PDA

View Full Version : If I made a thread about vodka

Baldwin
02-28-2012, 06:25 AM
Keep your faggot french and swedish upper-class bullshit out of it. As much as the American upper-class prides itself on stocking classy vodka, they wouldn't know good vodka if Jesus came down from heaven and pissed it into their mouths.

The best rye vodka is Wyborowa, from Poland.
The best wheat vodka is Русский Стандарт, from Russia.
All potato vodka is fit for dogs and Frenchmen only.

If you disagree with me you're wrong, and also gay, probably.

Al Coholic
02-28-2012, 07:08 AM
The best vodka is vanilla vodka! Mixed with coke or pineapple juice it's really good.

the_real_potomek
02-28-2012, 07:33 AM
The best rye vodka is Wyborowa, from Poland.
The best wheat vodka is Русский Стандарт, from Russia.

:D

Well, I actually don't think Wyborowa is the best vodka, although I know it's one of the best known Polish vodkas. I personally love Żołądkowa, kind of herb vodka (there are also honey, mint and bison grass flavors). It's actually tasty, and you don't even feel that you drink vodka. And it's quite cheap.
Русский Стандарт was also very good.
I think Polish and Russian vodkas are good in general:)

bighead384
02-28-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't even know what good vodka tastes like. My perception of good vodka is that it doesn't stand out as unpleasant when you mix it with things. I know good vodka has a lot to do with the system of filtering out impurities, which I know makes hangovers less likely. Now that's something I'm willing to pay for, regardless of taste.

Little_Miss_1565
02-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Had some rad zubrowka, bison grass vodka. Tastes completely dangerous in apple juice.

mrconeman
02-28-2012, 02:36 PM
People drink vodka for taste?
Crazy.

the_real_potomek
02-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Had some rad zubrowka, bison grass vodka. Tastes completely dangerous in apple juice.

I think Żubrówka with apple juice is supposed to taste similar to apple pie, or at least that's what the name of that drink suggests.
I know a lot of people who love Żubrówka, but I think it's just good, not excellent.

JohnnyNemesis
02-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Flavored vodka is evil and should not exist.

Llamas
02-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Sorry, us big city liberals don't drink mainstream shit like vodka. I prefer me some microbrews because I'm a beer snob.

mrconeman
02-28-2012, 08:06 PM
God, I tried so hard not to post something like that, but I'm really glad someone did.

But seriously guys, Brianna was joking, lets not start a shit storm.
Bighead has totally improved since the last thread.
Oh God I can't stop...

Llamas
02-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to derail the thread. How about we talk about horse fucking instead? I mean, since our horse fucking thread turned into a political thread, we need a place to talk about horse fucking.

Lord Phidias
02-28-2012, 09:31 PM
People drink vodka for taste?
Crazy.

Ultimate crazyness... all vodka tastes the same...

killer_queen
02-28-2012, 11:07 PM
I would agree with this strongly if I hadn't tried homemade lemon vodka. The regular flavored vodka has kind of a synthetic taste and of course they are heavily sugared. Lemon vodka has no sugar in it and goes brilliant with food. I love pepper vodka too but I can't even remember the last time I found it in a store.

WebDudette
02-29-2012, 02:32 AM
As a kid I drank vodka exclusively and just got super wasted on it all the time. Now I just can't stand it, it's all equally shitty in my mind. Maybe I'll be able to stomach it again someday, but until then I'll stick with whiskey, scotch, and gin.

Yes.

Lord Phidias
02-29-2012, 09:16 AM
As a kid I drank vodka exclusively and just got super wasted on it all the time. Now I just can't stand it, it's all equally shitty in my mind. Maybe I'll be able to stomach it again someday, but until then I'll stick with whiskey, scotch, and gin.

Eww gin... go whisky!

Baldwin
02-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Traditionally-made flavoured vodkas from East and South Europe can be pretty good, but the swill that Americans and the fucking French pass off as flavoured Vodka is fucking reprehensible, probably because they don't expect anyone to ever taste it without drowning it in coke or juice, like little prepubescent girls. It tastes like watered-down rectified spirits poisoned with vile chemicals, and if I wanted to drink that I could just drink my own piss.

So what's up with everyone mixing their vodka and then thinking they can talk about how it tastes? If you mix your vodka, it tastes like whatever you mix it with.

Jojan
02-29-2012, 11:04 AM
The cheapest one.

the_real_potomek
02-29-2012, 01:34 PM
The cheapest one.

That is also true.

WebDudette
03-01-2012, 12:44 AM
I actually remembering drinking a Polish vodka at a party a few months ago. I can't remember if it was actually alright, or if I was just too drunk to care.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-01-2012, 12:48 AM
The only use I've ever found for flavored vodka is that blueberry vodka makes White Russians sooo much better.

Usually in White Russians the vodka is kind of expendable and doesn't impact the overall flavor that much, but the little hint of blueberry gives the whole vodka ingredient more of a purpose.

WebDudette
03-01-2012, 01:11 AM
raspberry vodka taste like asparagus to me.

Llamas
03-01-2012, 07:02 AM
The only use I've ever found for flavored vodka is that blueberry vodka makes White Russians sooo much better.

Usually in White Russians the vodka is kind of expendable and doesn't impact the overall flavor that much, but the little hint of blueberry gives the whole vodka ingredient more of a purpose.

YUCK! Why would you ruin a perfectly good white russian with flavored vodka?? I don't use top-shelf vodka for my white russians (I prefer Finlandia, but will sometimes even accept Smirnoff), but adding fake nasty "fruit" flavor to my coffee-and-cream alcoholic beverage? Fuck that. Gross.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-01-2012, 08:42 AM
I mean part of it depends on what liqueur you used, but it's not like you're ruining some great beacon of purity anyway... most liqueurs are already loaded with HFCS or at least with tons of added sugar. I've never had a White Russian that much tasted like coffee myself. If it actually did, blueberry would be gross. Stoli Blueberry isn't that strong anyway. It's not like one of those gross Smirnoff drinks.

When I make them with Amarula, I don't bother because there's already a hint of fruit. Although usually I just drink Amarula on the rocks because it's so bloody good.

Llamas
03-01-2012, 09:07 AM
I've always made my white russians with Kahlua, vodka, and cream - 50% vodka, 35% kahlua, 15% cream. Tastes enough like coffee to me... fake fruit would totally ruin it for me.

jacknife737
03-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Could never quite stomach vodka myself: had a few particularly awful experiences when i was a frosh at uni.

All "flavored" vodka i've tried has also been pretty terrible. The only stuff i can enjoy these days is a White Russian.

mrconeman
03-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Just had to note that Llamas is entirely correct on the White Russian discussion (Rhyme time yo.)

Also, White Russians. Good.

yellow
03-31-2012, 04:14 PM
I like vodka. Chopin, kettle one. Vodka redbull, vodka shots. I rarely drink

mrconeman
03-31-2012, 08:02 PM
many white russians. many

RageAndLov
04-02-2012, 04:53 AM
Wow, people actually mix vodka with things? Then you can't taste the vodka itself! And I like Stolichnaya, that's a fine vodka.

Al Coholic
04-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Anyone ever had Starka (aged vodka)? Been wanting to try it for some time now.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Horse fuck how to speak, instead? I mean, yes, because we fucking thread horse turned into a political thread, we need a place to talk about the horse fucking.
And this would have to be my favorite bot post of all time.