's quite a career! Not all that many mainstream bands stick around for 9 studio albums. But I really do kinda hope this is the last one.

Tijs
03-01-2012, 07:50 AM
You and I, are no longer speaking :mad:

Llamas
03-01-2012, 08:07 AM

Hahaha, I knew it'd be an unpopular opinion... it's weird to want something you love to die. I currently feel the same way about The Office - love that show, but it's time to end. Would you at least agree that they're not really very invested anymore?

samseby
03-01-2012, 08:23 AM
I'd like some kind of "confirmation" or so :p

Don't know maybe one could say releasing another album is not that "important" regarding the money ascpet anymore because there's no need regarding this so why not take all the time in the world to make this a "good" one i.e. something they are happy with?

And as long as people keep asking they are interested in it and excited about it ... would be kind of sad if no one would ask or try to "push" it ;) (though that asking and pushing might be a little nerve-racking at times and is probably leading nowhere).

Last but not least: You can't rush art ;)

randman21
03-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Haha, Tijs's response was perfect.

Hahaha, I knew it'd be an unpopular opinion... it's weird to want something you love to die. I currently feel the same way about The Office - love that show, but it's time to end. Would you at least agree that they're not really very invested anymore?

I wouldn't actually agree with that, but I would definitely agree with the part where you said they're not putting much effort into staying relevant. So it's kind of a weird place they're in. They are clearly still motivated to tour, and are communicating with the fans more than they ever have (at least The Niz is). Yet, they are very lax about making records. I can't say I blame them, with things the way they are.

Llamas
03-01-2012, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't actually agree with that, but I would definitely agree with the part where you said they're not putting much effort into staying relevant. So it's kind of a weird place they're in. They are clearly still motivated to tour, and are communicating with the fans more than they ever have (at least The Niz is). Yet, they are very lax about making records. I can't say I blame them, with things the way they are.

I think Noodles is a super friendly, social guy, and they're having more fun with the fans than with actually making music. Like their new iphone app that teaches people guitar and stuff. I feel like Dex and Noodles have futures in other realms which we'd still love. Dex has his business stuff and if that hot sauce is as great as everyone claims, there could be something there. Noodles is an entertainer and they both have really cool ideas that fans love. I just feel like both of them are heading in new, different directions and away from making records. I dunno.

Tijs
03-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Hahaha, I knew it'd be an unpopular opinion... it's weird to want something you love to die. I currently feel the same way about The Office - love that show, but it's time to end. Would you at least agree that they're not really very invested anymore?As of after the following paragraph: You and I, are no longer speaking! :mad:

I don't know about The Office. I've just watched the first episode without Michael, and Deangelo as the new boss. I thought it was funny still, but who knows. Replacing main characters can kill a show, but doesn't have to. Just look at Spin City. Scrubs got killed, I would've like to see it continue though, but with Zach Braff and black doctor from Clueless, all the original ones actually.

Hopefully this derails the thread.

If not, then after THIS, you and I are no longer speaking! :mad:

I would say the band is invested in a different way. I don't think they really care about being considered as relevant or not anymore. If they were, promotions would've been a lot bigger for RAFRAG, their shows would be actual shows instead of concerts. I really do get the feeling like the band is having a great time while on tour, and that they love making music. But at their own pace.

:mad:

Llamas
03-01-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't know about The Office. I've just watched the first episode without Michael, and Deangelo as the new boss. I thought it was funny still, but who knows. Replacing main characters can kill a show, but doesn't have to. Just look at Spin City. Scrubs got killed, I would've like to see it continue though, but with Zach Braff and black doctor from Clueless, all the original ones actually.
I started to get bored with The Office shortly after Jim and Pam got married, but then Michael left, and James Spader has done a nice job of filling in, but he's leaving at the end of this season, too... there's really no arching story anymore, and most of the characters have grown stale. At this point, I just kinda want them to bring the show to an end and see where the actors show up elsewhere. There's talk of a Dwight spin-off, which could be excellent.

I would say the band is invested in a different way. I don't think they really care about being considered as relevant or not anymore. If they were, promotions would've been a lot bigger for RAFRAG, their shows would be actual shows instead of concerts. I really do get the feeling like the band is having a great time while on tour, and that they love making music. But at their own pace.

Let's just say, we'll see how this album turns out. If it's a lot like "You Will Find A Way" or whatever it's called. I might really be ready for them to wrap it up. You make a fair point about maybe they do like making music, but at their own pace... I'll just wait and see how it sounds. They just don't seem as inspired or as excited as they once were. RFRG turned out quite good, though, so I could be surprised.

Tijs
03-01-2012, 09:41 AM
:mad: http://www.offspring.com/community/clear.gif

Llamas
03-01-2012, 09:46 AM

As of after the following paragraph: You and I, are no longer speaking! :mad:

If not, then after THIS, you and I are no longer speaking! :mad:

I simply can not deal with these oppressive, hostile mods!! NUD--- I MEAN, NEW MODS AT ONCE!

Defender
03-01-2012, 10:51 AM
The music changes year by year. Punk-rock has died since mid 90's, that's why the Offspring changed their style from "S/T" & "Ignition" to "Conspiracy of one" & "Rise & fall,rage & grace".Music goes on different ways and is modernized so they can't stay back(in the past). There will never be "Ignition" again and everybody knows that. I disagree with llamas that they have lost their interest in music; because it's their job! They release albums slowly because of the concerts! Every band or singer knows that the real money is because of concerts. Internet-downloading decreases the albums' sales and they know that,too. I agree with llamas that they should make albums more often because "releasing albums" creates the band's history.
To come to an end, I would say that the Offspring won't resign until they have released at least 15 albums;).

BagOfShenanigans
03-01-2012, 11:39 AM
... if that hot sauce is as great as everyone claims...

It is.

10 characters..

cool 2 hate 681
03-01-2012, 12:48 PM
To be honest, I kind of hope the band calls it quits after this album. I think they're better off spending time with their families, Dexter with his business, etc... and we'll have 9 albums of material to remember them for. That's quite a career! Not all that many mainstream bands stick around for 9 studio albums. But I really do kinda hope this is the last one.

i hope not i don't really care about new material anymore to be honest but i still love to see the offspring live

RonWelty
03-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Well, they peaked in 90's and you could say that CO1 is not 90's. So 4:3, but on the other hand 6 albums in around 12 years and then 3 in 12 years. It was like 1:2 and now 1:4.

I don't think they could have been successful with 90's kind of albums and I guess it's difficult to come up with cool riffs. The music industry has changed. Also, you gotta live your life to come up with fresh and quality songs.

I don't think they are bored, although they gotta pay their airplanes. :D Just kidding or not? :d

I'm kind of resigned with 10 albums, so hopefully they can do one more and then we will see, maybe they'll become 60 year old country rockers singing When You're in Prison style. :D You never know, you don't know what music industry will look like. :d People can live 100 years...so...

PS: Ron, well I don't want to get into it too much, but they should get him into studio to do at least one track. Just an idea.
Nowadays "serious" and epic rock songs (Muse/Radiohead/Foo fighters) is what's big in Europe's rock scene. They don't like south california punk rock. I think they've never liked it. But I still think that if a good novelty song, with a catchy chorus, appears on this new album and if it gets a good share a promotion, it can become big in the summer. But it has to be ready for the summer. (in Europe that's very important, maybe not in the US, but here it is).
Another option is to be the rock song the newest Spiderman movie( columbia pictures!!!!). Muse's song on Twilight made them BIG in the USA; Nickelback's singer song on SpiderMan made them finally BIG in Europe (even if just for 2 or 3 years).

If Green Day didn't created a rock opera they would be just like The Offspring, in terms of popularity/Fame (maybe even less).

jacknife737
03-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm a bit perplexed why a band's supposed "relevancy" to mainstream popculture should have any impact whatsoever on one's enjoyment of the band itself. A lot of the bands I listen to probably only have a few thousand fans in the entire globe (as in like maybe 5-10k).

The only thing that matters is whether or not you continue to enjoy their musical output. The Offspring are still putting out albums that I like, and so I hope they continue.

Llamas
03-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Nowadays "serious" and epic rock songs (Muse/Radiohead/Foo fighters) is what's big in Europe's rock scene. They don't like south california punk rock. I think they've never liked it.

Right; that's why the majority of posters here are European, and there seem to be almost as many Slovaks here as Americans. What the hell are you talking about?

RonWelty
03-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Right; that's why the majority of posters here are European, and there seem to be almost as many Slovaks here as Americans. What the hell are you talking about?

A) THe Offspring aren't really popular nowadays anywhere in the world. Except maybe Japan and BrasiL/Argentina. But even in Brasil, they´ve failed during their last indoor tour to sold out their shows.
B) We are, mostly, HARDCORE FANS. We're not the pattern in Europe, believe me. I never listened in the past decade to any Offspring/Bad Religion/Weezer/Pennywise/Social D/Sublime/Smash Mouth (Punk-rock or SoCal Bands) in any portuguese radio. I can assume that in France, Spain, Germany or ITaly they may get more radio airplay but never enough to sustain them as household names in the european music scene. Since Download 08 they've never headlined any MAJOR festival. Of course, people knows them, they're still a famous band. They're just not one of the biggest bands in the world anymore, and that+s not a problem, because they don't want to be.

That's my view.

BagOfShenanigans
03-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I just want to listen to some music; and the concept of new material excites me.

cool 2 hate 681
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
A) THe Offspring aren't really popular nowadays anywhere in the world. Except maybe Japan and BrasiL/Argentina. But even in Brasil, they´ve failed during their last indoor tour to sold out their shows.
B) We are, mostly, HARDCORE FANS. We're not the pattern in Europe, believe me. I never listened in the past decade to any Offspring/Bad Religion/Weezer/Pennywise/Social D/Sublime/Smash Mouth (Punk-rock or SoCal Bands) in any portuguese radio. I can assume that in France, Spain, Germany or ITaly they may get more radio airplay but never enough to sustain them as household names in the european music scene. Since Download 08 they've never headlined any MAJOR festival. Of course, people knows them, they're still a famous band. They're just not one of the biggest bands in the world anymore, and that+s not a problem, because they don't want to be.

That's my view.

well they still play offspring everyday on several radio stations here and as far as i know they don't play them on the radio in brasil anymore

also i don't think they were ever a household name like metallica guns n roses or red hot chili peppers

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm sorry Tijs, but I'm almost with llamas on this, not quite, but almost. As the years go by, their records seem to appeal to a more mainstream taste (which is alright for me, but I don't like the sound).

It would be nice for them to stop putting out records before they end up like the Rolling Stones nowadays. I still want ten albums though. I don't want this to be their last one.

If they just happened to go back to their Ignition sound (which we all know will not happen), I would want them to continue to rock into their 70s.

This isn't on topic, but did we ever figure out which song they re-recorded? Or did we all assume that it was Dirty Magic? I am still hopeful that it will be Kick Him When He's Down, Forever And A Day, or Session. :)

BagOfShenanigans
03-01-2012, 08:08 PM
This isn't on topic, but did we ever figure out which song they re-recorded? Or did we all assume that it was Dirty Magic? I am still hopeful that it will be Kick Him When He's Down, Forever And A Day, or Session. :)

I was hoping it would be Burn It Up

03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
The Offspring are still putting out albums that I like, and so I hope they continue.

But see, that's the thing. I really think the offspring should call it quits if most of the new album is going to have that "days go by" vibe. I mean, its a good song, but it's not an offspring sound.

That and the fact they are apparently not that interested in making albums anymore. So yeah, llamas is not the only one with that unpopular opinion

weezly
03-01-2012, 10:41 PM
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh wtf is going on here?!!! you guys havent even heard there new material, and your writting them off? this album COULD be the next american idot (a fucken amazing ground breaking album that was very popular and amoungst my all time fav albums)
it could blow us all away and then the TIME it has taken will be worth it, maybe they are just trying to and taking the time to make there best ever album, and if they released an amazing album and the quit you guys would be sad as hell!
i never want the band to stop, and they are all passionate about music, if you have meet noodles and pete and dexter you would know this, i meet greg k. once, he didnt say much... funny that HAHAHA.
man you guys shouldnt even be posting, why would you want them to quit?!! id rather they released bad albums than quit.
ps i love ALL there albums, except ignition, that album sucks.

mrXniick
03-01-2012, 11:15 PM
If anyone from the Offspring is reading this, please ignore those asking you to call it quits. I hope to hear new material for years to come

holland25
03-02-2012, 12:38 AM
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh wtf is going on here?!!! you guys haven't even heard their new material, and you're writting them off? this album COULD be the next american idiot (a fucking amazing ground breaking album that was very popular and amongst my all time fav albums)
it could blow us all away and then the TIME it has taken will be worth it, maybe they are just trying to and taking the time to make their best ever album, and if they released an amazing album and then quit you guys would be sad as hell!
i never want the band to stop, and they are all passionate about music, if you have met noodles and pete and dexter you would know this, i met greg k. once, he didn't say much... funny that HAHAHA.
man you guys shouldn't even be posting, why would you want them to quit?!! I'd rather they released bad albums than quit.
ps i love ALL their albums, except ignition, that album sucks.

Fix'd. You're welcome.

PS: Igniton is their best album and you suck.

keonii7
03-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Usually when their songs have a strong message, they turn out to be pretty strong-- I think that's why a lot of people didn't like Splinter (I didn't think it was so bad) -- that album didn't have enough anger.

weezly
03-02-2012, 12:51 AM
to be honest, ignitions great till you come on here and everyone wants them to make "another ignition" when i think smash and americana, co1 are all way better and i dont want them to make a clone of those albums.
hey but splinters first two tracks plus lightening rod, they rock!!! man balls to wall rock n roll

weezly
03-02-2012, 01:08 AM
in new zealand, when "the rock" does its best artist or album countdowns, offspring is always in them, in fact i hear all offspring songs all the time in new zealand, on all stations, although most pop stations just play pretty fly, but the rock and haurauki play everything, old new etc i choose, gone away, hammerhead, kristy the whole singles, daily.

danitanev
03-02-2012, 01:08 AM
This month is gone! So, they must be done ... with the record! :D
The question now is - What is their new album's release date?
I hope as soon as possible!

Defender
03-02-2012, 01:46 AM
WTF guys? The Offspring have made their own kind of music and that's why they have been so fucking great! They're something different! They are sooo special for me! I saw them live in Greece in 2008 and they were so excited! They haven't lost their passion in music.That's my opinion. I 'll be waiting for the day to release their 15th album. After that I would imagine their end to come!
To RonWelty: The Offspring are more popular than Green Day here in Greece and the radio stations play often their songs.

weezly
03-02-2012, 02:02 AM
weezly likes this ^

weezly
03-02-2012, 02:04 AM
you know the other day i put splinter on, real loud, blasted out my amp and played along, thats what its all about, and yeah i aggree, look at noodles at the berlin gig, he was sick as, and he gave it 100% and he was telling us backstage that he still gets that same buzz when we are all jumping up n down, noodles will never loose the kooze!

Dexter_italy
03-02-2012, 03:27 AM
It's legit to have any opinion, but come on..why still hang out here if you want them to quit? They slowered down the process of making an album but it's the finished product that matters. I think they are still interested in making music at their own pace, if they wanted to be like green day they know how to, you can trust this. They had a worldwide success and everyone bashed them for 2 songs, because americana is a fucking good punk rock album! Now they just do what they want, the music they like. Days go by is kind of different but again.. whoever plays music knows it's boring doing the same thing over and over, we already know that there is going to be fast tracks too. Don't get me wrong, I'd like them to put out a record more quickly it's obvious but I really can't blame them for not doing it. I will judje only when the album will come out...rafrag surprised me in a good way, I hope they'll do it again!

weezly
03-02-2012, 03:32 AM
yeah i hope pete is drumming to, freese just doesnt fiit the band, hes good but hes not right, ron was way better for the offspring, thats one thing bout splinter, the drums just sound like its a computer, too robotic.

Llamas
03-02-2012, 06:51 AM
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh wtf is going on here?!!! You guys haven't even heard their new material, and you're writing them off? This album COULD be the next American Idiot (a fucking amazing ground-breaking album that was very popular and is amongst my all time fav. albums).
Tt could blow us all away and then the TIME it has taken would be worth it. Maybe they are just trying to take the time to make their best ever album, and if they released an amazing album and then quit, you guys would be sad as hell!
I never want the band to stop, and they are all passionate about music. If you had met Noodles, Pete and Dexter, you would know this. I met Greg K. once, but he didn't say much... funny that HAHAHA.
Man, you guys shouldn't even be posting. Why would you want them to quit?!! I'd rather they released bad albums than quit.
PS: I love ALL their albums - except Ignition; that album sucks.

There. Fix'd. ;)

Now to reply.

- They took forever making Splinter and RFRG, and everyone said, "Maybe they're taking their time to perfect it and make it their best album ever!!!" Did that happen? I highly doubt it'll happen this time, either - especially when you listen to the first song they've played.

- If they DID put out their best album ever and then quit, I'd be stoked that they went out on such a HIGH NOTE!

It's legit to have any opinion, but come on..why still hang out here if you want them to quit?
I mostly post in the General Chat. I don't come here to talk about the Offspring very much, but I am still interested in hearing the next album.

I think they are still interested in making music at their own pace, if they wanted to be like green day they know how to, you can trust this.
Interesting... they sure seemed to fail with Original Prankster and even Hit That :P

Dexter_italy
03-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Interesting... they sure seemed to fail with Original Prankster and even Hit That :P

I remember OP being pretty succesful and Want you bad too, not as pretty fly but it was. As for hit that I really think that the video failed non them :D . Since Americana they tasted the big success and then they decided to stay low...they never were in gossip stories or nothing else. And music business changes too, look at what is aired on radios, it was just not the time and the scene is overwelmed I think.

holland25
03-02-2012, 08:31 AM
There. Fix'd. ;)

Meh, I was too lazy to correct all the mistakes in capital letters...

findout5
03-02-2012, 08:34 AM
If they had made an MTV Style video for Hit That, like they did with OP and PFFAWG, that would have been a huge hit for sure.

A good title for a single should be "Beefy Chorizo" lol Based on their tweeter! :P

Omni
03-02-2012, 12:00 PM
I remember OP being pretty succesful and Want you bad too, not as pretty fly but it was. As for hit that I really think that the video failed non them :D . Since Americana they tasted the big success and then they decided to stay low...they never were in gossip stories or nothing else. And music business changes too, look at what is aired on radios, it was just not the time and the scene is overwelmed I think.

Original Prankster actually charted one space higher than Pretty Fly on the Alternative Rock charts - the main radio format they usually register on.

Jojan
03-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I hope that they will release it on vinyl.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
03-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Well Dexter didn´t say anything about finishing the album but he said this:

"Photo shoot today.." -Dexter

So if they are taking pictures already, they could be for the album? which means it is done? or the pictures could be for something else? Charity? A video? Commercial?

I badly want this album by now, we are all going crazy as the days go by, I can see it when you guys fight about if they should quit or not. I guess we all just need to hear another Hammerhead, a Have you ever, or maybe a Gone away and they will shut your mouths once again.

Jojan
03-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Greg should come here an leak some songs. At least some samples of them.

Llamas
03-02-2012, 12:26 PM
I can see it when you guys fight about if they should quit or not. I guess we all just need to hear another Hammerhead, a Have you ever, or maybe a Gone away and they will shut your mouths once again.

Nobody here is "fighting". Can't we have our opinions?

cool 2 hate 681
03-02-2012, 12:46 PM
yeah i hope pete is drumming to, freese just doesnt fiit the band, hes good but hes not right, ron was way better for the offspring, thats one thing bout splinter, the drums just sound like its a computer, too robotic.

josh told me on twitter they are both on the album

_Way_Down_the_Line_
03-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Nobody here is "fighting". Can't we have our opinions?

Whatever we´re all going crazy about this, just be cool the offspring always has given us awesome songs, you gotta know that ! :cool:

weezly
03-02-2012, 01:51 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/175679865448710144/photo/1

did someone say music video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BagOfShenanigans
03-02-2012, 02:34 PM

Is it me, or does that set look like it would be unfitting for Days Go By. It has to be for another song. Maybe the Ignition remake.

Rafa88offspring
03-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Is it me, or does that set look like it would be unfitting for Days Go By. It has to be for another song. Maybe the Ignition remake.

haha you have to be joking, right?

BTW I'm not used to Jojan's new pic, it's those kinds of changes that make me believe the world is ending this year.

randman21
03-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Looks really cool! Could still just be a photo shoot, I guess.

EDIT: DAMN, I'M SLOW. I just realized avatars are back.

holland25
03-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Woo, finally! I was fucking bored with my old one.

cool 2 hate 681
03-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Looks really cool! Could still just be a photo shoot, I guess.

yeah i think it's just a photoshoot i doubt they would film a music video before they put out a first single

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-02-2012, 03:15 PM
You guys have changed my mind, I would like them to continue for a long time, even if they do have some crappy records. I just don't want them to get to the point where no one remembers them.

Regardless of what some of you think, I still want another Ignition or Smash. Those were sweet albums

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-02-2012, 03:18 PM
BTW I'm not used to Jojan's new pic, it's those kinds of changes that make me believe the world is ending this year.

I know, it's crazy. I don't like this change..... even if it allows me to have an avatar.

cool 2 hate 681
03-02-2012, 04:22 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AnBEeFPCIAEJGNa.jpg

Little_Miss_1565
03-02-2012, 04:31 PM

Dexter tweeted they have a photo shoot today.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-02-2012, 04:57 PM
They just barely all fit on that couch

Little_Miss_1565
03-02-2012, 05:03 PM

They have to snuggle it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DsUTW4MdtM

Jojan
03-02-2012, 05:33 PM

I am pleased to see that Greg has not had a penis reduction.

cool 2 hate 681
03-02-2012, 06:28 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AnBefowCMAAa5dR.jpg

jacknife737
03-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Cool pics.

Always nice to see an update. Hoping to hear some news about the inevitable first single soon.

RonWelty
03-03-2012, 01:09 AM

This is sooooo Americana. I like it

samseby
03-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Gotta love that car :)

weezly
03-03-2012, 01:57 AM
all i can think of seeing that photo is dexter saying "ill have two big macs, one nizzdy d burger and 2 chicken nuggets"

Defender
03-03-2012, 03:08 AM

Pete's hair kicks ass!!

MAXTER
03-03-2012, 10:09 AM
a lot of "Americana" in these pics! and I like it very much!

Blitz!
03-03-2012, 12:14 PM

Oh look, a 'cranberries' moment :p
These are pretty cool but I would love to see the actual pics, but for the time being, a photo shoot of a photo shoot will do.

KrispyNotKrunchy
03-04-2012, 07:39 AM
I think it's cool that the photo-shoot had what appears to be a professional photographer shooting the professional photographer(s). These aren't pics taken on a cell phone camera... lol

RonWelty
03-04-2012, 08:56 AM
I think it's cool that the photo-shoot had what appears to be a professional photographer shooting the professional photographer(s). These aren't pics taken on a cell phone camera... lol

Every simple App in iPhone will do that effect on your photos.

Jojan
03-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Every simple App in iPhone will do that effect on your photos.

What effect? We have not seen any pictures yet.

RonWelty
03-04-2012, 01:25 PM

What effect? We have not seen any pictures yet.

For Real
03-11-2012, 09:57 PM
All I wanna know is.... did the person (girl?) that Dexter sings about ever "find her way"?

;)

cool 2 hate 681
03-11-2012, 10:27 PM
backkk hommmmmmeeeeeeee

Jojan
03-12-2012, 08:05 AM

I believe that KrispyNotKrunchy was referring to the picture taken in this picture. (But I could be mistaken.) Those are the pictures that we have not seen yet.

yellow
03-14-2012, 11:08 AM
i want to be in the first video from the new album. Im excited to hear what the boys have created now, i have feeling its gonna be really good!

ixnay04
03-16-2012, 09:36 AM
I can't believe the band is still recording this album.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
03-16-2012, 12:51 PM
yup, anxiousness is killing me already, but i think it's a good thing. :o

OffspringDude
03-16-2012, 02:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps4eNTN5Cx0

samseby
03-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Well, still no we ARE done with the record ... but you know, that's ok. Maybe after Japan?! Who knows?

GamerKT
03-17-2012, 02:53 AM
I don't even mind as long as I can rock the fuck outta this album all summer.

Defender
03-17-2012, 02:54 AM
Well, still no we ARE done with the record ... but you know, that's ok. Maybe after Japan?! Who knows?

After Milan (June), I guess!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-17-2012, 10:46 AM
I want to hear something new, even if it's only 30 seconds long

Llamas
03-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Ohh, you guys, I get it. I get why the album wasn't done at the end of February. Dexter actually said, "We WILL beat one with a rat corps this month!"

So... where's that rat corps?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-17-2012, 03:43 PM
^It took me a minute to get that one, then I just read it out loud.

DMelges
03-17-2012, 04:28 PM
I really, really hope they don't forget about releasing that video we saw of them recording the first new song. You know, the video that ends right when the vocals would start, with Dex on the mic.

I really want to see that, in it's full form. be it a DVD or whatever

Dirty Magic
03-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Revised quote: "We WILL be done with this record this year!" - Dexter.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-18-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm very confident that it will come out this year, more so than the past few years that we've been expecting it.

MarkosV
03-18-2012, 12:33 PM
I hope the new album will come soon, Almost can't wait :D:D

Defender
03-19-2012, 03:04 AM
Revised quote: "We WILL be done with this record this year!" - Dexter.

After the new 9th album release the Offspring should start recording the 10th. So we will have it in our hands by the end of 2015.They need 3 years at least to prepare for it. It's obvious that they record a new album every 4-5 years.

Dexter_italy
03-19-2012, 05:32 AM
now, talking seriously. One thing that changes when you are a professional like them is that you don't go and practice and start new songs, when it gets the time they say, well let's do new songs and this is for almost every famous band. It would be cool if they tried something like, let's write an album in 5 months for example, what comes comes. just to see what it comes out, maybe not even an album but an Ep...some old school stuff. it could be cool... or could be a disaster...but I'd appreciate something like this. ok now I return to the real world and wait for the new album :)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-19-2012, 07:18 AM
I don't think we should talk about their 10th album just yet

Defender
03-19-2012, 07:40 AM
I don't think we should talk about their 10th album just yet

Yes,maybe there won't be a 10th but if there is a new one,nobody wants to wait for it 4 or 5 years more.

Dexter_italy
03-19-2012, 07:55 AM
So, yeah, woe woe oh oh, you basically want Smash #2, and they are going to imitate it, mixed with half-assed Splinter. :D Let's just fuckin wait 5 years instead. :D

I didn't understand if it was referred to me... but I never said that I'd want a smash 2, I said it would be curious to see what would happen if they made songs in another way. if it wasn't for me forget it. :)

Dexter_italy
03-19-2012, 09:04 AM
I mean rehearsing and creating there and see what happens. And btw I'd prefer and Ixnay#2 than a Smash #2 :)

Little_Miss_1565
03-19-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure why it's a surprise that they're taking their time to get this album right...

Dexter_italy
03-19-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure why it's a surprise that they're taking their time to get this album right...

When you write " we will be done by the end of this month" and then you don't give any news after another month...well it's normal to start making questions about it right? Sure they're taking the time they need, there is no doubt about it, but you must admit that Dexter's statement put on us some expectation.

keonii7
03-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Why are people surprised? They do this every time. Why am I writing this? I love nachos.

cool 2 hate 681
03-19-2012, 12:21 PM
i think the record still might not be done before they leave for japan

OffspringDude
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Obviously Dexter was drunk when he said that :D

OffspringDude
03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Does anyone remember Dexters theory about have one word album titles do better than multi word titles???

Greekoldfan
03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Does anyone remember Dexters theory about have one word album titles do better than multi word titles???

I do.but splinter was not better than rafrag.let's try 2 words!like californian olygarhy

randman21
03-19-2012, 01:37 PM

Does anyone have a link/source for this? I never knew that the subject of titles was brought up, but I've always been curious about whether there was a method to how they name their albums.

OffspringDude
03-19-2012, 01:52 PM
There is a link here...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1479903/offspring-change-lp-title.jhtml

"We found that our records with one-word titles tend to do better than the ones with multiple-word titles,"

Dexter_italy
03-19-2012, 02:01 PM
So, it's not Smash #2 anymore, it's Ixnay #2, we are improving, from no self-esteem to it's cool to hate. :D BTW, some people call it anemic punk metal. :p Oh, these hater reviewers, but it's cool to hate, right?

People want to hear it in old school way. So, I'm probably wrong, they are not gonna imitate anything this time, they will be nostalgic like in Days Go By to compensate that feeling instead of cheap imitation. Days go by, it's time to grow up. :D

I think it's a good argument that they tell us wrong dates, but it's months, not years, so it's ok and we know that they love to tease the shit out of us...

Maybe we should have a thread getting ready for the album, I wonder if it'll happen with influences thing again. It seems like it can easily derail things around. I'm curious how it's going to be accepted. How do you prepare for the shit?

Ok now I'm starting to believe that I can't write in English... I NEVER said i wanted a smash#2, but if I had to choose I'd go for ixnay cause I like it more. as for that, I don't want any album number2. I said I'd like to see what would come out with a different writing process, that's it. I'm one of those who doesn't want an album to be like the previous one.

and btw what's nostalgic about days go by? can't repeat may be called nostalgic...but I just call it "a song".
there's nothing to be prepared to, we all have just to wait and listen what comes.

personal_loans_1
03-19-2012, 02:02 PM
There is a link here...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1479903/offspring-change-lp-title.jhtml

Doodler wrote more:

After an exhaustive marketing study we've discovered that our fans only want Offspring records with one-word titles. Our first record was self-titled. The "The" doesn't count as a word so it was really just Offspring, which is one word. Then came Ignition. Next was Smash. By now our fans knew what to expect from us, but we got cocky and titled our next record Ixnay On The Hombre. What does that even mean? We hadn't quite realized that what we had just done was to break a sacred trust that we shared with our fans. We got back on track with Americana, but once again we let our success get to our heads, following up with the outrageous betrayal entitled Conspiracy of One. Once again our fans rebelled at this disgrace. I want to assure our fans that we have been duly humbled, and we are back amongst the righteous, where we belong, back to our one-word roots. Thus we give you Splinter, one simple, humble word.
http://offspring.mforos.com/54446/1159912-noodles-road-journal/

He should come back to journals btw. Enough of one liners, no matter how brilliant they're.

jacknife737
03-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Does anyone have a link/source for this? I never knew that the subject of titles was brought up, but I've always been curious about whether there was a method to how they name their albums.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned it during an interview with Chart magazine ; though i'm having trouble finding the link to the article.

Little_Miss_1565
03-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Y'know, if I were in the band, I might feel like I should avoid saying anything at all about the new album because no matter what, there's a ton of negativity.

tylercosgrove1989
03-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Y'know, if I were in the band, I might feel like I should avoid saying anything at all about the new album because no matter what, there's a ton of negativity.

I agree. I don't like seeing all the hate. I trust these guys. They know what they are doing. I will say that I'm getting impatient though as well.

Dexter_italy
03-20-2012, 03:12 PM
I see impatience, but not hate come on... too strong of a word

XYlophonetreeZ
03-20-2012, 03:31 PM
You guys do realize that it's not a big deal to be off by a month or so, right? This has a long way to go before it gets to Chinese Democracy level.

It would be cool if they put up some more clips of them in the studio or something to tide people over, but why would you want them to make something at a quicker pace than they're comfortable with if you want it to be good? Bob Rock's known to be a producer that takes a little longer than most, anyway.

03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Bob Rock's known to be a producer that takes a little longer than most, anyway.

They need to get back with Dave Jerden. I've read how there's lots of Americana feel to it and I don't see it one bit. Hopefully, I'm wrong

Jhonny
03-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Can't Repeat is a really good song.

Sefalobe_theoffspring
03-21-2012, 10:29 AM
They pulled Americana off in 1 year, although they probably had ideas from the past so it wasn't that difficult. But, the point is that it was in 90's. Shit has changed. Look at Splinter, it took a lot of time, but I think it should've taken longer because I can see some things that are not perfect. Still, a very good record. I don't think they can make a serious mainstream record in a year and I can't imagine that they would go into underground.

Those slow, beautiful and sad parts are very nostalgic to me, but I might be wrong. However, the title is about time, so you can interpret it like that.

Just wait when the bbs gets attacked. :D Just wait...

According to Internet and Google Searcher that´s true the new Offspring album called: "Apocalyptic prophecy is leaving footprints on the earth"? I´m thinking is fake they are not finished yet.

Please confirm. Thanks

Sorry for my english

Tompo2000
03-21-2012, 10:40 AM
According to Internet and Google Searcher that´s true the new Offspring album called: "Apocalyptic prophecy is leaving footprints on the earth"? I´m thinking is fake they are not finished yet.

Please confirm. Thanks

Sorry for my english
It's fake, don't worry :)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Wait.... who said anything about wanting a good mainstream album?

BagOfShenanigans
03-22-2012, 06:41 AM
What are you trying to say?

Mainstream and good barely ever coincide.

GamerKT
03-22-2012, 06:55 AM

And that is called a "hipster."

Llamas
03-22-2012, 07:41 AM
And that is called a "hipster."

False; Hipster = "you've heard of it" and "good" never coincide.

Little_Miss_1565
03-22-2012, 10:17 AM

This band has sold many millions of records worldwide. They are mainstream. It's okay.

BagOfShenanigans
03-22-2012, 12:09 PM
This band has sold many millions of records worldwide. They are mainstream. It's okay.

I don't know. When you hear 'mainstream media', you don't really think 'The Offspring'.

Little_Miss_1565
03-22-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't know. When you hear 'mainstream media', you don't really think 'The Offspring'.

*You* don't. The rest of the world does.

tylercosgrove1989
03-22-2012, 12:47 PM
The Offspring is totally mainstream. You are the only one who doesn't think they are.

Pablon
03-22-2012, 12:54 PM

Maybe not anymore, but it's not strange to think of them talking about mainstream artist. They're massive, even now, that we're not in 1999 anymore.

But it's ok, it may be a great album, I'm looking forward to it.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-22-2012, 06:43 PM
I don't think of them as mainstream. At least around here. When I hear mainstream, I think of LMFAO, Coldplay, Adele, Lady Gaga, Beiber, etc...

I guess they are fairly mainstream now if you think about it, just not that popular. I'm with BagOfShenanigans on this one

brothadave79
03-22-2012, 06:46 PM
"Mainstream" or not, it's stupid to use that as a pejorative term, and equally as dumb use it as a reason to like or dislike something.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-22-2012, 06:49 PM
I guess it doesn't really matter. It's just that about 99% of music that I'd consider "mainstream" is music that I'd never listen to.

zsk
03-23-2012, 07:36 AM
I think they're absolutely NO-Mainstream band!!!!
green day is... but they suck, anyway

Dexter_italy
03-23-2012, 07:51 AM
I think they're absolutely NO-Mainstream band!!!!
green day is... but they suck, anyway

Yes, they're an elite kind of band..... under indipendent label, all DIY style and sell just some hundred copies with shows in small clubs.

Dexter_italy
03-23-2012, 03:12 PM
I have faith in japanese fans!! KoshaTanic23: @offspring will you be playing new songs?" Yes. At least one that no one has ever heard before. -Niz

lyr
03-23-2012, 03:19 PM
My Radio Station still plays 2 offpsring songs a day at least, and the moment they release that album a few songs will become current mainstream (you gotta go far kid and hammerhead at the time of the last record were the most requested and played on my station)

cool 2 hate 681
03-23-2012, 06:00 PM
they still get played everyday on the radio here aswell

samseby
03-24-2012, 05:20 AM
Lucky bastards :-)

cool 2 hate 681
03-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Did I say the record would be done last month? -D

https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/status/183760956638232576

cool 2 hate 681
03-25-2012, 12:23 AM
it's done!!!!!!! :):):)

Leaving the studio in Hollywood now. The record is finished. - Dexter

weezly
03-25-2012, 12:24 AM
well the record is done!!!!!

tylercosgrove1989
03-25-2012, 12:37 AM
it's done!!!!!!! :):):)

Leaving the studio in Hollywood now. The record is finished. - Dexter

I'm really excited to hear that! I wonder how long it's going to take to get that new record in our hot little hands! We've all been waiting years for this one so no matter what I'm sure we can handle it.

jacknife737
03-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Awesome! Can't wait to see a tracklisting.

Defender
03-25-2012, 02:43 AM
So it's a matter of time before we get it!!!!

RonWelty
03-25-2012, 05:10 AM
Recording is done but a lot of things need to be made until releasing it. I would expect a june/july date in the most optimistic scenario

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-25-2012, 11:25 AM
At least we can be sure that they're not in the studio anymore.