PDA

View Full Version : how are they live?

bhg_rulz2
02-10-2005, 12:39 AM
since i can't have the chance to watch them live yet...im asking who they are live?.....i know they are awesome!!...cuz' when i watch the live videos i donwload...i just love the way they play!! hehe!!...offspring is the best =)

punkconspiracy
02-10-2005, 12:42 AM
dexter can be a bit whiney now and then

..there i said it.

*Twitch*
02-10-2005, 12:46 AM
well unfortunatly i have never seen them live either much to my eternal shame but my friends say their amazing

vimal
02-10-2005, 01:00 AM
I have been listening to them for the past ten years, and when they came to Cape Town (South Africa) last year September, it was a fucking dream come true. They are really fucking awesome band live, and if you've been listening to them for as long as I have then you can imagine what it meant to me seeing them live. Came out of the mosh with fucked up bruises. It was the best day of my life.

meaning_of_life
02-10-2005, 01:31 AM
mm. i wasnt greatly impressed. dexters voice sounds like hes been sucking helium and when the kids arent alright came on i only recognised it about a 1/3 of the way through, it was just noise. same with alot of the other songs.

barkerboy2
02-10-2005, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I've been listening to them for years and whenever they played in London, they sell out really quickly. Last year, I finally got tickets and it was amazing. We were up high in the venue and so we were watching the moshing form above! Great stuff...

BuddyHolly
02-10-2005, 05:12 AM
and when the kids arent alright came on i only recognised it about a 1/3 of the way through, it was just noise. same with alot of the other songs.

you should get your ears checked

Camilamazed
02-10-2005, 10:23 AM
I realle can't say it.... I have no words to express what I feel at Offspring gigs...... :D

I don't know
02-10-2005, 10:25 AM
offspring live it's just amazing, they're perfect on stage, have no words to describe it too

Iddy
02-10-2005, 10:33 AM
i remember them being good, but its been ages since i've seen them... reading 2002 (day neocon was recorded..) was the last time.

good band live...

Hyper nova
02-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Saw them at Reading this year and OH MY GOD Fucking amazing. They had to be the most energetic band there and they didnt fuck around they just rolleed of song after song probally around 20 in about 1 hour 20 mins think it was the most from any band and they werent even headlining (they should have been tho) and all the singles/GH kindda stuff.

Trip Boy
02-10-2005, 12:40 PM
I love them live! amazing.

killboypwrheadjx
02-10-2005, 02:20 PM
right before they went off to europe to tour with splinter, they stopped by philly to do a festival for a local radio radio station. it was one of the best shows i've ever been to. i saw them when they came back from europe to do the north american tour and i noticed how much their energy had greatly decreased. amazing really...

leo3375
02-10-2005, 08:22 PM
They do quite well live. Every now and then, though, they may not put on a good show. When I saw them in 2000 they were a little sloppy (not too much!) and in 1999 the power went out near the end of their set (not part of the show). Other than those moments, they were awesome!

nitropenguin!
02-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Live? Sucks.Fuckin'.Ass. They should die and rot.

Italia311
02-10-2005, 08:30 PM
lol
they're a great band live. I've seen them twice. They sounds awesome

Rain Girl
02-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Well, if they suck so much in the studio, they must suck live too.

Skate Rat 19
02-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Well their live performance has gotten a little worse over the years. If listen to them now dexter sounds like hes singing through his nose almost, he just doesnt have the same edge anymore, the instrumental part has only gotten better though.

nameless
02-11-2005, 01:46 PM
mm. i wasnt greatly impressed. dexters voice sounds like hes been sucking helium and when the kids arent alright came on i only recognised it about a 1/3 of the way through, it was just noise. same with alot of the other songs.

id say offspring are one of the better live bands that play the songs as they were recorded, unlike blink 182!

Jack the Tripper
02-11-2005, 02:42 PM
since i can't have the chance to watch them live yet...im asking who they are live?.....i know they are awesome!!...cuz' when i watch the live videos i donwload...i just love the way they play!! hehe!!...offspring is the best =)
I've only heard Long way Home live and that was on a single. Long Way Home live is nowhere near as good as the album version, I don't know about their other songs live though.

MoRoChA_DeW
02-11-2005, 06:09 PM
i saw them last year when they came to argentina and i really think they were great!... just like i hear them on their cds or on tv... y was surprice didnt thought it was going to be that great... :D

mcmontoya
02-11-2005, 08:15 PM
what morocha dew says is true. i saw them last year too, when they came to colombia. they sound exactly like the cd. dexter's voice is perfect, and they are never out of key. it's awsome to see how noodles fools around with his guitar... in pretty fly he played with his guitar on the back of his head, i don't know how he can do that. and the new guy, atom, is full of energy, he's amazing. the only thing i did't like so much is that the show is too short (1 hour and 15 minutes). but it's lovely to see them try to speak spanish....

sk8ter-hater
02-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Do you think that the Offspring live is live?
You're pretty stupid and obssesed.

mcmontoya
02-11-2005, 08:25 PM
no need to be rude.
so you're trying to say that they fake it?
if they do, i really don't care. i'm just glad to say i had a great time. and that it was once in a lifetime chance

Moose
02-11-2005, 11:23 PM
they are actually considered one of the best live bands around...i remember reading the new york post after they did the concert here on june 11th commenting about the show and how it sold out just on their reputation of putting on an awesome show...and then the guy said they kicked ass...and they did...amazing they were.

offspringjon
02-12-2005, 04:53 AM
They are awesome live. i've seen them twice now. they were a lot better at reading 2004 than their wembly show but i suppose they had a bit more resting time.

jennie
08-01-2005, 04:26 AM
Their amazing. I've seen them 10 times. Everytime they blew me away

Amazed
08-01-2005, 04:35 AM
A lot of different opinions here... I don't know what to believe. I haven't seen them live yet :(

platinumpt
08-01-2005, 05:14 AM
Shhhhhhit.
10 times!

Well, I've seen them 3, and I'm preparing the 4th time in September. They are amazing Amazed, oh yeah! Otherwise I wouldn't travel from Oporto to Paris only to see them. It's about 3000kms away, it's gonna be by airplane.

Amazed
08-01-2005, 05:27 AM
I trust you platinumpt :)

dexters voice sounds like hes been sucking helium

so, this isn't true?

Marit
08-01-2005, 06:12 AM
Well, I've seen them 3, and I'm preparing the 4th time in September. They are amazing Amazed, oh yeah! Otherwise I wouldn't travel from Oporto to Paris only to see them. It's about 3000kms away, it's gonna be by airplane.

What can I say... To each his own, I guess.

dexterisMYman
08-01-2005, 06:13 AM
they kick ass live.

platinumpt
08-01-2005, 07:22 AM
What can I say... To each his own, I guess.
Yeah, and proud of it! But I'll be there for a week, I'm going to get to know the city, it would be stupid if I didn't enjoy the opportunity. You don't go to Paris every day!!!

so, this isn't true?
Of course it's not true! The guy that said that shit probably was stoned during the concert... or at the time he posted that... or maybe both... that's ridiculous...

SMASH0390
08-01-2005, 12:02 PM
i saw them yesterday warped 05 detroit hell yea. best concert ive ever been too even if it was only 9 songs the moshing was crazy. ive been to one of there full shows too, fucking amazing band live

Amazed
08-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah, and proud of it! But I'll be there for a week, I'm going to get to know the city, it would be stupid if I didn't enjoy the opportunity. You don't go to Paris every day!!!

Of course it's not true! The guy that said that shit probably was stoned during the concert... or at the time he posted that... or maybe both... that's ridiculous...

I'm really confused... my sister has heard some of the live performances I've downloaded and some of the live performances on the complete music video collection and she says it sounds bad. There are some poeple who are telling they suck live and some people who are telling me they rock. :confused:

Offspring-Fanatic
08-02-2005, 01:35 PM
omg ive heard bits of MCR live, Gerard cant sing for crap!!!

the guitars are good though

Tijs
08-02-2005, 02:51 PM
They are very awesome live. The show at itself isn't really that special, it's just all about the music. And the amount of energy is huge, they totally blow you away, in a good way.

Rancid_Guyxxx
08-02-2005, 03:10 PM
One of the best bands live. Rancid are pretty fucking good too. I wanna see Rancid and Offspring tour!

Tired_Of_You
08-02-2005, 03:23 PM
I trust you platinumpt :)

so, this isn't true?His voice isn't always perfect, but he's not as bad as he said. =P I saw them twice and both times I thought they were really good.

Amazed
08-02-2005, 03:31 PM
His voice isn't always perfect, but he's not as bad as he said. =P I saw them twice and both times I thought they were really good.

you're the first one I've heard saying that :rolleyes:

Tired_Of_You
08-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Please forgive me or I'm gonna cry. ='(

Amazed
08-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Please forgive me or I'm gonna cry. ='(

forgive you for what? :p

Tired_Of_You
08-02-2005, 03:38 PM
For repeating what people have already said. *still crying*

Amazed
08-02-2005, 03:40 PM
For repeating what people have already said. *still crying*

you didn't. I wasn't being sarcastic

Tired_Of_You
08-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Oh ok. :o I thought you were because of the sarcastic smiley.

Amazed
08-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Oh ok. :o I thought you were because of the sarcastic smiley.

haha.. I don't think the smiley looks sarcastic. It looks like it's thinking. I just thought it was cute :D

coke_a_holic
08-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Jesus, Val, what the fuck? What. The. Fuck. Can't you do anything right?

By the way, I am thinking about going for the mini-skirt/small purse combo. I'll think about the flower flip-flops, but I don't want the mob to step on my pedicured feet. That was an excellent idea.

Tired_Of_You
08-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Seems like I can't. I'm deeply sorry, you know! *sobs*

If you don't want to wear the flip-flops, you could that kind of boots, but in pink instead?

http://images.delias.com/14780_c.jpg

coke_a_holic
08-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Seems like I can't. I'm deeply sorry, you know! *sobs*

If you don't want to wear the flip-flops, you could that kind of boots, but in pink instead?

http://images.delias.com/14780_c.jpg
Definitely, or I could wear some serious punk rawk shoes. Those skater shoes kids wear unless they actually skateboard.

Tired_Of_You
08-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Yes, you could. Either way I want pictures!

platinumpt
08-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Dexter live kicks major ass :cool:

I've seen them 3 times: 1 in the CO1 tour and 2 in the Splinter tour. I reckon that his voice was better in the splinter tour. I don't know what the hell happened to him during the co1 tour but he looked like sick, his voice was strange, maybe he caught a cold or something lol (after all, the tour was during the winter:D)! But both concerts I've been in the splinter tour were better. They kicked ass, we fans should be proud of them, because they're really good :cool:

Gayman
08-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Maybe the sound reproduction was bad or something cause every live performance I've downloaded they sound great!!!

Amazed
08-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Dexter live kicks major ass :cool:

I've seen them 3 times: 1 in the CO1 tour and 2 in the Splinter tour. I reckon that his voice was better in the splinter tour. I don't know what the hell happened to him during the co1 tour but he looked like sick, his voice was strange, maybe he caught a cold or something lol (after all, the tour was during the winter:D)! But both concerts I've been in the splinter tour were better. They kicked ass, we fans should be proud of them, because they're really good :cool:

I downloaded a live performance before and Dexter's voice was really weird. He sounded like had a cold or something.. maybe he had
this performance was in 2004 btw

Gayman
08-02-2005, 05:13 PM
I downloaded a live performance before and Dexter's voice was really weird. He sounded like had a cold or something.. maybe he had
this performance was in 2004 btw
Many of their performances on 2004 sounds odd...all of them that i've hear are bad quality but still.
But isn't the performance on cvc dvd from 2004, the last one? If it is, then it isn't Dexters voice that's weird, it's just cause of the bad quality or the sound reproduction.

platinumpt
08-03-2005, 02:01 AM
Dudes, just listen to me: go see an Offspring concert and don't think about those problems anymore!!!!!! Before I went to my first, I had the same fears, 'cause I listened to a few live performances downloaded from the old Napster and his voice sounded very different from the albums, and I have to confess that I didn't like a few performances, honestly.

But when I went over there, shit, it's just so fucking incredible being in the middle of all those people, the crowd growing wild, the sound getting louder and louder... I loved it, it's an awesome experience!!!!!

Amazed
08-03-2005, 03:19 AM
Dudes, just listen to me: go see an Offspring concert and don't think about those problems anymore!!!!!! Before I went to my first, I had the same fears, 'cause I listened to a few live performances downloaded from the old Napster and his voice sounded very different from the albums, and I have to confess that I didn't like a few performances, honestly.

But when I went over there, shit, it's just so fucking incredible being in the middle of all those people, the crowd growing wild, the sound getting louder and louder... I loved it, it's an awesome experience!!!!!

I want to go see an offspring concert. The problem is: THEY HAVE TO COME TO SWEDEN! I can't go abroad to see them. I'm only 14 :(

Aannj
08-03-2005, 05:32 AM
Saw em twice, in 2001 and 2004 think it was, they are awesome, i enjoyed myself so much, try to see them!

powerhead'05
08-03-2005, 06:41 AM
Asolutely amazing, I have seen them twice now and they were excellent!!!!!!!

Check out the live vids on the DVD, Dexter sounds exactly like he does on the CD. :D

12th September cant come quick enough!!!

pretty fly 88
08-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Offspring is so amazing live. I've seen lots of great bands live: The Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Billy Idol, Social Distortion, Velvet Revolver... But Offspring is the best band I've ever seen live. I saw them at HFStival, not even an Offspring Concert, a whole festival of bands, and they were by far the best band there. They only had about 50 minutes to play because The Cure were right after them, and they managed to play all their great songs. Hoe many other big bands manage to do that?

pretty fly 88
08-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Whoops, I meant How many big bands, not hoe many big bands

Tired_Of_You
08-03-2005, 09:02 AM
You can edit your posts by clicking "Edit" on the bottom of your posts.

harrydunn
08-03-2005, 09:35 AM
hey
i saw them live for 4 times and each time......i turn crazy....i don't know how they do to liberate the energy they have but they do every show...every crowd is crazy..so that mean a lot in their performance.....the pit is one of the toughest ever in rock show......and yes it's exactly the same than in our cd the sound is the same.....:))))) im planning to see them in NYC (for 5 time and 2 in 3 weeks because they came here on july 28).on august 13.....1000km from quebec city.....i am a real fan

Tired_Of_You
08-03-2005, 09:38 AM
I'd say you're crazy. ;)

platinumpt
08-03-2005, 09:44 AM
I'm going to Paris to see them this year in France, it's 2800kms away :cool:

But of course I'm staying there for some time to see the city!!! About one week vacations... and I'll have the opportunity to see The Offspring again!!!! Man it's gonna be great. I love this band, they rock my life!!!

Offspring-Fanatic
08-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Offspring is so amazing live. I've seen lots of great bands live: The Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Billy Idol, Social Distortion, Velvet Revolver...

GREAT BANDS: i understand Velvet Revolver but seriously dude, Coldplay? BILLY IDOL??

Offspring-Fanatic
08-03-2005, 10:38 AM
yeah im only 14 and my parents wouldn't let me go...they're like "people smoke pot there all the time and meh meh meh crap...." she went to her first concert when she was 13, and it was the 70s! there were a freakin lot more hippies in the 70s!!!

platinumpt
08-03-2005, 10:40 AM
she went to her first concert when she was 13, and it was the 70s! there were a freakin lot more hippies in the 70s!!!
That's why your mother knows people are smoking pot all the time!

Offspring-Fanatic
08-03-2005, 10:57 AM
yeah but i meant as the fact that its not even close to as bad as it was then in the 70s

platinumpt
08-03-2005, 11:15 AM
yeah but i meant as the fact that its not even close to as bad as it was then in the 70s
Smoking pot isn't bad...

Offspring-Fanatic
08-03-2005, 11:26 AM
yeah it is...but mainly inhaling it and stuff ...

eh...nevermind

bd007h
08-03-2005, 12:08 PM
The Offspring kicked ass when I saw them live in Niagara Falls on May 20th 2004.

Amazed
08-03-2005, 02:56 PM
:p
Check out the live vids on the DVD, Dexter sounds exactly like he does on the CD. :D

hm.. I wonder what's wrong with your ears. he sounds good, but not like on the CD. my sister heard when I was watching the dvd and she said it sounded bad. I almost strangled her :p

scream
08-03-2005, 03:07 PM
I have been listening to them for the past ten years, and when they came to Cape Town (South Africa) last year September, it was a fucking dream come true. They are really fucking awesome band live, and if you've been listening to them for as long as I have then you can imagine what it meant to me seeing them live. Came out of the mosh with fucked up bruises. It was the best day of my life.

vimal i share your feelings. hearing the offspring live is a dream come true. i've been a devoted offspring fan since americana but didnt get to hear them live in their own concert until the splinter tour (tho i have seen them live at festivals like BFD 7 and Huck Jam). a dream come true indeed.

Gayman
08-03-2005, 03:47 PM
GREAT BANDS: i understand Velvet Revolver but seriously dude, Coldplay? BILLY IDOL??
HEY!!!Billy Idol rules!!!....or is in second place after...you know....

platinumpt
08-03-2005, 04:22 PM
HEY!!!Billy Idol rules!!!....or is in second place after...you know....
It's a nice day to... START AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIINNNNNNNNNNN N!!!!

Sorry, I just felt the need to say that :o

Gayman
08-03-2005, 04:37 PM
It's a nice day to... START AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIINNNNNNNNNNN N!!!!

Sorry, I just felt the need to say that :o
YEAH!!!!White Wedding rule!!!!The new one...Scream is good...have you heard it?

leo3375
08-03-2005, 04:43 PM
I just want to mention that this year's Warped Tour was my 6th time seeing them live and I have never experienced anything as insane as that pit! Normally I can handle it but near the end I realized I was going to overheat if I didn't get out of there. Of course, after I'm out, Dexter gets out the fire hose.

NDM1
08-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Oh wow. I no where you signiture is from! I saw it on comedy central stand up. haha that guys routine was hilarious. HE kept thinking about that phrase.