PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Breitbart is DEAD

Static_Martyr
03-02-2012, 04:55 AM
So this guy died yesterday morning. He was kind of a douche; he ran a deliberate, dishonest smear campaign against the OWS (http://www.alternet.org/story/152745/andrew_breitbart%27s_pathetic_attempt_to_smear_occ upy_wall_st._), he got Shirley Sherrod fired (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10716237) from her position in the Department of Agriculture by posting incomplete, edited video clips of a speech she'd made in 1986 about racism and classism (although if you want to credit that to the Obama administration for not doing their research before the firing, I won't disagree with you); he was behind the (again, selectively-edited (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549241,00.html)) propaganda (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/02/nyregion/02acorn.html) engine that resulted in the complete federal de-funding, and subsequent bankruptcy, of community group ACORN (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,589768,00.html). He was also the guy who outed Rep. Anthony Weiner (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-andrew-breitbart-political-influence-20120301,0,5954547.story) by releasing sexually suggestive photos posted from the congressman's twitter account (though again, in that case I'd say it was more fair game than straight-up douchery).

I've personally always thought of him as kind of the Jerry Falwell of the Tea Party. He was a major world-class douche, in any case, even admitting, in a recent interview with The Young Turks on Current, that his recent series of "rapists and murderers" smears against OWS were a deliberate lie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHGQyoCLduQ) to "go over the media's head and get them to focus on" some sexual assault cases that had been reported on earlier, during the Zuccotti Park protests, and he claimed that he was justified in doing so (and in deceiving millions of people about the OWS in general) because "the media treated the Tea Party unfairly, so this is fair game." As if OWS was somehow responsible for the way "the media" treated the Tea Party. And as if Breitbart himself wasn't part of "the media."

Thoughts? Opinions? Rants? Seemingly-innocent remarks that will turn out to be super-controversial arguments that make this topic have like 500+ postings?

Jojan
03-02-2012, 05:01 AM
He is with God now.

JohnnyNemesis
03-02-2012, 12:33 PM
The world is better without him.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Jojan's avatar changed? Does that mean I can change mine?! :)

cool 2 hate 681
03-02-2012, 02:15 PM
The world is better without him.

completely agree

jacknife737
03-02-2012, 05:37 PM
I heard Obama had him assassinated because he was about to reveal that the President was actually a shape-shifting reptile like Donald Trump and Elvis.

In all seriousness, guy seemed like a dick, and most of his "news" related ventures end up pretty terrible, and yes, that includes the Huffington Post. Oh, and fuck the tea party.

Edit: And while we're on the topic an he was an editor on the Drudge Report - Am i the only one who is just puzzled why that site is so freaking popular? It looks like some shitty free geocities website that i tried to make in highschool.

mario_spaghettio
03-04-2012, 12:01 AM
I don't know much about the guy but it looks like Obama had him offed because he was going to release a video of Obama from college that would have surely cost Obama the election if not worse.

Llamas
03-04-2012, 09:09 AM
I don't know much about the guy but it looks like Obama had him offed because he was going to release a video of Obama from college that would have surely cost Obama the election if not worse.

And of course the guy hadn't made any copies nor distributed it to his buddies and cronies, so offing one guy would do the job.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-04-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, so I don't know what to think. It could be just an uncanny coincidence, or Obama could have quietly put him down. Obama doesn't really strike me as a killer though.

Maybe the guy just had a heart attack while going on a jog or something. It does seem a little odd though.

If his buddies have the videos, maybe we'll be seeing them shortly. This could get interesting.

Baldwin
03-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Obama doesn't really strike me as a killer though.

He had some Muslim preacher or something assassinated in Pakistan.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist

Honestly, your post should have ended right there.

Successful troll is... successful?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Really? I did not know that. It doesn't seem like he'd deliberately kill an American citizen though. But who knows, right? Power can change people.

Honestly, your post should have ended right there.

I wanted to chip in to the discussion. I haven't heard enough about it yet, so I'm not going to call it an assassination. I also didn't want anyone to think I was ignorant and completely denying that possibility though.

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that I'm not one of those whackos who thinks that Bush blew up the twin towers, or that Area 51 has deadly aliens or whatever.

bighead384
03-04-2012, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he were killed by the Democrat party or someone with close ties to them? Why the hell not? I mean, there's no reason to act like you can definitively say one way or the other, but it's possible. And people with power def. do bad shit like that all the time.

Static_Martyr
03-04-2012, 01:08 PM

Yes, to the conspiracy nuts' credit, Obama's administration has authorized the assassination of at least 1 U.S. citizen on foreign soil (http://www.salon.com/2010/04/07/assassinations_2/), an American-born Islamic cleric named Anwar al-Awlaki. This is not exactly new, though, as Bush had a similar policy (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/26/AR2010012604239_2.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2010012700394) with regard to targeting American citizens who were also members of Al Qaeda:

After the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush gave the CIA, and later the military, authority to kill U.S. citizens abroad if strong evidence existed that an American was involved in organizing or carrying out terrorist actions against the United States or U.S. interests, military and intelligence officials said. The evidence has to meet a certain, defined threshold. The person, for instance, has to pose "a continuing and imminent threat to U.S. persons and interests," said one former intelligence official.

The Obama administration has adopted the same stance. If a U.S. citizen joins al-Qaeda, "it doesn't really change anything from the standpoint of whether we can target them," a senior administration official said. "They are then part of the enemy."

Both the CIA and the JSOC maintain lists of individuals, called "High Value Targets" and "High Value Individuals," whom they seek to kill or capture. The JSOC list includes three Americans, including Aulaqi, whose name was added late last year. As of several months ago, the CIA list included three U.S. citizens, and an intelligence official said that Aulaqi's name has now been added.

Then again, both administrations were pretty open about this policy, and there is no evidence (nor has the administration tried to offer any evidence) to link Breitbart to Al Qaeda. So that's almost completely irrelevant to this case, given that Obama's administration hasn't exactly come out and taken credit for Breitbart's death. It wouldn't make sense to be so public in one case and so private in the other, if he were carrying out both cases based on the same legal precedent.

Baldwin
03-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Nah, the guy in Pakistan was Saudi Arabian. He used to make terrorist videos in caves or something like that.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Really? I did not know that. It doesn't seem like he'd deliberately kill an American citizen though. But who knows, right? Power can change people.

I wanted to chip in to the discussion. I haven't heard enough about it yet, so I'm not going to call it an assassination. I also didn't want anyone to think I was ignorant and completely denying that possibility though.

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that I'm not one of those whackos who thinks that Bush blew up the twin towers, or that Area 51 has deadly aliens or whatever.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were killed by the Democrat party or someone with close ties to them? Why the hell not? I mean, there's no reason to act like you can definitively say one way or the other, but it's possible. And people with power def. do bad shit like that all the time.
These two posts are fair enough given the uncertain nature of Breitbart's death, but my issue with Mario and KickHim's posts before was the insinuation that Obama himself could have been involved. That's just a batshit conspiracy theory that doesn't deserve any credit. Some goofy liberal extremist organization? Sure, maybe. The Obama administration? Hell no.

Nah, the guy in Pakistan was Saudi Arabian. He used to make terrorist videos in caves or something like that.
That's what I thought you were talking about, but it's pretty great that your joke prompted everyone to go dig up that story about that other guy.

And even if that other guy was assassinated by our government, it's obviously a completely different situation than Breitbart's death. I don't think we'll ever really know how much of a threat that guy really posed to our security, but it's been pretty clear for a while that if you're part of al-Qaeda, we're gonna try to kill ya.

Baldwin
03-06-2012, 03:33 AM
Kinda makes me sad that Obama greenlit the most publicised state-sanctioned assassination in forever and nobody seems to recognise it as one.

Does it only count as assassination if you disagree with it?

Isolated Fury
03-06-2012, 05:49 AM
What's the point in discussing it? Obama killed Bin Ladin. Yeah, Obama kills people. Yeah, it's kinda shocking. But, what can you do with 100 000 000 insane Republicans in the USA? Are you going to tell them that Bush should have ignored 9/11 attacks?
YES!!! THATS CUZ PRES BUSH WUZ ORKESTRATEING TEH HOLE THING!!! IT A CONSPEERACY (of one lol)!!!

bighead384
03-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Kinda makes me sad that Obama greenlit the most publicised state-sanctioned assassination in forever and nobody seems to recognise it as one.

Does it only count as assassination if you disagree with it?

I'm not an expert on these matters, but with Bin Laden being an admitted mass murder conspiracist, I don't think people bother to think of the foreign relations ethics aspect of it. Maybe they should, but I think that's the reason they don't. Agreed?

kaitlynbenjamin
03-06-2012, 01:15 PM
i dont know what to say

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-06-2012, 04:21 PM
YES!!! THATS CUZ PRES BUSH WUZ ORKESTRATEING TEH HOLE THING!!! IT A CONSPEERACY (of one lol)!!!
There are television documentaries in support of that idea. It's hilarious.

Al Coholic
03-08-2012, 11:38 AM
And of course the guy hadn't made any copies nor distributed it to his buddies and cronies, so offing one guy would do the job.

You seriously just can't help yourself. You take the troll bait everytime.

Must be a lesbian thing to have to go around correcting men, even when they're obviously not serious.

Llamas
03-08-2012, 03:06 PM

Must be a lesbian thing to have to go around correcting men, even when they're obviously not serious.

Yup. That's why lots of regular posters here engage Mario Spaghettio, and there have been so many threads drawn out in responses to his posts. Didn't realize there were so many lesbians here; time to get busy!

XYlophonetreeZ
03-08-2012, 03:20 PM

Exactly. Heterosexuals, like KickHim, take the troll bait and agree with it.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Exactly. Heterosexuals, like KickHim, take the troll bait and agree with it.

That's me :)