PDA

View Full Version : Offspring will play in Sonicsphere 2012 Getafe Spain

RonWelty
02-17-2012, 08:31 AM
http://www.hipersonica.com/festivales/the-offspring-evanescence-y-machine-head-entre-las-nuevas-incorporaciones-al-sonisphere-2012

May 2012
PS: ROCK IN RIO 2012 LISBON (26th May) date may be announced very soon.

http://es.sonisphere.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Spainfull1.jpg

Tijs
02-17-2012, 08:53 AM
But... that's a metal festival?

Zee
02-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Maybe it used to be, but not that clearly anymore. Names such as Good Charlotte, Rise Against and so on has played Sonisphere somewhere in last years...

Tijs
02-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah but all the names on this list, at least the ones I know, are pretty much metal bands. And with metal bands, especially names as Metallica, Slayer and Machine Head, Fear Factory and Children of Bottom, you get some pretty hardcore metal fans. Now that's very far away from The Offspring's crowd. Although, I could be entirely wrong about how the crowd might react on the band's presence.

Zee
02-17-2012, 03:12 PM
That's kinda true, yeah. Lots of metalheads for sure... I think they will get a good reaction from them too. I like many of those bands too, some of them a lot. I think Offspring is very well respected band among them. All the metal fans I know doesn't have any bad words about Offspring.

Children Of Bottom, haha. Nice variation of Bodom. :D They're great.

Tijs
02-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Woops, didn't know what went wrong there :p

Zee
02-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Actually really interesting line-up now that I took a closer look on it. Remember how people booed at Simple Plan playing in Italy? I'm sure that won't happen in here at The Offspring.

cool 2 hate 681
02-17-2012, 04:54 PM
yeah it is a metal fest the only bands on the lineup i recognize that aren't metal are soundgarden and evanescence

Dexter_italy
02-18-2012, 04:50 AM
I think they could fit well... I have some metalhead friends who like the offspring too... I think they could get booed if playing after big names... anyway I think it could be challenging for them too playing in that kind of atmosphere! :D

offsrx
03-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Woow Soundgarden and Offspring on same venue! :O That must be like a dream come true for me! :) Too bad I don't have the money do see them..
but how come Soundgarden is named after Metallica, and not Offspring? I mean I really love SG, they are KILLER musicians, but Offspring have been out there for 25 years without any brake-ups! And also Offspring sold shitload more records and have a lot's of views on youtube videos, than Soundgarden.. I think Offspring and SG should be in same position.. Ok maybe slayer with them, because they are legends, but wtf with evanescence?? Evanescence is way down comparing to those 3 bands in quality, quantity, time of being present on the scene etc.
Yeah, I think that metal heads don't hate Offspring; I'm in a 2 bands with a lot of metal guys, they - never listened to the Offspring, but when I played them few songs they were like "It's good, I thought these guys were like 3 chords over and over again, but it's not like that, they are ok".:)