PDA

View Full Version : Why was my account blocked?

OffspringDude
02-16-2012, 03:40 AM
I had an account on this forum - I last posted in 2006 lol - Ive resent my password to my email, but when I go to post/reply it says im not allowed and contact the mods! which i also cant do!! :confused:

Can I have my account back? it was called Orange County, Id also like to know why it was blocked/banned, Im not aware of any wrong doing, in fact i hardly ever posted but I loved my account!

Do accounts ceased after long periods of inactivity or something?

Jojan
02-16-2012, 03:50 AM
Do accounts ceased after long periods of inactivity or something?

Possibly. Or the moderators are just being arses again.

randman21
02-16-2012, 03:51 AM
I'd definitely contact a mod directly with PM, if you haven't done so already. Should be no problem after that. Good luck.

EDIT: Uh oh. Looks like I was wrong :/

OffspringDude
02-16-2012, 03:56 AM
Who are the mods that I can contact ?

Thanks.

Tijs
02-16-2012, 03:59 AM
Your account wasn't blocked, its status is "User Awaiting Email Confirmation". Which is strange because you have posted. Unfortunately, we as moderators cannot change that.

What is the exact message you get that tells you it's not allowed?

OffspringDude
02-16-2012, 05:35 AM
I get the email I click to accept and change it, I type in a new one and I log in fine..

Then I get this when trying to post:

http://i.imgur.com/7IBF8.png

Tijs
02-16-2012, 05:56 AM
Ah well, that matches the user status Orange County has. It has nothing to do with any inactivity or anything.

I'm not sure what causes the problem. I just banned Orange County in an attempt to get it out from the 'Awaiting Email Confirmation' group, but when I lifted the ban, it was back again in the same group.

There's also no record of you being banned in the past that I can find or remember.

I can't do much more than that at this moment. Ideas are welcome.

Little_Miss_1565
02-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Looks like the email the confirmation went to is a hotmail account. If you still have access to that account, you could try to find that email and click the link to confirm your address. Short of that, you may need to stick with this new account you made.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-16-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm not sure what causes the problem. I just banned Orange County in an attempt to get it out from the 'Awaiting Email Confirmation' group, but when I lifted the ban, it was back again in the same group.

The mods just admitted to banning someone who did no wrong! Down wiht mods! I favor new mods!

BagOfShenanigans
02-16-2012, 10:48 AM
The mods just admitted to banning someone who did no wrong! Down wiht mods! I favor new mods!

I nominate ChrisDude!

OffspringDude
02-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Bit of a computer admin mystery then???

Oh well, ok I will stick with this account I guess lol

Cheers

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-16-2012, 03:28 PM

Al Coholic has my vote