02-19-2012, 10:19 AM
26th May 2012:

Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Smashing Pumpkins
The Offspring

cool 2 hate 681
02-19-2012, 10:29 AM
wow limp bizkit above offspring and smashing pumpkins?

RonWelty
02-19-2012, 10:33 AM

and above Linkin Park.

cool 2 hate 681
02-19-2012, 10:52 AM
that's crazy

Little_Miss_1565
02-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Not only crazy but an unfounded rumor to boot.

RonWelty
02-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Not only crazy but an unfounded rumor to boot.

It appeared as news in the biggest music website in portugal and after a few minutes it was taken away. It was a leak I guess

Little_Miss_1565
02-20-2012, 08:17 AM
It appeared as news in the biggest music website in portugal and after a few minutes it was taken away. It was a leak I guess

And no other website brought it up, right? People lie to get a rise out of people like you.

Llamas
02-20-2012, 09:18 AM

That makes it a "strong rumor"? Didn't some major American paper just fire a staff member not too long ago for posting that someone had died when they didn't? That was posted on the site of a HUGE American paper, and was taken down pretty quickly... and was entirely false. Why do you always do this? I don't really care much if Offspring plays Rock in Rio, because I'd never be able to go, but some people could seriously get excited over that, and then find out it's not true.

Dexter_italy
02-20-2012, 09:52 AM
That's why it's called rumor... until people don't buy tickets for a rumor I don't see any trouble. and really if anyone would buy a ticket based on a rumor the problem would be his... Someone can get excited and then discover it wasn't true and then? it isn't a painful torture. I appreciate how Ronwelty gives us news, maybe he could state his sources or be more precise, but he posted a rumor that if I'm interested on I will go and find out by myself.
I think sometimes you people overreact because it's him. I'm not going for any sort of argument but it's always the same story. Why don't creat a RUMOR section? problem solved....

Llamas
02-20-2012, 10:34 AM
It barely qualifies as a rumor. That is all.

RonWelty
02-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Source: Blitz.pt (owned by the official media partner of Rock in Rio Lisbon)

I think that says it all.

About that "crazy and impossible lineup" idea that our moderator posted here, I must remember you Rock in Rio's 2008 6th june lineup:
- linkin park
- offspring
- muse
- kaiser chiefs
- orishas (yes, it's true :x)

RonWelty
02-20-2012, 10:47 AM
And no other website brought it up, right? People lie to get a rise out of people like you.
lol they don't fool me, because I knew about 2 months ago that The Offspring and Linkin Park were in negotiations to play here.

samseby
02-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Saw it on blitz too. Would make perfect sense, wouldn't it?

May, 25. - June, 02. Rock in Rio *
June, 01. - June, 03. Rock am Ring / Rock im Park
June, 08. - June, 1o. Novarock

Would even leave some time for clubshows :p (just saying and hoping).

Not sure about this:
http://www.linkinparkunforgettable.blogspot.com/2012/02/linkin-park-no-rock-in-rio-lisboa-2012.html

*Edit:
And Sonisphere ...

bouncingcoles
02-21-2012, 05:50 PM

he probably didnt post it in any particular order...

Little_Miss_1565
02-21-2012, 08:14 PM
lol they don't fool me, because I knew about 2 months ago that The Offspring and Linkin Park were in negotiations to play here.

I can name about 10 other bands also in negotiations. Negotiations don't mean a thing until they confirm.

Marco
02-22-2012, 04:03 AM
Oh for christ's sake, I usually don't post here very often but I just couldn't resist this time. I really don't see the point in protesting so much if RonWelty spreads rumors (and that is only within a thread). Has he done something wrong? Is he acting against some strange ethical rule of the internet? He is a big Offspring fan, I really don't think his posts are made in order to trick people into buying false tickets or things like that. Can't you really get over with it?
Ok, my rant is over :p

Anyway peace & love everyone, I think there are better things to complain about.

RonWelty
02-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Oh for christ's sake, I usually don't post here very often but I just couldn't resist this time. I really don't see the point in protesting so much if RonWelty spreads rumors (and that is only within a thread). Has he done something wrong? Is he acting against some strange ethical rule of the internet? He is a big Offspring fan, I really don't think his posts are made in order to trick people into buying false tickets or things like that. Can't you really get over with it?

Anyway peace & love everyone, I think there are better things to complain about.

I don't know you but I fell in love. Ahah

RonWelty
02-22-2012, 06:59 AM
he probably didnt post it in any particular order...

In theory, Limp Bizkit would headline above linkin park

Little_Miss_1565
02-22-2012, 10:12 AM

Marco, we've had to tighten up rules about posting rumors worded like they're facts, because there are blogs and other journalistic music news outlets that use this forum as a source. Of course there are other things I could be doing, but I've been asked to help stem the tide of bullshit news stories about the band. Just doing my job. I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.

RonWelty
02-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Marco, we've had to tighten up rules about posting rumors worded like they're facts, because there are blogs and other journalistic music news outlets that use this forum as a source. Of course there are other things I could be doing, but I've been asked to help stem the tide of bullshit news stories about the band. Just doing my job. I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.

Excuse me, but "Strong Rumor" doesn't mean in your brain the same as in anybody else? Rumor = not a fact. Unless "General Offspring Forum" just exists as a cover to "general chat" and "politics".

Little_Miss_1565
02-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Excuse me, but "Strong Rumor" doesn't mean in your brain the same as in anybody else? Rumor = not a fact. Unless "General Offspring Forum" just exists as a cover to "general chat" and "politics".

I was referring to the additional post you made that I tried to clarify.

RonWelty
03-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Its true. Rock in Rio announced this today.

Isti
03-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Offspring, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Smashing Pumpkins................very strong line up for one day!

Dexter_italy
03-01-2012, 11:41 AM
It seems that RonWelty won again :) Or maybe it's a tie since the other rumor turned out to be false :)

RonWelty
03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Festival lineup

http://rockinriolisboa.sapo.pt/cartaz-rock-in-rio-lisboa-2012

samseby
03-02-2012, 12:19 AM
The Offspring will play the Rock In Rio Festival in Lisbon, Portugal on May 26, 2012. Linkin Park, The Smashing Pumpkins and many more bands are slated to perform, more info available at www.rockinriolisboa.sapo.pt

source: http://www.offspring.com/

platinumpt
03-02-2012, 03:48 AM
YEAH!

It's nice to see our portuguese RonWelty pwned the shit out of everyone here. He was right from the beginning!

26 May, Rock in Rio: EU VOU!

Little_Miss_1565
03-02-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure why it's a game to write to festival promoters asking who they're negotiating with, then posting it here as a rumor. Why not just let the band's management and booking agents go through the motions of negotiating and then celebrate when they announce?

samseby
03-03-2012, 01:14 AM
In order to be first to "know"?! :p Just kidding ... really.

Me was guessing 'cause it made sense. And seriously which band would come over to Europe just to play 2 or 3 festivals? Just wouldn't be worth all the effort involved. Could even go one step further and assume that some bands even do some clubshows in order to bridge the time between festivals ;)